Old 08-13-2019, 03:36 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Home - and the crap cherry on the crap sundae that was my day - the fridge door was ajar all day.

I am not amused.

Supper will be generic hamburger helper stroganoff. Supper should be a hot fudge sundae, dammit.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyada View Post
It was my stage name when I was a belly dancer. I chose the word (from a Hindi-English dictionary) because I wanted people to see me dance and say "Wow, she's too much!"
I proclaim your MMP name to be dancer (belly dancer is too long for an old guy like me to remember).

They cancelled soccer practice for today. Temperature is 98F with a heat index of 114F. Much as I love coaching, keeping 5-8 year olds off the field in that weather is probably wise.

So afternoon will be more of the same Dr. Advice...Do-little.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:51 PM

Home. Bad cloudy dark and rumbling. Our cat Scooter is terrified of bad weather so I started calling her and calling and calling. No cat. Hubs gets home and she was locked in the bedroom all day, she made a beeline for the door probably to go potty. I am exhausted. Folks- don’t get the Flu in August. It takes forever to get over it. I had asked and got permission to cut out early just when the power went out so I hung around to make sure everything came back on and by then I only left 15 minutes early.

Blurfage. I need to cook some chicken thighs that are thawed but have no inspiration at all. I could just go to bed right now.

Sari Ripple is a handsome boy and so big.

BuddyBoy shall be a irking dog tomorrow. Maybe I will get fired.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 08-13-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:59 PM

I envy y'all who have the energy to cook after working. By the time I get home, all I want to do is nuke something.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:21 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I don't so much have energy to cook as I need to - else we'd sup on cereal every night. As I commute home, I decide what I'm going to make, and I pass a grocery and a couple of Amish markets so I can pick up what I might need.

It helps that those who don't cook will clean up.

Roxy and I have eaten, and the dishwasher is running. FCD et al are in Gatlinburg - I expect a phone call before too long. I'll be glad when they get here on Firday.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:52 PM

I put the bug in Hubby’s ear about what I would do with that chicken if I felt like it. I hear sounds emanating from the kitchen we shall see.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:04 PM

Mooooooooom, you could always stop at DQ for supper.

butters, you could always boil the chicken thighs and either toss some frozen veggies in or a little cornstarch and drizzled aig for a quick soup.

Oy! The irk was piled up today. What should have been (and usually is) an easy area to reconcile turned up with a couple of zillion variances. There was also a group training session this morning, the reports to do and send (usually a Monday thing) and then fielding emails from managers who wanted to know WTF happened to their metrics or clueless leads who can't read the damn report.

About fifteen minutes before leaving irk, the thunder rolled, the lightning lit up the sky, the wind kicked up and the rain began coming down sideways. I waited ten minutes without it letting up, so I ran out and got soaked (no stop for mozzarella ). Heading toward home, the traffic lights were off and were either treated as four way stops or had an officer directing traffic. I got out of the wet clothes by flashlight, managed to take the dog out (it was down to a light sprinkle) and started making plans for going out to the next town for supper if the power didn't come back on soon.

They did. Now, the clocks are all set and supper was ham slices and cabbage.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:45 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
It helps that those who don't cook will clean up.
That has never worked for me, for when I'm cleaning up, the cook makes a cheese casserole.

I don't like to cook just for myself, I like for someone else to enjoy it.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:45 PM

House seemed to be getting warm, so I checked the A/C control and it was 82F. It's done this before (albeit not for a couple of months), so I changed the setting by one degree and cycled the buttons from Cold back around to Cold and it came back on and the house is cooling now.

I might be getting some of that rain here shortly, Red. Most of it looks to be passing east, but we may catch the tail end of it, acoording to the radar.

Butters, hope you get feeling stronger and that the cat doesn't poop on the bed in revenge...

dancer, exactly what I did, some Kraft Mac-n-Cheese is now safely enconsed in my stomach.

92F with a heat index of 107F...Summers in Ali-bama...all y'all be cool now.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Charter Member

Laundered, made a KesselPenzy's Spice run, hit the likker sto, and bought chikin for Chipolte Chikin tonight. It's storming, so "Princess Pretty Paws" sin't going out at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
Don't get me wrong; I do like watching hockey. Enjoy it a lot. But I could almost become a real fan just for the convention and the regulars. They almost - just almost - match Santarchists in understanding that the liver is evil and should be punished.
Well, it's in Tarrytown NY next year, if you feel the need to punish your liver mid-August.

dancer, when I don't have time or energy, I make Bachelor Food.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:33 PM

Thanks MetalMouse. Hubby is in and out all day so I don’t think she was locked in the room too long. Her favorite place to go inside and it’s rare is the bath tub. The first time it happened we hauled her to the vet where they gave her an enema. It was just so out of the ordinary. Poor kitty. Pets are good for a few laughs after the fact.

Dogiooo how was Gordie? Happy to have Dad back?

Hubby did in fact cook and clean. He oven fried the chicken which was very good.

Down for the night plus I don’t have to go in so early but the maid comes tomorrow which means my usual maid day chores. What a long ass week it’s already been. I am making progress though. Since school is starting back ( here tomorrow ) that means the business is tapering off just in time. And Bob the visiting Director finally took his perfect ass back where he came from. Good riddance to him. He pissed off every single person he encountered during the month of talking about himself, in circles, which left this listener saying “Huh?”. The old new Director is not looking so bad now. I doubt he will be back though.

Night all!
Old 08-13-2019, 09:21 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
By the time I get home, all I want to do is nuke something.

So do I --------- but in my case its usually Seattle.

Speaking of which I found a simulated bomb some safety boss from the Left Coast set up on us tonight. I did the right thing and contacted my manager-du-jour ---------- and from that point on every boss did every possible thing wrong. What should have been done is they should have contacted security right away and prepared to abandon ship. Here is a box (not one of ours) with a hand written note taped to it (To Da Jungle) just inside a dock door and after I made the suspicious package call the operations boss calls the learning boss () who dances over and picks it up and dances across the building with it to his desk where he proceeds to rip it open. Inside is a note --- congratulations on killing everyone in the building signed Bigger Boss --- and it gets better. Our Building Boss reams me for doing the right thing instead of the wrong thing (moving it myself) because "I allowed the leadership to appear to fail". Appear? If this wasn't a fail I don't want to be around when one actually happens.

I'm guessing a couple weeks of punishment assignments is in my future. What I have kept secret is the usual punishment assignment just happens to be one of my most favorite tasks under our roof. Go ahead baby -- give me a double!
Old 08-13-2019, 09:44 PM
Charter Member

Something that amused me:

Zach Weinersmith creates the webcomic Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal (which I highly recommend) and he occasionally posts messages to his fans in which he does things like review books he's recently read.

In today's message he mentioned a book which he identified as Legal Systems Very Different from Our Own by Friedman. His review made it sound interesting so I went to Amazon to check it out some more. As I typed l-e-g-a-l-s-y-s-t-e-m-s into their search engine, the first entry that came up was Legal Systems Very Different from Our Own. A couple of entries down was the suggestion of Legal Systems Very Different from Ours.

So I clicked the link for Legal Systems Very Different from Our Own and it led me to a book by David Friedman - which is titled Legal Systems Very Different from Ours.

Now obviously these two titles are pretty close. But at the moment the wrong title is more popular than the actual title on Amazon's search engine. So my conclusion is that enough people searched for this book as a result of Weinersmith's post that we've temporarily made his wrong title rise above the real title.

Last edited by Little Nemo; 08-13-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Dogiooo how was Gordie? Happy to have Dad back?
He was insane with joy(as opposed to just being insane on a day to day basis).

Quote:

Speaking of which I found a simulated bomb some safety boss from the Left Coast set up on us tonight. I did the right thing and contacted my manager-du-jour ---------- and from that point on every boss did every possible thing wrong. What should have been done is they should have contacted security right away and prepared to abandon ship. Here is a box (not one of ours) with a hand written note taped to it (To Da Jungle) just inside a dock door and after I made the suspicious package call the operations boss calls the learning boss () who dances over and picks it up and dances across the building with it to his desk where he proceeds to rip it open. Inside is a note --- congratulations on killing everyone in the building signed Bigger Boss --- and it gets better. Our Building Boss reams me for doing the right thing instead of the wrong thing (moving it myself) because "I allowed the leadership to appear to fail". Appear? If this wasn't a fail I don't want to be around when one actually happens.

I'm guessing a couple weeks of punishment assignments is in my future. What I have kept secret is the usual punishment assignment just happens to be one of my most favorite tasks under our roof. Go ahead baby -- give me a double!
Old 08-13-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
I envy y'all who have the energy to cook after working. By the time I get home, all I want to do is nuke something.
I don't bother with that some days, just find something I can eat cold, especially in summer (nearly 100F here today, 107F predicted by Thursday). Speaking of, I should probably eat something more than just some cooked chicken, but don't know what I want to bother with. Worst case, some tortilla chips will finish the top-up.

Sari, please give Ripple and Adam hugs from me. I love animals in general (except snakes. Those I can do without).

Remember when I amused some in here by referring to my callers as the "dry pool dive team"? Today seemed to be the day for most of us in my center to get calls from people too dumb to find the pool or so dense their skulls would crack the bottom of said pool.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:50 PM
Charter Member

One of my grandkids was out visiting along with his aunt. Every year, she takes a couple of weeks to visit other places in the US and she takes him with her. Good auntie. Anyway, we were taking them around, but in two cars because of a another person who was with them and their car was full of traveling crap. So I ended up in my car with the grandson.

Now, a year ago, this kid was a pain in the ass with a soprano voice that could shatter concrete. A year later, his voice has dropped (along with his testicles, I'm assuming), and he can actually carry on a decent conversation. So we talked quite a bit about how tough peer pressure can be, how to deal with bullies, how to deal with his little sisters, how not to allow others' opinions define you as a person, how not to get dragged into someone else's depression, and other things that worry a boy his age. I hope I was able to do some good with him.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:33 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Why am I awake at 1:30 in the AM? Because someone decided she needed to be screaming. I was dreaming that I was in Hawaii. Now I'm not. Durn kid!!!

It's quiet again, so sleepy time, I hope.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:53 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 81 Amurrkin out and fair (as opposed to unjust?) with a predicted high of 96 (heat index of OMG!) and a fifty percent chance of rain/tstorms/apocalypse this afternoon. We shall see. This mornin' I shall lay in provisions and take care of duties over to the church house that shall include haulin' the biiiiiiiiiiig trash cans down to where they stay for pickup tomorrow. Sup shall be boxed lasagna (don't judge!), sallit, and cheesey garlic bread. Should TWPTB be wrong, I foresee some quality cee-mint pond time this afternoon. Oh, and bug man will be here around eight to do his monthly thing.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, bother of bothers, alas and alack, I must purtify and don appropriate bein' about the public attire. Le sigh.

Happy Hump Day Y'all!
Old 08-14-2019, 05:31 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I managed to fall back asleep, but the alarm went off way too soon. However, I made it to the office where the a/c continues not to chill. Promises to be a fun day.

<yawn>

Happy Wednesday!
Old 08-14-2019, 06:30 AM
born to be shunned

Subaru has the parts for my parking brake recall which was issued OVER A YEAR AGO so I will be off shortly this AM to get-er-done. I am much pleased that it all will be corrected. Not a biggie since I always park it in gear and mine has been working basically but ------- we are talking brake after all.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:52 AM
Charter Member

Up. caffeinated, and sheveled. I did not win the lottery or find a sugar momma, so it's back to work.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
I did not win the lottery or find a sugar momma
Here - Sugar momma seeds; if you plant them & nurture them properly, they'll grow up to become a sugar momma.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:19 AM

It's the first day of school for the little rays of sunshine. I'm off in a few minutes to take 'Beamette to carpool, then back here to get 'Beamer, then take him to school. I miss Summer already.

Predicted temp of 107 today. Blurf.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Just don't do it on a Tuesday or a Thursday.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
It's the first day of school for the little rays of sunshine.
It's still mid-summer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:56 AM

Blurf School started here today as well.

Irking as usual. Buddy irking too.

blurf
Old 08-14-2019, 09:03 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

First day of public school here is Sep 3, but the school where my daughter will be teaching starts Aug 26.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
It's still mid-summer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
What if it's merely unusual?
Old 08-14-2019, 09:38 AM

Back when I went to school a hundred years ago we never started before Labor Day.

Having pizza for lunch and a salad cause the salad makes it healthy.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:43 AM

School started here in Ali-bama last week, hope the A/C in the schools is working. 80F now going 'only' to 90F today, so maybe we'll have soccer practice. Looks like I'm going to be coaching a 12U boys and a 12U girls team this year, so only four practices a week (I get Wednesdays off).

FCM, stayed in bed until 8:30am in a very quiet house...

ruble, you bosses are idiots (but you already knew that). Used to get safety briefings since I was a government worker, and you did exactly the right thing, but since the Boss looked like (looked hell, he WAS) a fool, you obviously must take the blame. Life sucks at times...hope the brake job goes well.

Cookie, I know what you mean...I coach kids at the 10U and 12U soccer level, and the difference in their maturity and ability to reason/talk to adults always amazes me--at least when they've not looking at their handheld devices....

Nettie, hope school goes well, and that the pool-divers manage to forget your number...

Ok, need to get dressed and do some chores I've been avoiding due to the heat here. All y'all take care.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:05 AM

Too much fun last night. I stayed up late to finish a book (good book if you like urban fantasy), so I was already tired and just wanted to go to bed.

After I took my shower, I went to turn off the lights in the kitchen. And there's a wasp crawling across the floor.

I get the (brand spanking new) vacuum cleaner so I can suck that bug into the bowels of (bug) hell. I can just barely reach the bug with the vacuum, because you know most of the outlets are behind furniture. It's plugged into the easiest one to reach that doesn't involve walking by the bug. Ok, there were probably closer ones, but this will only take a few seconds, right?

Get the nozzle right up to the wasp, and it... doesn't get sucked into oblivion. It sticks there, right at the opening, probably cursing me with its tiny wasp brain. I look around for something to trap it. Just barely within reach (even farther from the plug) is a plastic bag, with something in it (a container of paint for a project I'm working on). Dump the content, get the plastic bag over the opening of the nozzle, and wrap it tight. So now I can shut the vc off, and find a way to keep the bag on. But there isn't anything in the kitchen junk drawer.

So I just drug the vacuum cleaner outside and shut the door.

Did I mention that I did all of this in a bathrobe that never quit closes properly?
Old 08-14-2019, 11:20 AM

Happy Hump Day!

Got the brat off to daycare okay. He doesn't even look back at me now when I hand over the leash.
They grow up so fast.

It was wet out this morning, then the sun came out, now it's cloudy and supposed to be cloudy most of the day, with a high of 86.

Irk has been busy most of the morning, but I still managed to get one load of laundry (my new towels) done, a load of whites are soaking in the washer, and the dishwasher is humming along. Adam came in and ate, then went right back out, so he will have to get your hug later today Nettie. I'm surprised he went right back out, lately he has been hanging out in my bedroom during the day.

Lots to do today.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:59 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
Just don't do it on a Tuesday or a Thursday.
Noted and will remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post

ruble, you bosses are idiots (but you already knew that). Used to get safety briefings since I was a government worker, and you did exactly the right thing, but since the Boss looked like (looked hell, he WAS) a fool, you obviously must take the blame. Life sucks at times...hope the brake job goes well.
As far as I can tell the brakes are fine but we never had the supposed issue anyway. As for Da Jungle ---- this current crop I am well used to which is why I have kept my likes and dislikes to myself And while I hate to admit it I sometimes look forward to seeing what the "Fail of the Day" will be. With one exception they aren't bad people and don't really mean bad but --- they are so egocentric and so bad at trying to cooperate with each other let alone us peasants ----- well, it gets interesting. I don't really need the income so for me it isn't that bad a place. But for folks who do need some stability; I guess that is why so many leave after a month or two.

Even the thing yesterday -------- as soon as I saw the box I pretty much new exactly what was up. Back in my Civil Air Patrol days they did crap like that to us all the time. And I've made dummy things like that for various firms/people. When Learning Guy came over I was tempted to tell him "This is a test; this is only a test. Take a moment and think before you do anything". Instead the imp in me said "It's not ticking but there is no way in Hell I would touch it" and then I got the two other associates nearby out of range; and my own ass as well. I had a feeling his natural instinct and nature would prove itself by doing something dumb but funny; it did. And then for Napoleon to dress me down for it all -- heck, I was on the clock so who cares? And I never lost my smile which I think pissed him off even more. But again -- all's well that ends well.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
What if it's merely unusual?
Then we break out in song.

Quote:
Get the nozzle right up to the wasp, and it... doesn't get sucked into oblivion. It sticks there, right at the opening, probably cursing me with its tiny wasp brain. I look around for something to trap it. Just barely within reach (even farther from the plug) is a plastic bag, with something in it (a container of paint for a project I'm working on). Dump the content, get the plastic bag over the opening of the nozzle, and wrap it tight. So now I can shut the vc off, and find a way to keep the bag on. But there isn't anything in the kitchen junk drawer.

Did I mention that I did all of this in a bathrobe that never quit closes properly?
I'm disapointed, I thought waspy was going to end up some color combo other than black & yeller.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Too much fun last night. I stayed up late to finish a book (good book if you like urban fantasy), so I was already tired and just wanted to go to bed.

After I took my shower, I went to turn off the lights in the kitchen. And there's a wasp crawling across the floor.

I get the (brand spanking new) vacuum cleaner so I can suck that bug into the bowels of (bug) hell. I can just barely reach the bug with the vacuum, because you know most of the outlets are behind furniture. It's plugged into the easiest one to reach that doesn't involve walking by the bug. Ok, there were probably closer ones, but this will only take a few seconds, right?

dancer, I think you'll fit in just fine with this bunch.

Shopping has been done and rewarded myself for it by eating at Wendy's, so nothing much on the agenda until soccer practice.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Then we break out in song.

I'm disapointed, I thought waspy was going to end up some color combo other than black & yeller.

Sorry to disappoint! Just trying to give an idea of my struggles. I often put in stuff that doesn't really matter.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

Made some killer waffles this morning, crunchy and fluffy and warm with cinnamon and vanilla. Made up some for the freezer, which will likely not make it past tomorrow's breakfast.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:14 PM

Evenin' all. Finally back from my tour de England plus juggling convention. Despite the added 8+ hours of driving to get it, I was very glad I borrowed Dad's van to sleep in, as Weather Occurred and my tent is a very cheap basic one.
Fun was had by most, but I'm not too sorry to be back.

I'll unpack non-essentials tomorrow, tonight I'm just enjoying having electricity and indoor plumbing without having to queue for either. Hope you all behaved appropriately while I was gone.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:22 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
Hope you all behaved appropriately while I was gone.
Excuse me - have you forgotten who you're addressing???

Home, after a quick stop at the Amish market. Supper will be fresh veggies with assorted leftovers so I can start clearing the fridge. It was a hot and crazy day at work - the a/c was still down, tho I saw an HVAC truck in the parking lot as I was leaving. I was doing some drawing revisions for Josh, and one was a real killer!! I got the model changes done, and tomorrow, I can finish the drawing changes - love them 14-page drawings!!

Heat wave on the way this weekend thru early next week. I am not amused.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:27 PM

Came home at 4 and took an hour nap. Now cooking. Still tired and sleepy.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:00 PM

Put a ham in the oven for me, got tacos started for my son, and getting ready to go get Rip.
I get a lot more done when he isn't here, but I sure miss him.
I need to feed Antlers, Scruffy, whatever the hell her name is, on the way out. I haven't seen her for a few days, but I know she's still out there, or else Adam is eating a lot of food.

I'm tired and need a nap, but unfortunately I have to irk when I get back home.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:29 PM

ruble, a quarter of a century of parking on inclines in hilly terrain with a manual has me in the habit of using the park brake even with an automatic. That sounds like a long time for a recall. I had a Tocata airbag in the Toyota and they had it fixed two weeks after the recall. The last S10 had several recalls for minor things that were fixed pronto. My former boss wasn't quite so lucky: GM rented her numerous vehicles over the course of about five months before doing the airbag on her Saturn.

sunny, school began in my county last week and in my last county on the first. They are meandering towards yearlong classes in this part of the state.

Irk was irksome. We got a new cycle counter. He's a 67 year old guy who had owned a lawn care service for forty years and wanted to get in out of the sun (we're air conditioned in our plant). So far, he's done well. We'll see if he comes back tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:57 PM
Charter Member

Evenin' Y'all! Had a pretty much non eventful day today. Did lay in provisions and take care of trash over to the church house. Also had some quality cee-mint pond time. After that I made sup which got et and now 'tis rainyish out. I feel like I could go sleepy time right now but I won't as 'tis a bit early for that still.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:06 PM
Charter Member

The tale of vacuuming up a wasp reminded me of several years ago when DH used a vacuum cleaner to wage war on stinkbugs in the house. One room had been suddenly beset with a few dozen of the noxious things. They were so big that they'd go "thhhhhpp!" down the hose.

So hot here, it should be illegal. And no air conditioning in this city nearish SF that "never gets hot." I went on a quick Target run earlier, and the car said it was 103 degrees. At 3:30. I don't even want to know what it is now. Target's goofy some times - I placed an order online for pickup as there was a spend $50, get $15 back offer. I got an "Oops! Someone must have grabbed the last one!" email about a package of paper towels from my order. I had the options of canceling the item (and probably losing the deal) or to let them ship the missing item to me for free. I wonder how much it costs to ship a 12-pack of paper towels? Not terribly heavy, but pretty bulky.

Work's had me busy. I'm learning a mainframe system called RACF. Not sure what IBM thinks it means, but to me, it's Really Awful, Crappy, Fuggeddaboutit. Yes Virginia, they still make mainframes.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:20 PM
Charter Member

Mrs. L.A. threw away the cardboard insert from the cats' scratching box a couple of weeks ago. She didn't like the cardboard bits, as she's on a cleaning binge. Today I cut a piece of plywood and wrapped in sisal rope. Unfortunately, I was a quarter-inch too big on the sides. I split the box when I put it in. I told Mrs. L.A. that if the broken corner bothers her, I'll unwrap the rope, cut the plywood, and wrap it up again.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Nettie, hope school goes well, and that the pool-divers manage to forget your number...
I'm not currently a student , but I think we've gotten through the ones too dense to find a pool, and anyone dumber probably can't dial a phone anyway.

Now would someone turn down the heat here, please?
Old 08-14-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint! Just trying to give an idea of my struggles. I often put in stuff that doesn't really matter.
Pretty customary in the MMP .

What book was that you mentioned?
Old 08-14-2019, 10:10 PM

Nettie, hoped school going well was for the kids and that there was no problems with the change in address (went to 4 different elementary schools myself in 6 years, so I know).

gotti, glad to see you haven't melted...yet. I often wonder how people managed without A/C for all these years (forgetting I didn't have A/C until I was in my 30's).

Red, 67 year old, huh? Guess I know where I can get a job if I get too bored...

Soccer went pretty well, I'm mostly a traffic cop ("Born in 2013? They're on Field #4") but did get some coaching in. Will have a 12U girls and 12U Boys team this season, looking forward to it. Only got to 88F today...
Old 08-14-2019, 10:21 PM
Charter Member

And... Tonka just peed on the new scratcher.

He's been moody (and howly) since Mrs. L.A. decided he's going to be an indoor cat.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
(went to 4 different elementary schools myself in 6 years, so I know).
So you were a disciplinary problem?

...& now this important message...

Happy Sod Off Bloody Colonials Day!

(Except they don't do it right; no fireworks tonight. )