View Poll Results: What is Donald Trump's alignment when you answer the quiz questions on his behalf?
Lawful Good 1 1.52%
Neutral Good 0 0%
Chaotic Good 0 0%
Lawful Neutral 0 0%
Neutral 0 0%
Chaotic Neutral 19 28.79%
Lawful Evil 1 1.52%
Neutral Evil 6 9.09%
Chaotic Evil 39 59.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2018, 02:44 PM

Help Donald Trump find his roll-playing game alignment

Inspired by a resurrected thread in IMHO, I took this test to find my D&D alignment.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article2....nd/dx20001222x

Then, for the hell of it, I took it again on behalf of Donald Trump, answering with what I thought his truthful answers would be when he was a presidential candidate.*

When you do the same, what alignment does it report Donald Trump to be? Anyone surprised by the answer? If you are a Trump supporter, does his reported alignment match the alignment you want in a president?

* I gave the answers I thought he would give if he were being truly honest, as though no one but him would ever know the results of the test. I realize this does not accurately assess Trump's personality but rather gives my assessment of his personality through the distorted lens of a silly personality quiz. I still enjoyed doing it.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:46 PM

It's pretty obvious that he's Chaotic Stupid.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Only because they don't have a category for "stable genius."
Old 08-22-2018, 03:50 PM
Charter Member

Lawful means you value AND FOLLOW community standards. Chaotic means that you deprioritize community standards as guidelines for your own life.

Good means you value the welfare of other people. Evil means you deprioritize other folks' welfare when it interferes with your own desires.

How is this a hard question?
Old 08-22-2018, 03:59 PM

I said "Chaotic Neutral" because he's definitely a chaotic force, but he doesn't seem to really have a lean toward good or evil overall; just what's good for him at the moment. Chaotic evil implies more intention to do bad stuff than I think is actually there, despite the effects of his actions.

If there was a "Chaotic Self-Absorbed", that would be the alignment I would have chosen.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bump View Post
I said "Chaotic Neutral" because he's definitely a chaotic force, but he doesn't seem to really have a lean toward good or evil overall; just what's good for him at the moment. Chaotic evil implies more intention to do bad stuff than I think is actually there, despite the effects of his actions.

If there was a "Chaotic Self-Absorbed", that would be the alignment I would have chosen.
I'm mostly on board with this. I don't think he tries to do shitty things. He doesn't care if he does them, and they often align with enriching himself.

Given the banality of evil though, perhaps that's enough rather than holding out the evil label for serial killers and telemarketers.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:35 PM
Charter Member

The test link doesn't work for me, but I'd peg him as Neutral Evil. He's all about himself. He's a disruptive force, keeping his opponents off-balance, but that doesn't mean that he himself is chaotic - he's deliberately using chaos IYSWIM. He's Evil because he definitely tries to harm others (financially, that is, by refusing to pay), but he obeys the strictures of the Law when forced.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
The test link doesn't work for me, but I'd peg him as Neutral Evil. He's all about himself. He's a disruptive force, keeping his opponents off-balance, but that doesn't mean that he himself is chaotic - he's deliberately using chaos IYSWIM. He's Evil because he definitely tries to harm others (financially, that is, by refusing to pay), but he obeys the strictures of the Law when forced.
I agree with this. NE has always struck me as the purely self absorbed and most selfish of the alignments.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:51 PM

Test link doesn't work for me either. Chaotic evil is my choice. Chaotic because he's not organized, and he's flighty as hell. He can't stay focused for 10 seconds. Evil because he harms others, and he uses harm to get his way. He believes evil things and he promotes evil beliefs. He lies about his intentions when it benefits him to do so. He deceives on a massive scale. I'm stopping there. My keyboard is getting slimy by association.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

I ended up at "chaotic neutral" before looking at any of the comments. My thought is, well, the chaotic part is obvious, and "neutral" because I think he is completely amoral and really doesn't give a shit about good vs evil just, like you said, whatever is good for him at the moment.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:27 PM
Extrajudicial

Moderation

This is pretty mindless and pointless, but then again it's about a political figure and it contains a poll. Not quite ranty enough for the Pit either. There's no debate, and it's only super loosely based on some kind of entertainment with the alignment gradients. It's kind of like asking opinions, ... but then I'd inflict that on ITD and Asimovian...Eh, it stays for now.

[/moderating]
Old 08-22-2018, 07:30 PM

You're a good person.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I disagree, there are definitely some actions that Trump takes that are done purely out of spite, such as actively cutting off the health care to his grand nephew who had cerebral palsy.

Also doing whats good for you at the moment can be an evil act if it hurts others.

If a character sees and injured person on their path:
A good character would help them
A neutral character would just leave them alone and go on his way.
An evil character would rifle through their pockets for gold.

Donald Trump really seems like the third kind.

ETA: Here's a better link to the test.

Last edited by Buck Godot; 08-22-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:57 PM

He doesn't pay his contractors (unless he cheated on his wife with them) and he kicked his sick nephew off of the company health insurance to fuck with his brother. That's not self-interest. That's not disinterest. That's evil.

And as my blood pressure and eating habits will attest from these last 21 months, he's pure chaos.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:00 AM
Charter Member

I read the OP. Chaotic Neutral? Then I thought, "Oh, wow, yeah, Chaotic Evil." I don't mean he's a Champion of Darkness, but he's chaotic and he's at least neutral on the Good-Evil axis, but he's crooked enough he's probably over the line into CE. CE or CN.

(And yes, I know that Monte Cook's Champions of Darkness are from a setting without a nine-alignment grid. But I mean that CE doesn't have to mean that.)

OK, let's try this quiz.

The quiz didn't work for me.

Oh, you know what Trump's character class would be?
SPOILER:
Trick question! Trump has no class!
SPOILER:
No, really! He's not, like, an Expert or a Warrior. Maybe a Rogue? But I think that like many monsters, he may just lack a PC (or NPC) class. Just human racial hit dice?

Last edited by foolsguinea; 08-23-2018 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
ETA: Here's a better link to the test.
OK, I answered some the way I think he'd answer it more than the way I see him. But I also made him out to be a bigger coward than he'd usually admit.

I got Chaotic Neutral. Which is, you know, kind.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
First thing I thought just reading the title of the thread.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
You're a good person.
Chaotic Good.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:55 PM

How can Lawful Evil only have one vote? The Guy's literally the President and the Evil part is self evident.

ETA: Lawful means you work within the structures of society. Corrupt Politicians are the epitome of Lawful Evil.

Last edited by Quimby; 08-23-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
How can Lawful Evil only have one vote? The Guy's literally the President and the Evil part is self evident.

ETA: Lawful means you work within the structures of society. Corrupt Politicians are the epitome of Lawful Evil.
Because he doesn't work within the law. Thought that would have been obvious.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimby View Post

Well, for what it's worth, I asked about candidate Trump and recent evidence seems to indicate he did not run an entirely lawful campaign.

Take the quiz and see what you actually come up with. Buck Godot's link seems to work.

Last edited by Tired and Cranky; 08-23-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsguinea View Post
Oh, you know what Trump's character class would be?
"Thief", no? I stopped playing AD&D after the second edition came out.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:51 PM

Why he's evil : because his primary goal as president is not the best interest of the nation or people. In fact, which actions has he taken to benefit the nation as a whole?

All I know about are negative ones.

a. He's devalued America's credibility and value as a brand with his crackpot tweets

b. His tax bill, the only legislative accomplishment I know of, is essentially a robbery of the U.S. treasury. Almost all the dollar value of the cuts go to the richest cohort of Americans - you know, the ones who materially benefit the least - while just increasing the amount of money the federal government is forced to borrow to keep operating. Even Shodan or another hardcore conservative should realize that this is criminally stupid. Even if you believe taxes should be reduced, and you believe the rich should get the most benefit, it should be done by cutting federal spending until that spending is less than the amount of taxes being collected, so that by reducing taxes you are not increasing the national debt any. Which should be on a payment plan to pay it off in 50 years or so.

c. And yeah, all his shady business dealings and criminal friends look really really bad

d. And banning travelers from a few specific countries just to be an asshole looks bad

e. And starting a trade war, ruining potentially billions of dollars of U.S. business looks worse

Why he's chaotic :

Look, if he wanted to just evilly steal from America, he has all the power he needs to do it. All he needs to do is shut the fuck up, make only statements that a team of experts have vetted for content, and make sure he fills the headlines with positive events. I dunno, pet puppies or something in public while his advisers work to push forward his evil agenda. Make sure to pair his evil bills with meaningless feel good ones, like a federal kittens for orphans program or something.

And he wouldn't be under fucking investigation if he didn't fire the fucking head of the FBI! His ignorance is his undoing! I bet he knows not a goddamn thing about J Edgar Hoover, a director of the FBI who was so powerful that nobody dared fire him!

The modern FBI isn't quite so powerful but don't fire the head of the federal police if you have 800 skeletons in your closet! Especially not if you have been doing real estate deals that look like money laundering, have a crook of a personal attorney, have recently violated campaign finance laws, and have been abusing charity donations to commit tax evasion!

Last edited by SamuelA; 08-23-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:43 PM
Charter Member

Despite all the bad press, I'd go for Chaotic Neutral.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryman View Post
Despite all the bad press, I'd go for Chaotic Neutral.
Name a good act that counterbalances the tax bill, which is just a looting paid for by the Federal credit card.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky_Kong View Post
Because he doesn't work within the law. Thought that would have been obvious.
Lawful means to work within the structure of society. You then use the rules and structure to benefit yourself and harm your enemies. Like, say, running for President, winning and using that power to enrich yourself and your family. Lawful Evil characters break the law constantly or they twist it to heir own ends in immoral ways.

Chaotic characters want to tear society down or at the very least reject society's rules.