Old 06-14-2018, 07:14 PM

I'm into this. I wish it was structured more like The Division where the Vault was your homebase and you'd return, rest gear up and then go on supply/reclamation raids. You can go solo or you can go with other dwellers.

Big monster fights are some of my least favorite parts of Fallout but I do like the exploration aspects.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

I encountered a problem with New Vegas: something started popping up and minimizing the game. The NCR camp across from Primm and being near the door to the Old Mormon Fort's interior are triggers but easily dealt with. But when I got near the Sunset Sarsaparilla HQ, the game minimized with every step!

Went looking for a solution and it turned out to be an errant codec. Installing this fixed it.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:44 AM

Since this is about the announcement as whole I will mention that Elder Scrolls Blades looks interesting. Especially since I just bought a Kindle Fire.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

It's possible that you will be able to just build your world on a private server, and cooperate with friends, but I expect the quests they're talking about are tedious generic buggy 'radiant' quests like in Fallout 4. I wouldn't mind maintaining a world with friends, but if the only enemies to defend against are just monsters and no NPCs or factions, then there won't seem to be much of a point. Doesn't seem worth more than $20. If you can't create an isolated server it's worth $0. I'd accept it in my Steam library for free, and I might even install it with the intention of playing it, but I would probably never play it.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:42 AM
Charter Member

76 reportedly will have private servers at some point after release.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
They just announced Elder Scrolls VI is in production.

Gotta be 2020 at the earliest.

Hmmm....I guess I really should finish an Elder Scrolls V game, then. I'm going to be running out of time.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

Polygon has been keeping abreast of things.
Quote:
Players will be able to opt into (or out of) player-versus-player and player-versus-environment gameplay as they choose, much like MMOs do. There’s still more to learn about how PvP will work, but Bethesda Softworks has signaled that if players don’t want to take on human-vs-human combat, they won’t have to.

Some of the details to emerge so far include a “bounty system” which levies a price on the head of players who behave aggressively. PvP’s balancing is still being tuned with the ideal of curbing grief behavior while still leaving room for dramatic struggles.

Being killed in PvP (or PvE) for that matter, will never result in progression loss for a character. In PvE, once downed they’ll take a knee, which they can then be revived or knocked out for good (again, like some MMOs). Players killed in action can pick a respawn point and rejoin the game.

For PvE, users can expect to deal with a slew of beasts, mutants, ghouls, deathclaws and the new monsters unique to this game. One is a “Scorchbeast,” an enormous, boss-level mutated bat-like monster that can fly. Scorchbeasts are tied to one of the more intriguing — and difficult — PvE goals, the Nukes.

Four different nuclear missile sites will be located on Fallout 76’s map, from which players can arm and launch a nuke. This is accomplished by obtaining all of the missile keys for a site, which are dropped by NPC enemies in the world. Nuking a site creates “rare and valuable resources” at that location, along with more powerful monsters.

Canonically, nuking a site involves sealing the nuclear fissures in the grown where they are spawned. As far as how this affects other players, there will be a warning before one comes in. Bethesda Game Studios does not intend nukes to be a kind of PvP ultimate strike on others’ bases. And by the way, there will be no offline base raids on other players. When they’re not in the game, neither is their base.

Update, 7/6/18: In an interview with the Italian publication Multiplayer, [Todd] Howard said that Fallout 76 will feature fast travel — somewhat critical given the size of the map — and suggested that low-level players may not be killed in PvE play to prevent “spawn-camping” or other poaching behavior. “Maybe we will change this rule,” Howard said, so that’s not a confirmed boundary for PvE. But Bethesda Game Studios at least seems mindful that it has to take steps to protect newcomers or limit griefing behavior.

Update, 8/11/18: At QuakeCon 2018, Howard said that while human players can hunt down and kill other humans, there are consequences. Players who kill others will get a “wanted murderer” designation that exposes them on the mini-map to other human players, with a bounty paid out of the offending player’s cap total if they are killed. Further, players killed by another human player will be able to seek revenge for double the usual payoff. “We turn the assholes into interesting content,” Howard said.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

And here I opened this thread, wondering what the hell had happened in Bethesda, MD.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Rockville, actually.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:46 PM

Man, that still leaves me with a lot of questions. If my base is gone when I'm gone, what happens if someone else builds where my base is?

If we're all in PvE mode, could someone run a train of deathclaws through some noobs and grief them that way?

If PvP, if someone gets a high bounty from killing people, can he run over to a buddy, let the buddy kill him and then split the bounty?
Old 08-31-2018, 08:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzeiger View Post
If my base is gone when I'm gone, what happens if someone else builds where my base is?
I've seen an answer to this ... somewhere. Players get ... something ... that enables them to rebuild their base elsewhere with just a few clicks.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
Polygon has been keeping abreast of things.
Quote:
Players will be able to opt into (or out of) player-versus-player and player-versus-environment gameplay as they choose, much like MMOs do. There’s still more to learn about how PvP will work, but Bethesda Softworks has signaled that if players don’t want to take on human-vs-human combat, they won’t have to.

Some of the details to emerge so far include a “bounty system” which levies a price on the head of players who behave aggressively. PvP’s balancing is still being tuned with the ideal of curbing grief behavior while still leaving room for dramatic struggles.

Being killed in PvP (or PvE) for that matter, will never result in progression loss for a character. In PvE, once downed they’ll take a knee, which they can then be revived or knocked out for good (again, like some MMOs). Players killed in action can pick a respawn point and rejoin the game.

For PvE, users can expect to deal with a slew of beasts, mutants, ghouls, deathclaws and the new monsters unique to this game. One is a “Scorchbeast,” an enormous, boss-level mutated bat-like monster that can fly. Scorchbeasts are tied to one of the more intriguing — and difficult — PvE goals, the Nukes.

Four different nuclear missile sites will be located on Fallout 76’s map, from which players can arm and launch a nuke. This is accomplished by obtaining all of the missile keys for a site, which are dropped by NPC enemies in the world. Nuking a site creates “rare and valuable resources” at that location, along with more powerful monsters.

Canonically, nuking a site involves sealing the nuclear fissures in the grown where they are spawned. As far as how this affects other players, there will be a warning before one comes in. Bethesda Game Studios does not intend nukes to be a kind of PvP ultimate strike on others’ bases. And by the way, there will be no offline base raids on other players. When they’re not in the game, neither is their base.

Update, 7/6/18: In an interview with the Italian publication Multiplayer, [Todd] Howard said that Fallout 76 will feature fast travel — somewhat critical given the size of the map — and suggested that low-level players may not be killed in PvE play to prevent “spawn-camping” or other poaching behavior. “Maybe we will change this rule,” Howard said, so that’s not a confirmed boundary for PvE. But Bethesda Game Studios at least seems mindful that it has to take steps to protect newcomers or limit griefing behavior.

Update, 8/11/18: At QuakeCon 2018, Howard said that while human players can hunt down and kill other humans, there are consequences. Players who kill others will get a “wanted murderer” designation that exposes them on the mini-map to other human players, with a bounty paid out of the offending player’s cap total if they are killed. Further, players killed by another human player will be able to seek revenge for double the usual payoff. “We turn the assholes into interesting content,” Howard said.
Some of this is contradictory. Is PVP optional or not? If you can be killed by other players, it's not PVE.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:44 AM

Look guys, it's just gonna work, okay?
Old 09-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug K. View Post
Some of this is contradictory. Is PVP optional or not? If you can be killed by other players, it's not PVE.
Hardcore griefers will always find some way to infiltrate PvE.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Hardcore griefers will always find some way to infiltrate PvE.
But in a true PVE environment you can swing, punch, kick, throw stuff, cast spells, etc. at another player all you want and the only effect will be to make you look like a toddler throwing a tantrum.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug K. View Post
But in a true PVE environment you can swing, punch, kick, throw stuff, cast spells, etc. at another player all you want and the only effect will be to make you look like a toddler throwing a tantrum.
In which case, the hardcore griefers try dragging high level mobs through lowbie zones. Or, alternatively, bring hapless PUG members into an instance where all mobs con purple and leave 'em there.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 09-01-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:51 PM

I have very minimal MMORPG style gaming experience - WoW almost a decade ago. But I recall mobs generally had a maximum range, and they'd turn back after a certain distance. IIRC people were able to kite them farther by using multiple players, but it would seem that that's a known issue for some time, and fixes are known.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Charter Member

Point is, they'll always be probing for weak points until they're distracted by the next shiny thing.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
I have very minimal MMORPG style gaming experience - WoW almost a decade ago. But I recall mobs generally had a maximum range, and they'd turn back after a certain distance. IIRC people were able to kite them farther by using multiple players, but it would seem that that's a known issue for some time, and fixes are known.
But for MMOs, the "fixes" tend more and more towards not having anything particularly interesting going on in the open world, and gating all the hard stuff into private instances.

MMOs are generally designed around PvE as their core, and if maintaining PvE means that open-world PvP is screwed over, well, that's just too bad.

This game seems to have PvP as it's base concept, just with the "you can unflag if you want to" claim tagged on. Dragging Deathclaws through your opponents should be a valid PvP tactic, given we've established that they will hunt down their eggs, and will react to certain sirens in Fallout 4, I just don't see a good way to do that and still establish a decent PvE experience.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:31 PM

Well I kicked off the fallout 76 Beta download. 47 Gigs. I should have it installed around the end of the Beta.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:38 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

I've seen a few YouTubers who have played the beta, and it's got distinctly mixed reviews so far. There are a few things about the game that just make this one a game I'll probably pass up. No Steam is one of the biggest ones...I hate that I'd have to use a different loader and can't keep track of it with all my other games. No NPCs seems like the world will be hollow. The quest system doesn't seem that great either. I have to admit some of my concerns about PVP ganking have lessened, since it seems Bethesda has really throttled it back (still haven't seen anyone use a nuke yet though). As a survival/exploration game it might be ok, and I have a few friends who have already pre-ordered it (though the way they are doing the beta with limited times has driven a few of them nuts), so I'm taking a wait and see on this. Let us know what you think of the beta.

That's what happens when you let rednecks play with anti-matter!
Old 10-31-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
In which case, the hardcore griefers try dragging high level mobs through lowbie zones. Or, alternatively, bring hapless PUG members into an instance where all mobs con purple and leave 'em there.
everquest 2001!
Old 10-31-2018, 09:17 PM

I read there was a bug that deletes the entire game and makes you download it again. Might be fixed by now but wanted to mention it.

Last edited by Quimby; 10-31-2018 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
I read there was a bug that deletes the entire game and makes you download it again. Might be fixed by now but wanted to mention it.
It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Old 11-01-2018, 06:17 PM

Well I got into it for an hour or so earlier today. It's a bit confusing with no effective tutorial, and a poorly responsive menu. But the big thing is that the graphics are far from being tuned. I had to drop to low quality in a small window, and still had poor enough frame rate I was getting a headache and quit because of it. My system is nothing spectacular but has a 1060, and can play most other games full screen, medium quality never notice any rate issue.

As it is a true Beta they might still be tweaking of course, but it was not a promising video situation 2 weeks from go live.

Last edited by wolfman; 11-01-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:52 PM

I hopped on twitch for a bit, and their automatic stream that popped up was some big streamer playing Fallout 76, except the entire time was spent trying to get out of the game after it crashed and wouldn't close.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:56 PM

It has gotten better in the last week. My frame rate is now acceptable for my tastes, although I haven't upped the quality or resolution to see how it runs an what I would consider normal graphics for my card these days.

It is an old-school hardcore kind of MMO at this point though. Much more 2000 that 2018 with standard Fallout treatment of limited ammo, stimpaks, radaway, and food and drink(which are now required and run down damn fast). The tutorial-ish stuff is over a wide area, with mobs that will stalk and kill you, and even guard a re-spawn spot for another kill. I'm not sure if that much of a hard-core edge is intended, of if it's still expecting tuning, but with less than a week to go I'd lean toward the first(plus a large factor of me not understanding what the hell is going on a lot of the time).
Old 11-08-2018, 10:16 PM

No thank you.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:56 PM

Well, It's interesting. I'm not sure what exactly they had in mind, but after about 3 hours in BETA and 5 or so since it went live, It is not MMO. It is barely MO. In those 8 hours or so I have seen maybe 5 people, and my only interaction with anyone was to accidentally hit one guy with my axe, which I guess he understood was an accident. And one other guy who joined me in a group event. But there are group events popping all over the place, which I mostly can't do solo.

So for the most part, for me it is an exploration game in an eerily empty Fallout world, where you can easily go an hour between finding a robot or computer to talk with. But it is a huge world, I can see where I have gone in an hour or so of exploring, and it is a tiny piece of the map.

Last edited by wolfman; 11-15-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
So for the most part, for me it is an exploration game in an eerily empty Fallout world, where you can easily go an hour between finding a robot or computer to talk with. But it is a huge world, I can see where I have gone in an hour or so of exploring, and it is a tiny piece of the map.
IGN's review in progress also mentions that you can play alone and experience an empty Fallout game.

I'm kind of interested, but not much. I'd be curious to hear how many quests are in it.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Well, It's interesting. I'm not sure what exactly they had in mind, but after about 3 hours in BETA and 5 or so since it went live, It is not MMO. It is barely MO. In those 8 hours or so I have seen maybe 5 people, and my only interaction with anyone was to accidentally hit one guy with my axe, which I guess he understood was an accident. And one other guy who joined me in a group event. But there are group events popping all over the place, which I mostly can't do solo.

What did you do during your gaming session?
Old 11-16-2018, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
I'm kind of interested, but not much. I'd be curious to hear how many quests are in it.

Seems like quite a few, so far. Most places I've discovered have triggered a new quest.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelEmouse View Post
What did you do during your gaming session?
Exploring, questing, dying.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Exploring, questing, dying.
So, is it like playing Fallout 4 but with a much bigger map and more sidequests with occasional coop?
Old 11-16-2018, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelEmouse View Post
So, is it like playing Fallout 4 but with a much bigger map and more sidequests with occasional coop?
With the Caveat that I am only 8 hours in or so, I'd say largely yes. Crafting has a find-the-recipe-first system for a lot of food, chems,weapon upgrades and campsite pieces rather that having most everything available to start, and fast travel costs caps are a couple changes I have found. I'm not sure if there is an overarching plot or not. The tutorial takes you all over the place, and I lost track of it somewhere, but if there is a main story I would guess it follow form that eventually.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:14 AM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

So, doesn't seem to be a Fallout 76 thread (not sure if many 'dopers are even playing the game), I figured I'd use this one to give my initial thoughts and answer any questions anyone might have who is thinking about getting the game.

First up, yeah...I got the game. Or, I should say, it was given to me by a cow-orker who wanted to play together with some other friends. I installed it Thursday evening and played Friday night, Saturday night and on and off on Sunday. I was able to make it to level 16.

My impressions of the game are generally favorable. It's fun to play the game with friends and explore around. The world is pretty big with lots to see. If you like looting and just exploring with the occasional quest or event coming up then you will probably like the game. The world is pretty good looking. The game runs fairly smoothly on my older (1 year old Dell Alienware PC) at high graphics. On Ultra it was a bit choppy, but to me it looks pretty good at the high setting. There have been a lot of players I've seen roaming around that weren't part of our group, and I haven't had any issues with PvP gankers or the like, even before I put pacifistic mode on and even when I accidentally shot another player during close combat.

Some issues though. I had a few crashes and server down instances over the weekend...maybe 2-3 total. Some real slow down and lag in some parts of the game. The biggest issues are with the amount of the stash, which is ridiculously small and base building, as well as the general combat system and crafting. The stash is a major issue, IMHO. Basically, the stash size is too small. You get 400 (units). That's it. And you can't have multiple stashes...all of your stashes are linked. And there is no other way to store item or equipment...even your power suit station doesn't store your power armor, so if you aren't using it you have to keep it in your stash...which means a ton of weight in there (I think that mine currently is taking up 100+ with all the armor pieces and frame as well as the fusion cores. And into that you also have to put all of your scrap that you need to build stuff. I hope they fix this as I'm already at the point I can't have any additional weapons except what I use and I'm not bothering to pick up most junk now for scrapping...just ammo and some things I know I need (adhesive is a key thing...always get this).

Base building is another thing if you are in a group. Short answer is you can't build bases in close proximity for some reason. We wanted to pool our base as we have in other survival games, but you have to build on another team players base if you want to build stuff close together. However, when that person logs their base goes with them, so anything you built goes with their base and isn't accessible until they come back.

Just going to end it here. The game has potential. If you ever wanted to simply wander the wasteland with a few of your pals or even just by yourself but with other humans in the world then this game will scratch that itch IMHO. If you are looking for a deep RPG in the wasteland with deep story and cool events with rich NPCs, this DEFINITELY isn't the game for you. There are basically no NPCs. You either have a few robots that won't kill you on sight, usually that start quests or maybe will sell stuff to you (at ridiculous expense and silly low ball prices for your own stuff selling to them) and that's it. Just about everything else will attack you on sight.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:01 PM

So it is basically a Fallout MMO right? It sounds an awful lot like one but doesn't seem to be getting marketed as one. If it isn't, how is it different from an MMO?
Old 11-19-2018, 03:04 PM

Only 24 people max per instance in a huge world.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:25 PM

I’ve been running solo (Octarine) since it released. I’m up to level 15 and for the most part I’m enjoying it. I love wandering and exploring and maybe circling around to the main quest every few days.

My only gripe is the level up and perk card system it’s just not intuitive and when you level up it’s easy to take cards that are not useful.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
So it is basically a Fallout MMO right? It sounds an awful lot like one but doesn't seem to be getting marketed as one. If it isn't, how is it different from an MMO?
The first M is missing, as there are only 25 per server. Basically, while I've seen other players, I have never seen more than a few. I usually see them more on the map. And the map is really big...it's got to be bigger than Fallout 3 or even Fallout 4, just based on my explorations so far. I've been mainly just running around to get fast travel spots and I haven't come close to exploring even a part of the map yet.

I'd say it's kind of like 7 days to die with a Fallout skin and less base building options, plus you have your own base that's only there while you are logged in instead of persistent. On the plus side there is a lot more detail and much more interesting to explore and loot, plus there are quests and events which 7 days doesn't have. But it's a multi-player survival game, essentially, set in the Fallout universe.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:03 PM
2012 SDMB NFL Salary Cap Champ
Charter Member

And Bethesda makes everyone download the game yet again, with a 47 gig patch.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:13 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterion View Post
And Bethesda makes everyone download the game yet again, with a 47 gig patch.
Ouch. I assume you mean the new patch today that fixes a host of bugs and issues? We have to download the whole things again??

Old 11-19-2018, 05:38 PM

My patch was "only" 17 Gigs on PC.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:29 PM
2012 SDMB NFL Salary Cap Champ
Charter Member

I don't have the game and saying you're actually downloading the whole game again may be overly flippant. The number I gave is what I saw in a report, which may have been biased towards PS4. But even 17 gigs is a massive patch.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:43 PM

This unflattering video is making the rounds

It looks to me like a bunch of modders tried to make Fallout 4 into a multiplayer game (like the Just Cause multiplayer mods for example) but they failed and it's a janky mess because it just wasn't made for it. I would've commended those modders on giving it a try and releasing it for free to be goofed around in, but as a $60 AAA game from a big publisher (with the obligatory microtransactions) it looks... insulting.

Last edited by SenorBeef; 11-19-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:54 AM

Now I understand how it is different from an MMO, thank you. BTW the video in the post above mine has already been taken down which suggests it was incriminating in some way.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:56 AM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

The new patch was 'only' 17gb on my end. Wasn't too bad, though a huge patch for, seemingly, just some bug fixes. I didn't get a chance to play last night, so no idea. I know they haven't addressed the lack of storage issue or some of the other things that, to me, say they pushed this game out before it was ready.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT View Post
The new patch was 'only' 17gb on my end. Wasn't too bad, though a huge patch for, seemingly, just some bug fixes. I didn't get a chance to play last night, so no idea. I know they haven't addressed the lack of storage issue or some of the other things that, to me, say they pushed this game out before it was ready.

Lack of storage and lack of caps at the vendors are the biggest problems I've seen. I haven't seen a vendor with more than 200 caps, and they take forever to reset that amount after you sell to them. And I think some of the vendors are linked, so they share caps. I found a new vendor last night, after deliberately walking along the train tracks just to find a new one, and he had zero caps.

You can't store all your crap, and you can't sell it either. So at some point collecting material is just a waste of time.

Last edited by Horatius; 11-20-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:42 AM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Lack of storage and lack of caps at the vendors are the biggest problems I've seen. I haven't seen a vendor with more than 200 caps, and they take forever to reset that amount after you sell to them. And I think some of the vendors are linked, so they share caps. I found a new vendor last night, after deliberately walking along the train tracks just to find a new one, and he had zero caps.

You can't store all your crap, and you can't sell it either. So at some point collecting material is just a waste of time.
Exactly. One thing that exacerbates all of this, IMHO is the way they do power armor in the game. You can't use the actual armor parts of the power armor (you can use the frame) until you are level 25. So, if you want to collect all the pieces in preparation of that before hand, you have to store it, as just weight (and the armor pieces weigh a ton) in your storage box...along with the frame. Why you can't use the power armor station with it's frame to put your suit in is a mystery. It's freaking stupid in fact. I've taken to scraping all the armor pieces in my inventory just to give me enough room to gather crafting stuff. But even then I'm rapidly running out of space, so I've stopped gathering most things (adhesive and aluminum are the only things I pick up right now...that and ammo).

Another thing I have a complaint about is ammo. Why can't we break down ammo types we don't use? Why can't we break down grenades and mines? Heck, why can't we SELL ammo, grenades and mines??? Though that gets into the ridiculous limits of the automated vendors in the game.

My WAG is that they haven't figured out how to do inventory in multiplayer. Instead of doing the smart thing, which is making your base instanced (so they you could have whatever you want inside as it wouldn't effect the game world, though you'd need a load screen to get in and out) it's part of the world...and they don't want to bog the world down with a lot of inventory stuff when there could be 25 other players on. And that probably goes for vendors too. To me, it seems like an easy fix for this would be just having the bases be instanced, since another player can't come in and loot your stash anyway, so no real point in not doing it this way. I'll take the load screen hit if they will just let us have more storage options than one big stash. Hell, I'm fine with all my stuff being in my instanced base and not having a stash in every Red Rocket or other places on the map. Oh, and would it really be so hard to allow us to put the power armor in the power suit frame just like we could in Fallout 4 and not make it part of our very limited inventory??? Also, why do I have to be level 25 to use power armor?

Old 11-20-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT View Post
Also, why do I have to be level 25 to use power armor?
You can use raider PA pieces at 15, but you need 25 for t-45 or the new stuff(don't want to spoiler). t-51 is 30 I think, t-60 is 40.

Yes I have most of my stash full of random pieces of armor I can't use yet.

I am starting to realize that it is best to just mark down where you find it, rather than gathering for the future.