Old 09-15-2018, 07:07 PM

Iron Fist Season 2

I just finished watching it last night and I have to say that it is much better than the first season, though of course that was not too difficult to do. It has some problems, particularly the ending which kind of feels unfinished, which I guess means they are hoping for a third season.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

//i\\
Old 09-16-2018, 12:19 PM

It is much better this season for sure, but I swear they should just get a wooden plank to replace Danny.

And I am seriously confused by some of the time lines... How quick did Davos train those kids.... Seemed like 2 days and they were full on ninjas. And Danny wore a "Rand compression sleeve" on his broken leg and that seemed to heal it up in... 2 days? I mean I can suspend some disbelief with the best of them, but seriously?
Old 09-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Charter Member

I am just over half-way and it is much improved, though I also liked season 1 of Iron Fist.

I'd rank the seasons of Marvel Netflix shows like this:

1. Jessica Jones Season 1
2. Daredevil Season 1

- gap of quality drop here

3. Jessica Jones Season 2
4. Iron Fist Season 1
5. Daredevil Season 2

- gap of quality drop here

6. The Punisher Season 1

- chasm of quality drop here

7. Luke Cage Season 1 <------- The only truly terrible Netflix Marvel show. Snoozefest.

The Defenders was good, but more like an "event". I skipped Luke Cage Season 2 as I hated the first season.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:46 PM
Charter Member

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time buying into the narrative that the sister is so pissed off about the daddy thing that she has been stewing about for over a year, and she's willing to ruin her brothers' life over it. (I'm on episode 4)
Old 09-16-2018, 05:37 PM

I have no interest at all in watching this season. Rand spent most of season one not able to properly use the Iron Fist and now in this one
SPOILER:
he loses it to Davos, then it goes to Colleen at the end.
When the hell do we actually get to see Iron Fist?
Old 09-17-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjoe View Post
It is much better this season for sure, but I swear they should just get a wooden plank to replace Danny.

And I am seriously confused by some of the time lines... How quick did Davos train those kids.... Seemed like 2 days and they were full on ninjas. And Danny wore a "Rand compression sleeve" on his broken leg and that seemed to heal it up in... 2 days? I mean I can suspend some disbelief with the best of them, but seriously?
I think a bunch of time passes without them mentioning it much. But Mary says to Walker in the video that she has been keeping her out for a long time.

I liked it, but I also quite liked the first one. I like that Danny is such a flawed hero in that he is reliably an impulsive idiot. Agree that the actor is terrible.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
When the hell do we actually get to see Iron Fist?
Actually you get to see it quite a bit and the fight scenes are much better than in Season 1 (they go the fight coordinator from Black Panther), so if you are looking for fists and fights, they are certainly there.

I still have some problems with how Danny Rand is portrayed though, with his appearance in Luke Cage Season 2 possibly being his best.

//i\\