Old 08-11-2019, 09:43 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
The Trump presidential "library" will be interesting, too, and not in a good way. I predict that there won't be one, because nobody will want it near them.

It'll be just one room, the bathroom. The clock on the wall will be set to Moscow Standard Time. There will be an American flag with the stripes colored like the Russian flag. There will be a lap desk with two pieces of blank A4 paper in an "executive order" award-type folder (what are those darn things called, anyway?). There won't be any toilet paper rolls there. Right next to the commode, there will be stacks of copies of the United States constitution, with some copies wadded up in a waste basket right next to the commode. Of course, there will be pictures of Trump at his most notorious benevolent moments: chucking paper towels, giving a thumbs up over a newly-orphaned baby. There might even be one of those "fisherman's rulers" labeled "dick measurer". I don't even want to know how the picture of his daughter will be labeled.

And, no doubt, there will be a long-form Kenyan birth certificate for Barack Hussein Obama II labeled "on loan from the Obama (Fake) Presidential Library".

Last edited by Monty; 08-11-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
It would be the most visited memorial in US history.

It would be a tribute to his EPA clean water initiative.

(Why did I have to read this after the very first time I've ever seen Aquaman? Thanks, HBO. Because there's that one scene in Italy... and I Swear that actor looked like Eric Trump... )
Old 08-11-2019, 10:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
However, I'd like to see Trump's memorial be....that his name is never mentioned again.
My second Stalin reference in this thread.

I'm sure most people are aware that when Stalin had some prominent official purged, there followed a process of going through official photos and erasing the person's image.

The erasures were often somewhat clumsy and I had always assumed this was just a sign that the technology of altering photos was still pretty primitive back then. But I recently heard a theory; that the censors intentionally made the erasures noticeable. They wanted people to know that it was happening. It was intended to send a message that people were being erased from the public record. The person's identity would be gone but people would still be able to see the evidence that somebody who had existed was now removed from history.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:03 AM

Quote:
The Trump presidential "library" will be interesting, too, and not in a good way. I predict that there won't be one, because nobody will want it near them.
My prediction:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
A while back, I mentioned my idea for the library. Cheap and simple, and demonstrates all the respect that should be shown to this former president's oeuvre. All of thump's tweets, documents, blahblahblah, will go on a flash drive that will be put in an empty Altoids tin, sealed with duck tape, and locked in the janitor's closet at Trump Tower.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:07 AM

There’s probably 200 or so people who wouldn’t want any info to appear, no matter how mundane nor damning. So if true, I think it’d be easy to say “Say you had diarrheal problems and had to leave your post for 5 hours for $20 million. “

But I sincerely doubt all of that. A sleaze who got caught and didn’t want to live in prison. For what I posted above, he’d have to be convinced it was for his best interest. So around it goes, but I doubt it’s a big conspiracy like the Dotard thinks.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
What could possibly be in it? The fucker doesn't read and probably can't read. His briefings have to be condensed to pictures and captions and he generally skips those in favor of watching Fox. I suppose you could have a Hall of Tweets but that would be about it.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Falwell Jr will take it for Liberty U, if no where else.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
What could possibly be in it? The fucker doesn't read and probably can't read. His briefings have to be condensed to pictures and captions and he generally skips those in favor of watching Fox. I suppose you could have a Hall of Tweets but that would be about it.
Of course he’s literate you fool, he’s the President of the United States!!! Here’s an article about a book he kept by his bed every night:
https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...his-bed-2015-8

Now apologize for everything bad you said about him.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
Falwell Jr will take it for Liberty U, if no where else.
I suspect you're right about Liberty taking the Trump library, but what if we look at it from a different angle. What if, instead of library memorializing a president, we look at it as a memorial of an atrocity like Auschwitz or Dachau - a "never again" reminder. We could fence in Mar-a-Lago and put a sign over the entrance gate saying "Make America Great Again." Visitors could see the actual rooms where Trump leaked information to the Chinese or the rooms favored by Russian or Saudi agents. There could be informational displays like Trump's phone which was hacked by 437 different nations and some of the actual pictograms given to Trump as national security briefings.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
It will have 10,000 copies of The Art of the Deal and bookshelves lined with binders full of all of his positive printouts from Fox, Breitbart, and InfoWars raving about how great Trump is. The gift store will sell flash drives containing all his Tweets and MAGA merchandise.

A treasure trove for future historians trying to understand the end of America's world leadership and its domestic decline.

Last edited by dasmoocher; 08-12-2019 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
What could possibly be in it?
Volumes and Volumes of redactions.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
Quote:

Of course he’s literate you fool, he’s the President of the United States!!!

Damn straight he's literate! He even writes notes to the Prime Minister of Canada. Granted, the note's on a page torn out of a magazine, like a kidnapper would send a ransom note, but hey, it's still writing.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Damn straight he's literate! He even writes notes to the Prime Minister of Canada. Granted, the note's on a page torn out of a magazine, like a kidnapper would send a ransom note, but hey, it's still writing.
Was Trump's scribbling in crayon? I mean, that would take the stable genius's 3-D diplomacy up to the next higher dimension.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
And some of you wonder why we feel sorry for you....

At least it's better than the note he wrote to Kim Jong-un:

Quote:
Quote:
hello Kim Jong. Mike P. says U like me. If you like me bak, check the box and send it bak

-- I like Trump

-- I don't like Truimp

P.S. will U go out with me?
Old 08-12-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I don't even want to know how the picture of his daughter will be labeled.
Ivanka, not Tiffany, right? Ivanka's photo will be on loan from the Epstein Collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlGauss View Post
Here is the President of the United States of America grinning and giving a thumbs-up to his fans while he holds the two-month-old orphaned son of two Americans whose murders his bile fomented.
Quote:
Wrong, because of people like that kid's uncle, who brought him to be photographed with the Great Man himself.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Maybe this could go in one of the other Trump Pit threads, but this needs its own.

Here is the President of the United States of America grinning and giving a thumbs-up to his fans while he holds the two-month-old orphaned son of two Americans whose murders his bile fomented.

There really is no bottom.
There is NO bottom. This shit will never stop with Trump. He is also reportedly (and quite literally) screaming at his aides and staff to find (or make up) proof that El Paso was ecstatic to have him there.
‘He screamed at his aides to begin producing proof in El Paso that people were happy to see him.’ https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/09/u...core-ios-share … via ⁦@nytimes⁩

Aides have long said that Mr. Trump is heavily reactive to news coverage, and when he does something that he believes he should have been praised for — such as Wednesday’s visits to the cities — he grows furious when he does not receive accolades

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/09/u...core-ios-share

All the while, he keeps at his racist ass bullshit about "invasions" knowing full well it encourages more maniacs to start shooting. He can't NOT know at this point. I think he intended that all along.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galen ubal View Post
Only at Trump's.
Damn right.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
When Trump's funeral does occur, I can guarantee it won't be like any other President's or like someone well-respected like John McCain's.

I imagine that only his family, some close associates, and the hardcore of his base would be there (maybe outside whatever televangelist church it's being held at, paying
their "respect"), and depending on how bad his presidency ends up, even a lot of them may be gone by them--he certainly hasn't been doing farmers any favors with his trade wars.

Foreign dignitaries? Well, maybe from Russia, N. Korea, Saudia Arabia, and a few other authoritarians states.
Callin' out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat?
Summer's here and the time is right
For dancin' in the streets

They're dancin' in Chicago
Down in New Orleans
Up in New York City

All we need is music (sweet music)
Sweet music (sweet music)
There'll be music everywhere (everywhere)
There'll be swingin' and swayin' and records playin'
And dancin' in the streets
Old 08-12-2019, 01:20 PM

My vision for the Trump Presidential Memorial is a single section of his border wall, placed in the remotest spot along the border, in the middle of the desert somewhere. Take the gaudy, golden letters that were pried off of the Trump Hotel in Panama, and emblazon his name with them across the top of the wall section, on the south-facing side.

Urinating on it would not be prosecuted, and, indeed, may become something of a pilgrimage in the coming years.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:32 PM

And we all know Trump has no sophisticated or critical reasoning skills, either:

23 bizarre conspiracy theories Trump has elevated

Quote:
1. The Clintons might be involved in Epstein’s death
2. The Clintons might have been involved in Vince Foster’s death
3. Barack Obama wasn’t born in the United States
4. Ted Cruz’s father may have been involved in the Kennedy assassination
5. Joe Scarborough involved in his intern’s death
6. The late Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia may have been murdered
7. The “Deep State” is trying to undermine or oust him
8. Vaccines can cause autism
9. The death toll from Hurricane Maria was inflated
10. Muslims are attempting to install sharia law in the United States
11. Thousands of Muslims celebrated in the streets in 9/11
12. Cruz wasn’t eligible to be president because he was born in Canada
13. Marco Rubio wasn’t eligible, either
14. 3 to 5 million illegal votes in the 2016 election — but none for Trump
15. Obama wiretapped Trump Tower
16. Global warming is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese
17. A man who charged the stage at his rally had Islamic State ties
18. The “white genocide” of South African farmers
19. It might not be his voice on the Access Hollywood tape
20. Gen. Pershing executed Muslim terrorists with blood-tipped bullets
21. Wind farms cause cancer
22. The danger of asbestos is a “con” pushed by the mafia
23. A Saudi prince co-owns Fox News
I admit I missed the ones about the birthplaces of Cruz and Rubio that make them ineligible to be president.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
I admit I missed the ones about the birthplaces of Cruz and Rubio that make them ineligible to be president.
Notice how it's Cruz and Rubio and Obama (and Ocasio-Cortez, Omar, Pressley, and Tlaib) that he thinks aren't really Americans. For all his obsession with John Brennan, James Clapper, Hillary Clinton, James Comey, Dean Heller, John McCain, Robert Mueller, and Nancy Pelosi, I've never heard him suggest they aren't Americans.

But I'm sure his supporters will tell us this has nothing to do with racism.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Charter Member

Trump's library will be in the cell next to his. Plenty of room there.
And with any luck they'll move Epstein's jailers to be in charge of him.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
All the while, he keeps at his racist ass bullshit about "invasions" knowing full well it encourages more maniacs to start shooting.

&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Notice how it's Cruz and Rubio and Obama (and Ocasio-Cortez, Omar, Pressley, and Tlaib) that he thinks aren't really Americans. For all his obsession with John Brennan, James Clapper, Hillary Clinton, James Comey, Dean Heller, John McCain, Robert Mueller, and Nancy Pelosi, I've never heard him suggest they aren't Americans.

But I'm sure his supporters will tell us this has nothing to do with racism.

Speaking of the cretin's racism:

Quote:
The president views the characterisation largely through the lens of politics, said one close adviser, explaining that Trump feels the charges of racism are just another attempt to discredit him - not unlike, he believes, the more than a dozen women who have accused him of sexual misconduct or the Russia investigation.

See, being called a racist gets his goat. Being a racist (as well as a molestor) doesn't bother him in the least bit.

Last edited by Monty; 08-12-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMalt View Post
My vision for the Trump Presidential Memorial is a single section of his border wall, placed in the remotest spot along the border, in the middle of the desert somewhere. Take the gaudy, golden letters that were pried off of the Trump Hotel in Panama, and emblazon his name with them across the top of the wall section, on the south-facing side.

Urinating on it would not be prosecuted, and, indeed, may become something of a pilgrimage in the coming years.
You'd need to rent out breathing apparatus to withstand the stench of piss.

The proceeds could go to defray the minimal costs of processing refugees who seek legal asylum at our borders. I suspect the program would run at a budget surplus.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:41 PM

The Turmp Library will never be completed. Its construction will be a never ending money laundering operation.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Of course he’s literate you fool, he’s the President of the United States!!! Here’s an article about a book he kept by his bed every night:
https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...his-bed-2015-8

Now apologize for everything bad you said about him.
From the article:

Quote:
After Trump and Brenner changed topics, Trump returned to the subject and reportedly said, "If, I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them."
You know what? When Trump says he wouldn't read something, I believe him.

Last edited by Little Nemo; 08-12-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
You know what? When Trump says he wouldn't read something, I believe him.
LOL, touché.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
The proceeds could go to defray the minimal costs of processing refugees who seek legal asylum at our borders. I suspect the program would run at a budget surplus.
Further funds could be generated by mass processing of the urea deposited in the soil at the base of the wall-section, for use as a nitrogen-release fertilizer.

Not the most pleasant of work, of course---but surely fitting.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Further funds could be generated by mass processing of the urea deposited in the soil at the base of the wall-section, for use as a nitrogen-release fertilizer.

Great point!

TMI Department: Nothing makes my rhubarb plants happier than when I give them a little squat before a gentle rain.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:49 PM

That was quite a lot of information.

(^_^)
Old 08-12-2019, 08:59 PM

Also a thread derailment. Carry on.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I hope his grave will be accessible to the public. Then I can leave a bouquet of stinkweed on it and rig up some kind of squirter hose so I can spray pee on it.
I'll be there, with a bottle of whisky and a full bladder.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Great point!

TMI Department: Nothing makes my rhubarb plants happier than when I give them a little squat before a gentle rain.
I knew there was a reason I never ate rhubarb pie.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garygnu View Post
The Turmp Library will never be completed. Its construction will be a never ending money laundering operation.
That's what I was thinking. I picture Trump raising tens of millions of dollars for his library, and promising it will be the best presidential library ever. Ten years later it still hasn't been built, but there are nine more golf holes at Mar-A-Lago.

Who is it who actually oversees the creation of a president's library? Trump doesn't have the attention span to get it done, and once he's out of office no one else needs to suck up to him that much.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Great point!

Peter, Paul and Mary, please let that be a pee squat.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post

Who is it who actually oversees the creation of a president's library? Trump doesn't have the attention span to get it done, and once he's out of office no one else needs to suck up to him that much.

National Archives and Records Administration is custodian of the documents and collections that are US property (meaning just about everything that crosses his desk on account of being POTUS including gifts above some value). The library facility itself does NOT have to be built/run by NARA, by it can be a public entity, an academic institution, a local agency, an NGO or a joint effort. If it is to be run by NARA than there is a provision for the Archivist to arrange for a privately funded endowment so the government is not on the hook for all the construction and maintenance.

The Obama Presidential Center will be the first one since Hoover which will NOT be operated by NARA but rather by the U of Chicago and the Obama Foundation. The National Archive will be providing digital access to the records but retain the physical custody of the presidential papers. (ISTM the Trumps would be the kind of people to try to weasel into having the government pay for all of it but themselves control and run it for a profit. )
Old 08-13-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
I'll be there, with a bottle of whisky and a full bladder.
We'll have to be discreet, especially if the party is still in power and defacing Dear Leader's tomb would result in grave consequences.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Why wouldn't he be grinning? Separating children from their parents is SOP for him.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Great point!

Quote:
Also a thread derailment. Carry on.
Holy fucking shit, a few minutes earlier and that would have derailed my lunch, too! Missed it by that much.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:56 PM

I understand the inclination to piss on Tan the Conman's grave, but hasn't it already been established that he enjoys getting pissed on? Have to come up with some other means of demeaning the scum.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I would be willing to shit in a Baggie, carry it reverentially to the gravesite, and tip it over the mound.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I knew there was a reason I never ate rhubarb pie.
Admittedly, I avoid having that conversation over rhubarb pie when folks exclaim over the robustness of my rhubarb stalks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
Peter, Paul and Mary, please let that be a pee squat.
Good heavens, I'm not a barbarian! Yes, a pee squat. And only now and again. Also works great for any citrus or avocado tree if one is lucky enough to have them. Sherrerd is right. We do waste an awful lot of perfectly good urea fertilizer in this country in the face of shortages around the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Holy fucking shit, a few minutes earlier and that would have derailed my lunch, too! Missed it by that much.
Rats. I do aim to please.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, a pee squat. And only now and again. Also works great for any citrus or avocado tree if one is lucky enough to have them.
And for pretty much any other growing thing that can use nitrogen, although it's better to dilute it with water in about a 10:1 ratio to avoid "fertilizer burn", especially for tender plants.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
Trump doesn't have the attention span to get it done, and once he's out of office no one else needs to suck up to him that much.
It would actually be the one thing he can keep his attention on: a shrine to himself. Unfortunately, there will always be a long line of sycophants and narcissistic wannabees prostrating themselves for him, even if they have to worship him with prison plexiglass between them.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Quote:

And someone could do a brisk business selling coffee and beer...
Old 08-13-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
We'll have to be discreet, especially if the party is still in power and defacing Dear Leader's tomb would result in grave consequences.
Oooooohhhhhhh! GRAVE consequences!
Old 08-13-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:

However, I'd like to see Trump's memorial be....that his name is never mentioned again.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pan%27s_Labyrinth
I would like his surname excised from the language, but I can't figure out a good term to replace how the word-his-name-is is used in card games.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

This shitty President makes me feel so cold. He's got so many people, but he's got no soul.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniracer View Post
I would like his surname excised from the language, but I can't figure out a good term to replace how the word-his-name-is is used in card games.
Possibly Mueller's slip of the tongue during his most recent testimony could become popular:

NORTH: One heart.
EAST: Pass.
SOUTH: Pass.
WEST: Two no trimp.

It could work!
Old 08-13-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
A bunch of pop-up picture books, which is his current reading level.