Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2019, 05:39 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

What will the UK do wrt Brexit?

I know there have been threads on this, but we seem to be coming down to the wire with no agreement in sight, so was wondering what 'dopers thoughts on this, especially our UK or EU 'dopers. I was watching the latest from John Oliver where he was discussing this, and one of the things he mentioned is that the UK government could, even at this late date, call the whole thing off. Is that actually a possibility? I don't mean politically, I mean just is it possible in their system? I'm guessing that, politically, this would be the equivalent of putting a gun to ones political head and pulling the trigger, but if one was willing to take one for the team, is this even viable...and who would have to be the one(s?) taking it for the team?

If it doesn't happen and they just go along until the automatic Brexit (next month?), what then? I understand there are some fundamental issues that are just hanging and that this would or could be the worst possible course...yet that seems to be what is happening. What are the other options?

That's what happens when you let rednecks play with anti-matter!