Old 09-26-2019, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

ALL-CAPS in original:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler-in-Chief
THE DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO DESTROY THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND ALL THAT IT STANDS FOR. STICK TOGETHER, PLAY THEIR GAME, AND FIGHT HARD REPUBLICANS. OUR COUNTRY IS AT STAKE!
Old 09-26-2019, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

And also (same notation):

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Moment Of Accidental Self-Awareness
THE GREATEST SCAM IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICAN POLITICS!
Ladies and Gentlemen, it looks like the shit has hit the pants....

Last edited by Steve MB; 09-26-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
... it looks like the shit has hit the pants....
A wonderful turn of phrase!
Old 09-26-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Moment Of Accidental Self-Awareness
THE GREATEST SCAM IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICAN POLITICS!
I've seen it suggested that Trump was trying out a potential title for his upcoming memoir.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:53 PM

Season 4 of THE GREATEST SCAM IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICAN POLITICS! is off to an excellent start, I have to say.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:42 AM

With all the other stuff that's going on, Trump takes a few minutes out of his day to get enraged about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former President Trump
To show you how dishonest the LameStream Media is, I used the word Liddle’, not Liddle, in discribing Corrupt Congressman Liddle’ Adam Schiff. Low ratings @CNN purposely took the hyphen out and said I spelled the word little wrong. A small but never ending situation with CNN!
1. Liddle, or if you prefer, liddle', isn't a word, you fuckling dumbass. Neither is 'discribing'.

2. The punctuation mark you appear to be 'discribing' is called an apostrophe, you fucking dumbass.

3. Other than perhaps being amused at the depths of your dumbassery (hey, I can make up words too), no one gives a rat's ass, you fucking dumbass.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:47 AM

I don’t like this “greatest scam” thing. It lets 2016 Trump voters off the hook way too easily. Nobody has been “scammed” here. There’s no mystery, no surprise. Almost half of American voters (not people, voters) knew what they were getting, they got it, and most of them are still happy with their choice. They like this. No scam anywhere in sight.

Frank Abnagale he ain’t.

Last edited by JKellyMap; 09-27-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
With all the other stuff that's going on, Trump takes a few minutes out of his day to get enraged about this:

1. Liddle, or if you prefer, liddle', isn't a word, you fuckling dumbass. Neither is 'discribing'.

2. The punctuation mark you appear to be 'discribing' is called an apostrophe, you fucking dumbass.

3. Other than perhaps being amused at the depths of your dumbassery (hey, I can make up words too), no one gives a rat's ass, you fucking dumbass.
I didn't think it was still in my power to say this about him, but... that cannot be a real quote, can it?
Old 09-27-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
I didn't think it was still in my power to say this about him, but... that cannot be a real quote, can it?
I'm pretty sure it's real.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:40 AM

Yep, I just cut and pasted it off of the actual Twitter stream (or whatever it's called).

I wouldn't have believed it myself had I not done that.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Oh, it's real.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:

He is doing a great job of proving he's the stupidest fuck in the land. Yet another accomplishment to put on his application for the NoBell prize.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:09 AM

Dan Quayle couldn't be president because he couldn't spell "potato".
Old 09-27-2019, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
He is doing a great job of proving he's the stupidest fuck in the land.
Little-known fact: The magic mirror from the story of "Snow White" shattered when someone asked it to show "the dumbest one of all" just after Dolt45 stepped out of the shower and settled naked onto the throne for his morning constitutional tweeting session.

Last edited by Steve MB; 09-27-2019 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:35 AM
Charter Member

Obviously, it was suicide, something I'd consider if I saw Donny Two-scoops nude.

That, or I'd die laughing.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:37 AM

Would it help you laugh if you discovered that the drapes and carpet matched?
Old 09-27-2019, 09:41 AM
Charter Member

Butt-Hurt Trump Takes to Twitter Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
Dan Quayle couldn't be president because he couldn't spell "potato".

Well, not just that. But in hindsight we may owe him an apologie for that particular incident.

Last edited by JRDelirious; 09-27-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:55 AM

Explain to me how you can ever post another tweet after the responses correcting his stupidity about punctuation and spelling. Even with his profound narcissism disorder, he'd have to be absolutely mortified to ever type anything on his phone without a review by a professional editor.

He can't possibly block everyone's negative comments so he must surely be seeing the responses and be profoundly embarrassed.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Explain to me how you can ever post another tweet after the responses correcting his stupidity about punctuation and spelling. Even with his profound narcissism disorder, he'd have to be absolutely mortified to ever type anything on his phone without a review by a professional editor.

He can't possibly block everyone's negative comments so he must surely be seeing the responses and be profoundly embarrassed.
Nah, he'll just go on TV with a diagram proving he was right all along.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Obviously, it was suicide, something I'd consider if I saw Donny Two-scoops nude.

That, or I'd die laughing.
Do we still need "I swear I am not making this up" disclaimers on anything anymore...?

Quote:
Devin Nunes Claims Democrats Are Trying Get Naked Pictures of Trump

...Nunes went on a whole conspiracy theory rant where the topper was, "Democrats on this very committee colluded to get what they thought was nude pictures of Trump."...
Old 09-27-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:

In Trump's mind, everything he does is ineffable and correct. He'd think editors would ruin his message. He probably also believes all the negative replies are manufactured by The Deep State and aren't real.

You've got to remember, Trump doesn't consider the consequences of any of his actions. Regret and conciliation is a sign of weakness. Any mistakes he made never happened. Sometimes the crying baby wins.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:07 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

What does he have to be embarrassed about? He's right. Everyone else in the entire English speaking world is wrong.

End of story.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:

He loves it. He loves being in the middle of a fight. He simply defines everyone else as WRONG. How are they wrong? They are wrong for criticizing and attacking him. He is incapable of being embarrassed, because in his mind (using the term loosely) no one else's opinion matters except his. If you find fault, YOU are the one who is wrong.

This is hard to wrap your brain around (if you're a normal person), but we know he doesn't care about or believe in rules, conventions, protocols, laws. He has demonstrated that over and over at every level from the trivial (spelling, punctuation) to the criminal (hinting that someone be killed-- hints that BTW would have the FBI down hard on any other citizen).

That's first: laws/rules don't exist for him. Therefore, the more people criticize him for ignoring or breaking rules/laws the more wrong THEY are. When people are attacking him, he is puffed-up and full of himself and therefore as happy as he is capable of being. (It's probably the only thing that stirs his teeny gonads.)

The more attacked he is, the better he likes it, because it proves how important he is. Seeing his name in every headline on the front page of the New York Times or the Amazon Washington Post is probably the only thing that makes life worth living for him.

In a way, it's IMHO like the mass murderers who shoot up a place and then glory in the headlines screaming how shocked and upset people are at the wanton, careless destruction of life and property. It proves how important they are.

Ninja'd by Maus Magill (and others), who said it more succinctly than I did.

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 09-27-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:32 AM

I think President Dumpster Fire is now quoting himself:

“IT WAS A PERFECT CONVERSATION WITH UKRAINE PRESIDENT!”
Old 09-27-2019, 10:34 AM

Wait: what does he think Liddle' means that he's trying show how he was right and clever all along by using it?

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-27-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Wait: what does he think Liddle' means that he's trying show how he was right and clever all along by using it?
I probably shouldn't even try to do this, but I think, in his mind, liddle is a more insulting version of little. So, winning!
Old 09-27-2019, 10:43 AM

Yes, and there's an apostrophe (or whatever Trump called it) at the end to show that it's a cute abbreviation. Even though it has the same number of letters as the actual word. See, very stable genius right there!
Old 09-27-2019, 10:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
He loves it...
Yeah, I'm going to share this.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:46 AM

Charlie Pierce, whose writing I enjoy immensely, has called this tweet the dumbest thing ever transmitted from the White House.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:50 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

He may have meant to type “Lil,’” as in Lil’ Abner.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Sorry, it's Lil- Abner.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:41 AM

an apostrophe is just a hyphen with an erection
Old 09-27-2019, 11:58 AM

It’s like Alice falling down the rabbit hole.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I will accept this as a possibility while noting that it actually makes his tweet look even dumber than before.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
No, it is actually the controversial "Mar-a-Lago Hyphen", which is appended to signal that a diminutive used to own the libs is intentionally nonstandard.

Example: President Zolensky, could you dig up dirt on Widdle’ Joe Biden for me?

In spoken English it is signified by a sniff.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:01 PM

A boat beneath a a sunny sky...
Old 09-27-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Sorry, it's Lil- Abner.
It's actually Li-l Abner.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotalus View Post
It's actually Li-l Abner.
Everyone should click and enlarge that li’l strip cartoon on the right side of “Early Life.” It’s one of the funniest things Al Capp ever did.

Last edited by Ukulele Ike; 09-27-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKellyMap View Post
It’s like Alice falling down the rabbit hole.
The rabbit hole goes deeper than sane people suspect -- apparently "Liddle" is some kind of codeword for Q-Anon "pedophile conspiracy" crackpottery.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
The rabbit hole goes deeper than sane people suspect -- apparently "Liddle" is some kind of codeword for Q-Anon "pedophile conspiracy" crackpottery.
If it wasn't before - it sure in the fuck is now.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simster View Post
In between being a vampire hunter.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Heh. Not surprised.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Charlie Pierce, whose writing I enjoy immensely, has called this tweet the dumbest thing ever transmitted from the White House.
From the article:

Quote:
But there's something else to consider in all of this. The president, you see, is insanely fucking stupid. Part of what Trumpographer Tim O'Brien called his "radical solipsism" is an almost militant incuriosity. Anything worth knowing about the world, Donald Trump believes he already knows. If he doesn't know it, it's not worth knowing. Besides, if there are inconvenient features of observable reality, they can be bent or twisted or simply denied, relentlessly, until they cease to exist. Other things can be invented and made real through sheer force of repetition. But one thing you don't need to do is sit down and learn new things, or listen when people talk about boring stuff.
[my bold]

Yeah, Trump knows more about [insert any topic here] than anybody.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
And our friends at Merriam-Webster just twisted the knife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriam-Webster twitter
For those looking up punctuation early on a Friday morning:

A hyphen is a mark - used to divide or to compound words.
An apostrophe is a mark ' used to indicate the omission of letters or figures.

Last edited by Buck Godot; 09-27-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:52 PM

That's just friggin' fantastic!
Old 09-27-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
And our friends at Merriam-Webster just twisted the knife.
Their Twitter account is always fire.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former President Trump
To show you how dishonest the LameStream Media is, I used the word Liddle’, not Liddle, in discribing Corrupt Congressman Liddle’ Adam Schiff. Low ratings @CNN purposely took the hyphen out and said I spelled the word little wrong. A small but never ending situation with CNN!

I feel like we’re living in the final scene of the Bradbury story A Sound of Thunder.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I've seen this tweet of his float past me all day and I could not make hide nor hair of it. I remarked on Twitter something along the lines of, "does he think plopping an apostrophe at the end of 'liddle' makes it a real word?" I just didn't get what he was even trying to say. This ... this is the only explanation that makes sense and that will chase this whatthefuckery out of my mind.

Also it makes the whole shit-show that much more hilarious as well, so that's a bonus.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

Reading that tweet feels like falling through an endless series of trapdoors made of stupidity. It almost takes my breath away.

I really thought I had a pretty good handle on how catastrophically ignorant our president is, but like him, I know nothing.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:37 PM

And all this time I've been trying to figure out who Congressman Liddle was, and why adding a "hyphen" to his name would mean anything.