Old 10-14-2019, 07:08 AM

Arrow - The Final Season

Arrow begins its eighth and final season on Tuesday, October 15 at 9 pm ET after The Flash. This season will consist of only 10 episodes, including the crossover episode. In addition, one episode will serve as a sort of backdoor pilot for a Canaries spinoff show with Katherine McNamara (Mia Smoak), Katie Cassidy Rodgers (Black Siren), and Juliana Harkavy (Black Canary).

Cast changes: Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak) will no longer be a part of the show. Joseph David-Jones (Connor Hawke), Katherine McNamara (Mia Smoak) and Ben Lewis (William Clayton) have been promoted to main cast. Charlie Barnett will join the cast as adult John Diggle, Jr.

S08E01: Starling City

SEASON PREMIERE - While trying to decipher The Monitor's (guest star LaMonica Garrett) mission, Oliver returns to Starling City where he encounters familiar faces. Meanwhile, Mia and William's team clash with a new foe.

Comic-Con 2019 sizzle: https://youtu.be/reAuYvej_7M
Sacrifice extended trailer: https://youtu.be/mb9YqIqkcN4
Old 10-16-2019, 03:29 AM

Now that was a proper glimpse into what the Crisis will be like - the destruction of, not just any Earth, but an Earth with which we're all familiar. Good-bye Harry Wells and Jesse Quick. Good-bye Detective Iris West-Allen and nebbish Barry Allen. It wasn't a particularly pleasant alternate Earth (cf. Deathstorm and OG-Killer Frost) but it was the first alternate Earth we knew. Good-bye Earth-2.

I liked how we were just thrown into a familiar, yet different, milieu without much by way of preparation. It's Batman's, rather than Deathstroke's, mask on a stick on Lian Yu. Moira is with Malcolm rather than Walter. Thea is dead, overdosed on vertigo. Tommy is the Dark Archer. There's a Hood, but it's Adrian Chase, and he's working with Black Canary, and he's calling her "pretty bird". Our sense of disorientation at seeing the changes must mirror Oliver's own.

Is this how it's going to be? The Monitor sends Oliver to some alternate Earth, to retrieve an item unique to that universe, just before everything gets destroyed. Oliver's like Pariah, except we know Tom Cavanaugh is going to play Pariah.

John Diggle is now a traveler of the multiverse. He better come out of the Crisis wearing a green costume and a ring.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:59 AM

Just like last season, the future stuff is awful and no one cares. The rest of the episode, though, was one of the best in a long time.

Sent from my hand-held telephonic communication device using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2019, 11:44 PM
Charter Member

I like how they're setting the stakes high early. But all of these CW hero shows just have people doing stupid things. Queen and Diggle have a portal...how about evacuating as many people as possible thru it instead of just standing around with his thumb up his ass taking his own sweet time to evacuate. Is it that hard to write semi-intelligent characters who make semi-intelligent decisions? Must be, because every CW-DC show relies on dumb decision making far, far too often.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:16 AM

S08E02: Welcome to Hong Kong

THE RETURN OF TATSU - Oliver, John, Laurel, and Tatsu (guest star Rila Fukushima) seek out an important person within The Monitor's (guest star LaMonica Garrett) plan. Connor has a heart to heart with his brother (guest star Charlie Barnett).

Welcome to Hong Kong promo: https://youtu.be/Kfj3xucI8Xk

Earth-2 has been utterly destroyed, so I'd say the Crisis is now upon us. I've created a separate thread where we can discuss Crisis-related topics, especially as pertains to the other Arrowverse shows: Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:41 AM

Holy shit! Lyla really is Harbinger. I thought we'd be getting a another doppelganger, but it seems Diggle's wife been working for the Monitor all along.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:39 AM

S08E03: Leap of Faith

WILLA HOLLAND GUEST STARS - Reunited with his sister, Oliver and Thea find themselves searching through a familiar maze of catacombs. Meanwhile, John and Lyla partner on a special ops mission.

Leap of Faith promo: https://youtu.be/1Bb-CR_VufQ
Old 10-30-2019, 03:58 AM

Hey, Diggle, that's Harbinger you're dancing with. I think she can handle herself and doesn't need any protection. Also, you both should spend more time with your son rather than galivanting off to eastern Europe. Maybe he won't become a murderous crime boss in the future.

Great to see Thea again. Are we going to see her and her "League of Heroes" at the final fight?

Good God what cliffhanger. That was even more unexpected than the destruction of Earth-2. Does that mean the flash forwards are done?
Old 11-05-2019, 07:15 AM

S08E04: Present Tense

ECHO KELLUM GUEST STARS - When a mysterious new Deathstroke appears in Star City, Oliver and Team Arrow insist on taking down this villain themselves. Meanwhile reeling from the loss of one of their own, the future Team Arrow figures out a new way to try and stop JJ.

Present Tense promo: https://youtu.be/HmOLuXD7sbs
Old 11-06-2019, 03:25 AM

And so the flash forwards suddenly and immediately become relevant. Not just the ones from this season, but all of them from last season as well. Did they actually change anything? How will they get back? Since we know there's going to (probably) be a Canaries spinoff - and we saw the seeds of it already planted here - it looks like the future folks are going to be stuck in the past for a while. Too bad they don't know anyone with a time machine or can just run really fast to the future - oh wait.

Some great interactions between Oliver and his kids, between Conner and Diggle, between Diggle and Rene. Way to tug on our heartstrings, showing us present kid Zoe when we just saw the death of future adult Zoe.

Good solid episode. I actually thought we'd get something mostly self-contained with a (relatively) happy and hopeful ending. Then the Monitor has to come and frack it all up. Or maybe that's the Anti-Monitor?
Old 11-06-2019, 06:37 AM

I haven't seen season 7, and Past Tense is the first episode I've seen of this season, but on Youtube I saw a clip collection of Mia where she pretty much follows the same relationship arc with Felicity: decrying her putting the mission ahead of family (meaning her), and eventually coming around. So I sort of rolled my eyes at her doing this again with Oliver.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

Speaking of Felicity, EBR will return for the finale (spoilers?)
https://winteriscoming.net/2019/11/0...series-finale/

Brian
Old 11-06-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown01 View Post
I haven't seen season 7, and Past Tense is the first episode I've seen of this season, but on Youtube I saw a clip collection of Mia where she pretty much follows the same relationship arc with Felicity: decrying her putting the mission ahead of family (meaning her), and eventually coming around. So I sort of rolled my eyes at her doing this again with Oliver.
As several characters remarked in this episode, she's pretty much a female version of Oliver. Now he gets to experience what everyone else has in the past.