Old Today, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora maire View Post
It pisses me off that the Obamas couldn't attend the wedding of their friend because Trump would probably throw a tantrum and cause an international incident. That should never be a consideration in people's private lives and is just one more reason why Trump is the world's biggest asshole.
Really, do you think the Obamas were unhappy about not going? I look at it and see an activity that will probably eat up three days of my time due to travel so I can sit in a church for a couple of hours, and then have (I'm guessing, I haven't actually heard anything about the reception) a meal crowded into a room with hundreds of people, most of whom you don't know and will no reason to ever interact again. And you'll spend, what, a minute at most actually speaking with the principals?

Plus, in his case, it involves dragging along secret service agents and all the other foofarah of security.

Yeah, yeah, pageantry and hats and all that. The thing is, I'll bet after eight years of state occasions the Obama's have sated their taste for all that long ago.... and if not, they can watch all they want of it on tv from a comfortable couch and toast the couple with a glass of champagne.

Last edited by StarvingButStrong; Today at 08:39 AM.
Old Today, 09:32 AM

Aw, heck, the gals love that shit! So what, let 'em, nobody getting hurt, just flash and fashion and romantic bullpucky. Don't want to watch, go mow the lawn! That hat is stupid? And a football helmet isn't?
Old Today, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingButStrong View Post
Really, do you think the Obamas were unhappy about not going? I look at it and see an activity that will probably eat up three days of my time due to travel so I can sit in a church for a couple of hours, and then have (I'm guessing, I haven't actually heard anything about the reception) a meal crowded into a room with hundreds of people, most of whom you don't know and will no reason to ever interact again. And you'll spend, what, a minute at most actually speaking with the principals?

Plus, in his case, it involves dragging along secret service agents and all the other foofarah of security.

Yeah, yeah, pageantry and hats and all that. The thing is, I'll bet after eight years of state occasions the Obama's have sated their taste for all that long ago.... and if not, they can watch all they want of it on tv from a comfortable couch and toast the couple with a glass of champagne.
Well, in that case, why does anyone ever go to a high profile wedding? But that's not the point. It's that the very idea had to be rejected because Trump is an asshole.