Old 01-19-2018, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Wait, what?

She would rather throw stuff away than donate to needy people?
Regrettably this is a mind set one encounters form time to time. Why are you surprised? It's just another facet of the "poor are lazy and undeserving".
Old 01-19-2018, 09:37 AM

But to throw it away instead? That just borders on malice. Not something I've encountered. Usually it's just indifference.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:28 AM

I have, unfortunately. IME it's exclusively said only by racists or other assorted flavors of bigots, as a logical extension of that mindset. Brown skin = lazy, stupid, and poor = undeserving of basic rights = really undeserving of comfortable chairs or soft sheets on their bed. Hell, they don't deserve a bed anyway, ammirite?

My mini rant is that I caught the crud, and am miserable with a hacking cough and sinuses that alternate between plugged as tightly as a champagne cork or leaking DOWN MY FUCKING FACE plus the crappy "high" of chugging dextrometh (cough suppressant) while sleep deprived. Went out for just dog & cat food last night, returned over an hour later with $50 of assorted human-food snacks and groceries, some of which I only vaguely remember putting into my cart in the 1st place.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
But to throw it away instead? That just borders on malice. Not something I've encountered. Usually it's just indifference.
So tell her "Oh, don't worry, Goodwill will make sure those needy people PAY for your stuff. That'll stick it to those Have Nots!"
Old 01-19-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
Regrettably this is a mind set one encounters form time to time. Why are you surprised? It's just another facet of the "poor are lazy and undeserving".
And regrettably it's an attitude that's been on my radar for many, many years, owing to friends' parents as well as a smattering of my own relatives.

I want to say it's more generational and/or cultural than anything else: When you live in an ethnic enclave with little to no personal experience of anyone who's *different* than you, you tend to harbor such a mindset without realizing what it's saying about you.

The other mindset is purely economic: If you paid a lot of money for something and you kept it in pristine condition, you're more apt to hang onto it for dear life because that *something* equals dollar that YOU earned. Or, in the case of my MIL, what my late FIL earned. I won't quibble -- again, generational. My own mother had a touch of this mindset too.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:50 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz View Post
The other mindset is purely economic: If you paid a lot of money for something and you kept it in pristine condition, you're more apt to hang onto it for dear life because that *something* equals dollar that YOU earned. Or, in the case of my MIL, what my late FIL earned. I won't quibble -- again, generational. My own mother had a touch of this mindset too.
Were I to encounter this behavior, I would give them the benefit of the doubt, and accept that explanation.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
...because that *something* equals dollar that YOU earned. Or, in the case of my MIL, what my late FIL earned.
That brings up an interesting point. My mom's in her 90s, and is a Rabid Rightie ("That Reagan was a pinko, we need another Goldwater"). She scowls whenever she notices I'm wearing something new, and I tell her it came from St. Vinnie's or Goodwill.

BUT, she's never worked a day in her life! Granted, she raised two kids and ironed her husband's shirts so he'd look good at the bank, but you'd think someone who relied on 'welfare' all her life would be less judgemental ...

... of people, and birds. She says she hates coming to our house because we have bird feeders: "This is a welfare state here! These birds should be dying unless they go find food! (in Wisconsin, subzero temps and snowdrifts) Hey, birds, you don't work, you don't eat!"

I'm dying to ask "Like you didn't work, so you shouldn't eat?" But I've bitten my tongue so far.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:46 PM

Yea, Digs, I wouldn't do that. It might not go too well. And guess what? She worked her brains out, I am willing to bet. Being a home-maker, Mother, and wife, is a hard job. You get no respect and the pay is for crap. A thankless job for sure. You know the saying 'If Momma ain't happy, then no ones happy'. Don't poke the tiger, she might bite!!
Old 01-20-2018, 02:11 AM
Mere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Yea, Digs, I wouldn't do that. It might not go too well. And guess what? She worked her brains out, I am willing to bet. Being a home-maker, Mother, and wife, is a hard job. You get no respect and the pay is for crap. A thankless job for sure. You know the saying 'If Momma ain't happy, then no ones happy'. Don't poke the tiger, she might bite!!
Yeah, I hate the bullshit about women that raise children don't work.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Were I to encounter this behavior, I would give them the benefit of the doubt, and accept that explanation.
Basically. Once she has made her mind up about something, good luck changing it. My mother was the same way, and I learned early on not to even attempt it.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
That brings up an interesting point. My mom's in her 90s, and is a Rabid Rightie ("That Reagan was a pinko, we need another Goldwater"). She scowls whenever she notices I'm wearing something new, and I tell her it came from St. Vinnie's or Goodwill.

BUT, she's never worked a day in her life! Granted, she raised two kids and ironed her husband's shirts so he'd look good at the bank, but you'd think someone who relied on 'welfare' all her life would be less judgemental ...

... of people, and birds. She says she hates coming to our house because we have bird feeders: "This is a welfare state here! These birds should be dying unless they go find food! (in Wisconsin, subzero temps and snowdrifts) Hey, birds, you don't work, you don't eat!"

I'm dying to ask "Like you didn't work, so you shouldn't eat?" But I've bitten my tongue so far.
I think she only worked a couple of years after high school, met my FIL, and married soon after. Her entire life has always her house and children. My FIL traveled a lot with his job so she was often on her own with 6 kids and, for a time, her FIL who had probable Alzheimer's. Back when my mother was alive we'd attend family gatherings with her. My FIL was the only one, outside of my husband and I, who paid her any attention. My MIL figuratively ran the other way "because I can't go through all that again". I get that. I say the same thing myself because caring for someone with dementia is one of the most difficult acts of love anyone can do.

She also has the mindset that if you didn't stay home and raise your children you are *less* than a woman. She's always looked down at me because, being the offspring of a working-class couple, I've always worked as did my parents until they couldn't. We were lucky if we could have meals together. God heaven forbid her daughters would be like that, the horror!

ANYWAY, like I said, generational.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
ANYWAY, like I said, generational.
And which attitudes of ours will our grandchildren be rolling their eyes about?

"Oh, man, did you know ol' grampy owned his own car? His whole life, he 'drove' to the grocery store by burning gasoline inside an engine. He's still skittish about beaming with us to WegmansCity. And don't even ask him along on a vacation in the Disney Holo-deck..."
Old 01-21-2018, 04:50 AM

My beloved Nikki - who my late husband & I have had since she was a lil baby, and who has been a patient and loving impromptu therapy animal in the aftermath of his illness & death - is starting to look like an old(er) cat.

You know how old cats have kinda moth-eaten looking fur, no matter how well you feed/brush them or how good their overall health might still be? She's starting to show traces of that texture, and she's less active & sleeps more than she used to. I've been chalking some of that up to the extended cold weather - stiffer joints, less time on windowsills & more time in the electric heating pad - but even My IT Guy has started referring to her as "The Old Lady Cat" so I can't stay in denial anymore.

I did not approve this.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
My beloved Nikki - who my late husband & I have had since she was a lil baby, and who has been a patient and loving impromptu therapy animal in the aftermath of his illness & death - is starting to look like an old(er) cat.

You know how old cats have kinda moth-eaten looking fur, no matter how well you feed/brush them or how good their overall health might still be? She's starting to show traces of that texture, and she's less active & sleeps more than she used to. I've been chalking some of that up to the extended cold weather - stiffer joints, less time on windowsills & more time in the electric heating pad - but even My IT Guy has started referring to her as "The Old Lady Cat" so I can't stay in denial anymore.

I did not approve this.
Poor kitty

My Max Dog is starting to go through similar. He's blowing coat right now, and the fur isn't as dense as it usually is. He's been sleeping a lot, too.

I don't like it either when our furry family members are feeling their age
Old 01-21-2018, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

My alchololic sister called me weeping yesterday, I didnt understand her through the crying. The only thing I got was sheís fighting for her life because she hadnít had her thyroid meds for five days. Ianad, but Iíve been on thyroid meds for forty years. Told her five days wonít kill you, itís a long term thing. Then she continued to weep and said I was being a horseís assI said if youíre going to call me names Iím hanging up , and did. She called back, left a message that when I calm down and was logical to call her back. today email everything is great. WTF
Old 01-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenerms View Post
she hadnít had her thyroid meds for five days. Ianad, but Iíve been on thyroid meds for forty years.
How long does it take you to see snakes?

A pharmacist gave Mama Plant the wrong pills instead of thyroid and she began seeing snakes under the furniture the next day, I believe. I took them back and got the right ones. That guy sure was glad to get them back!
Old 01-21-2018, 01:16 PM

Maybe she saw snakes from the wrong meds, not the lack of her thyroid meds. Just saying.
No rants so far, this lovely winter day.
The Siamese are happily sleeping on their clothes dryer beds. The dogs are calm. No one is sick. Jeez, when's the other shoe gonna drop?
Old 01-21-2018, 01:30 PM

Part of it's the weather for sure. We got a weird sudden warm snap - a very humid 70 F today, which is just bizarre after weeks in the 30s - and she's quite perky and active, and pushing my hands as I type.

Good girl. Stay that way!
Old 01-21-2018, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Maybe she saw snakes from the wrong meds, not the lack of her thyroid meds. Just saying.
Hallucinating snakes is a symptom of an underactive thyroid.

Last edited by carnivorousplant; 01-21-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:50 PM

Oh, okay. I thought hallucinations could be any weird thing. My bad.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Hallucinating snakes is a symptom of an underactive thyroid.
I had an underactive thyroid my entire childhood... never saw any snakes.

Which was a problem when I'd go to the zoo...
"Hey, digs, look! It's feeding time in the herpetarium!"
"Ummm, it's empty, isn't it?"
"Geez, quit taking your thyroid meds, we want you to see snakes!"
Old 01-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post

Which was a problem when I'd go to the zoo...
"Hey, digs, look! It's feeding time in the herpetarium!"
"Ummm, it's empty, isn't it?"
"Geez, quit taking your thyroid meds, we want you to see snakes!"
Old 01-22-2018, 01:17 PM

Wait, so Voldemort wasn't evil, he just had hypothyroidism?
Old 01-22-2018, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotherYinzer View Post
Wait, so Voldemort wasn't evil, he just had hypothyroidism?
You're partially correct, Harry had hypothyroidism.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

Two of my fastest, strongest office computers. I7 processors, SSD boot Drives, fast Ethernet connections....... Each just passed hour 2 of their Windows 10 update process. The download took 30 minutes before the process started. Thanks for that Bullshit Microsoft.
One PC has rebooted 4 times and just now decided to revert back to a previous version of Win10.

Brainless troglodyte bastards don't bother to test their updates or warn us when the update will be lengthy.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:35 PM

My laptop's battery exploded? It is an old laptop late 2007. I replaced the battery in 2012. I rarely used it since I prefer the desktop. No mess just the huge lump at the battery door. Maybe it was lonely and trying to get my attention.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:28 PM

My daughter decided she doesn't want to pay for cable anymore, tried giving me a long list of reasons why we don't need it.
Yeah, it's because she agreed to pay for her boyfriend's internet. She's already pawned off the trash bill on me. At this point, she only is paying for the water bill and her own groceries while I'm still covering her medical/dental insurance.
She came to this decision while I was feeling miserable, my car was in the shop, we're having hella snow and wind, my elderly mother was insistent on driving in the weather to come get me, and I had a client complaining in my ear.
When I said now was not the best time to discuss this, she got snippy with me.
It's going to be a fun night.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:13 PM
Charter Member

Apparently, I have Things much better than I thought.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:40 PM

Me too.
Even though I got the very huge dorm bill for Lil'wrekkers stay at University. The bill is due immediately, Her 2nd scholarship money probably won't come til March. Why can't they coordinate these things. They were sending past due notices in the mail, and internet in the fall, I finally had to pull the trigger and pay it before that money finally came in late Oct. Stupid University!!

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 01-22-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:57 PM

Our old, blind cat just got up from a nap and he's stiff and slightly confused about what he's doing, cause he just woke up. I like to walk around so he follows the sound of my steps and loosens up while waking up. When I get close to the water fountain, he usually breaks off from following me so he can hunt the wild water fountain. He's a very skillful water hunter, he digs it up with his front feet and then sings the song of his people so all can hear his victory song. (done this all of his life) This gives me time to get him a little snacky ready and stand by his eating spot. After he is done eating, he's going to want some cuddling and lap time. He's nothing but skinny bones covered by thin, moth eaten fur.

An outsider would look at him and think that I am being cruel and abusive to Lucky because he looks so bad. Lucky is happy. He isn't in pain and he still eats and drinks (very loudly) and purrs and uses the litter box. He hasn't said that he's ready to go and he hasn't acted like he wants to go.

Old animals are incredible and can teach us so many things about acceptance. His name is Lucky, but I'm the lucky one to have shared his life for 16 years.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:24 PM
Charter Member

You know flatlined, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here on SDMB who loves the Tales Of Lucky. I'm so glad that he's still doing all those cat things, and that you are giving him his cuddles. Give him some extra for us Doper fans of his.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:12 AM

Nah you're not alone. You have a way with words, flatlined, and I always like your little vignettes about Lucky and Buttercup and your house feral & his kitten, and all the rest of them.

They'd make a fun collection if you ever felt like publishing them.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:25 AM

I was thinking about flatlined vignettes this morning while I was getting my old Max Dog ready for his surgery, which is probably going on right now. We were told the anesthesia is going to throw him for an utter loop, so I'm going to be carefully toddling after him for the next few days.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post

I did not approve this.
My former feral is getting like this He's only nine years old at the most (eight by the estimate of the vet when I first got him, seven by mine). It will be the hard life he had in his youth catching up with him.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:24 PM
Charter Member

Very stressful work week trying to clean up a certain mess as soon as possible. Slogged... SLOGGED through a tedious spreadsheet that is a grant attachment required for deadline. Just have to finish by the end of the day, so tired, just have to finish, at least then I can say I got something done... Yes, finished at closing time! I'll just save, and...

Save the wrong file over the correct one, and lose all my work.

I very nearly burst into tears.

The final fucking straw. I'm emotionally overloaded, sleep deprived, trying to renew the damned home study, and I keep having these emotional dreams about finding my kid. Hormone problems are back. Oh, and my novel is failing. I've been stuck in the same chapter for months. I can actually feel my emotions shutting down and it's awesome. I hope it happens more often.

Last edited by Spice Weasel; 01-23-2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:12 PM

My cat Fluffy Samantha has learned how to open doors. Specifically the door to my roommate's Art Room where cats are not allowed unless accompanied by an adult. Fluffy Sam has taught this new trick to Tiny Tabby so now both of them will sneak in there when they think no one's looking.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:15 PM

Offers Spice Weasel a kitty to cuddle for a while. It really does help my stress levels.

Thanks all for the kind words. I hope that Max Dog's surgery went well and that he is recovering well.

Its possible that I might have made Lucky sound like a nice cat, without reminding folks that even though he's old and fragile and blind, he's still a cat and cats by definition are jerks.

We have 2 dogs, one of whom just LURVES Lucky and one who still is afraid of cats (at least she's not fear peeing like she did when she first arrived. Thank you all for helping me with that.) When Lucky thinks he'd like to nap on a nice warm dog, he almost never picks Buttercup. He always climbs on poor Wesley who is so afraid of him that she won't even move her head to look towards whatever person is coming to rescue her. She just freezes in place with her eyes squeezed shut. When we move him over to Buttercup, he settles in right away for a good nap. He just picks Wesley because he's a jerk.

He is so light that he doesn't trip the weight sensor on the automatic litterbox. OK, that's not his fault, but it is his choice to wait until everyone else has had their morning stinky time to have his. I just know that he knows that if he waits no other cat will go in and trip the sensor to make his poop go away.

He's taken to sleeping on the foot of the bed. He's so light that we can't feel him with our feet when we move, so we have both taken to sleeping in fetal positions to be sure that we don't accidently push our old guy off the bed. I know that even very small cats take up a lot of room on the bed, but he takes the bottom third!

We are moving into our new place on Thursday. We could have moved sooner, but we had some interior remodeling done that included knocking holes in walls. We could have kept the cats locked up in our suite. It would have been more convenient and we would have been out of this horrible rental. We were both too worried about the stress it would have put Lucky under to move and then be locked in strange rooms while unknown strangers were cutting holes in walls. He's such a jerk that he is taking this as his due!

I will sure miss the old guy when he's gone.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:31 PM
Charter Member

This thread has turned into the Monday Morning Post.

We are supposed to rant about things, dammit!
Old 01-23-2018, 08:03 PM
Charter Member

Alright, here's my rant:

Why the frack do people feel a need to go half the speed of light on the freeway? And why do they tailgate the one other person on the road? Seriously, dude, there is an open lane on either side of me, hell, I'M going 5mph above the speed limit myself so it's not like I'm poking along, either, and you HAVE to tailgate me? GO AROUND! You are allowed to change lanes! As no one else is on the freeway you don't even have to signal first, just DO IT! PLEASE! We will all be happier.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
As no one else is on the freeway you don't even have to signal first, just DO IT! PLEASE! We will all be happier.
Damn right!

A strip of fascia blew off the house last night, our insurance guy said to call a siding company. They were supposed to show up at 4:00 this afternoon when I got off work. Did they? Hell, no. Probably wouldn't make enough money, screw CP!
I'll have to get up on the roof and nail it back on, ankylosing spondilitis be damned, and break my neck.

Last edited by carnivorousplant; 01-23-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I'll have to get up on the roof and nail it back on, ankylosing spondilitis be damned...
I read this as ankylosaurus, moved on to the next tab, thought "Wait...", and was disappointed on rereading that you didn't have an armored dinosaur on your roof...

Last edited by digs; 01-23-2018 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:26 AM

Damn them no working ears! A friend I volunteer with cannot hear well. He is a very helpful and valued member of our group. We were working in the concessions at a basketball game. I was trying to teach him how to make funnelcake, it is loud because of background noise and lots of people talking, plus the ballgame going on, down the hall. I never got him to understand me. I just kept making them and he was my helper. I am hoping he was watching and learning. I hope!
Old 01-24-2018, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Me too.
Even though I got the very huge dorm bill for Lil'wrekkers stay at University. The bill is due immediately, Her 2nd scholarship money probably won't come til March. Why can't they coordinate these things. They were sending past due notices in the mail, and internet in the fall, I finally had to pull the trigger and pay it before that money finally came in late Oct. Stupid University!!
Two possible explanations:
1) Stupidity.
2) The same reason banks will, when receiving a pile of movements for your account, do the debits before the credits: that increases the probability of charging you extra fees.

Spending the week in the US, but it's only 3 days so I'm not trying to adjust my internal clock. Had a training session yesterday after what would normally be my bedtime. It's amazing how difficult it can be to pronounce "clipboard". clipboard clipboard clipboard...

Last edited by Nava; 01-24-2018 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
A strip of fascia blew off the house last night, our insurance guy said to call a siding company. They were supposed to show up at 4:00 this afternoon when I got off work. Did they? Hell, no. Probably wouldn't make enough money, screw CP!
I'll have to get up on the roof and nail it back on, ankylosing spondilitis be damned, and break my neck.
We had a piece of ours shear off during the "bomb cyclone" a few weeks ago. It came off in three pieces. One is in the backyard, one is in the back part of the driveway against my neighbor's fence, and the other piece in another neighbor's backyard.

We got a reasonable quote from a local roofing company. The catch is that we have to bring all three pieces to them. Our gable is rather long and our car is small, so I'm having visions of flappy wings with all three pieces sticking out of the windows.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:25 AM

Well, Max is now home and he's going through hell coming out of the anesthesia. Explosive diarrhea, for one. He kept my husband up all night. There are trails of paper towels all over the carpet. At one point he tried to go upstairs to be with me (he was supposed to stay downstairs with hubby), almost fell down the stairs (hubby caught him), and exploded again once he reached the room. That would explain all the paper towels I stumbled over when I woke.

Now he's curled up in *his* chair sound asleep. Hubby is the same upstairs. Now I have to get ready for work and I'm going to wake him up in the process :/
Old 01-24-2018, 01:09 PM
Charter Member

Truly sorry about puppy struggles, Kiz.

I've been having those problems again. The ones that feel hormonal, but my gynecologist told me could not possibly be hormonal because I'm on the pill, so she wouldn't do blood work.

I just got my lab results back from the urologist and I have very low estrogen, very low testosterone and my sex hormone binding globulin is too high (I don't know what that means.)

Standard treatment would be to go off the Pill, but I can't easily do that without inviting a world of pain. So I feel like I'm stuck in a Catch-22.

And I want to stuff these lab results up my gynecologist's ass.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
Truly sorry about puppy struggles, Kiz.

I've been having those problems again. The ones that feel hormonal, but my gynecologist told me could not possibly be hormonal because I'm on the pill, so she wouldn't do blood work.

I just got my lab results back from the urologist and I have very low estrogen, very low testosterone and my sex hormone binding globulin is too high (I don't know what that means.)

Standard treatment would be to go off the Pill, but I can't easily do that without inviting a world of pain. So I feel like I'm stuck in a Catch-22.

And I want to stuff these lab results up my gynecologist's ass.
Hm, discuss a change to a different med? I had been on seasonale/seasonique/WTF it was called and got shifted to norethindrone, which halted the menstrual cycle in its little painful tracks. I know it is a slightly different med from most BC pills, so maybe it won't have those effects? I know there are a bunch of pill options now that we didn't have before.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruvqan View Post
Hm, discuss a change to a different med? I had been on seasonale/seasonique/WTF it was called and got shifted to norethindrone, which halted the menstrual cycle in its little painful tracks. I know it is a slightly different med from most BC pills, so maybe it won't have those effects? I know there are a bunch of pill options now that we didn't have before.
I'm on Seasonique now. I tried about 15 things before I found what worked - monophasic continuous BC.

I'm tempted to just go off it and see what happens. After my miscarriage in 2014, I was off BC for almost a year and I didn't have a period for that entire year. I asked the urologist if this was normal, and she said, ''No.'' She speculated that it was theoretically possible that my D&C to remove the fetal tissue had caused uterine scarring.

That seems unlikely to me. Makes me wonder if I'm in premenopause or something.

The urologist is trying to keep me on the pill because of how it has been historically critical to my health, but she did tell me, ''If this (topical hormone) doesn't work, we have more tricks up our sleeve'' so maybe when I visit her again in March, we will have a conversation about medication options. Since I was mostly there for pelvic pain, we never even had a conversation about the hot flashes, nausea and excessive fatigue that my gynecologist said were ''just stress.'' Maybe once I describe these symptoms to my urologist she will have some ideas.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:32 PM

We are moving tomorrow. Please pray for me.

Movers are scheduled for 8am. Steve and his kitten are already locked up in their cage. I'm not going to even try to get them in carriers. We did that last time and it didn't work out very well. They are moving in their cage this time.

I have 5 carriers scattered around to try to trick the cats into thinking that carriers are just more boxes-they are already used to living with boxes all over the place. Like that's going to work, as soon as I put the grabs on the first one, 2 of the others are going to scatter. I'm going to shut the kitchen door while they are getting breakfast so I have them confined to 1 room. Lucky will be easy, blind cats don't run.

Hounds will be fine. As long as they are together, nothing can harm them.

My BB is safely out of the way*. I think I've planned for everything.

That means that the 1 thing that I didn't plan for is going to trip everything up. While I sound and act all confident and stuff, I'm a wreak. I just know this is going to be a disaster.

*no, I haven't drugged him and locked him in the basement, he's dealing with an evil oil guy issue 3 states away. If he was here, I was planning on using the drugs for myself!
[/SIZE]

Last edited by flatlined; 01-24-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:58 PM

Poor Spice, have a nice glass of wine and relax.