Old 12-02-2018, 05:08 PM

Is Fox NEWS all that bad? They wouldn't be if they didn't skirt the truth with lies and their own made up opinions. If you are going to report the news - have an open mind. Its like a salad. They put the main ingredients and then add any other item to make it better whether it does or not. Rupert Murdoch could give two f*cks as long as it makes ratings for his network. F*ck him too!

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2018, 07:13 PM

The evidence would seem to suggest that, if there is some sort of pathogenic or agent the inhibits or corrupts mental function, its delivery system is unmistakable. I stick to imported ales and microbrews in order to avoid it.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:35 PM

Murdoch is imported. Ailes is domestic
Old 12-02-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batano View Post
Murdoch is imported. Ailes is domestic
Ailes WAS domestic. Fortunately (or not, depending on your political stance), Ailes is defunct.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:47 AM

Well, this was a surprise. Mike Pompeo was on Fox and Friends this morning. The hosts, in an uncharacteristic lapse of asskissing lackeyism, pushed Pompeo on the Khashoggi murder. And they didn’t take his non-answers for an answer.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-se...hoggis-murder/

Sorry for the ad before the clip, this just happened and I couldn’t find the short clip anywhere else. It will probably be up on less annoying sites in a little while.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:58 AM

I took one for the team, downloaded the FoxNews home page a few hours ago, and searched it for references to 'Trump', 'Flynn', 'Mueller', 'Clinton' (none), 'Obama' and 'Hillary.' Here is everything that turned up: (I've brownified my sarcastic comments.)

You guys are all in the lame-stream liberal bubble. Checking the home page of the Nation's Fare and Balanst News just now I see the following references to Flynn:
  • Flynn is innocent -- his guilty plea should be thrown out
  • Judge's 'treason' insinuation in Flynn case 'pretty reckless'
  • How Flynn could still avoid prison
  • Alan Dershowitz: Michael Flynn now has three options to stay out of prison
  • FBI agents were helping Flynn fill in blanks on Russia conversations
  • Howard Kurtz: Flynn 'entrapment' argument touted by Right backfires
The following references to the real criminals:
  • TERMINAL CLINTON FATIGUE Opinion LAUREN APPELL: Bill and Hillary's bid to rewrite history hits wall in 2019
  • Comey grilled about Obama's knowledge of Hillary server
  • Marc Thiessen: The Mueller probe could turn out to be a disaster -- for the Democrats
And the following mentions of Dear Leader:
  • President Trump is resisting globalism and winning
  • Liberal advocacy group suing Trump admin for 'metering' asylum seekers
  • Trump administration moves to ban sale of bump stocks, make possession illegal by March
  • Will Trump forgo border wall to avoid government shutdown?
  • Man sentenced for threatening to 'put a bullet' in Trump's head
  • President Trump deserves all the credit for our soaring labor market
  • Joy Behar's joyless 2018: 'The View' star's most over-the-top anti-Trumpiness of the year
  • Arizona man gets prison term for threats against President Trump
  • Trump joins Wreaths Across America in laying wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery
America's champion is laying wreaths for our fallen soldiers while the evil-doers are still pre-occupied with covering up the e-mail treason.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:50 PM

This weeks winner in the "let's lower the bar enough so we can trip over it." contest.

Fox news: Will Trumps High Approval rating last through 2020.

Note that the "high" approval rating that they are touting is 46% (actually probably 42% according to 538).

Last edited by Buck Godot; 12-20-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:45 PM

Isn't that high, for Trump?
Old 12-20-2018, 03:52 PM

You just can't trust the polls, say the commenters to the piece.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
This weeks winner in the "let's lower the bar enough so we can trip over it." contest. Ö
Based on where the bar is right now, we would have to dig it up before we could trip on it.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:59 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
Isn't that high, for Trump?
If you look at the polling numbers on 538 (they aggregate Trump's approval rating across a bunch of polls), he's been at 41%, +/- a point or two, for most of 2018.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Charter Member

Hmmmm.....

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...15452932304896

Quote:
Brian Kilmeade just called out Trump to Sarah Sanders on Syria:

"Sarah, he's giving Russia a big win. Vladimir Putin praised him. He's also doing exactly what he criticized President Obama for doing. He said President Obama was the founder of ISIS. He just refounded ISIS."
Brian Kilmeade is one of the hosts on Fox & Friends, Individual-1's favorite show. Remember when I-1 called in unexpectedly and wouldn't get off? Bet he's not too happy now, being called out by his boyz.

Last edited by JohnT; 12-21-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:19 PM

"Refounding ISIS" might be overstating it. It kinda looks more like he's leaving it in Russia's hands whether or not ISIS continues to exist. Ideally, Russia would wipe them out completely in Syria, but I can see Putin leaving them on life-support to use as a future weapon of chaos against other western interests in the region in future.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:48 PM

So, I'm watching the news last night, as the trajectory of the shit intersected the locus of the fan. Thought I'd just check in, see what Hannity was saying about this. click...its about the horror of sanctuary cities...so, I'm confused a bit, why was this the focus given the situation?

Also, no Hannity. Turns out, this was sort of a "special edition" Hannity, with no Hannity, and a focus on a sort of hour long essay about important issues of the day. Well, not that particular day, just a general sort of review of crucial issues. I'm not familiar enough with Faux Gnaws to be totally sure that this wasn't scheduled some time ago, rather than a hastily concocted scheme to buy some time to catch their breath....Not sure, mind you. Leaning that way.

Last edited by elucidator; 12-21-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:47 PM

I can imagine that at Fox, unlike real journalistic operations, they occasionally require time to decide what their editorial stance on the news is, before they can report it.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:45 AM

A funny look at Tucker Carlsen.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:56 PM
Charter Member

For the first time in 17yrs, MSNBC beat Fox in overall daily viewers:

https://thehill.com/media/422929-msn...me-in-17-years
Old 12-26-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post

Best. Link. Ever.

Thank you for posting it.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:09 PM
Charter Member

Also, a day-by-day ratings breakdown: https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/category/ratings
Old 12-26-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post

I want to be happy about this news but... MSNBC? And Rachel maddow the top-rated show?

I don't understand the US viewing public at all it seems. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying it's anywhere near as bad as fox because of fucking course not.

Just that personally I find Maddow and morning Joe insufferable to watch. That shitty faux-outrage conversational style...yuck.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:48 PM

Rachel's fucking great. She's smart, she is trustworthy, and she will often put current events in context with historical events that I've not heard of work made the connection with. Hers is the only new show on my DVR.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2018, 11:34 PM

Well perhaps I've simply been unlucky.
Every time I watched she's rambling around something not particularly consequential, pausing for dramatic effect many times and in a smug style...unwatchable. YMMV
Old 12-26-2018, 11:37 PM

She's very much in love with her own wit. I can see why elucidator is such a big fan.

Well, that and the neck.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Stamos'_Left_Ear View Post
Rachel's fucking great. She's smart, she is trustworthy, and she will often put current events in context with historical events that I've not heard of work made the connection with. Hers is the only new show on my DVR.
Yes, I almost a Rachel Maddow fan.

My biggest complaint is that she repeats everything 4 or 5 times. Playing her at 1.75x speed makes her much less tedious and much more exciting!
Old 12-27-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
This was "I am also a Rachel Maddow fan" before my weird typing aphasia worked its will.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijin View Post
Well perhaps I've simply been unlucky.
Every time I watched she's rambling around something not particularly consequential, pausing for dramatic effect many times and in a smug style...unwatchable. YMMV
No, that sounds about right. She usually has about 3-4 minutes worth of actual useful content, and the rest is a dramatic lead up to it.

Quote:

My biggest complaint is that she repeats everything 4 or 5 times. Playing her at 1.75x speed makes her much less tedious and much more exciting!
Quote:
This was "I am also a Rachel Maddow fan" before my weird typing aphasia worked its will.
Hmmm, I was about to agree.

I liked Rachel when she followed Olbermann, and I still sometimes will watch her on youtube if there is something interesting going on, but I really can't stand to watch her more than a few minutes a week.

How do you get 1.75x speed? Youtube only lets me do 1.5x.

Yeah, I'm also almost a Rachel Maddow fan.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
How do you get 1.75x speed? Youtube only lets me do 1.5x.

Yeah, I'm also almost a Rachel Maddow fan.
Youtube where I live, whether using Chrome or Firefox, gives me speeds of 0.25, 0.5, .75, Normal, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2. They retain pitch ó 2x does not raise voices up an octave. Is it an HTML vs HTML5 issue or some such?? I've no idea.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:30 PM

I'm not sure where else to put this juicy little tidbit...apologies if it's been posted elsewhere.

Laura Ingraham's Radio Show Cancelled Due To Advertiser Boycott

Granted, this is just her syndicated radio show, and she'll still be showing up on Faux regularly. But, still, it's positive news.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:21 AM

I spent the holidays with the in-laws, who are avid FoxNews junkies including the radio channel, and thus got a lot of exposure to their stream-of-sewage offerings. Quite of lot of the radio chatter followed the same format:

1) Lie about something someone did or said
2) Build a fake narrative that extrapolates from that lie
3) Postulate sinister motives derived from the fake narrative.
4) Profit!

To do this full justice I'd need a transcript, but one thing they were claiming was that Comey's pre-election announcement was that Hillary had committed felonies; they then used this to demonstrate that the FBI must be corrupt since Hillary was never indicted. They're also still going on about the Lynch/Clinton tarmac meeting, by the way.

There was also a story about Vogue "criticizing the Trumps' Christmas cards", which became a story about how this proves that liberals are hating on Trump just because and not for any legitimate reasons, which became a discussion about how liberals hate Christmas and want to make it miserable for everyone (that's a close paraphrase, by the way). At no point in the story did they say what exactly Vogue had said or what it was about the Christmas cards that Vogue had found objectionable.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
I'm not sure where else to put this juicy little tidbit...apologies if it's been posted elsewhere.

Laura Ingraham's Radio Show Cancelled Due To Advertiser Boycott

Granted, this is just her syndicated radio show, and she'll still be showing up on Faux regularly. But, still, it's positive news.
On the theme of misleading half truths on Fox, that headline would fit right in. She is ending the show, she says because it was too much to do it and the Fox TV show every day. I don't know the actual truth, but that story quotes no independent information, nor could I find any elsewhere, that the radio show was 'cancelled' or that it was due to 'advertiser boycott' (mainly aimed at her TV show, which has had reduced advertising minutes, though higher viewership, since the boycott).
Old 01-02-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corry El View Post
On the theme of misleading half truths on Fox, that headline would fit right in. She is ending the show, she says because it was too much to do it and the Fox TV show every day. I don't know the actual truth, but that story quotes no independent information, nor could I find any elsewhere, that the radio show was 'cancelled' or that it was due to 'advertiser boycott' (mainly aimed at her TV show, which has had reduced advertising minutes, though higher viewership, since the boycott).
I suppose that whenever a celebrity suddenly disappears from the public eye that it is "exhaustion" too, right?

The fact is that as recently as a couple months ago, Politico was pointing out, "the sustained loss of advertising minutes and big, nationally recognized brands" was hurting the show even as ratings were "surging."

So it is documented that the show is doing well in the ratings but has had a problem with both the quantity and quality of sponsors and that this has been ongoing for some time past the usual cycle for these kinds of boycotts. Throw in the fact that she would like to save face (how good will her next venture go if she publicly concedes that her downward mobility was due to an effective boycott?) and view it all with Occam's Razor and it's pretty clear that the boycott had the desired effect.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
1. I suppose that whenever a celebrity suddenly disappears from the public eye that it is "exhaustion" too, right?

2 .The fact is that as recently as a couple months ago, Politico was pointing out, "the sustained loss of advertising minutes and big, nationally recognized brands" was hurting the show even as ratings were "surging."

So it is documented that the show is doing well in the ratings but has had a problem with both the quantity and quality of sponsors and that this has been ongoing for some time past the usual cycle for these kinds of boycotts.

3. Throw in the fact that she would like to save face (how good will her next venture go if she publicly concedes that her downward mobility was due to an effective boycott?) and view it all with Occam's Razor and it's pretty clear that the boycott had the desired effect.
1. Like I said, I don't personally know in this case (or any other) what the actual reason(s) are. I do know this thread is criticizing Fox for promoting politicized, speculative half truths (which they do do), but DailyKos is doing just that with that headline. They provide no factual reporting to back up their claim her *radio* show was 'cancelled'.

2. All of that applies to her TV show, not the radio show which isn't a Fox product.

3. Consumers of news can use 'Occam's Razor' (along with their biases) to put any spin they want on factual reporting. But the DK story specifically says the radio show was cancelled as if a report of a known fact, but provides no actual facts to that effect.

'Both sides' don't necessarily 'do it' equally, but that link is an example of a leftish outlet doing it: spun half truth, at best.

Last edited by Corry El; 01-02-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:45 PM

This I have been expecting for a year or so. FOX will lose more and more viewers just by the fact that the actual news is always elsewhere.

I'm a cable news surfer. When you do that you get the gist of how interesting, and how sticky each networks programming is. You always go to the station that has what you need to know and don't. It's very simple. Fox has gone coocoo and can't play that game anymore. The only thing you can find out factually from them by watching is what the "Fox spin" is and how they are distracting that day. This is not enough to keep their base informed, if their base needs to know what's happening in the real world of the justice system. The fox base is watching CNN and MSNBC to get their news, and watching fox for religion basically.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:02 PM

To be fair, there was some news about a Nobel Committee Chair writing about Obama's Peace Prize. BBC gave the story a headline that suggested the committee regretted awarding the prize to him, while other sites used words like “mistake” or “failure” in their headlines. I searched for the story on Fox and found they posted the wire copy straight under an undistorted headline that was more in line with the actual content.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

I'm not seeing evidence that Laura's show was cancelled, especially since she called it quits 2 months ago:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ing-to-podcast

To be honest, it sounds like both a lifestyle change and a "move with the market" change. 15 hours of regular-grind radio, or the same for a podcast which can be recorded any time. And, of course, nothing says you can't broadcast your podcast.

Last edited by JohnT; 01-02-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:32 PM

1-CNN brought several celebrities on to make joke New Year's resolutions. One of them was Jane Curtin, who said that her resolution was to “make sure the Republican Party dies."
So Fox News, in particular Steve Doocey, is claiming that it was no a joke, and he's afraid that Jane Curtin is going to start shooting Republicans.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-an...rs-resolution?

2-Fox & Friends guest says people on food stamps don't feel shame enough for taking them, and they spend all of their time watching porn, anyway.
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...of-wor/222390?
Old 01-04-2019, 12:31 AM

And still they keep this guy on the air,
Study after study has shown that when men make less than women, women generally donít want to marry them. Maybe they should want to marry them, but they donít. Over big populations, this causes a drop in marriage, a spike in out-of-wedlock births and all the familiar disasters that inevitably follow. More drug and alcohol abuse, higher incarceration rates, fewer families formed in the next generation.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:28 PM
One of Cecil's six friends
Charter Member

Sitting Florida congressman Matt Gaetz is hosting a show on Fox News today for some reason:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...or-some-reason
Old 01-11-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
She also, unlike every other show on MSNBC, doesn't actually do stories on Trump himself. She'll discuss him tangentially if the topic warrants, like say a story on Michael Cohen's plea bargain, but she does not report on Trump directly. No discussions on stupid things he's said or tweeted that day.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Sitting Florida congressman Matt Gaetz is hosting a show on Fox News today for some reason:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...or-some-reason
Time to once again dust off this item I mentioned years before:

"This was from a few years back so I'm not sure how FOX is doing nowadays with replacements, but when I looked at FOX news when people like Hannity or O'Reilly got sick or they had something personal to do, their replacements on their shows were people like Huckabe, Newt Gingrich or even freaking Chuck Norris. People that very clearly are right wing ideologues.

When at CNN ABC or CBS got temporary replacements for the talking heads we got... Who the heck was this guy or gal? It was usually a plain vanilla in training anchor or host that tried to be fair, and an unknown in the political arena.

If the right was correct about how leftist the mainstream media was/is I would expect something like this:

"Tonight, on CNN's The Situation Room., substituting Wolf Blitzer tonight: Michael Moore!"

But since we live in the real world I have to say that that does not happen as much as the left would love to see it."

I would like to see it if only to contemplate the heads exploding from the right if replacements like that were happening regularly in the "leftist" mainstream media.

Last edited by GIGObuster; 01-11-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDragonFan View Post
She also, unlike every other show on MSNBC, doesn't actually do stories on Trump himself. She'll discuss him tangentially if the topic warrants, like say a story on Michael Cohen's plea bargain, but she does not report on Trump directly. No discussions on stupid things he's said or tweeted that day.
I like this. My favorite thing is that she does longer pieces, with historical references, that pull in all kinds of information that builds into a big picture. I learn things watching her show. I also like Chris Hayes.

I think of Lawrence O'Donnell as the Rush Limbaugh of the group. I can't watch him. It's just bitching and very over-the-top presentation.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:48 AM

My friend put up a Rachael Maddow video the other day for me to watch on the TV. It was a fascinating, elaborate bunch of dots and lines that connected a Russian banker to the Whitehouse and/or the original campaign.

The delivered this story in her typical shotgun monotone, which was a bit of a problem for me. this story ran on for something like 25 minutes, of which I was able to keep up with about three total. There is very little texture to her presentations, which tends to not be to her benefit, in terms of being able to reach the widest audience.

Fox, by contrast, tends to have too much texture to their shows.

Last edited by eschereal; 01-12-2019 at 12:48 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:41 AM

What's amusing is how many people can correctly see the spin of Fox News and yet remain blissfully naive that you have equal spin of "the stories we want you to know about" on pretty much every other network.

CNN has made up numerous stories, including the gassing of deserters from the Vietnam War and trying to suggest George Zimmerman uttered a racist slur.

NBC got caught making up tales about General Motors and paid out the wazzu.

ABC got caught manufacturing the news on some crooked TV preachers (they were crooked, but the visuals were staged and misleading).

And Dan Rather? Here's a guy who showed up President Nixon, got into a tiff on-air with VP Bush, and manufactured a story with help from the Kerry campaign claiming Bush was AWOL from the Guard. (Amazingly enough, this objective reporter never managed to get into the deep dung when Democrats were in charge).

So is Fox News atrocious? Absolutely.

Is it any MORE atrocious than what you see on other networks? Nope, which is why I don't pay much attention when anyone complains. The spin on Fox doesn't even come close to regressing to the mean the nonsense other networks make up - and most of them have much larger audiences.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:57 AM
Charter Member

Nonsense - Fox is only on par with the propaganda in Pravda and whatever BS North Korea shits out.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:11 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestroh View Post
What's amusing is how many people can correctly see the spin of Fox News and yet remain blissfully naive that you have equal spin of "the stories we want you to know about" on pretty much every other network.

CNN has made up numerous stories, including the gassing of deserters from the Vietnam War and trying to suggest George Zimmerman uttered a racist slur.

NBC got caught making up tales about General Motors and paid out the wazzu.

ABC got caught manufacturing the news on some crooked TV preachers (they were crooked, but the visuals were staged and misleading).

And Dan Rather? Here's a guy who showed up President Nixon, got into a tiff on-air with VP Bush, and manufactured a story with help from the Kerry campaign claiming Bush was AWOL from the Guard. (Amazingly enough, this objective reporter never managed to get into the deep dung when Democrats were in charge).

So is Fox News atrocious? Absolutely.

Is it any MORE atrocious than what you see on other networks? Nope, which is why I don't pay much attention when anyone complains. The spin on Fox doesn't even come close to regressing to the mean the nonsense other networks make up - and most of them have much larger audiences.
Boilerplate rebuttal that doesn't address what has actually been reported previously.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
This is typical "both sides" bullshit.

No network is perfect and you can find errors that any have made if you look back far enough (e.g. 20 years for the first story you alluded to).

The difference with FOX is:
1. The frequency -- show me any episode of Hannity that doesn't include a gross misrepresentation of facts or outright lies
2. The fact they almost never correct anything they've said -- they just move on to the next nonsense
3. The fact that they spend a lot of time, like Trump, telling their audience not to trust any other media. Far from not caring whether their viewers are ignorant, their business model depends on it.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Said it before and I'll say it again, when it comes to comparing left and right factions, the conservatives and "enlightened centrists" have no adult concept of "they're just the same".

News networks occasionally get things wrong. Occasionally they milk sensationalism for a bigger audience share. Fox is orders of magnitude worse, they fabricate howlers and comically lopsided spin on a minute-by-minute basis.

Just curious, what's your news network of choice?
Old 01-13-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
You dug back decades and made a short list of a handful of things that every single other non-Fox news did wrong. Many of which are not in any way political, and most are pretty damn obscure; I have no idea what "preacher" story you are referring to. And some, I know for a fact were retracted and apologized for the mistake (yes, mistake. Dan Rather did not "manufacture" anything, that's a lie in your post).

Read through this thread and you can 100X more things that Fox has done in the last year that eclipses all of this. That this is all you could find on every single other non-Fox news source combined answers the question of the thread that, yes, Foxnews really is that bad.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijin View Post
The difference with FOX is:
1. The frequency -- show me any episode of Hannity that doesn't include a gross misrepresentation of facts or outright lies
When I was visiting my dad over x-mas vacation, he was watching Fox News out of a perverse desire to "know what the other side is thinking", and he started a pool to guess how long after the commercials before the host would utter something hateful, and he won with 12 seconds. (It was sort of meta-hateful, since the host described some Middle Eastern regime as "malevolent".)

It's possible other commercial news networks do this, but I don't recall hearing this sort of extraneous adjective or asides from a non-Fox news anchor in over a decade, at least the last time I remember. (The last time was an MSNBC newsperson covering the impending execution of someone and crowing about how awful a person the convict was and how happy the anchor will be when he died. The convict, not the anchor).

Then again, I don't listen to other commercial news networks when I can help it so my exposure to them has been limited lately. I listen to NPR which almost never has this sort of blatant spinnery (on its news programs), and the Beeb which has very little, but slightly more than NPR IMO.

Last edited by Ludovic; 01-13-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I like this. My favorite thing is that she does longer pieces, with historical references, that pull in all kinds of information that builds into a big picture. I learn things watching her show. I also like Chris Hayes.

I think of Lawrence O'Donnell as the Rush Limbaugh of the group. I can't watch him. It's just bitching and very over-the-top presentation.
I'm trying to think of even one thing that LO has in common with RL. Lies? Bigotry? White aggravation?

To me he is necessary after Rachel. I want the headline of the moment from someone who is engaged and passionate. Rachel has gone deep already and may have lost a lot of short attention people.

Lawrence is great at finding the handle, and jerking it. Meaning that when the president does something queer in public, he is the one who can get through the haze and identify the actual crime committed and covered up. This is while CNN will debate whether you can even say what the president meant at all.