Old 02-09-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post

Why didn't they just call if "mask"?" It means the same thing, and it uses six fewer letters to spell, and three fewer syllables to say.
Possibly because "maskirovka" is a Russian word, but "mask" doesn't have an appropriate meaning in Russian?
Old 02-09-2019, 02:02 PM

I just popped in to say that I'm surprised, and a little disappointed. Two pages in, and this thread still shows a severe lack of an SDMB basic resource:
tin-foil hats.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Why didn't they just call if "mask"?" It means the same thing, and it uses six fewer letters to spell, and three fewer syllables to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy L View Post
Possibly because "maskirovka" is a Russian word, but "mask" doesn't have an appropriate meaning in Russian?
IOW, they made it different, just for the sake of being "different?" Typical Russki arrogance.

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 02-09-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The US government isn't competent enough to hide the existence - or even location of - their own actual, illegal torture black sites. They're not even competent enough to hide their chain of command.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

BTW, OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaski View Post
Have we been visited by extraterrestrials and the government/military-industrial complex is hiding this knowledge because they don’t want free energy technology/the cure for cancer getting out to the public.
THE cure (singular) for cancer?
Old 02-09-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yllaria View Post
It's a fact of human physiology that when one focuses intensely on a subject or action over weeks and months, one will begin to dream about that subject or action. I, personally, once had a temp job stuffing envelopes under a moderately extreme quota. By the third week, I was doing the job in my sleep. Vividly. No one was surprised to hear about it and no one speculated that unearthly beings were causing the dreams.
Maybe you were actually working for aliens. Your dreams were their way of training you.
Quote:
The only difference between my dreams and their dreams is that physicists and inventors tend to focus on unanswered questions, rather than moving pieces of paper.
Exactly, you get better at moving paper, they get better at answering questions.

Quote:
BTW, OP:

THE cure (singular) for cancer?
What, now there's more than one type of cancer? Thanks aliens.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Yes, Tesla was a genius.

I believe he got “hints” in his dreams on how to achieve free energy from higher dimensional beings/ETs.

Just like how James Clerk Maxwell and Einstein talked about having vivid dreams where they took their inspiration from.

I think the gift of electromagnetic theory was gifted to Maxwell in his dreams from a higher dimension/ETs.
So my dream last night about drying my SIL after a shower could've been about relativity instead? I'd say, "Thanks, aliens ," except from what I know about Einstein that is exactly the sort of dream he'd have. Thus "relativity."
Old 02-09-2019, 04:34 PM

Kamaski, do you have an opinion on Time Cube?
Old 02-09-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
IOW, they made it different, just for the sake of being "different?" Typical Russki arrogance.
I agree. Different languages having different words for the same thing is dumb.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

What I wonder about, is why would a culture capable of interstellar travel bother sharing high tech with a buncha primitives several centuries behind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
If aliens came in my Telsa, I'd send it back too.
Try explaining that one to the guys at the detailer shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
That is a problem. No engine noise to cover the moaning.
And that is just fom the owners complaining.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Do you plan on responding to anything posted here?
Quote:
Contact with inter-dimensional beings
That’d be a “no”, then.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
there is plenty of video of craft flying through the air which defy the laws of physics online video. I suggest you try YouTube.

I like the videos taken with the old style camcorders before were had smartphone video, but smartphone/digital video is a lot better quality.
So you're saying that there's a massive conspiracy, reaching across decades, through the highest levels of governmental, military, industrial and financial power, where thousands of people would have to collectively hide the greatest secret in human history and conceal society-shaking technologies...which would, by the way, generate untold profits for the first companies to release them...and yet they allow the evidence to sit, publicly available, on YouTube?
Old 02-10-2019, 07:20 AM

If ETs have been"here", why do they always land in the USA? Is Uganda in on the conspiracy as three have landed there, too?

And how is the "government" always the first on the scene so they can hide the evidence? If an ET lands at a farm in Iowa, is the farmer now part of the conspiracy or is he shot on the spot?

Seriously, The OP is a troll.

Last edited by bizerta; 02-10-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:50 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

The Moderator Speaks

Bizerta, you can't call others trolls in Great Debates. Such is very disruptive to discussion.

Warning issued, please don't do it again.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
there is plenty of video of craft flying through the air which defy the laws of physics online video. I suggest you try YouTube.
Thanks, but if I want to see a hubcap thrown into the air, I can do it myself.
Quote:
I like the videos taken with the old style camcorders before were had smartphone video...
You mean like this?
Old 02-10-2019, 12:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I hear that in Japan, they call the tactic "Hensō". Arrogant fuckers!
Old 02-10-2019, 02:24 PM
Charter Member

Either A: Aliens are coming to earth and acting like drunk teenagers or B: aliens aren't coming to earth. B makes more sense to me.

Earth: the vacation destination of drunk teenage aliens everywhere.

Earth: Mostly paranoid.

Last edited by furryman; 02-10-2019 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:

99.9% of reality is non-linear PDEs, true? We only know how to solve a couple of these with computer methods.
You mean Nonlinear partial differential equations? This list is far more than a couple.

So are you trying to say since we can't explain everything in the universe yet, that leaves open the possibility that ETs exist? That's not proof. We used to be unable to explain fire. That didn't automatically mean that ETs existed.

Last edited by Knowed Out; 02-10-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Chance View Post
Such is very disruptive to discussion.
Holy Ned I think I just pissed myself
Old 02-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
So you're saying that there's a massive conspiracy, reaching across decades, through the highest levels of governmental, military, industrial and financial power, where thousands of people would have to collectively hide the greatest secret in human history and conceal society-shaking technologies...which would, by the way, generate untold profits for the first companies to release them...and yet they allow the evidence to sit, publicly available, on YouTube?
You know, if the ETs took some dick pix they'd be all over the web in an instant.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
You know, if the ETs took some dick pix they'd be all over the web in an instant.
Kittens are alien dongs!
Old 02-11-2019, 02:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Are there any conspiracy theories out there that you don't support?
I don't think he's mentioned Bigfoot yet.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:50 PM

The thing that gets me is that many other countries out there would also have to keep things a secret. Think about countries like Russia, China, and North Korea. What would they do with such information. How about Europe? Would would France or Switzerland say?
Old 02-11-2019, 07:38 PM

Has anyone looked into the work of Dr. Greer and the Disclosure Project? He seeks to release the UFO files from all world governments.

He claims this is a high level conspiracy, Illuminati/Bilderberg group type stuff. But many of his witnesses are quite convincing.

I’ve watched his documentary unacknowledged and it’s quite good, I think many of the hard core conspiracy types are hoping that president Trump will release all the UFO files because he’s an outsider. They claim Bill/Hillary woundnt do it because they are NWO. I’m not so sure.

He also has claimed that the reverse engineering of UFO craft happens deep underground, so it wouldn’t be able to be detected by satellites.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
He also has claimed that the reverse engineering of UFO craft happens deep underground, so it wouldn’t be able to be detected by satellites.
Point to one technology that we can't trace from the very earliest days of fumbling amateurism to today's level. One. I'm not asking for much. One technology in which a leap occurred, that has to be attributed to alien technology instead of basic human slogging. One.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
He claims this is a high level conspiracy, Illuminati/Bilderberg group type stuff.
You and Greer pretty much lost everyone here with this.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:32 PM

I love threads like this. Besides the obvious fun, they give me a chance to say

I was once probed by an alien. I know she was an alien cuz she showed me her green card.

Come to think of it, can any of you prove that Trump's wall isn't really to keep Greys in Mexico?
Old 02-11-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Or perhaps under a very large tarp.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
. . . Isn’t the human body an elctro-mechanical systems after all? . . .
The body is mostly biochemical, with some of the chemical reactions being electrochemical. The mechanical bits, that is, the way that muscles and bones work together, don't seem to be giving anyone anything to get het up about. But then, biomechanics is usually done by engineering types who figure that the mechanics equations are all old and well-established and it's just a matter of arguing over how best to apply them. So you'll get articles arguing that when doing a knee replacement, the new joint should be kinematically aligned, but nothing in those articles would be of interest to anyone looking for ammunition in an argument about aliens.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I doubt that he did - we don't spend $2.1T on defense even now, let alone in 2001. You might be confusing Don Rumsfeld with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, 2001 with 2018, and $2.1T with $21T. Also, Ms. AOC doesn't know what the hell she is talking about.
Speaking of not knowing what they're talking about - Actually, Rumsfeld claimed they couldn't account for $2.3T. Relevant quote is just past the one minute mark.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCathode View Post

Come to think of it, can any of you prove that Trump's wall isn't really to keep Greys in Mexico?
Of course it is. See post 91.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:40 AM

YouTube?????

Quote:

I like the videos taken with the old style camcorders before were had smartphone video, but smartphone/digital video is a lot better quality.
Try YouTube?

Hahahahahahahaha....

It's time for a reality check.

The home for basket cases who only get to air their views because video technology has got so simple to use. YouTube is a media landfill; it accepts all the garbage that is dumped onto it.

YouTube as a news organization? Sure. No reviewing, no checking of facts.

Color me skeptical.

It has been said before, but I'll say it again: if aliens really have landed and given us advanced technology, then WTF is it? Any who could market that stuff would be rich on an unimaginable scale. So who is hiding it and why? The US military? They would gladly give their balls to have unlimited free energy.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Yes, Tesla was a genius.

I believe he got “hints” in his dreams on how to achieve free energy from higher dimensional beings/ETs.

Just like how James Clerk Maxwell and Einstein talked about having vivid dreams where they took their inspiration from.

I think the gift of electromagnetic theory was gifted to Maxwell in his dreams from a higher dimension/ETs.
Tesla was a genius, but he did not produced anything major in his later years. Conspiracy? He died at 87. The actuarial evidence is that that is not a good age. There has never been any evidence that he was working on anything by then.

Again, a reality check. If Tesla had really had something, in wartime, he would have given it to a grateful government. Or, the other side of the coin, Hoover finds out (HOW?) that Tesla just happened to have free energy all sewn up and does a Watergate on him. So howcum the USA did not suddenly have unlimited energy? I'll say it again. This was in wartime. This was when they had problems getting enough electricity for Oak Ridge. Unlimited energy could be used to make synthetic fuels. But none of this happened.

Nor has anyone come up with anything close to this since then. There are far more engineers around than in Tesla's time. We know far more about physics than was known back then. But we still haven't cracked it/
Old 02-12-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
By the way it’s not just the United States govt, its many world govts, including Russia, China.

The US simply has a monopoly on technology, or at least wants to maintain its monopoly.
This gets better. Three competing groups that hate each other, get to share alien technology? I don't know too much about aliens - heck, who genuinely does? - but I'll hazard a guess on the basis of what i know about human beans. Which country got such technology first would use it to fry any other country that did not surrender pronto.

If we are just talking about sightings of a purported ET, then I can see that all three keep such things a military secret, for whatever reason. But all we seem to get are curious sightings. That's still a long way from "take me to your leader and I'll give him some jaw-dropping technology".
Old 02-12-2019, 06:53 AM

Unless their is some amazing tech out there we are just simply too far away from other planets for them to be able to come hare and if they did, it would probably be a colonization ship from a dying world.

I think their are some strange things flying around but I dont think they are from other planets.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exapno Mapcase View Post
Point to one technology that we can't trace from the very earliest days of fumbling amateurism to today's level. One. I'm not asking for much. One technology in which a leap occurred, that has to be attributed to alien technology instead of basic human slogging. One.
I present, the Retro Encabulator. We didn't even know that side fumbling *should* be effectively eliminated, much less how to do so.

It is possible the presenter is an alien as well.

Last edited by k9bfriender; 02-12-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:14 PM
Mod Rocker

Quote:
The Russians invented the military intelligence tactic of “maskirovka” which means to put a mask over something. It means to throughly disinform/propagndandize/misinform/fake news your enemy.
Go read The Man Who Never Was. The Soviets hardly invented the tactic, (even if they coined a word for it).

Last edited by tomndebb; 02-13-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomndebb View Post
Go read The Man Who Never Was. The Soviets hardly invented the tactic, (even if they coined a word for it).
The Man Who Never Was was based on a deception that occurred in 1943. Maskirovka as a term and doctrine is older than that, so reading the book wouldn't prove anything. But of course deceiving the enemy in general has been around forever.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ray vision View Post
The Man Who Never Was was based on a deception that occurred in 1943. Maskirovka as a term and doctrine is older than that, so reading the book wouldn't prove anything. But of course deceiving the enemy in general has been around forever.
I seem to recall some old story about some guys in a wooden horse on the shores of the Aegean, ca. 1200 BC. for example.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ray vision View Post
"Quaker Guns" in the US Civil War is another example.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gukumatz View Post
The US government isn't competent enough to hide the existence - or even location of - their own actual, illegal torture black sites. They're not even competent enough to hide their chain of command.
Aye, what's the saying? "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead." Any conspiracy theory that necessarily posits thousands of people all keeping the secret is pretty much fucked from the getgo.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Meanwhile thousands of children continue to die from preventable diseases.....
Extraterrestrials have tried many times to bring us the vaccine that prevents all disease, but the NASA-Pharma cabal stops them.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:45 AM

They just want us all to have space autism anyway.