Old 09-09-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Where is that wall? And do you still think Mexico is going to pay for it?

[url=https://www.univision.com/univision-news/politics/transcript-the-border-wall-call-trump-and-pena-nietos-conversation-in-full] Here is the transcript of the call between Trump and Nieto. Read it. There are some annotations in there of Trump's lies - like saying he won New Hampshire when he didn't. But the newsworthy piece is below - which I bet you don't remember either.

Now, I don't know if Trump was enough of a moron to think Mexico would pay for the wall, or if he was such a liar to say they would when he knew they wouldn't, and assume that his idiotic supporters would believe him.

As for the neo-Nazis, anyone happily marching with Nazis and KKKers is scum in my eyes. Trump only condemned them under duress, and you saw how he regretted doing so. Ditto for not condemning his KKK supporters. You know Trump gets the white supremacist vote, and depends on the racist vote.
No, Trump realized all recent presidents were puppets of the globalist elite. He ran as a republican, to fit into the false dichotomy of Republican vs democrat, which has really been a uniparty offering no real choice for a long time. His opponents have nothing to offer of substance, and so try to paint Trump and his supporters a racist, sexist, or whatever. Someone here tried to caricature the recent anti-globalist movement as antisemetic, linking it to a book from the early 1900s,which is bogus. Again, because the only play in their playbook is to demonize their opponents with false claims of bigotry.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Peebles View Post
No, Trump realized all recent presidents were puppets of the globalist elite.
You keep using that term, I don't think you realize what you are reaching for:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...mitism-condemn

But, besides that, in ironic economical terms, the trade wars are more likely to turn people into voting against him and the Republicans.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...off-globalists
Quote:
Trump Entertains Economic Suicide to Tick Off the “Globalists”
The president is hopelessly ignorant when it comes to the train wreck he just set in motion, but knows what gets the base going.
Quote:
So, basically, Trump decided to start a trade war because his base thinks “globalist” is the most insulting thing you can call a person, economic effects be damned. And now, the G.O.P. is worried that Trump’s ignorance will cost them the midterms, something they probably should have thought of when he announced his candidacy for president:

Quote:
Republicans plan to brag about the economy in midterm campaigns in hopes of countering Trump’s unpopularity, touting a strong stock market, low unemployment rate, and—most importantly—their increasingly popular tax legislation. But Trump’s suggestion Saturday that he might slap penalties on European cars, in addition to the tariffs on aluminum and steel he already promised, could upend that strategy completely, Republicans say.
Quote:
He ran as a republican, to fit into the false dichotomy of Republican vs democrat, which has really been a uniparty offering no real choice for a long time.
Meh, in reality the system the founding fathers designed was IMHO designed to not be dependent on political parties. Extremism has been shoehorned in.

Quote:
His opponents have nothing to offer of substance, and so try to paint Trump and his supporters a racist, sexist, or whatever.
Ignorant will suffice.

Quote:
Someone here tried to caricature the recent anti-globalist movement as antisemetic, linking it to a book from the early 1900s,which is bogus. Again, because the only play in their playbook is to demonize their opponents with false claims of bigotry.
Meh, seeing that your sources are inept at identifying good information to make a convincing argument, your say so here is silly too.

Last edited by GIGObuster; 09-09-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
No, Trump realized all recent presidents were puppets of the globalist elite. He ran as a republican, to fit into the false dichotomy of Republican vs democrat, which has really been a uniparty offering no real choice for a long time. His opponents have nothing to offer of substance, and so try to paint Trump and his supporters a racist, sexist, or whatever. Someone here tried to caricature the recent anti-globalist movement as antisemetic, linking it to a book from the early 1900s,which is bogus. Again, because the only play in their playbook is to demonize their opponents with false claims of bigotry.
If you don't think that Trump bragging about grabbing women isn't sexist, if you don't think Trump insulting women he doesn't like as ugly isn't sexist, I don't know what to say.
Actually I do, I can't say it here.
I never said that Trump was anti-semitic, at least not more than the base level that people who grew up when he did have. But he certainly accepts support from people who are actively anti-semitic. And he retweets racist tweets. Look it up. It is time for you to fact the pile of shit who you support head on.
I used to be a conservative, and worked on the 1968 campaign. George Wallace who was running under his own stripes back then said "there isn't a dime's worth of difference between the Republicans and Democrats." This was Humphrey and Nixon. If you are an extremist, no you don't see the nuances of position. And if you are as ignorant as Trump, you also don't see the differences.
Here's one example - do you think Trump has the slightest idea of what it would take to bring manufacturing back, and the impact on employment and cost?
Old 09-10-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
No, Trump realized all recent presidents were puppets of the globalist elite.
Care to elaborate on this? What the fuck does this mean, exactly? And how doesn't it apply to Trump, who colluded with a foreign power to get dirt on his political adversaries?

I'm reminded of how Steve Bannon tried desperately to explain how Trump, DeVos, and Mnuchin weren't "elites", despite the fact that they're all billionaires. It's nonsense - DeVos in particular comes from family money and has produced nothing of value in her life - but for some reason, you can fool countless people into thinking that an executive branch that literally has a 5 billion dollar net worth increase over Obama is somehow less elite. These are buzzwords that mean nothing.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Please, by all means, tell me - what the fuck does this mean?

Quote:
He ran as a republican, to fit into the false dichotomy of Republican vs democrat, which has really been a uniparty offering no real choice for a long time.

Are we just going through every cliche'd pro-Trump argument here?

Quote:
Again, because the only play in their playbook is to demonize their opponents with false claims of bigotry.
We are? We are. Okay. Jesus, dude, if the only criticism of Trump you've heard is "he's a bigot", you are not paying attention. At all.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:13 AM

Any chance the general Trump discussion could get another thread?
Old 09-10-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
We don't know what is actually motivating this guy, so it's hard to say if he's a coward or not. I would call him gravely mistaken at this point. He just made life miserable for most of his co-workers and will almost certainly end up making things worse rather than better. Trump has trust issues as it is, but he'll trust no one now. It will be much, much more difficult to give him good advice.
I'm guessing his / her motivation is more emotional than rational, more reactionary than strategic. Maybe they reached the tipping point. Fatigue and disgust won the day and they sat down and wrote the piece. Maybe they had written and deleted it numerous times before but this time they went thru with it. Maybe the McCain funeral gave them the sense that this piece would mark the final push toward critical mass. I'm betting the writer is now in a more relaxed state of mind knowing their days in the WH are numbered.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksen9 View Post
I'm guessing his / her motivation is more emotional than rational, more reactionary than strategic. Maybe they reached the tipping point. Fatigue and disgust won the day and they sat down and wrote the piece. Maybe they had written and deleted it numerous times before but this time they went thru with it. Maybe the McCain funeral gave them the sense that this piece would mark the final push toward critical mass. I'm betting the writer is now in a more relaxed state of mind knowing their days in the WH are numbered.
I just got the weird felling that this is going to end like in some Agatha Christie crime novels, that in this case many writers are more relaxed.