Old 10-15-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaher View Post
Call it 50. It can be 20 or 200, doesn't really matter. No, Obama could not veto a Supreme Court decision.
You misunderstand me. I'm talking about the decision from Congress to even bring in the Supreme Court. You said Congress should vote to make it happen. I think there's a name for when they do that kind of thing.

In fact, I think the whole process might even be written down somewhere.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
I move a vote of thanks to adaher for showing up to deliver a SRIOTD to the thread in person. Most of his cohort require us to go out and scour the interwebs to collect their, um, offerings.
Yeah, well, adaher has been trying to derail this thread with his vacuous cruft for a while now. He may be amusing at first, but he gets boring pretty quickly. He is more just inane than breathtakingly stupid. The interwebs have given us some real jaw-droppers, the like of which adaher cannot compare with. He is like a garden-variety turd floating happily along in a shitstorm roil of bilious orange sewage.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
Yeah, well, adaher has been trying to derail this thread with his vacuous cruft for a while now. He may be amusing at first, but he gets boring pretty quickly. He is more just inane than breathtakingly stupid. The interwebs have given us some real jaw-droppers, the like of which adaher cannot compare with. He is like a garden-variety turd floating happily along in a shitstorm roil of bilious orange sewage.
This thread would be red sewage, surely. And there's another one for the blue sewage.

But don't fall into both...
SPOILER:
...or you could be marooned.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:17 AM

Sorry.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
He is like a garden-variety turd floating happily along in a shitstorm roil of bilious orange sewage.
I made some of that once, turns out I ate too much Escolar.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precambrianmollusc View Post
I made some of that once, turns out I ate too much Escolar.
But did it come out your mouth, like a Republican, or the normal end?
Old 10-15-2014, 01:28 AM

The normal , although at the time I was ranting about the apparent unfairness of the worlds, as appeared to me from my narrow viewpoint of the dunny, and why it was everyone else's fault even though the liquid flame jet emanating from my arse was largely due to my own poor choices. I probably could have come up with a few SRIOTD at the time, being in a ludicrous frame of mind. Fortunately it passed and I was suitably ashamed of myself.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
Sorry.
You want that last cigarette, or shall we just get on with it?

Old 10-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
Sorry.
I'm sure you are.

<Adds Robot Arm's name to The List.>
Old 10-15-2014, 12:16 PM
BANNED

GOP Congressman: Obama Wants Ebola To Spread So He Can 'Take Control' Of Everything.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

Imagine my surprise to see the name

SPOILER:
Rep. Steve Stockman
Old 10-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member

I was betting it would be Gohmert.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
I was betting it would be Gohmert.
I also thought America's Dumbest Congressman...
Old 10-15-2014, 01:45 PM
BANNED

Ben Carson thinks “political correctness” could lead U.S. to collapse like Rome.

Quote:
Carson expanded on the notion in an interview with Bloomberg Politics’ Phil Mattingly. “For Carson,” Mattingly writes, “the canary in the American coalmine is political correctness.”

“The reason that is very troubling to me,” Carson explains, “is that it’s the very same thing that happened to the Roman Empire. They were extremely powerful. There was no way anybody could overcome them. But these philosophers, with the long flowing white robes and the long white beards, they could wax eloquently on every subject, but nothing was right and nothing was wrong. They soon completely lost sight of who they were.”
Old 10-15-2014, 01:54 PM
BANNED

Gov. Nikki Haley of SC: It’s OK to have the Confederate flag at the statehouse because “not a single CEO” has complained.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:14 PM

I don't even have an inkling of the leaps in logic one must make to reach that conclusion
Old 10-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Doesn't matter. The point is to sound educated and profound. Gingrich understood that too, which is why he was described as "a dumb man's idea of what a smart man sounds like".
Old 10-15-2014, 02:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogSosoth View Post
I don't even have an inkling of the leaps in logic one must make to reach that conclusion
Especially considering that the Empire fell after it had chucked all that philosophical relativism and gone Christian. Everybody seems to forget that, for some reason.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Did the Empire ever have philosophical relativism?
Old 10-15-2014, 03:14 PM

"“The reason that is very troubling to me,” Carson explains, “is that it’s the very same thing that happened to the Roman Empire. They were extremely powerful. There was no way anybody could overcome them. But these philosophers, with the long flowing white robes and the long white beards, they could wax eloquently on every subject, but nothing was right and nothing was wrong. They soon completely lost sight of who they were.”"

Huh. I was under the impression that it was Athens that had all the philosophers. I thought Rome fell because of insane politicians and lead poisoning from the plumbing, which, given the conservative's view of the EPA, are both more likely causes of a U.S. collapse.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Charter Member

Bill O'Reilly wants us to hire mercenary armies to fight wars for us, which is another thing that led to the fall of the Roman Empire. So far we're batting 1.000: mercenaries, environmental poison, insane politicians and Christianity.

Been nice knowin' y'all.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGlutton View Post
Ben Carson thinks “political correctness” could lead U.S. to collapse like Rome.
Quote:
"But these philosophers, with the long flowing white robes and the long white beards, they could wax eloquently on every subject, but nothing was right and nothing was wrong. They soon completely lost sight of who they were."
What? I thought the problem with "political correctness" is supposed to be exactly the opposite, that it's super-judgy about what's right and what's wrong. You know, the "correctness" bit.

Not even Ben Carson seems to have a clue what Ben Carson's talking about.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Charter Member

In this case, sure he does. "Political correctness" is a code term for liberalism, with all the scary change-y stuff that implies.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:33 PM

Ted Nugent. Again.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus Magill View Post
Did the Empire ever have philosophical relativism?
In a way.

"The various modes of worship, which prevailed in the Roman world, were all considered by the people, as equally true; by the philosopher, as equally false; and by the magistrate, as equally useful."

-- Edward Gibbon
Old 10-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miskatonic View Post
Ted Nugent. Again.
The Smith Act is still on the books. Why isn't it being invoked?
Old 10-15-2014, 05:56 PM

there's so much here I don't know where to start.

"Dr. Keith Ablow, the resident psychiatrist at Fox News and a member of the network’s Medical A-Team, declared this week that President Barack Obama was allowing Ebola into the United States because his 'affiliations” and 'affinities' were more with Africa.

On Tuesday’s edition of The John Gibson Show on Fox News radio, Ablow looked 'deep inside the president’s psyche' to determine that Obama did not want to seal the borders or build a wall because he sees Americans as a 'scourge on the face of the Earth.'"

“His affinity, his affiliations are with them! Not us! That’s what people seem unwilling to accept. He’s their leader. We don’t have a president. We don’t have a president who has the American people as his primary interest, who believes the country has Manifest Destiny and has been a force for good.”

"The Fox News doctor went on to speculate that Obama had only been elected because Americans were victims of Stockholm Syndrome, and decided to elect somebody 'who has names very similar to two of our archenemies, Osama, well, Obama. And Hussein. And what it does is it removes the United States from its rightful place at the leading edge of a march for freedom in the world and encourages those who hate freedom like ISIL to go on their own march, which they have,' Ablow asserted."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/f...ola-in-the-us/

Last edited by Shayna; 10-15-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
What? I thought the problem with "political correctness" is supposed to be exactly the opposite, that it's super-judgy about what's right and what's wrong. You know, the "correctness" bit.

Not even Ben Carson seems to have a clue what Ben Carson's talking about.
He's confused on his Ancient sources anyway. The Sophists (y'know, the moral relativists who prided themselves on being able to argue anything and its opposite) were a Greek thing, not a Roman thing. And even in Greece they had their share of critics... on the grounds that they argued everything and its opposite and lacked direction/morals.

Roman philosophers were a lot more categorical on the whole. You know, this is good, that is bad, don't get fucked in the arse, fuck other guys in the arse instead because that is proper manly, that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus
Bill O'Reilly wants us to hire mercenary armies to fight wars for us, which is another thing that led to the fall of the Roman Empire. So far we're batting 1.000: mercenaries, environmental poison, insane politicians and Christianity.

Been nice knowin' y'all.
Shit, man, at least throw in midgets fighting bears and public orgies to make it worth my while !
Old 10-15-2014, 07:28 PM

Huckabee:

Quote:
But the biggest issue is the betrayal of our Constitution and the surrender to a small group of unelected black-robed jurists who can’t make law, nor enforce it.
Carson:

Quote:
But these philosophers, with the long flowing white robes and the long white beards, they could wax eloquently on every subject, but nothing was right and nothing was wrong.

Robes are bad, mmkay?
Old 10-15-2014, 07:37 PM

Oh, those Roman stand-up philosophers!
Old 10-15-2014, 07:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
Shit, man, at least throw in midgets fighting bears and public orgies to make it worth my while !
Will WWF and Cinemax do?
Old 10-15-2014, 08:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Could be worse than philosophy. Could be faith.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Meh. Vanilla. I want midgets having public orgies with bears!
Old 10-15-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:

Does this mean little people fighting full sized bears or tiny bears in boxing gear?
Old 10-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Charter Member

Rick Scott gives the weirdest prima-donna performance since Bobby Fischer quit doing chess tournaments:

Quote:
The live televised debate between Florida Gov. Rick Scott and challenger Charlie Crist got off to one of the most bizarre starts in political history Wednesday night when Scott initially refused to take the stage because of a fan.

Yes, a fan.

The governor said Crist was in violation of debate rules prohibiting electronic devices by placing a small fan underneath his lecturn. Debate moderators initially said Scott had decided he would not appear in the debate at all because of the rules violation.

Some in the crowd at Broward College hooted and booed at the announcement....
Old 10-15-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGlutton View Post
Could be worse than philosophy. Could be faith.
Ha! I knew what that was before I even opened it.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Your Ad Here
Charter Member

Quote:
The Smith Act is still on the books. Why isn't it being invoked?
Maybe I'll start this as a thread in GD, but would the Smith Act stand up at all as constitutional? And would we really want it to?
Old 10-16-2014, 01:20 AM

Demonstrating, among other things, that his ignorance includes not knowing the difference between "electronic" and "electrical".
Old 10-16-2014, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balance View Post
Demonstrating, among other things, that his ignorance includes not knowing the difference between "electronic" and "electrical".
How do you know? I have seen fans that have remotes, you cannot do that without electronics. For all we know, Crist had them put Siri inside there with fancy voice-to-blades compensatory modulation so that he could hear her clearly but nobody else could. Those Democrats are wily, you know, even if they used to be Republicans.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggirl View Post
Does this mean little people fighting full sized bears or tiny bears in boxing gear?
Hmm. Either. No, both. If we're doing decadence, we gotta do it right.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggirl View Post
Quote:
Hmm. Either. No, both. If we're doing decadence, we gotta do it right.
Or, we could just throw Warwick Davis into the ring with Brendan Gleeson and call it a night.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:21 AM

This is actually more vile than stupid.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...ractive-rival/

“How attractive is Marilinda Garcia?’’ Vaillancourt asked rhetorically. “You know how opposition ad makers usually go out of their way to find a photo of the opponent not looking his or her best. Well ... Democrats and Annie Kuster supporters can't seem to find a photo of Marilinda Garcia looking bad at all.”

Kuster, on the other hand, he said, is the opposite.

“Let's be honest. Does anyone not believe that Congressman Annie Kuster is as ugly as sin?” Vaillancourt asked. “And I hope I haven't offended sin.”
Old 10-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Charter Member

Psst! Post #17372, second link.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:33 AM

This story is so great and it's even getting better. The party line explaining Scott's behaviour:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Scott
I waited to see, until we figured figure out whether he was going to show up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Rubio
it wasn’t clear [Crist] was even going to show up.
The excuse they've decided to go with is they weren't sure the guy on stage in front of the cameras waiting for Scott was going to show up.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Psst! Post #17372, second link.
Sorry. It is a large thread.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
Will WWF and Cinemax do?
I can't decide whether WWF works better as World Wildlife Foundation or World Wrestling Federation in this context.

Perhaps there is finally a way for them to get along.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:10 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus Magill View Post
I can't decide whether WWF works better as World Wildlife Foundation or World Wrestling Federation in this context.

Perhaps there is finally a way for them to get along.
Let's see, if we put the wrestlers in a big cage with the wildlife . . .
Old 10-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by not what you'd expect View Post
Sorry. It is a large thread.
If you can't be bother to spend a couple of your precious days skimming through 17 and a half thousand posts before responding, perhaps you should go elsewhere.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, you slacker!
Old 10-16-2014, 12:34 PM
BANNED

More from the Fox News Medical A-Team.

Three guesses what the "A" stands for.

Last edited by BrainGlutton; 10-16-2014 at 12:35 PM.