Old 01-18-2017, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
No one wants to take your hunting rifles away?

"Teacher shames young hunter at NE OH school: "Killing animals is not what we do""
https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/teac...not-what-we-do
Where in the article does it say anyone wanted to take anyone's guns away? And, did you see the update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Fetish Blog
UPDATE: I've just been made aware that, on January 5, 2017, Highland Local Schools issued the following statement:

"While the Highland Local School District respects the rich tradition of hunting that so many of our students and families share in Medina County, we are also aware that not every family hunts and not all children have been exposed to those types of images.

"Approximately six weeks ago (on November 21), several children expressed concern to their teacher over an image on a shirt worn by a classmate. The teacher then took the student in the hall and quietly asked her to take the shirt off. The student complied.

"Following a phone call from the student's mother, an apology was issued almost immediately to the student and her family by the teacher, principal and superintendent."
No one's guns were taken, the school made the required kowtow to the almighty gun, and life went on as it always does.

Seriously, this is the kind of horror story that gun owners tell each other at bed time? This is the kind of thing that makes you fear for the loss of your precious lead spitters?

Last edited by Defensive Indifference; 01-18-2017 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:29 AM

Sounds more like it was a freedom of speech issue more than RTKBA. The point of the matter was that you call people out on small bullshit before they go onto making bigger asses of themselves.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Thanks, I didn't think this was complicated either.
Yeah, we already have laws about that. How many more do you think we need?

I'm happy to get in line wit you and condemn the father for his carelessness.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
Visitors to the Missouri state Capitol are not allowed to bring guns into the building. So Rep. Nick Marshall is offering to lend a gun to any CCW holder who was not allowed to bring a gun inside. He posted on Facebook:

He posted a similar sign on his office door. I'm not sure why his offer only extends to his own constituents. I guess other residents can go get weapons from their own representatives. Also AIUI (I am not a gun owner or lawyer) you can open carry in Missouri without a permit. It's unclear to me if Marshall will only lend guns literally to CCW holders, or anyone who wants to tote around a gun in a building full of lawmakers. Also unclear to me is why Marshall will only hand out firearms. What if a constituent's weapon of choice is a knife, blackjack, club, sword, or halberd? Can he check one of those out from Marshall?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ry-gun-capitol
Gun folks use CCW licenses as a proxy for someone who have cleared a background check.

This is in juxtaposition o the pro-gun's antipathy towards licensing and registration. I believe the whole good guy with a gun makes some sense and licensing and registration furthers the policy goals of keeping guns in the hands of good guys.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projammer View Post
Sounds more like it was a freedom of speech issue more than RTKBA. The point of the matter was that you call people out on small bullshit before they go onto making bigger asses of themselves.
A lot of gun folks like to say that the second amendment is the one that protects all the others but they're wrong. In the history of this country the first amendment has protected the second amendment a million times. The second amendment has only rarely been used to protect any of the others.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:51 PM

A 79-year-old resident of a senior apartment complex in St. Louis believed that an assistant manager of the complex had stolen money from his apartment. The resident, who we can only assume was a good guy with a gun up to this point, confronted the assistant manager and shot her in the chest, killing her.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...ed73b8cee.html

No word on whether the money was recovered. But, hey, you can bet everyone will think twice before stealing from that guy. So...defensive gun use?
Old 01-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Where in the article does it say anyone wanted to take anyone's guns away? And, did you see the update?

No one's guns were taken, the school made the required kowtow to the almighty gun, and life went on as it always does.

Seriously, this is the kind of horror story that gun owners tell each other at bed time? This is the kind of thing that makes you fear for the loss of your precious lead spitters?
I thought it exemplified:
  • the mindset of people who consider hunting barbaric and who would ban the "murder" of animals if they could, and
  • the people so hoplophobic that the very representation of a gun leads them to feel threatened.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
  • the mindset of people who consider hunting barbaric and who would ban the "murder" of animals if they could, and
  • the people so hoplophobic that the very representation of a gun leads them to feel threatened.
So you're engaged in hyperbolic nutpicking.

Weak.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Yes, those theoretical people suck. Now, how many of them are in a position such that they can influence gun laws to the point that there is a real threat of hunting rifles being taken away? How reasonable is your fear of losing access to hunting rifles, based on the actions of some elementary school teacher in some backwater school district?
Old 01-20-2017, 11:07 PM
Charter Member

How reasonable is your fear that now that Donald Trump is President, American society will regress to a 1920s level of conservatism, discrimination and oppression? Hyperbole indeed.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
How reasonable is your fear that now that Donald Trump is President, American society will regress to a 1920s level of conservatism, discrimination and oppression? Hyperbole indeed.
Huh? I don't recall everything I've posted here, so help me out. Where did I say that? Also, even if i did, how is that relevant to this discussion? I have an unreasonable fear of insects, too. That doesn't in any way invalidate my point.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:43 PM

A Missouri man has been charged with shooting another man. The responsible gun owner, 23 year old Karl Henson, was attempting to sell a cell phone to another man. The buyer allegedly took off running without paying for the phone. Sensing a prime opportunity for the elusive Defensive Gun Use, Henson chased the thief, firing seven shots as the man fled. One bullet struck the thief in the heel. When arrested, Henson told police he believed he was justified in the shooting under Missouri's new "Stand Your Ground" law.

One hopes Henson's well regulated militia takes this as a teaching moment and uses their next training session to go over the law as well as proper techniques for firing a weapon while running.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...ampaign=LEEDCC
Old 01-26-2017, 06:09 PM
BANNED

Responsible gun owner my foot. There's no threat if the suspect is running away from you unless he's shooting at you as he run.

Last edited by SigMan; 01-26-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:17 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigMan View Post
Responsible gun owner my foot. There's no threat if the suspect is running away from you unless he's shooting at you as he run.
Presumably, prior to this incident, the shooter was a law abiding gun owner. What caused him to suddenly break bad, and what can we do to prevent such persons from getting guns in the first place?
Old 01-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Huh? I don't recall everything I've posted here, so help me out. Where did I say that? Also, even if i did, how is that relevant to this discussion? I have an unreasonable fear of insects, too. That doesn't in any way invalidate my point.
You insisted that my original post:
Quote:
No one wants to take your hunting rifles away?

"Teacher shames young hunter at NE OH school: "Killing animals is not what we do""
https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/teac...not-what-we-do
meant that I was claiming that gun owners were in imminent danger of having their guns confiscated. My point (I even tried- apparently unsuccessfully- to explain it to you) was that the argument that there's a floor below which the demands for gun banning will end is untrue: ban all guns but rifles and shotguns for hunting, and there'll be people crying for banning those too.

I await with weary resignation your misinterpreting this post too.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Presumably, prior to this incident, the shooter was a law abiding gun owner. What caused him to suddenly break bad, and what can we do to prevent such persons from getting guns in the first place?
The man was apparently under the misapprehension that the new law permitted the use of lethal force to prevent the commission of a felony. Stupidly, criminally uninformed but I wouldn't call it breaking bad.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
You insisted that my original post:meant that I was claiming that gun owners were in imminent danger of having their guns confiscated. My point (I even tried- apparently unsuccessfully- to explain it to you) was that the argument that there's a floor below which the demands for gun banning will end is untrue: ban all guns but rifles and shotguns for hunting, and there'll be people crying for banning those too.

I await with weary resignation your misinterpreting this post too.
You know what? I'll drop it. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:07 AM

Quote:
A 79-year-old resident of a senior apartment complex in St. Louis believed that an assistant manager of the complex had stolen money from his apartment. The resident, who we can only assume was a good guy with a gun up to this point, confronted the assistant manager and shot her in the chest, killing her.
... So...defensive gun use?
The legal standard for self-defense is, I think, whether a typical gun owner would feel threatened. By now it's clear that the typical gun owner is paranoid that any given human might suddenly metamorphize into a giant fire-breathing dragon who wants to butt-fuck the gun owner. So ...

Not guilty!
Please post this heroic encounter in the Good Gun News thread.

Last edited by septimus; 01-27-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:08 AM

Quote:
The man was apparently under the misapprehension that the new law permitted the use of lethal force to prevent the commission of a felony. Stupidly, criminally uninformed but I wouldn't call it breaking bad.
Let's set aside the law and gun owners' ignorance thereof, and focus on the underlying moral issue.

Is murder an appropriate response to theft?
Old 01-27-2017, 04:17 AM

For those still looking for predictors of which states voted for Trump, gun deaths work:

The 7 deadliest states (and 19 of the top 21 -- all except NM and NV), as rated by gun deaths per capita, voted for Trump.
The 8 least deadly states (and 12 of the lowest 14 -- all except WI and IA) voted for Clinton.

These are not minor differences. Blue Massachusetts had only 3.2 gun deaths per 100,000 people. Red Louisiana scored a whopping six times as many -- 19 deaths per 100,000.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Let's set aside the law and gun owners' ignorance thereof, and focus on the underlying moral issue.

Is murder an appropriate response to theft?
To those with his complex, the underlying moral issue is simply Good Guys vs. Bad Guys. Thieves are Bad Guys, and therefore do not have a right to anything, including their own lives. But killing them does not make a Good Guy any less of a Good Guy; in fact it's required of one. And oneself is always a Good Guy by definition.

That about cover it, Lumpy?
Old 01-27-2017, 03:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
To those with his complex, the underlying moral issue is simply Good Guys vs. Bad Guys. Thieves are Bad Guys, and therefore do not have a right to anything, including their own lives. But killing them does not make a Good Guy any less of a Good Guy; in fact it's required of one. And oneself is always a Good Guy by definition.

That about cover it, Lumpy?
Do not put words in my mouth; you're starting to sound (and look, and smell) like THIS.

The shooter in question is in trouble because he did NOT have the legal right to shoot someone just to prevent a theft. That reflects currents standards of justice.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:53 PM

George Carlin offers his opinion of gun enthusiasts.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:59 PM

In St Louis, a six year old girl was shot by another child while the adults in the house slept. Sometime around 1:30 AM, the girl was shot, apparently by one of the other children in the house. The other children were aged 3, 4, and 9.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...ampaign=LEEDCC

On a personal note, I just learned the other day that when my children were being cared for at my mother's house, there was a loaded revolver lying on the floor in one of the cabinets. My destitute, recently deceased brother lived with my mom. I knew he had a few guns in his closet. I was aware of the unloaded rifles and shotgun. But when we were going through his stuff after his death, I discovered the handgun lying there. Loaded. No trigger lock. Nothing. My kids are 3 and 5. So allow me one last "fuck you" to my brother. He brought constant pain to everyone around him. He was a prick when he was drunk. He was a prick when he was sober. Coulda been worse, though. He might have let my beautiful children get their hands on a FUCKING MURDER TOOL! Fuck you, you stupid, thoughtless, careless ass.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:48 PM
BANNED

As a responsible gun owner I say amen to that.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:16 PM

I missed this one last time I skimmed the thread:

Quote:
Since the guy was a cop, how do you suppose this could have been prevented?
Lumpy thinks he's got a fine Gotcha, but actually just demonstrates in another way that gun fetishism is a substitute for thinking.

There are plenty of sickening stories about Americans shot by non-cops. Stupid shootings involving cops deserve special attention because they demonstrate more thoroughly and poignantly how sick America's gun culture has become. I, for one, have no particular gun control agenda and would be happy just to awaken nuts like Lumpy to see how sick their culture has become. When instead they implicitly applaud the death of a toddler because his dad was a cop, I just shake my head in disbelief.

Damuri Ajashi makes the same stupid "point" as Lumpy.

Quote:
In St Louis, a six year old girl was shot by another child while the adults in the house slept.
I didn't click: Was the victim's daddy a cop? If so, this story does not qualify as "Stupid gun news" according to the NRA experts who generously give of their time to keep this thread honest.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Lumpy thinks he's got a fine Gotcha, but actually just demonstrates in another way that gun fetishism is a substitute for thinking.

There are plenty of sickening stories about Americans shot by non-cops. Stupid shootings involving cops deserve special attention because they demonstrate more thoroughly and poignantly how sick America's gun culture has become. I, for one, have no particular gun control agenda and would be happy just to awaken nuts like Lumpy to see how sick their culture has become. When instead they implicitly applaud the death of a toddler because his dad was a cop, I just shake my head in disbelief.
HOW THE F*** do you get "implicitly applaud the death of a toddler because his dad was a cop" out of anything I said? ETA: words fail me.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
HOW THE F*** do you get "implicitly applaud the death of a toddler because his dad was a cop" out of anything I said? ETA: words fail me.
You're the one who wrote
"Since the guy was a cop, how do you suppose this could have been prevented?"
What in heaven's name was that comment supposed to mean? The shooting could have been prevented if idiots and gun nuts weren't admitted to police forces. The shooting could have been prevented if safety training were mandated for gun owners, including cops. The shooting would have been avoided by default in a sane country, i.e. one without America's obsession with guns Guns GUNS!!

Yet you wrote
What in heaven's name was the intent or purpose of this sentence?

Of course my "implicitly applaud the death of a toddler because his dad was a cop" was somewhat hyperbolic (HOW THE F*** can you be sentient enough to tie your shoelaces and not have realized that? ) but your glorification of guns, acceptance of toddler deaths in the fight against gun grabbers () and condoning abuses by police certainly did cause me to whack my head, wondering what possible "argument" you thought you were making here.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
You're the one who wrote
What in heaven's name was that comment supposed to mean? The shooting could have been prevented if idiots and gun nuts weren't admitted to police forces. The shooting could have been prevented if safety training were mandated for gun owners, including cops. The shooting would have been avoided by default in a sane country, i.e. one without America's obsession with guns Guns GUNS!!.
OK, I'd presumed that the point of the original post was that guns are ok for police but not for everyone else. I see now that was a misapprehension- my bad.

As for the contention that a yahoo attitude towards guns is responsible for gun deaths and injuries, I would respond that plain old carelessness and irresponsibility is a bigger factor than a specific outlook on firearms. Too many gun owners think that children won't find it there, only to be tragically wrong. And btw, you think police don't receive gun safety training?
Old 02-14-2017, 11:56 AM

Don't mistake me for one who is interested in any political debate about guns. Gun control is a losing issue; we should acquiesce and just give every American a hand gun on his or her 9th birthday(*) or whatever it is the NRA wants. Since most gun deaths are of a gun owner or its genetic kin, one can argue that gun deaths, and therefore gun ownership, have a useful positive effect on the gene pool!

I skim this thread mainly for recreation. The sanctimonious stupidity of the gun nuts is entertaining ... and instructive: these are often the same people who brought us the Donald for President.

(* - No, I don't really think the NRA advocates this. Sheeesh; you gun nuts are so obsessed and have such narrow cognition that you can't even recognize sarcasm.)
Old 02-14-2017, 12:24 PM

I think gun control is a losing issue for Democrats, and both political and legal/Constitutional barriers make gun control (which is far different than gun banning) almost impossible without a big sea change in societal attitudes.

Just thinking about it with some common sense, I don't worry about the "good guys" with a gun. I worry about the idiots with a gun. And I've known a lot more folks who frequently act like idiots (whether due to alcohol, drugs, machismo, poor judgment, clumsiness, or whatever) than who demonstrate the level of responsibility necessary to prevent ~99.99% of gun accidents and tragedies. I'm curious if conservatives/2nd-amendment-absolutists/NRA types disagree with me about how many idiots are out there, or accept this as a necessary trade-off for full rights?
Old 02-15-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
I missed this one last time I skimmed the thread:

Damuri Ajashi makes the same stupid "point" as Lumpy.
So I'm applauding the death of toddlers when I point out that short of disarming our police, we are still going to see some accidental shootings like this? Its criminal negligence to be sure but what law would you propose that would have prevented this? I mean, its already illegal to leave a gun where a kid can their hands on it.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
You're the one who wrote
What in heaven's name was that comment supposed to mean? The shooting could have been prevented if idiots and gun nuts weren't admitted to police forces. The shooting could have been prevented if safety training were mandated for gun owners, including cops.
Quote:
Of course my "implicitly applaud the death of a toddler because his dad was a cop" was somewhat hyperbolic
Because its a pretty offensive thing to say (even for the pit) and there are other posters here who have posted similar sentiments without their tongue in their cheek. Just go back to the period immediately following Sandy Hook.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Don't mistake me for one who is interested in any political debate about guns.
Yeah, your posts seem pretty neutral on the issue. They don't invite debate at all.

Quote:
Gun control is a losing issue; we should acquiesce and just give every American a hand gun on his or her 9th birthday(*) or whatever it is the NRA wants. Since most gun deaths are of a gun owner or its genetic kin, one can argue that gun deaths, and therefore gun ownership, have a useful positive effect on the gene pool!
cite?

This seems like another one of those myths perpetuated by the gun grabbers at the violence policy institute.

[quote]I skim this thread mainly for recreation. The sanctimonious stupidity of the gun nuts is entertaining ... and instructive: these are often the same people who brought us the Donald for President.

Quote:
(* - No, I don't really think the NRA advocates this. Sheeesh; you gun nuts are so obsessed and have such narrow cognition that you can't even recognize sarcasm.)
Because there are in fact gun grabbers that actually hold the positions of your caricature of gun grabbers, Poe's law kicks in whenever you attempt to use sarcasm or "hyperbole.

The gun nuts I know who voted for Trump were mostly voting against Hillary. She made gun control a central element of her general campaign when she didn't have to.

I can sort of understand her running on gun control during her primary campaign because it was the only issue where she was to the left of Bernie. But then she carried it into her general campaign and gun control was highlighted during the Democratic National Convention.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Charter Member

Incredible.

Quote:
Hunters charged in Texas shooting had blamed immigrants.

PRESIDIO, Texas – Two hunters accused in a shooting on a remote Texas ranch near the Mexican border had told authorities that they were attacked by immigrants who had entered the country illegally.

Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez told Odessa television KOSA that a grand jury indicted Michael Bryant and Walker Daugherty last week on charges of using deadly conduct by discharging firearms in the direction of others.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:

Well they do need to defend themselves against all those grizzly bears
Old 02-20-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
  • the mindset of people who consider hunting barbaric and who would ban the "murder" of animals if they could,
It's OK though, they buy their meats from the store, so no animals are harmed
Old 02-21-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasg View Post
Wait. Did those guys shoot each other just so they could blame illegal aliens? There's got to be more to it than that.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Wait. Did those guys shoot each other just so they could blame illegal aliens? There's got to be more to it than that.
You underestimate the power of hate and bigotry.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
More details here.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-co...friendly-fire/

Quote:
Investigators believe the gunfire was sparked when Daugherty thought undocumented immigrants were inside the RV that Roberts and his wife were staying in during a hunting trip, attempting to kidnap them. Daugherty allegedly tried to enter the RV, and that’s when the shootout began.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:53 PM

I wonder if someone will end up posting this in "Positive Gun News of the Day."

11-year-old girl's death helps saves life of cousin in need of kidney
Old 02-21-2017, 03:10 PM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
I wonder if someone will end up posting this in "Positive Gun News of the Day."

11-year-old girl's death helps saves life of cousin in need of kidney
Wonder no more-I have delivered the good news about her kidney donation to that thread.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
A rare case of two good guys with guns and no bad guys with guns at all. Don't you see? They had to shoot each other!
Old 02-21-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Wonder no more-I have delivered the good news about her kidney donation to that thread.
Unsubtle troll is unsubtle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Thoughts View Post
This feels like subtle ways to derail the thread or go against it to me. Let's avoid the double, backhanded links like from here on, please.
And slapped down considerably more gently than deserved.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:05 PM

One or more boys walk on the lawn of an off-duty Los Angeles cop, so the cop drags a young boy off, and eventually pulls his gun and fires. Police arrested two of the boys, but D.A. declined to charge.

This story belongs in the 'Guns are so very wonderful' thread — nobody gets hit by a bullet (and the kids definitely stop trespassing when they hear the gunshot!) — but I've been admonished not to post there.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:19 PM
Charter Member

We get it already: you not only don't agree with gun ownership, you believe anyone who does is worthy of scorn and derision.

The snark is getting old.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
We get it already: you not only don't agree with gun ownership, you believe anyone who does is worthy of scorn and derision.

The snark is getting old.
In your zeal to show dislike for me, you've left us in doubt about what your contribution to this story is. Is it a 'Guns are so very wonderful' story or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
A rare case of two good guys with guns and no bad guys with guns at all. Don't you see? They had to shoot each other!
How about that one? Two fine citizens doing their part in defending our borders as a "Militia ... necessary to the security of a free State" ?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
In your zeal to show dislike for me, you've left us in doubt about what your contribution to this story is. Is it a 'Guns are so very wonderful' story or not?
If the story had involved 16+ year olds, rather than 13 year olds, and if there hadn't been video evidence to back up the kids against the cop's word, it probably would be considered a justified DGU. There are plenty of posts in the positive news thread that are about someone using a gun to protect property.

It would probably be "Thugs vandalize and trespass on officer's property, then assaulted the officer. Officer drew and fired his weapon once. No injuries."

As the quite a number (probably the majority, but I'm not going through and counting) of DGU's in that thread have only the word of the shooter that it was justified, I do think that without the video evidence that this officer was lying, it probably would have made it.

As far as the 11 year-old goes, I wasn't seriously suggesting that it should be posted in there, as it is obvious that that thread is only for feel good stories about guns, and anything that casts any sort of negative shadow on the use of those toys could upset or trigger the fairly delicate sensibilities of gun owners, so certainly should not go there. At the same time though, it literally was positive news that occurred because of an incident with a gun, and falls very well under the OP's "This is a thread to bring up another aspect of gun ownership - positive news. I post it in this forum instead of in the Pit since it really is not any kind of statistical analysis, just mindless data points to share. Hopefully people can add their own positive news items relating to firearms. ", were it not for the fact that then they would have to acknowledge that their toys ended the life of an innocent child.

Hell, if I were a parent of a recipient of that child's organs, I would have posted in that thread completely unsarcastically, as it would be very good news to me.

Quote:
How about that one? Two fine citizens doing their part in defending our borders as a "Militia ... necessary to the security of a free State" ?
That fits. If it were not proven that these responsible gun owners were absolute liars, then the story probably would have gone in there as "Two texas campers sustain injuries from illegal immigrants ambushing and attempting to kidnap their families, but protect their families and drive them off with their guns. DGU with no deaths."
Old 02-23-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
One or more boys walk on the lawn of an off-duty Los Angeles cop, so the cop drags a young boy off, and eventually pulls his gun and fires. Police arrested two of the boys, but D.A. declined to charge.

This story belongs in the 'Guns are so very wonderful' thread — nobody gets hit by a bullet (and the kids definitely stop trespassing when they hear the gunshot!) — but I've been admonished not to post there.
What the fuck????

That asshole should be fired. he should be charged with everything that might possibly apply. The cops who sided with him and arrested the boys should face charges. And they ALL should have a black mark on their record, so they fail every background check from now until hell freezes over... I state that as a "pro-gun" person.

I like the 2nd Amendment, but some people should not have guns OR authority.

Last edited by SteveG1; 02-23-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:37 AM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Armed men with masks and tactical vests walk into a police station. Anyone here not think the police were perfectly justified in their reaction?