Old 05-16-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russian heel View Post
If you use grammar correction to win and argument you lost.
This should be "...to win an argument..."
Old 05-16-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
This should be "...to win an argument..."

Now I’m 2-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I am amused that OP thinks his Twitter absence will be sorely missed.

I am further amused that he shares a Twitter banning ignominy (if not notoriety) with the likes of Milo Yiannopoulos, Louis Farrakhan and Alex Jones.

Your mother must be so proud, RH.

I doubt anyone will miss me. I enjoy using the app.

Leave my mother out of it.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Now Iím 2-0.

WINNING!

You are Charlie Sheen and I claim my five pounds.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:43 PM

Come on, let the poor guy have his moment.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
When you do kindly point out Posts 17 and 18 where I was personally attacked.

I said in the OP I wasnít going over the content of the Tweet because it has nothing to do with how to get back on Twitter. So why ask for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
Because explaining WHY you got banned in the first place might HELP you get back. Duh.
Quote:
How?
Well, maybe it wouldn't. But it might get your fellow Dopers to come around to your view that you've been treated shabbily.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
Since there is an ongoing thread here about the vital role of the comma in the English language, I feel I would be remiss in not pointing out the linguistic offensiveness in that run-on comma-deprived sentence.

I mean, really, russian heel, how can you not see the essential difference between your linguistically careening "When you do kindly point out ..." and the civil and comprehensible "When you do, kindly point out ...".

You're welcome. Perhaps that is why you were banned from Twitter.
Nah, I think it was because all of his tweets ended with
Quote:
Old 05-16-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Well, maybe it wouldn't. But it might get your fellow Dopers to come around to your view that you've been treated shabbily.

I wasn’t asking for sympathy.

I asked a simple question and in true fashion for this message board got skewered for it. Way too many smug jerks around here.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enginerd View Post
WINNING!

You are Charlie Sheen and I claim my five pounds.
Someday, no one is going to get this.

This is not that day.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
Come on, let the poor guy have his moment.
He also used a Midnight Run clip as an insult. He can't be all bad.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:23 PM

Banned from Twitter, enjoy! For a better life: you are in much better company now.
Some day you may even become a better person. And all thanks to a tasteless joke, who'd-a thunk! Congratulations!
Now try to get banned from Instabrat, Faecesbook, WhatsApp and the IRS and you will approach nirvana.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I wasnít asking for sympathy.

I asked a simple question and in true fashion for this message board got skewered for it. Way too many smug jerks around here.

You got your answer already: to get back on Twitter try tricks to fool the Twitter system about your identity, and oh yeah this discussion forum isn't particularly happy with conversations about trying to get around bans from discussion forums.

Since the question is answered, what do you expect us to post about? Just repeating the same thing over and over? Fine, I will: oh yeah this discussion forum isn't particularly happy with conversations about trying to get around bans from discussion forums.

Also, your continued recalcitrance regarding admitting what you said that got you banned has now fully convinced me that your comment was in fact not innocent and you in fact deserved to get banned, and thus shouldn't be getting back on there anyway. Cheers!
Old 05-17-2019, 07:44 PM

I just want to point out that there are perfectly legitimate uses for VPN. I use it to connect to my university to get (entirely legal) access to the online journals they subscribe to. I know it can be used for illegal purposes, but then so can kitchen knives.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbert2 View Post
You got your answer already: to get back on Twitter try tricks to fool the Twitter system about your identity, and oh yeah this discussion forum isn't particularly happy with conversations about trying to get around bans from discussion forums.

Since the question is answered, what do you expect us to post about? Just repeating the same thing over and over? Fine, I will: oh yeah this discussion forum isn't particularly happy with conversations about trying to get around bans from discussion forums.

Also, your continued recalcitrance regarding admitting what you said that got you banned has now fully convinced me that your comment was in fact not innocent and you in fact deserved to get banned, and thus shouldn't be getting back on there anyway. Cheers!

You know the real reason you and others want to know the content of the Tweet. One of the geeks here will go on Twitter to look for the comment using a search bot to find out my Twitter handle, which will then turn into a fresh mocking of every single thing I ever posted there. Don’t say it’s not so I’ve already been attacked like a pack a hyenas for asking one simple question.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I think I prefer being a weasel to a snake. They're furry and sort of cute, in a murderous way.
I miss spice weasel. *tear*
Old 05-17-2019, 08:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Donít say itís not so
It's not so.

Seriously. People were trying to help you. If we knew exactly what you did, we might be able to advise you better. No ulterior motive.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
You know the real reason you and others want to know the content of the Tweet. One of the geeks here will go on Twitter to look for the comment using a search bot to find out my Twitter handle, which will then turn into a fresh mocking of every single thing I ever posted there. Donít say itís not so Iíve already been attacked like a pack a hyenas for asking one simple question.

Do you really feel so persecuted by the "geeks here"?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
You know the real reason you and others want to know the content of the Tweet. One of the geeks here will go on Twitter to look for the comment using a search bot to find out my Twitter handle, which will then turn into a fresh mocking of every single thing I ever posted there. Donít say itís not so Iíve already been attacked like a pack a hyenas for asking one simple question.

Dear heart, you thought one of my posts was insulting you, so you called me a moron using a Youtube clip. I don't need to look through your Twitterfeed to find things to mock you about.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Quote:
I wasnít asking for sympathy.
Fair enough.

Quote:
OTOH, some sympathy for your plight might incline a body to provide you with a useful answer to your simple question.

Also, a nitpick: you seem to have asked TWO questions.
Quote:
Is there a tertiary appeals process? Is there a work around?
Answering the second one in any detail appears on its surface to violate SDMB policy. I hope you're able to find an answer to your first one. I, alas, do not have it.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:30 AM

Poor persecuted russian heel, attacked for just asking a question. Don't look at any of his other posts in this thread or others; the reason for the "attacks" is definitely just that simple question.

Last edited by TroutMan; 05-18-2019 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:55 AM

Well gee with an attitude like that, I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that his appeal didn't work!

Psst -- heads up: if your account is banned, your posts are gone, so why anyone would go to the trouble of using a search bot (Da'fuck?) is beyond me. Unless it's just paranoia. But hey, you do you.

Last edited by Guinastasia; 05-18-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:23 PM

I am a nasty horrible person on Twitter. It’s the one place where I allow myself to vent my frustrations. My posts are often obscene and slanderous and most of them include the hashtag #daughterfucker or some variation thereof.

I keep expecting to be banned, or at least chastised or warned, yet it has never happened.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I am a nasty horrible person on Twitter. Itís the one place where I allow myself to vent my frustrations. My posts are often obscene and slanderous and most of them include the hashtag #daughterfucker or some variation thereof.

I keep expecting to be banned, or at least chastised or warned, yet it has never happened.
If they ever warn you, you have my permission to switch out #daughterfucker for #America-hatingfuckstick. it's not like I took out a trademark on the term.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:55 PM

I can't think of any forum where people would want to help you get unbanned without knowing what you said. People don't want to help if they think the banning was just.

It's nothing special about this board.