Old 02-10-2020, 05:36 PM

I see that my above post could have come across as dismissive of your post that preceeded it, it wasn't intended that way. Seriously, how is she still involved in the Democratic race? There are really Democrats that are pulling for her? That's crazy.

Last edited by bobot; 02-10-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Tulsi supports Individual 1's firing of Colonel Vindman.
https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabba...there-1486525?
OMFG.

And the push to help her spoil the election for Trump's benefit is moving on apace:

Quote:
Libertarian Gary Johnson offers 'whatever I can do' to help Tulsi Gabbard in New Hampshire amid third party talk around the candidate
Jake Lahut Feb 9, 2020, 3:23 PM

...Johnson's support came the same day that Gabbard responded to an audience question that she would be "receptive to a third party" in front of a room that included many independent and Libertarian voters.
https://www.businessinsider.com/gabb...rs-help-2020-2
Old 02-11-2020, 08:17 AM

Is she trying to lose? Seems that way. Maybe she is a short seller of her own stock.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:51 PM
Charter Member

Once again, Tulsi demonstrates that she is part of the problem. Now she's stoking the anti-Muslim pogrom in India. Disgusting!
Old 03-11-2020, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Do a Google News search for Tulsi on any given day, and find that the only sites taking her side are the usual suspects... Washington Times, Fox News, the Federalist...

I mean how painfully obvious does it have to be that she's nothing but a Republican stalking horse? Who does she think she's kidding?
Old 03-11-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna View Post
Do a Google News search for Tulsi on any given day, and find that the only sites taking her side are the usual suspects... Washington Times, Fox News, the Federalist...

I mean how painfully obvious does it have to be that she's nothing but a Republican stalking horse? Who does she think she's kidding?
About 2-3% of our citizens, who will vote for her as an independent candidate in the general election over Biden. Funded no doubt by Russians Republicans.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:30 PM
Charter Member

I think you're being far too generous; she's only won two delegates in the Democratic primaries so far. I doubt she will even get on the national ballot in November, not unless she's backed by one of the minor third parties.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:04 PM

It may be that the effort has not been as successful as those who are assisting her to mount a campaign had hoped, but I do believe her intended role was/is to peel off a few percentage points from Dems in the general election. I've not heard anyone offer any other explanation for her continued participation. I'd love to hear one.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:46 AM

A temporary respite from fretting over the useless toxicity that she is - quick little Onion ditty about an obscure rule granting nomination to whoever wins 0.7% of the vote in Missouri.
Nice concluding apology.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:03 AM
Charter Member

Whoa, stop the presses, she just quit. Endorsed Biden too after having made her name as a Sanderista, badmouthing Hillary and all. I did not foresee that wrinkle.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Whoa, stop the presses, she just quit. Endorsed Biden too after having made her name as a Sanderista, badmouthing Hillary and all. I did not foresee that wrinkle.
Ha! That's a surprise. I guess she decided she wanted a future in the party. Good for her!
Old 03-19-2020, 10:29 AM

Warren is only major candidate who has not endorsed Sanders or Biden since super Tuesday.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Thank goodness. The woman is a loon. I was afraid she was going to run 3rd party and mess things up in the general election.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:14 PM

It's a thrill a minute with Tulsi!
None of it makes any sense. But then, it hasn;t made any sense from the beginning, so why start now?
Old 03-19-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Drains View Post
Warren is only major candidate who has not endorsed Sanders or Biden since super Tuesday.
Wrong thread. This thread isn't about major candidates. It's about Tulsi.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Turbo View Post
Wrong thread. This thread isn't about major candidates. It's about Tulsi.
Ha ha, good answer!
Old 03-19-2020, 04:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
TG: “Hello, Mr. Vice President. It’s Tulsi. I wanted to let you know I was dropping out of the race.”
JB: “Who is this?”
TG: “Tulsi. Gabbard. Tulsi Gabbard... congratulations on your wins, and I want to know that I’m ready to endorse you.”
JB: “I don’t remember you from any of the debates... are you sure you have the right number, Jack?”
TG: “uhhh... so I plan to release a statement soon. I think it will really help unify our party.”
JB: “That’s okay. Don’t need it. Look, I got a... [makes phone noise with his mouth] phone call from Don Styer or whatever that guy is called that I just gotta take. Smell ya later, gator.”
Old 03-20-2020, 02:18 AM

After DJT imposes martial law, jails dissidents for their own safety, and embarks on his imperial conquests, Tulsi can be High Commissar of Hawai'i. Unless it was promised to Barron. Okay, she can have Samoa. Not the islands - Bloomberg won-em. No, the fishing town on Humboldt Bay in California's redwood-cannabis-grunge country. Major oyster beds are there, with enough earthquakes and tsunamis for excitement on a dull afternoon. Outbreak was filmed near there in Ferndale so the epidemic connection is vivid. Go, Ms Commissar!
Old 03-20-2020, 02:53 AM

What took her so long? Why did she stay in it so long? I don’t get it.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Cheap publicity as well as some TV appearances. I’m sure she’s looking at a Fox News job
Old 03-20-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalej42 View Post
Cheap publicity as well as some TV appearances. I’m sure she’s looking at a Fox News job
Probably so.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:44 PM
BANNED

Good thing she dropped out. I mean, she was so close to winning the nomination and breaking the hearts of Gaffey Joe fans, everywhere.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CairoCarol View Post
Thank goodness. The woman is a loon. I was afraid she was going to run 3rd party and mess things up in the general election.
She still could and might?
Old 03-21-2020, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senegoid View Post
She still could and might?
First she must seduce Bloomberg, Bezos, the remaining Koch, or some other zillionaire to finance a mega-campaign to glue her compelling image to every voting eyeball in the nation. I'd look for mailers doused in mindbending chemicals inducing attitude flips, modeled on the anthrax mailers of a generation ago. "Touch this postcard and you're Tulsi's!" Right.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioRico View Post
After DJT imposes martial law, jails dissidents for their own safety, and embarks on his imperial conquests, Tulsi can be High Commissar of Hawai'i. Unless it was promised to Barron. Okay, she can have Samoa. Not the islands - Bloomberg won-em. No, the fishing town on Humboldt Bay in California's redwood-cannabis-grunge country. Major oyster beds are there, with enough earthquakes and tsunamis for excitement on a dull afternoon. Outbreak was filmed near there in Ferndale so the epidemic connection is vivid. Go, Ms Commissar!
Waitaminute...

...suppose Tulsi and Hawaii both were promised to Barron?
Old 03-21-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
Waitaminute...

...suppose Tulsi and Hawaii both were promised to Barron?
I get that this is intended as humor but seriously, man, this is really fucking creepy, particularly as Barron just turned 14 yesterday.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
I get that this is intended as humor but seriously, man, this is really fucking creepy, particularly as Barron just turned 14 yesterday.
Correct. Superdude, that was reprehensible. The kind of stuff that makes the environment unfriendly to women. Bash the administration for its arrogant idiocy and depravity. Bash Tulsi for her crap politics. But leave the creep factor out, please.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:14 PM

Wow, I completely missed this news that Gabbard had dropped out. At last. I'm another who is surprised but relieved she has done this, and her Biden endorsement is also a welcome surprise. She'd have a hard time running a third party campaign now. I think dalej42 has it right... she's headed to a Fox spot.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Correct. Superdude, that was reprehensible. The kind of stuff that makes the environment unfriendly to women. Bash the administration for its arrogant idiocy and depravity. Bash Tulsi for her crap politics. But leave the creep factor out, please.
I'll withdraw the comment, and cop to it being tone-deaf, but I'll disagree with your characterization of it as reprehensible. It's not worth hijacking the thread for, though.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Vlad pulled the plug on her.