Old 03-20-2020, 06:24 PM

Where would be the easiest place to get a disc copy of Resident Evil 3 on April 3rd?

Eagerly anticipating the game but the fact I live in California means we're in lock down and I don't really know how I would acquire it. From what I understand Amazon may not stock it due to it being non-essential, physical GameStops may also start closing due to being non-essential and I don't know if their warehouses where they ship games purchased online would even be open, and from what I hear superstores like Target and Walmart are getting slammed by traditional shoppers whom I don't want to deal with mass crowds in these conditions.

The obvious solution is to get the digital version but I live with a roommate and since we're both staying at home due to the state wide order I thought a disc version would be better since me and him could share it and not waste $60 buying two digital copies.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:30 PM

Honestly, a shipper like Amazon may be your only option. But as far as I know they are still sending "non-essential" items it's just that they may be delayed. All the stores are closed so you're pretty much out of luck there. Though you might be able to drive to Nevada. No idea if it's different there.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:44 PM

Amazon has two types of selling: Prime and Marketplace. Prime shipping (handled by Amazon itself is being delayed for non-essentials). Marketplace (shipping handled by the individual sellers) is not. So try an Amazon Marketplace seller, eBay or an online website specializing in this stuff.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Eagerly anticipating the game but the fact I live in California means we're in lock down and I don't really know how I would acquire it. From what I understand Amazon may not stock it due to it being non-essential, physical GameStops may also start closing due to being non-essential and I don't know if their warehouses where they ship games purchased online would even be open, and from what I hear superstores like Target and Walmart are getting slammed by traditional shoppers whom I don't want to deal with mass crowds in these conditions.

The obvious solution is to get the digital version but I live with a roommate and since we're both staying at home due to the state wide order I thought a disc version would be better since me and him could share it and not waste $60 buying two digital copies.
Usually games these days still have an online component, even if the install media is on disc; I can't recall one for quite a while now that I could get and install on multiple machines without having to log in and validate or something along those lines.

I can't imagine that Resident Evil 3 won't work like that as well, so you may be stuck getting multiple copies anyway.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:42 PM
Charter Member

Best Buy is currently open for pick up only. I picked up some network cable two days ago that way.
1) Order and pay online. Indicate which store you want to go to to pick up your stuff.
2) When you get the text saying your stuff is ready, drive over to the parking lot.
3) Employee with face mask yells at you to get your name and item, then brings it out to your car and places it either in your trunk or back seat, depending on your preference.
4) Drive off.

Whether or not they'll still be doing this in California on April 3, who knows. Currently they are taking pre-orders for physical copies with store pickup available.

Last edited by ChockFullOfHeadyGoodness; 03-27-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChockFullOfHeadyGoodness View Post
Best Buy is currently open for pick up only. I picked up some network cable two days ago that way.
1) Order and pay online. Indicate which store you want to go to to pick up your stuff.
2) When you get the text saying your stuff is ready, drive over to the parking lot.
3) Employee with face mask yells at you to get your name and item, then brings it out to your car and places it either in your trunk or back seat, depending on your preference.
4) Drive off.

Whether or not they'll still be doing this in California on April 3, who knows. Currently they are taking pre-orders for physical copies with store pickup available.
I looked into this, apparently my local Best Buy is still doing pick-up mobile orders so I wound up buying the game for $60 online and it comes with an exclusive steel-case book too, so thanks!