Old 03-25-2020, 08:04 PM

Brodie Lee took a few more shots at Vince. He emulated Vince eating steak and scolding his underlings for sneezing. Vince is said to consider sneezing a sign of weakness.

I dig the wrestling meta.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:04 AM
Charter Member

Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns is off the card due to Roman being concerned about contracting coronavirus due to his compromised immune system.

It's also being reported that Dana Brooke and Rey Mysterio have self-quarantined and that a number of other talents are showing symptoms and likely won't make the show either.

This is quickly turning into the most cursed supercard in wrestling history.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:59 AM
Charter Member

Supposedly there is a bunch of taped stuff, but Roman Reigns being out is big. That was a marquee match [almost said marquis ]. I think McIntyre/Lesnar has much more potential given Goldberg's lack of talent, but as much as I like McIntyre, Reigns is a bigger name. The article I read said WWE supports Reigns' decision, but I can't help but to think Vince is furious. Vince is not the most understanding person when it comes to illness-related issues.

Cornette, in his in-infinite wisdom, thinks holding WrestleMania is the absolute worse decision McMahon has made. My own personal opinion is that there are simply no good decisions that could have been made. I don't know how much longer TV can continue as it is, nor do I know if this will hurt ratings even after we return to normal.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Strowman is now Goldberg's opponent, and from what I'm reading the whole shows have been taped already so they could get it done before FL's stay-home order went into effect. Miz, Paige, and Lawler have also reportedly self-quarantined. Andrade is also out with an injury, and Austin Theory (!) is now Angel Garza's partner for their title match against the Street Profits.

I requested the weekend off long before things went south, and I'm honestly looking forward to how completely surreal and bizarre this show is going to be.

Last edited by Smapti; 03-27-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:21 AM

SD last night still promoted Roman vs Goldberg, and replayed his WM match with HHH from 5 years ago. They also made Miz & Morrison vs New Day and the Usos, but looks like that's going to change. Replace Miz with Bobby Roode maybe?
Old 03-28-2020, 01:03 PM
Charter Member

I guess they aren't staffed enough for last minute edits. Did Asuka and Miz get hurt in this taping? Asuka has a bunch of YouTube videos about staying in Orlando and she seems fine. This will be one strange WrestleMania.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:12 PM

Miz and Morrison got on commentary when ND took on the Usos, then interfered in the match, so there was little occasion for Miz to get injured.

Asuka didn't use the mist vs Alexa, and Kari Sane didn't come out with her. I guess the women's championship tag match will be a bust.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:21 PM

Any of you resemble Darby Allin? If you cosplay as him, you could win his coffin-shaped skateboard.

STC, you could probably pull this off. :-)
Old 03-28-2020, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
I guess they aren't staffed enough for last minute edits. Did Asuka and Miz get hurt in this taping? Asuka has a bunch of YouTube videos about staying in Orlando and she seems fine. This will be one strange WrestleMania.
Miz was reportedly sick when he showed up for tapings, which is what lead to Roman refusing to work 'Mania. From what I'm reading, the triple threat that was announced last night is actually going to be a singles match between Morrison and one Uso.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Any of you resemble Darby Allin? If you cosplay as him, you could win his coffin-shaped skateboard.

STC, you could probably pull this off. :-)
Ha. I wish I was as good looking as Darby Allin