Old 01-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGlutton View Post
Just reading her blather makes my brain explode. If there was ever a media whore, she's it.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
A shot of downtown Wasilla and the view therefrom. Doesn't seem right, somehow.
July 4th?
Old 01-29-2015, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotflungwok View Post
Bill OReilly vs Sarah Palin
Mike Huckabee vs Megyn Kelly
If both survive the lirpa....
Old 01-29-2015, 05:56 PM
Charter Member

Palin is pretty much the same as she's always been. The difference in perception is also unchanged among the thinking classes. No, something else has changed ...
Old 01-29-2015, 09:45 PM

I have to add John McCain calling anti-Kissinger protesters "scum". He's one of my favorite politicians ever, but his moral dudgeon is often severely misplaced. John McCain knows what scum is. He was imprisoned and tortured by scum. He's met with some of the scummiest world leaders in existence as a Senator. Code Pink protesters may be inappropriate, but they have a legitimate beef with Kissinger, this country's greatest practitioner of cold realpolitik.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:58 PM
Charter Member

Anybody have an email address for adaher? I think his account has been hacked.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:05 PM

No, I just have Tourette's. Sometimes I accidentally blurt out reasonable things.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:20 AM

Quote:
What a wasted opportunity for Laconic wit. I would have gone "and lastly : Mike Huckabee : go fuck yourself. Here's Tom with the weather !"
Old 01-30-2015, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaher View Post
No, I just have Tourette's. Sometimes I accidentally blurt out reasonable things.
Wait, have your last 1000 posts been one big whoosh?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:14 AM

Mike Huckabee's defense on his comments about the trashy women at Fox News? "No, I was talking about all of the women in New York, Washington and Hollywood."
Old 01-30-2015, 09:51 AM

Well, that should help...
Old 01-30-2015, 10:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Steel Cage Death Match! The Killa from Wasilla and the Loofah Lummox!

(Morning line is nine to one on The Malign Sarah).
Will there be . . . Jell-O?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Mike Huckabee's defense on his comments about the trashy women at Fox News? "No, I was talking about all of the women in New York, Washington and Hollywood."
Well, it's a good thing Fox News is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, then, right?

Oh, wait.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Will there be . . . Jell-O?
Falafel...

5) R-Rated
Old 01-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I have to add John McCain calling anti-Kissinger protesters "scum". He's one of my favorite politicians ever, but his moral dudgeon is often severely misplaced. John McCain knows what scum is. He was imprisoned and tortured by scum. He's met with some of the scummiest world leaders in existence as a Senator. Code Pink protesters may be inappropriate, but they have a legitimate beef with Kissinger, this country's greatest practitioner of cold realpolitik.
Really. Plus he has sat with some lowlifes in that chamber. I could understand him looking upon the Code Pinkers as punk-ass hippie bitches descended from the same who were protesting the war 45 years ago, but come now, Mac, "lowlife scum", on the hearing record, from the chairman? Bit of a loss of composure for a brief disruption of a public hearing abd dissing a public figure whose actions are fair game for protest..
Old 01-30-2015, 08:50 PM

Anti-Kissinger protests triggered a 'Nam flashback maybe?
Old 01-31-2015, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Okay, but don't start making a habit of it.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:19 AM

Guv Christie starts a new PAC. Hmm, what would the acronym be? Liberty Matters For America dot Org?

Yeah, that works good.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Wrong on that too, what you have is reverse Tourette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist

Dr Katz: I once had a patient that had reverse Touratte.

Dr. Katz son: Really? How that [condition] works?

Dr Katz: Well, the patient goes in rants like" You dirty, stinky, bastard, son of a... nice tie!"

Last edited by GIGObuster; 01-31-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
Guv Christie starts a new PAC. Hmm, what would the acronym be? Liberty Matters For America dot Org?

Yeah, that works good.
Is this for real? It's almost too good to be true. LMFAO!
Old 01-31-2015, 12:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDelirious View Post
Really. Plus he has sat with some lowlifes in that chamber. I could understand him looking upon the Code Pinkers as punk-ass hippie bitches descended from the same who were protesting the war 45 years ago, but come now, Mac, "lowlife scum", on the hearing record, from the chairman? Bit of a loss of composure for a brief disruption of a public hearing abd dissing a public figure whose actions are fair game for protest..
Funny how politicians are always championing citizens' Constitutional rights until they have to deal with someone exercising them. Then they're "scum".
Old 01-31-2015, 08:33 PM

Emergency manager of Flint, Michigan, appointed by Governor Rick Snyder doesn't care that the water is polluted with poisons. It's too expensive to provide clean water.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:04 AM

Re: Gov. Christie's new PAC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knorf View Post
Is this for real? It's almost too good to be true. LMFAO!
YES it's for real!

Twitter mocks Christie's unintentionally profane PAC acronym: The Auditor

Christie's PAC's web site, Leadership Matters for America: https://leadershipmattersforamerica.org/
Old 02-01-2015, 06:14 AM
Your Ad Here
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senegoid View Post
Re: Gov. Christie's new PAC:

YES it's for real!

Twitter mocks Christie's unintentionally profane PAC acronym: The Auditor

Christie's PAC's web site, Leadership Matters for America: https://leadershipmattersforamerica.org/
Hey, maybe it's just that Christie is sexy and he knows it.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:32 AM

More great ideas from the Derpublicans: state legislator Todd Russ introduces HB 1125, which would require clerics (christian or jewish, no mullahs) to perform all marriages.

Because, you know, there are no religious gays, and there are no ministers or rabbis that would ever marry gays. This would fix everything.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

It looks like we won't have Presidential Candidate Chris Christie to kick around much longer, as 96% of likely Iowa Caucus voters don't like him. A terrible loss for this thread, but he's still governor.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:17 AM

Someone should tell Huckabee that those women at Fox news probably don't just [I]use[I] those words, but they actually do those things. Picture it, Governor.

Then watch as his head explodes.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Pics, or it didn't happen.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
Funny how politicians are always championing citizens' Constitutional rights until they have to deal with someone exercising them. Then they're "scum".
Well Constitutional rights are all very well and good so long as they are just words printed on paper. But when people attempt to put them to use in the REAL world, well, that's when they become .. problematical.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
Someone should tell Huckabee that those women at Fox news probably don't just [I]use[I] those words, but they actually do those things. Picture it, Governor.

Then watch as his head explodes.
I thought it was widely understood that the reason all the female Faux News babblers wear skirts is that it makes it more convenient when Roger Ailes wants to fist them.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Charter Member

Sean Hannity prefers chiffon.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:02 PM

Mike Huckabee and others who believe being gay is a lifestyle choice.

Very interesting point of view, that. Especially if you think about it, and I mean, follow it through to its logical conclusions.

It means that all gay people, everywhere, actually are just as straight as you or me. They are in fact attracted to members of the opposite sex. But one day, out of the clear blue sky, or derp derp derp childhood psychological trauma derp derp theory derp, decide you know what? I'm a guy, but I'd just loooooove to suck on a penis today.

They had that thought, and did not have the natural reaction that a straight guy would have which is "Penis in my mouth? Nope."

So, he's essentially saying everyone in the whole wide word is bisexual and can switch between which gender they interact with sexually, on a whim. Just like that, by deciding to.

That's very interesting to me, because it's so absurd, but what are the implications of that?

Does it mean, therefore, that penis is actually so awesome, even straight guys would love it, if they just gave it a quick go as an experiment? Like, even gay-bashing homophobes with like 19 children, if they were to just calm down for a moment, and tried a penis on for size just once, why, they'd go absolutely, pardon the expression, head over heels?

That's very interesting to me. It's a point of view that astounds me. Every person who thinks being gay is really a choice like that, is essentially saying that the only reason they're not gay today is because they're resisting the overwhelming urge to do it.

And gay peoples out there are actually all tempters and temptresses, holding the same-sex cock and vagina and dangling it in front of our faces like rich and tasty dessert items that we know we shouldn't partake of, but would totally enjoy if we did.

VERY interesting universe they live in. Quite interesting indeed. I guess it really is the forbidden fruit, it's just so delicious it will turn you gay if you tried it once.

I'll pass, but okay. Neat belief system you got there.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post

I'll pass, but okay. Neat belief system you got there.
Indeed.

My default assumption for anyone who thinks being gay is a "choice" or a "lifestyle" is that they are probably either closeted, or denying their own sexuality.

I figure that THEY actually think about gay sex all the time, so they think EVERYone does.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
VERY interesting universe they live in. Quite interesting indeed. I guess it really is the forbidden fruit, it's just so delicious it will turn you gay if you tried it once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
My default assumption for anyone who thinks being gay is a "choice" or a "lifestyle" is that they are probably either closeted, or denying their own sexuality.
Yep. I am a completely straight dude. I have an incredibly broad spectrum of attraction to the female form.

Guys? Not to any measurable level. I can appreciate male beauty, and remain unmoved by it.

But I have a significant number of gay (both genders) friends. I love them and I am passionate about defending them and their rights. I have zero interest in switching sides and they understand that.

"Doth protest too much" was never more apt then when applied to the virulent anti-gays.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Charter Member

Well, a lot of people are naturally bisexual and ethically heterosexual. That's not exactly a new idea.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:

That's very interesting to me. It's a point of view that astounds me. Every person who thinks being gay is really a choice like that, is essentially saying that the only reason they're not gay today is because they're resisting the overwhelming urge to do it..

(Post shortened a lot)

You left out how Jesus keeps the gay away, There but for the grace indeed.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsguinea View Post
Well, a lot of people are naturally bisexual and ethically heterosexual. That's not exactly a new idea.
Really? Do you have a cite for that? I'm truly curious as I've never heard that at all.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
More great ideas from the Derpublicans: state legislator Todd Russ introduces HB 1125, which would require clerics (christian or jewish, no mullahs) to perform all marriages.

Because, you know, there are no religious gays, and there are no ministers or rabbis that would ever marry gays. This would fix everything.
They CAN be stripped of their ecclesiastical authority, you know.

Or are you one of those counter-antidisestablishmentarianism lowlifes who've been causing so much trouble lately?

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 02-01-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
They CAN be stripped of their ecclesiastical authority, you know.
That would bust a hornets' nest of 1A issues. The state would have to certify marriage-qualified clerics, meaning establishment of a religious endorsement. It is just incomprehensible that they would think this could work, and given the expense this could incur in litigation and the fact that it is so blatantly unconstitutional, any legislator that votes for this, or any other obviously untenable legislation, ought to be personally liable for a share of all the legal expenses after it gets shot down.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
That would bust a hornets' nest of 1A issues. The state would have to certify marriage-qualified clerics, meaning establishment of a religious endorsement. It is just incomprehensible that they would think this could work, and given the expense this could incur in litigation and the fact that it is so blatantly unconstitutional, any legislator that votes for this, or any other obviously untenable legislation, ought to be personally liable for a share of all the legal expenses after it gets shot down.
HEY! Watch out now - soon you will be insulting the great state of Derplahoma for our actions. This is a new year and we're tired of being 4th/5th/6th in craven ideas. We proudly piss away expenses on legislation/litigation that is utterly, unredeemably unconstitutional. I'm actually in Hawaii now but I still have some remaining taxes to pay there so I can bitch. See Kern, Sally and Cockroft, Idiot several posts back. AND they are just getting warmed up for the new legislative session.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:

This might be the thread winner.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
one of those counter-antidisestablishmentarianism lowlifes
All right, say that thrice while touching your nose and hopping on one foot, we'll drop the drunk in public charge.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Actually, this sounds like the stupid liberal idea of the day. One interpretation: all Americans, regardless of sexual orientation, have the right* to get married in the church of their choice. Therefore, it behooves the federal government to dictate theological policy** to churches to ensure all Americans can duly exercise those rights.

Not something one would expect to come out of Oklahoma.

* No, they don't.

** oooooh, bad idea.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:30 AM

I'm not following how that's like a liberal idea at all. No one on the pro-equality side has ever suggested that churches be forced to perform same-sex marriages.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
I'm not following how that's like a liberal idea at all. No one on the pro-equality side has ever suggested that churches be forced to perform same-sex marriages.
My bad. I didn't read the link, just eschereal's post: and I misinterpreted the words "require clerics to perform all marriages" to mean "require clerics to marry anyone who asks them to", which would be the kind of over-stepping nanny-statism that I described.

What the bill actually intends is to outlaw secular marriage, which is an incredibly stupid Republican idea of the day.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Perhaps the Stupid Liberal Strawman Idea of the Day?

Liberal Strawman really comes up with horrible, horrible ideas.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

IIRC the idea that liberals are trying to force churches to perform same-sex marriages is a typical stupid Republican idea from the Republican echo chamber.

[Searching]

Sure enough, it has been observed in the wild :

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/arch...&view=comments
(Dan Savage deals with a concern troll with that idea)

Last edited by GIGObuster; 02-02-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:50 AM

Hey Jon, how about all that space on the right there? What if you drew ovals from here to theocracy? What if you drew a shape like this, or like this, or like this, to theocracy? That's r... wait a minute.

Strawman slippery-slope dumb guy might have a point.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:54 PM

Holy shit, that's exactly where my mind went, too. Let's fuck, askthepizzaguy. We're obviously soulmates.