Old 02-15-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
So I found out the other day that Orteil has released a new game called Neverending Legacy, and it's quite addicting too. Probably even more so than Cookie Clicker, at least once it gets fleshed out some more. http://orteil.dashnet.org/legacy/
I really wanted to like that game. But it was hard to see the icons, and that "Alpha" logo constantly moving in my peripheral vision drove me back out in a matter of minutes. Too bad, it has potential to be far more interesting than most idle games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
As someone who started playing 5 months ago (and spent a month and a half playing heavily), I have no idea how anyone was able to maintain interest in this game prior to the minigames being implemented. As is I almost lost interest on numerous occasions. And I am one who withheld looking to what would happen once you attained all the upgrades and HC's and was unpleasantly surprised by the lack of a payoff or anything interesting.
It's an idle game; we minimize it for weeks or months at a time, checking in now and then to realize gains and evaluate strategy. It's also a mindless mouse exercise during boring conference calls. I don't know anybody playing this like it's an x-box.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruCelt View Post
I really wanted to like that game. But it was hard to see the icons, and that "Alpha" logo constantly moving in my peripheral vision drove me back out in a matter of minutes. Too bad, it has potential to be far more interesting than most idle games.
I agree that the icons could be clearer, but on the other hand it doesn't take long to learn them by heart. What I quite like about it is that the different start positions really make it a completely different experience. I had one random game start me in an ice desert and everybody starved to death after a few years.

Last edited by Telperion; 02-15-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:03 AM
Charter Member

In case anyone still cares, I now have 400 of every building, every prestige upgrade, and over nine billion Heavenly Chips in store the next time I ascend. All that I'm really missing now is sugar, since I re-started well after sugar lumps were implemented. As soon as I get to 10 billion HC I'll close it down until the next update, because I've a hunch there might be some very expensive new prestige upgrades. Progress on cookie count is, at this point, based entirely on selling a Chancemaker (for 35 duodecillion cookies) and then sponetaneously edifying it back every 45 minutes, and that'll remain the only relevant factor up until about a trillion HC (which isn't going to happen, barring some new game-changer as big as spellcasting).
SPOILER:
Mi4wMDQ1fHwxNTIxNzI2OTgzNjY4O05hTjsxNTIzNzE0MzUyMTE0O0Nocm9ub3M7cnZva3F8w6TCsMKADHwxLjcyNjE0OTkyODY5 OTM3NzdlKzQyOzEuNzI2MTQ5OTI4Njk5Mzc3N2UrNDI7ODE4OzQ1NjYwOzIuNzM0MTA1MzEwMDQ3NjcyZSszNjs2MDg5MjszOzEw OzIuNDk2ODI0NzEwMjkxODQzM2UrNDA7MzsxMDswOzA7LTE7MTA5OzY3OzEuODU5MTM0NDQyMjQ0OTE5MmUrMzg7MjcyOzE0OzYz Oy0xOzc7OzQuNDAwOTAxMTMzNTkzNTY5ZSszODsxMjsyOTIyNzc5MjY2OzIxMzI2OTkzMzsyNzA5NTA5MzMzOzA7MDs0NDI7NDQx OzE4OTsyMjY7NDAwOzIyOzU7MTsxOzUwOzA7MDs1NDs3MzsxNTIzNjY1ODI5Mjg4O3w0NzAsMTM1MCwxLjg2NTQ4ODM0MjIzMTk4 ODhlKzM1LDA7NjAwLDk1NywxLjk1NjM2MjU2NDM5NjI2NTZlKzM0LDA7NDAwLDExNTMsMi41MTY5ODM3OTg0NDQ5N2UrMzQsMDs0 MDAsNzUxLDEuNjYwMTI5NDkzOTA0MDQ1M2UrMzYsMDs0MDAsODUxLDMuNDY3MjMxMzU2ODk4MTkyZSszNSwwOzQwMCwxMTUzLDEu MDYzNDEyOTE2NTk1ODU0OWUrMzUsMTs0MDAsNzUzLDUuMDU4MDU4MzQ0Mzc0ODIzZSszNSwyLDEwLzgvMCAzIDE1MjMyMjU2NDc0 NTA7NDAwLDc1MSwxLjc1NjU4NjY4MjU2NTEzOWUrMzUsMSw4Ljg0MzAzMzEzMjM5MjQyNCAzMDMgNzkyOzQwMCw3NTUsNi42NDYw Mzc0NjY0NDk0MzZlKzM0LDA7NDAwLDc1MiwzLjgxMjkxODQyMDU4NDY1NGUrMzUsMDs0MDAsNzUxLDIuMjA4NTk2MjgxNDkwNjc2 ZSszNiwwOzQwMCw3NTMsMS4zNzE4ODI3MzE4ODA4OTQ4ZSszNywwOzQwMCw3NTQsMS4yMDI2OTM2ODU1ODk0OTRlKzM4LDM7NDAw LDc1NywzLjg5MTY0MTQ1MDgxNzg5MDZlKzM3LDE7NDAwLDgwMCwxLjM3MTU2NTk1NDM0NTY0MzVlKzM4LDM7fMOnwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cr8OnwrPCvMOmwr/Cv8Okwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cs8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8OnwrPCv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/CvMOnwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8OmwqrCj8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/CssOnwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr7Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr7Cr8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cr8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/CvMOkwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwq/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cr8OHwr98w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6XCv8K/w6fCv8K4w6TCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K7w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K3w6fCm8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K+w6TCgMKBw6bCn8K/BXw%3D%21END%21
Old 04-18-2018, 01:53 PM
Charter Member

So, there's a new update. A bunch of new achievements, a few new cookie flavors, a new kitten... and a farm minigame. What I know of it so far:

You have a grid of planting spaces. The size of the grid depends on the level you have for farms. You start with one kind of seed, baker's wheat, but there are 33 others that can be unlocked. You can plant any kind of seed you have in any free grid space, or leave a space blank. The plants take a while to mature, after which they produce some benefit (baker's wheat gives +1% CPS). A mature plant has a chance to reproduce, starting a new plant in a space adjacent to it. Usually, this plant will be the same kind as the parent, but it can be different, especially if there are multiple different plants next to the empty square. A mature plant eventually decays away, but if you harvest it before that happens, you have a chance to unlock that kind of seed, and can then plant it yourself. There are also different kinds of soil you can use in your garden, that give various bonuses and penalties.

So far, I've found baker's wheat, thumbcorn (+2% to clicks), and cronerice (+3% to grandmas), and gotten the seed for thumbcorn. I haven't gotten cronerice seed yet, because (unsurprisingly) it takes a very long time to mature. It's also apparently possible to get weeds, but I haven't seen any yet: I don't know if they just waste space, or if they give penalties.

Basically, it seems to be a very slow and unreliable crafting system. Nothing looks really game-changing yet, but then, there are a lot of plants I haven't found yet.

Last edited by Chronos; 04-18-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:09 PM

There's a solid Google Doc about the Farm system - don't read if you want to suss it all out by yourself :

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1...5PlZS6DxRq/pub
Old 04-23-2018, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Nothing looks really game-changing yet, but then, there are a lot of plants I haven't found yet.
Update on this: There is indeed something really game-changing, but oddly, I haven't found anyone else online talking about it. Cheapcap fungus (buildings and upgrades are 0.2% cheaper) enables the game to go truly exponential, and with a fairly fast timescale. Since making that post, I've gone from about 3.6 tredecillion to 24.6 tredecillion, and that's even with taking some time to get the seeds, discover the strategy, and refine it.

The basic idea is buy cheap, sell dear. Get your field up to 6x6 (level 9 farms), and fill it with Cheapcaps. When they're mature, switch your soil to clay, switch your diamond worship to Dotjeiss, switch your dragon aura to Fierce Hoarder, and cast Summon Crafty Pixies, then buy as many buildings as you can (just set it to buy 100 at a time; if it can't afford 100, then it'll buy as many as it can). After you've bought all you can, harvest all the cheapcaps, switch worship and aura back (one aura must be Earthshatterer), and wait for the Pixies to wear off (optionally, you can also re-cast Pixies repeatedly until you get a backfire). Then sell back all of the buildings you just bought: They'll sell for about 18% more than what you paid for them, and since you paid your entire bankroll, you've just multiplied your bankroll by a factor of 1.18 .

The whole cycle takes two hours, limited by the worship-switching. You'll end up sacrificing Chancemakers (or whatever your top building is) to switch your dragon aura, but that's OK, because you can just sell all but two of those so they're cheap. You don't need CPS for this to work anyway (in fact, a high CPS is actually a drawback, because of the cost to plant the seeds).

In between cycles, you'll also have nearly two hours to do other gardening, and you'll both cast a lot of spells and harvest a lot of mature plants with this strategy, giving you progress towards both of those achievements.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Update on this: There is indeed something really game-changing, but oddly, I haven't found anyone else online talking about it. Cheapcap fungus (buildings and upgrades are 0.2% cheaper) enables the game to go truly exponential, and with a fairly fast timescale. Since making that post, I've gone from about 3.6 tredecillion to 24.6 tredecillion, and that's even with taking some time to get the seeds, discover the strategy, and refine it.

The basic idea is buy cheap, sell dear. Get your field up to 6x6 (level 9 farms), and fill it with Cheapcaps. When they're mature, switch your soil to clay, switch your diamond worship to Dotjeiss, switch your dragon aura to Fierce Hoarder, and cast Summon Crafty Pixies, then buy as many buildings as you can (just set it to buy 100 at a time; if it can't afford 100, then it'll buy as many as it can). After you've bought all you can, harvest all the cheapcaps, switch worship and aura back (one aura must be Earthshatterer), and wait for the Pixies to wear off (optionally, you can also re-cast Pixies repeatedly until you get a backfire). Then sell back all of the buildings you just bought: They'll sell for about 18% more than what you paid for them, and since you paid your entire bankroll, you've just multiplied your bankroll by a factor of 1.18 .

The whole cycle takes two hours, limited by the worship-switching. You'll end up sacrificing Chancemakers (or whatever your top building is) to switch your dragon aura, but that's OK, because you can just sell all but two of those so they're cheap. You don't need CPS for this to work anyway (in fact, a high CPS is actually a drawback, because of the cost to plant the seeds).

In between cycles, you'll also have nearly two hours to do other gardening, and you'll both cast a lot of spells and harvest a lot of mature plants with this strategy, giving you progress towards both of those achievements.
How can I get cheapcap? I can only plant 5 types of seeds (including a weed) No matter how many crops I grow I never get any other seeds.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug K. View Post
How can I get cheapcap? I can only plant 5 types of seeds (including a weed) No matter how many crops I grow I never get any other seeds.
Do you have the molds and fungi yet? If not, spend a couple of days in fertilizer.*

* You know, If you'd asked me a week ago, I might have thought I'd say that some day, but I'd never have thought it would be helpful and polite. ROFL!
Old 05-03-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruCelt View Post
Do you have the molds and fungi yet? If not, spend a couple of days in fertilizer.*

* You know, If you'd asked me a week ago, I might have thought I'd say that some day, but I'd never have thought it would be helpful and polite. ROFL!
I've actually spent almost all my time in fertilizer. I can only plant baker's wheat, thumbcorn, cronerice, gidmillet, and meddleweed.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug K. View Post
I've actually spent almost all my time in fertilizer. I can only plant baker's wheat, thumbcorn, cronerice, gidmillet, and meddleweed.
Let meddleweed age, with some empty space around it. It has a chance to drop Crumbspore or one of the mold types when harvested, if it's mature.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:55 PM

Now if only I could get some damn Bakeberries to spawn..
Old 05-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

And I finally read someone else online using my exponential strategy... except that they had an even simpler, and much, much faster, version of it. See, it turns out that the money you get from selling a building isn't 85% of what you paid for it: It's 85% of what the next one would cost. That is, 97.75% of what you paid for it. Which means that an exponential strategy was possible as soon as the Pantheon game came online. And yet, the vast majority of the community was ignoring it in favor of unreliable triple-frenzy supercombos. But you just know that there's someone out there somewhere who's been following it all this time, and now has a googol cookies baked.

Doug K., even without fungi, you should be able to get Bakeberries (2 wheat), Gildmillet (Corn + Crone), regular and golden clover (gildmillet + wheat, though golden is really rare), and Shimmerlily (clover + gildmillet). After that, though, you'll need brown mold and crumbspore (from harvesting mature weeds), and the things that follow from them.

Right now, all I still need are juicy queenbeets and golden clover, both of which are quite elusive. Plus fern tea, duketater biscuits, and elderwort biscuits: The tea and wort biscuits should be doable by running overnight, but the duketater biscuits are going to be a pain, with their relatively long immaturity and rapid decay.

If you're hunting the upgrades, get green yeast digestives (from green rot) first. It's fairly easy, and will make the others slightly more likely to drop.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:35 PM

nm

Last edited by Thing Fish; 03-12-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:09 PM

Bump...
Just when I thought I was ready to get out of the game, they drag me back in with a new building, Javascript Consoles ("creates cookies from the very code this game was written in")
Old 10-15-2019, 01:59 AM

Gah! You suck, you pulled me in too when I saw this thread last week.

My account from over three years ago was still going, so I quickly reincarnated to check out the new (to me) heavenly cookies deal and it's been off to the races. All the mini-games were new to me as well.

I've been reincarnating daily-ish, and so far I have all heavenly chip upgrades that cost less than 40 million, and only those. Each reincarnation the most expensive building gets to 200 pretty quick, and most are in the 300 - 400 range within, I dunno, a half hour? A majority are 400 or higher within an hour, dragon fully upgraded. (production x2 and sugar cubes)

My current strategy uses Conjure Baked Goods. The goal is to stack frenzy + building bonus (level 400) and cast it twice for 1800 seconds * 7 frenzy * 40 building bonus = 504k seconds of production each cast. Building Bonus is listed as around a 10% chance, so one in ten followups to frenzy isn't hard to wait for. (Wrath cookies probably make it more like 1 in 12 to 15. Still, not super rare.)

The trick is the cap of 15% of your bank, meaning you need 3.36m seconds worth in the bank to cover it. Mainly prematurely popping wrinklers; I popped the first 6 or 8 once I had that many, then let all 12 arrive and nibble for two hours. Popping them all now it's 3.5 hours into this ascension and I have just over 1 million seconds worth in the bank. A third of the way there. Plus I have a full mana bar and two successful casts queued up; I'm ready to go!

Requiring no mouse dexterity, and no super rare event, on success you net 11 days, 16 hours worth of cps in a moment with a forgivingly long window to react. (Something like 20 to 30 seconds at least.) Whaddya think? Is almost 12 days at once decent, or are there better ways to generate like a month of cps in one shot, maybe?
Old 10-15-2019, 08:37 AM

Seems like a good strategy..
Old 10-15-2019, 03:44 PM

Actually, Elder Frenzy all by itself is x666, well above the combination x280 if you stack frenzy and building bonus. Since adopting my strategy I've gotten two Elder Frenzies but only one combo, and that combo was with javascript so I only had 200.

The first (poor) combo helped establish a bank, or at least to 50% of goal, so the first elder frenzy generated 6 days 5 hours in one shot. Popping the wrinklers this afternoon after running offline last night got me the rest of the way to 3 million seconds, and just now an elder frenzy appeared giving me (slightly over) 1 million seconds of production.

Specifically, my cps is 172 octillion and the two elder frenzy baked goods I just cast conjured 67 then 72 decillion cookies, or thereabouts, totaling around 1,009,368 seconds which is 11 days, 16 hours and 41 minutes. Nice!

Good grief, while typing this just now I got a perfect combo (level 400 building) but of course I don't have the mana or even two guaranteed successes queued up yet. Still, nice to see like 30-45 seconds of 280x production if only to jumpstart the fresh wrinklers. (15 minutes to respawn all 12.)

But yeah, I think I like the 1 million seconds at once technique.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

Started anew about 6 weeks ago. Almost immediately there was a glitch in my favour - when I refreshed the browser it thought I was away for over 700 days and it gave me 700 sugar lumps. That has helped of course, but not as much as you would think. I still have a few hundred left after bumping several buildings up to Level 10.

I make about 95% of my cookies in the Garden by growing Bakeberrys which return 30 minutes of CPS when harvested. That's 30 minutes of the current CPS, so you harvest in a frenzy/building-special for zillions of cookies (same as Ellis Dee described in #1065).
Old 11-12-2019, 01:02 PM

I've been playing for 1335 days and have ascended 27 times. For most of that time I've been pretty idle; I played actively for about a month right after the latest new building/upgrades were introduced. Now I just check in once a week or so, so that I continue earning 80% of my CPS while the game is closed. I have both the Shimmering Veil and the Golden Switch working for me, and my cps is 670 duodecillion. I've made 1.51 quindecillion cookies all time, almost all of them on this run.

I agree that casting Conjure Baked Goods, especially while some major cookie buff is in play, is the most significant source of income in the late game. I just managed to unlock the Duketater, which gives 2 hours of CPS when harvested. I plant as many of those as I can when I get a cookie that vastly reduces my CPS, and therefore the price of planting. Then, once mature, I keep them frozen until I've gotten some massive buff.

Here's my save if you want to check it out:

SPOILER:
Mi4wMjJ8fDE1NzA0OTY3OTcwMzg7MTQ1ODE3NzE2MzM1NzsxNTczNTg0ODUyOTAzO1pvbWJpZSBDb21wdXRlcjtvbnpocXwwMTEx MTAwMTEwMDAwMDExMDEwMTB8NC4yOTY5MTgyNjAwNzA0ODhlKzQ3OzEuMzc5MDQ5ODE5OTA2NDEwOWUrNDg7NjkxMjsyMTc0MTs2 LjEyOTM5ODM3OTAzMDI0OWUrNDY7NTU3NzE7MDswOzEuMjY2MDk0OTU1OTM1MTAxMmUrNDc7MTswOzA7MDstMTsyNzs1NjA7Mi43 MzkxNzg2MDQ2MjkwOTM2ZSs0Njs3MzsxNDsyMTstMTszOzszLjMwOTI1MTI1NTU4NzA2OWUrNDY7MTI7NTAyMTM2ODQ4ODY5OzU1 NTEyNDA2MTM1OzQ0NjYyNDQ0MjczNDswOzA7NTMyOzUxODs0OTQ7NDYyOzQ0MjsyNDsxOzE1OzA7NzY7MDswOzQ7OTAxOzE1NzM1 NjEzMjU1MDk7MDswOzIyNyw1NzAsNTcxLDEyOSw1MDEsNTAwLDQ5OSw1NjcsNTY4LDU2OSw1NzIsNTczLDU3NCw1NzUsNTc2LDU3 Nyw1NzgsNTc5LDU4MCw1Miw1Myw4Njs0MTsxOzE7fDc0MCwxMDkwLDYuNzE0MzcyNzIzMDQyNTI0ZSs0MiwxMCwsMDs3MjUsMTA3 NSwxLjk4NjczOTgxOTQ2ODA3MjdlKzQyLDEwLCwwOzY4MCwxMDMwLDQuOTc4NTUxOTE3ODMxODU5ZSs0MSwxMCwxNTcyMzEzODg2 MzExOjE6MTU3MTk0NTYzNzM1ODoxOjQ3OjQyMjoxOjA6MTU3MDQ5Njc5NzA3MTogMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMDEwMTAxMDExMTEw MDExMTEwMCAwOjA6MDowOjA6MDowOjA6MDowOjA6MDowOjA6MDowOjIzOjY5OjIzOjY5OjA6MDowOjA6MjM6NzM6MjM6NzU6MjM6 NzI6MjM6Njk6MjM6NzQ6MjM6NzU6MjM6MTA6MjM6MToyMzowOjIzOjE6MjM6MjoyMzoyOjA6MDowOjA6MDowOjA6MDowOjA6MDow OjIzOjk6MjM6ODoyMzoxMjowOjA6MDowOjA6MDosMDs2NjUsMTAxNSwzLjU1MDAxOTY3NjYxMDQxOGUrNDMsMTAsLDA7NjUwLDEw MDAsNS40MTQyMjA5NzY3NzY2MTc2ZSs0MiwxMCwsMDs2MzAsOTgwLDEuMTUzNTMyMDA2ODk0OTc4OWUrNDIsNSwsMDs2MjUsOTc1 LDUuNDI0NzU3NDEzNDk4MzA2ZSs0MiwxMCw4LzQvNyAzIDE1NzIzNzI5ODAzNTkgMSwwOzYwNSw5NTUsMS42OTcxNTU5MTA2MTM1 NTNlKzQyLDEwLDEwOCA3OSAxMjk1IDEsMDs1NjUsOTE1LDUuMzUwNjkyNzkxNDIxMzEzNWUrNDEsMTAsLDA7NTUwLDkwMCwyLjg3 MDQzNDc5MzIzMDA4NWUrNDIsMTAsLDA7NTQ1LDg5NSwxLjY0NjU2NDc5NTIwMDkwNTRlKzQzLDEwLCwwOzUzMCw4ODAsMS4wMTQ4 MjAwMTgzOTUxNTg1ZSs0NCwxMCwsMDs1MTAsODYwLDguOTM1MTY1ODg0NzQ2NDJlKzQ0LDEwLCwwOzUwNSw4NTUsNS4wMTcwMjYy NTUzMDcwNzZlKzQ1LDEwLCwwOzQ3MCw4MjAsMS4zMjM4MjkyNzA1NjE0MTIyZSs0NiwxMCwsMDs0NzAsODIwLDQuMTMzMTczMjA0 OTg4Mzk4M2UrNDUsMTAsLDA7NDQwLDc5MiwyLjU2MDExNjM0MjA1OTkyODZlKzQ2LDEwLCwwO3wxMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAwMDAwMDAxMTExMTExMTAwMTExMTExMDAw MDAwMTEwMDExMTExMTAwMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTAwMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMDAxMTAwMDAxMTExMTExMTAwMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMDAxMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAxMDEwMTAwMDExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAwMTAxMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAwMDAxMTAwMDAwMDExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAxMDExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEwMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMDAwMDExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAwMDAxMDExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAxMTExMTExMTExMTEw MDExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMDAxMTAwMDAwMDAwMDAxMTExMDAxMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MDAxMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTEwMDAwMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAxMTExMTExMDExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAxMDExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAwMDAw MDAwMDAxMTExMTEwMDAwMDAxMTExMDAxMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAwMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEwMTExMTAwMTEwMDExfDExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEwMTExMTExMTAx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMDAwMDAxMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTAwMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMDAxMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEwMTExMTExMTEwMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEx MTExMTExMTAxMTExMTExMTExMTAxMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEw MTAwMTExMTAxMTExMTEwMDAwMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEwMTExMTExMTExMTAxMTExMTAxMTExMTExMTExMTEwMDExMTExMTAwMDAw MDB8%21END%21
Old 11-21-2019, 12:36 AM

I'm about an -illion behind you, around 100 undecillion cps with veil and switch, 26 undecillion when fishing for elder frenzy.

My garden is 6x6, and I have no idea what to spend my sugar lumps on. I have around 20. I used my first two post-garden lumps tonight, both to refill my mana bar. Once to do a double Conjure Baked Goods during an elder frenzy, and a second one just now:

My next two spells queued up were Click Frenzy and Frenzy. Full mana bar. I get a building bonus (370, meh) so I cast the first cookie, sugar lumped a full mana bar and cast the second. I chose the frenzy cookie first, then the click frenzy.

At the cost of a sugar lump, that building bonus + frenzy + click frenzy got me almost exactly 140 tredecillion. That works out to over 60 days worth of cps. For comparison, an elder frenzy conjure baked goods would have maxed out at 31 tredecillion, so 62 for both. That requires 300 tredecillion in the bank to cover the 15% cap, and I only had 157 in the bank at the time. That 140 from the sugar lump just got me to the magic 300, so yay! The 700 tredecillion kitten will be mine!

Is there a better use for sugar than magic? Outside of that, I think the 1% boost per lump is better cps than investing them into building upgrades. (Once garden is full size, of course.) So should I just stockpile however many it costs to upgrade all buildings to 10 and then upgrade all to 10 at once?
Old 11-21-2019, 12:49 AM

Re-reading that, I think I got every number wrong. They convey the gist, at least. (Elder frenzy needs 208 to cover the 31 per conjure baked goods, not 300. etc...)

Last edited by Ellis Dee; 11-21-2019 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:30 AM
Charter Member

The best use for sugar lumps is to unlock minigames. I assume you've already done that.

Second-best is to hold onto 100 of them for the thing that gives you 1% per lump (up to 100).

Third-best is to get all buildings to level 10, for the achievements (and hence milk). You probably won't have that for a while.

After that, yeah, probably magic. Using them on the Garden or Pantheon only saves you a few minutes or hours, in a game with scales measured in years.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

The Heavenly Upgrade "Sugar Craving" will allow you to start a "Sugar Frenzy" once per ascension - this will triple rate for an hour. This costs one sugar lump. You can have a very productive hour if you set up things beforehand (like having a garden full of BakeBerries ready to harvest).
Old 11-21-2019, 03:12 PM

In terms of keeping a frozen garden at the ready, I kind of like just filling the garden with baker's wheat and clay dirt. With 36 plants that gives you a +45% cps boost when unfreezing. That can be nice when elder frenzy fishing.

Also it's a million times easier to get 36 mature baker's wheat ready to go compared to, say, 36 duketaters.

Last edited by Ellis Dee; 11-21-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Yeah, Duketaters are a PITA - it's impossible to get more than half of them mature at the same time.

That's why I use Bakeberries - grow fairly quickly and are mature for a long time. Provide the same 1% buff that Baker's Wheat does but with the added bonus when harvested of 30 minutes CPS

Bakeberries now provide 99% of my cookies in the End Game.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

Now that he's closed the loophole I was using, nothing I could possibly do could make any significant difference to my cookies baked all time, so I'm mostly just going for badges and 100% upgrades at this point. Which mostly means waiting for sugar to upgrade buildings.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K364 View Post
That's why I use Bakeberries - grow fairly quickly and are mature for a long time. Provide the same 1% buff that Baker's Wheat does but with the added bonus when harvested of 30 minutes CPS[

Bakeberries now provide 99% of my cookies in the End Game.
Yeah that sounds solid, I'm switching to that immediately. Let's see if I can do better with numbers today:

An elder frenzy bakeberry harvest would be 36 plants * 30 minutes * 666 elder = 500 days worth of cps in one shot. (43 million seconds, wow!) No spells or sugar required, but you are capped at 3% of your bank per plant.

1 plant * 30 minutes * 666 elder * 60 seconds in a minute = 1.198 million seconds per plant you're trying to earn, so 3% of bank = 1.198 million means your bank needs to be 39.93 million seconds. That's a staggeringly high number -- I'm sitting pretty well at 4 million seconds in the bank, but that's an order of magnitude low.

That makes it scale better at higher bank totals. Assuming you're capped by the 3% limit for a while, that translates into 36 * (bank * 0.03) = 1.08 * bank, meaning just over double your bank? Wow! That is massively better than what I've ever managed.

I really like my sugar lumping 2 spells once per ascension to jumpstart the bank. Building bonus + frenzy (spell) + click frenzy (spell) seemed to generate around 1.5 million seconds without any cap from your bank total, so that's a good quick jump start. Then fish for elder frenzies where you harvest the bakeberry to double your bank each time.

So because of the ridiculously large return, do you just plant them all at regular cost and not worry about it? 36 * 45 minutes = ~100,000 seconds, similar to veil, which seems like a lot but when you're prepping it for millions, I guess it's not.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:51 PM

Actually, I'm at 4 million seconds with horn and veil. Turning those off to fish for golden cookies puts my bank at 14.7 million seconds. Two elder frenzy baked goods would be worth 2.4 million seconds combined, then immediately harvest the bakeberry for another 18.5 million seconds (!) bringing me from 14.7 million to 33.1 million seconds from the next elder frenzy I see? Yeah, I'm all over that.

For comparison, the building bonus + frenzy (spell) + click frenzy (spell) generated around 6 million seconds, so over twice as good as my elder baked goodsx2 but still only a third as good as the bakeberry method. (In the previous post I said it was 1.5 million seconds, but again was erroneously using horn + veil cps to calculate the seconds. It was actually more like 6 million.)
Old 11-21-2019, 11:35 PM

Having successfully completed this twice now, here's my new easily repeatable big money move thanks to you guys. Veil and Horn can be on or off to start; it doesn't matter either way. The cost of planting seeds is trivial.

- Switch to Fertilizer, plant 36 Bakeberries
- Turn Veil and Horn On (in that order) if they aren't already
- During the hour-forty or so the bakeberries are maturing, cue up a building bonus spell
- Once all plants are mature, switch to Clay, turn off horn. No need to freeze.
- The first Frenzy you get, cast your building bonus spell and then harvest the garden
- After frenzy ends, pop all wrinklers then repeat process (switch to fertilizer, etc...)

This will over double your bank each time, up to 27 million seconds. (315 days.) And it's easily repeatable in a fairly predictable 2 hours.

The building bonus spells are pretty common, and of course spell order is predetermined so you can readily cue them up. You can even save scum the building bonus spell to force a good one like cursors or grandmas.

It takes around 6 minutes to regen the mana from one Haggler's spell even if you do 3 at a time, so you can go through 15 or 16 spells while the plants mature. It took me maybe 10 spells to find the first one, then only 6 spells to find the second. You can look ahead up to 7 spells at a time, and burn up to 5 at once, though that would probably be more like an hour to regen just those 5.

Prior to this I was at 26 undecillion cps while fishing for golden cookies with a bank of 438 tredecillion. That was enough to max elder frenzy conjure baked goods, totaling 60 tredecillion from the two casts. I thought that was good.

Using the bakeberry technique, the first time my bank went from 438 tredecillion to 1.237 quattuordecillion -- almost triple! -- and then the second brought me from there up to 2.354 quattuordecillion. I spent a quattuordecillion of that total on upgrades, so my veil + horn cps is now up to 417 undecillion, four times higher than it was largely thanks to the 700 tredecillion kitten.

2354 - 438 = 1916 tredecillion increase / 26 undecillion = 73 million seconds (845 days) of production in an instant. At this level, wrinklers are irrelevant. Virtually all of my my bank is from bakeberry. No need to hope for an elder frenzy, and no need to use sugar.

Last edited by Ellis Dee; 11-21-2019 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:26 AM
Charter Member

What is this "horn" you're referring to?
Old 11-22-2019, 07:17 AM

Golden Switch. I don't know why I think of it as a horn.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:17 AM

Need some gardening tips

Is there some "secret" to getting the better crops out of the garden? Do I just need to grind my way up from Baker's Wheat and Thumbcorn? Is there a better planting strategy at first than "chessboard" (i.e. plant in diagonals)?

I'm "only" up to 50 decillion CpS - my current setup is:
Krumblor: Radiant Appetite, Fierce Hoarder
Pantheon: Moklasium, Jeremy, Skruuia (is the wrinkler bonus worth getting rid of golden cookies?)
Most buildings are at Level 9
I also have pretty much every heavenly upgrade that costs 1 billion chips or less
Old 11-22-2019, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

The best garden setup depends on what you're trying to produce. But for the things that require two of the same parent, you want
Code:
PP.PPP
PP.PPP
(where the Ps are plants, and the . are empty spots).

Note that there are some things that derive from weeds: Put the garden on fertilizer and just leave it empty, and eventually Meddleweed will spring up. Let it reach maturity and then harvest it, and there's a chance there will be one of two fungi left behind. Those fungi in turn will lead to other crops (either by themselves, or in combination with wheat-derived crops).

Skruuia is only worthwhile for getting wrinklers to spawn, and that's decently fast anyway. Skip it. The holiday one is good until you get all of the Christmas cookies, Easter eggs, and Halloween cookies. Other than that, use the one that gives you faster sugar: There are lots of ways to speed up cookies, but very few to speed up sugar.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:07 PM
Charter Member

All the info you need for gardening is here: https://cookieclicker.fandom.com/wiki/Garden
Old 11-23-2019, 11:01 PM

Followup on the bakeberry strategy I've been using, where you cue up a building bonus spell and wait for a frenzy.

After doing it twice as detailed above, I ascended to start fresh. I quickly cued up a building bonus and click frenzy within four casts of each other and waited for a frenzy. The building bonus + frenzy + click frenzy combo got me up to over 2 quattuordecillion as a starting bank for the cost of one sugar lump. (Remember, my cps was 26 undecillions when I started this yesterday; 2 quattuordecillion is a ridiculously large number for my cps.)

I then planted the bakeberry, cued up a building bonus spell and shot up to 6 quattuordecillion. Repeated it immediately and that brought me to over 20 quattuordecillion. Wow! It's tripling me each time!

But that brings me to my third effort, where I just could not get a building bonus spell lined up. I swear I chewed through over 50 castings before I found one. But then I did, just now, and that shot me up from 20 to 60 quattuordecillion. Triple again! (Bakeberry to 58, popping wrinklers before replanting got me to 60.)

So if someone else tries this and seemingly never gets a building bonus spell lined up, I feel your pain. I ended up burning 5 spells at a time and letting mana rebuild for an hour before trying again. But no matter how many it takes, it is absolutely worth it.

I did some analysis on mana regeneration. You can see a screenshot here. The numbers were calculated with 500 wizard towers, but it's largely the same for higher values. The conclusion:

For speed, burn 3 spells at once every 20 minutes (9 per hour)
For relaxation, burn 5 spells at once every hour (5 per hour)
For a compromise between the two, burn 4 spells at once every half hour (8 per hour)

I started off with 4 at once every half hour, but after like 20 I got annoyed and switched over to 5 every hour so I wouldn't have to keep coming back to it so much.

So right now I'm sitting at 60.355 quattuordecillion in the bank and my veil + switch (not horn!) cps is currently 4.6 duodecillion. Figure that translates to around 1.1 duodecillion cps while fishing for golden cookies, meaning I have around 50 million seconds in my bank right now.

Last edited by Ellis Dee; 11-23-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:27 PM

It turns out that building bonuses are multiplicative with each other despite saying "+7200%" or whatever. That makes them far superior to frenzy, but it takes longer to wait for a building bonus golden cookie in the wild. Worth it, though.

With switch and veil my cps is 1.013 tredecillion, but while fishing for golden cookies it's 264 duodecillion. My bank was 71 quindecillion, which translates to 8.5 years worth of cps while fishing.

I keep my top four buildings at 700+ and just retry the spell until I get one of those four. With frenzy and +7100% spell I would have generated around 12 quindecillion cookies; 1.5 years worth in one go. (I did it to see then reloaded.) But that's clearly capped, and regardless how high my bank goes I'd only be able to increase by around 12 quindecillion at a time.

I reloaded and waited for a building bonus, which will usually be in the 500s, minimum of 450. The first one I got was +5100%, so I cast my spell for another +7400% and generated 94 quindecillion by harvesting the bakeberry, or the equivalent of 11.3 years worth of cps.

11.3 years worth of cps in one shot is pretty solid. 10x better than the frenzy + building bonus I'd been doing. I'm curious how high that goes, as it isn't capped by my bank yet.

x490: Frenzy + Building Bonus (700)
x666: Elder Frenzy
x3500: Building Bonus (500) + Building Bonus (700)

EDIT: So I guess stick with frenzy + building bonus until it stops tripling your bank, then switch to building bonus + building bonus.

Last edited by Ellis Dee; 12-12-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:11 AM

What is a "building biscuit"? The context is at the end of the Ascension Guide, once you're done with all the heavenly upgrades, the optimal permaslot configuration includes them. I have all the kitten upgrades unlocked, including the fortune cookie one, so it's probably only a minor thing but it bugs me that I don't know what the guide is talking about. At the very end it says:

Code:
(1148 and beyond)

Permaslot 1 - highest illion fingers upgrade (CBL) OR second highest building biscuit OR a GC frequency upgrade
Permaslot 2 - highest kitten
Permaslot 3 - highest Javascript Console upgrade OR fortune console upgrade
Permaslot 4 - Fortune#103 [Kitten]
Permaslot 5 - highest building biscuit
I just now finally re-unlocked the kitten fortune in the ticker, which is good because I forgot to slot it into a permaslot last ascension. I'm thinking I should immediately ascend and slot it before I forget, which brings me to my building biscuit question. My planned permaslots are as follows:
  1. Octillion Fingers
  2. Highest Kitten upgrade
  3. Kitten fortune cookie
  4. Highest javascript console upgrade
  5. (Highest building biscuit???)
At first I thought it was a building upgrade, but the above quoted recommendation includes "highest Javascript Console upgrade" as #3 and "highest building biscuit" as #5, so the biscuits and upgrades are different things.

Anyone know? The answer is resisting google searches due to how many biscuits are involved in the game.

EDIT: Currently at 14.308 tredecillion cps with veil and switch active, and 7.186 sexdecillion cookies baked all time.

Last edited by Ellis Dee; 12-27-2019 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:47 AM
Charter Member

I believe they are the biscuit upgrades awarded for "Rewarded for owning X of everything" where everything means buildings.

The first is Milk chocolate butter biscuit (100 of everything), the last Pure pitch-black chocolate butter biscuit

These are not expensive but may be hard to qualify for. And the 10% bonus is as big as you can get.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:08 AM

Oh, yeah, okay, that does make sense. It does take a bit of work to get back to 500 of every building after ascending.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

Personally, I put Omelete in that slot instead of Kitten Fortune Cookie, which didn't exist at the time, to speed up the egg hunt. I'm not sure which saves more work in the long run. Largely moot, since I'll have no reason to ascend again until at least the next update, and who knows what will be optimal then.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

Omelette is a good idea, although it would deny me the pleasure of ranting when I get it 19th out of 20 Easter eggs.

I put the 3 "four-leaf clover" upgrades in the permanent slots - "Lucky Day", "Serendipity", and "Get Lucky" - the new game starts with Golden Cookies turbo-charged.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:32 AM

I should probably do Easter one of these ascensions, then, I suppose.

The problem with the kitten fortune is that it's random and not easily worked toward. For something like highest JavaScript upgrade all you need are a bazillion cookies, which is trivially easy to do. But I don't want to have to wait and pray for a specific ticker fortune.

For a similar reason, I've only done Easter once, like 10 ascensions ago. I only got like half the Easter cookies and gave up. Christmas I do immediately because you can finish it in like 30 seconds, no lucky RNG rolls required.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Eh, I'm going for completion. I'm going to want all of the fortune cookies eventually, even the ones that just boost mines or something, so I'll have to watch for the green text anyway. Permaslotting one will only speed up that process marginally.

If you're not opposed to save-scumming, you can speed up Easter considerably. Wait until you have a full roster of wrinklers, and then open up the game in a bunch of tabs. Pop all wrinklers in one of them. Keep the tab that got the best results, and close the others. Wait for more wrinklers, and repeat. Between Omelete, the random-drop dragon aura, the seasonal-drop worship, and the random-drop Christmas stuff, it goes even quicker than Christmas does (which takes longer than 30 seconds, if you want all the cookies).
Old 12-27-2019, 01:25 PM

I just meant that maxing out the Christmas demon Santa thing is (literally) 30 seconds. I haven't gotten all the Christmas cookies yet -- to be honest I wasn't really aware there were any -- but I did luck into the Eldeer achievement almost immediately during my very first Christmas. That was nice.

Definitely not opposed to save scumming, so I'll give that a shot, thanks much!
Old 12-28-2019, 12:59 PM

If anyone is interested there are a whole lot of other online Flash games listed here: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/in...-today-1311776
Old 02-18-2020, 06:33 PM
Charter Member

Save-scumming seems trickier now, some timers aren't saved in the one-minute save anymore.

But, I have found a way to get a super shit-load of cookies:

Fill your garden with mature Bakeberry's. When a golden cookie gives you a frenzy save to file. Later (when the Elder Pledge would be over) load the save. You will find the frenzy timer is still there and the Grandma's will immediately go into angered. The next golden cookie has about a 5% chance of being an Elder Frenzy. If so, because of the stacked frenzy's, harvesting a Bakeberry will give you 30 minutes of your current CPS which is 7 x 666 x 30 = 139,860. This is capped at 3% of your bank, so to take full advantage you need an enormous bank.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:31 PM

Yep, that's what ended my need for cookies. Now I'm just waiting for sugar lumps. Making a ton of cookies via save-scumming is easily repeatable. I happen to use 6 browser tabs, but any number is fine:

1) Open 6 tabs, wait for any one of them to be a frenzy.

2) First frenzy you get, immediately close other 5 windows, then save the frenzy, reload, open 5 more tabs so now you have 6 frenzies.

3) Hope the next golden cookie is a building bonus or elder frenzy. If none of them are, start over at 1. (Typically one of your last two or three failed efforts is a frenzy, so you can use that frenzy and go straight to 2.)

4) Once you get a frenzy + (building bonus or elder frenzy), quickly close the other 5 windows, save and reload.

5) Save scum a building bonus spell until it's a 700+ building.

6) Harvest 36 Bakeberries

If you go with the building bonus cookie instead of elder frenzy, the whole thing takes like 20 minutes tops once you get your bakeberry mature and spell queued. Easily repeatable. But that's only around 7 * 60 * 70 = 29400 times your cps.

Holding out for elder frenzy instead of a building bonus ups you to around 7 * 666 * 70 = 326,340 times your cps.

Once you get to the point that 7 * building bonus * building bonus is no longer near-tripling your bank, 7 * elder frenzy * building bonus will keep near-tripling but at that point either you ascend again or you're essentially done needing cookies for anything. Which is where I'm at right now.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:03 AM

I discovered this game when this old thread resurfaced a month ago. It's taken way more of my tie than I should have given it but its a nice distraction while I hole up in my lightless coronavirus bunker.

I fumbled my way through making every mistake possible and some that most couldn't imagine. For example, I was harvesting mature parent plants hoping to find mutated offspring seeds, which doesn't work. I eventually found a wiki and a strategy guide and since then, I've ramped up to a bank of 40 undecillion cookies and over 300 of every building. I have 72 percent of the prestige upgrades unlocked. I feel like I'm doing okay but I'm still having trouble getting great seeds from the garden. Thanks for the tips everyone.