Old 03-10-2020, 10:00 AM

Should Biden take the Montreal Cognitive Assessment?

Or some other cognitive test that measures mental function. You have to know this is going to be brought up during the general election and the debates. A preemptive strike. I mentioned the Montreal Cognitive Assessment since this is the one that Trump took. It's an easy test and so Biden should ace it if there are no existing problems.

Last edited by Tigers2B1; 03-10-2020 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:05 AM
Charter Member

He should take it right after unindicted co-conspirator Donald John Trump does.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleonast View Post
Trump already took it. That is mentioned in the four sentence OP.

Not sure it helps Biden to dignify this dementia thing with a response.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Actually I anticipate that this will be a challenge thrown out by Trump. So go ahead and take the test on your own terms and make the results public.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers2B1 View Post
I mentioned the Montreal Cognitive Assessment since this is the one that Trump took.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnalK View Post
Trump already took it. That is mentioned in the four sentence OP.
Cite? I mean, a credible cite, too. No, I don't consider Dr. Ronny Jackson a credible cite.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Cite? I mean, a credible cite, too. No, I don't consider Dr. Ronny Jackson a credible cite.
Jackson, a rear Admiral, was appointed by Obama to be physician to the president in 2013. Why don't you cite the sources where he's been shown to be a liar.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:31 AM
Charter Member

I'm generally in favor of all candidates releasing tax returns, health information, and other relevant information... but I'm not quite sure what should be done when one side issues only bullshit, and what that means for the other side.

So in this case, Trump had a fake health assessment from his crazy private doctor, a bullshit health assessment from a disgraced Presidential doctor, a mystery trip to Walter Reed without a clear explanation.... and so what are Biden's obligations to be honest and forthright in competing with a total liar on these issues?

I'm not sure. It's a difficult question.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Jackson, a rear Admiral, was appointed by Obama to be physician to the president in 2013. Why don't you cite the sources where he's been shown to be a liar.
Snowboarder, are you perhaps mixing him up with Trump's personal physician Harold Bornstein?
Old 03-10-2020, 10:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Among other things, he put cauliflower in Trump's mashed potatoes.

You don't see that as a sign of honesty, do you?
Old 03-10-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Not sure it helps Biden to dignify this dementia thing with a response.
This is the crux of the issue for me. Much like the Obama birth certificate garbage, we can't really set up a situation where candidates must respond to every nutty accusation from a pundit with suspect motives.

That said, there should be some standard of providing information (we can debate what those are precisely) such as taxes, legitimate health assessment, stuff like that.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Snowboarder, are you perhaps mixing him up with Trump's personal physician Harold Bornstein?
No. I wouldn't trust a cite from him, either, tho.

Dr. Ronny Jackson aka "the candy man", who created a hostile work environment, drank too much and passed out Ambien, modafinil, etc. freely to people with no compunctions. Dr. Ronny Jackson, who's Trump-appointment to be Sec. of Veterans Afairs (a Cabinet-level position) was de-railed over these things. Dr. Ronny Jackson, the Republican now running for Congress in Texas's 13th congressional district.

No, I don't think he's a credible cite concerning Donald Trump.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Among other things, he put cauliflower in Trump's mashed potatoes.

You don't see that as a sign of honesty, do you?
He also hid the ice cream. So it follows he would lie about a cognitive test.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Everything the president touches turns to bullshit. The administration has negative credibility—anything coming from it must be considered false until positively proven otherwise.

I don’t believe that the president has taken any cognitive tests. I don’t believe any claimed results of such tests.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Everything the president touches turns to bullshit. The administration has negative credibility—anything coming from it must be considered false until positively proven otherwise.
Aye. That's the starting point. Not "trust until shown otherwise" but "DO NOT TRUST until shown otherwise". The trouble is, once you show yourself to be untrustworthy, it's very, very difficult to recover.

Quote:
I don’t believe that the president has taken any cognitive tests. I don’t believe any claimed results of such tests.
Exactly my thoughts.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 03-10-2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:12 AM

Didn't the rear admiral also state that Donald was a svelte 239 pounds? I'd take his word with a huge sack of rock salt.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:17 AM
Charter Member

Darth Shit-for-brains is advised by his science and health advisers to avoid potential infectious contacts. He is almost immediately photographed shaking a long line of hands. If he has cognitive functions, he doesn't use them. So why should I care if he has them?
Old 03-10-2020, 11:35 AM

I just can't get behind this ever increasing list of things presidential candidates are supposed to publish. Taxes, medical records, now psychological quizzes? What's next, a full, high definition body scan so everyone can inspect a nude 3D model of the candidates at their leisure on their personal computer? Bank account numbers? Copies of the keys to their house?

Just let them speak about their positions and goals as president and make your decisions accordingly. If you think someone is lying or will die after a month in office, just don't vote for them. It has worked well for two and a half centuries.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCube View Post
I just can't get behind this ever increasing list of things presidential candidates are supposed to publish. Taxes, medical records, now psychological quizzes?
I'd just toss it in with general health information: "Biden is a dude in reasonably fine physical and cognitive health, signed Dr. Whoever."
Old 03-10-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
I'd just toss it in with general health information: "Biden is a dude in reasonably fine physical and cognitive health, signed Dr. Whoever."
Trump did the same thing and everyone knows it was a blatant lie. So why bother? With the kind of money these people have, they can easily purchase a doctor who will say anything they want. The people I read elsewhere were asking for actual medical records, not a wishy washy doctor's note.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
He also hid the ice cream. So it follows he would lie about a cognitive test.
Let's get this straight. You think the guy who left the military in disgrace after an Inspector General report found that his staff had a "lack of trust" in him (cite), should actually be trusted because Obama first appointed him?

Sorry, dude, even I don't trust Obama's judgment that much. I'm sure there's plenty of Obama appointees that you will make the exact opposite judgment for -- "Obama appointed him, so he's terrible!" You can't rehabilitate the reputation of this sycophant and psycho with this lame ploy.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:10 PM

no because if he is found cognitively incompetent, his enemies will use that against him
Old 03-10-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCube View Post
Trump did the same thing and everyone knows it was a blatant lie. So why bother? With the kind of money these people have, they can easily purchase a doctor who will say anything they want. The people I read elsewhere were asking for actual medical records, not a wishy washy doctor's note.
You bother because you have unreachable people who will always demand more (and you can't do much about those) but you also have unconnected people who just hear "Biden is losing it!" and they actually would be reassured by a medical note without screaming for the Super-Duper Deluxe Ultra test results.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
You bother because you have unreachable people who will always demand more (and you can't do much about those) but you also have unconnected people who just hear "Biden is losing it!" and they actually would be reassured by a medical note without screaming for the Super-Duper Deluxe Ultra test results.
That worked real well for Obama's birth certificate, right?
Old 03-10-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemark View Post
That worked real well for Obama's birth certificate, right?
Well, yeah, for the most part. People insisting that Obama wasn't a citizen was largely the providence of loonies and Republicans trolling pollsters.

Did you know anyone who was leaning towards Obama but hesitated because of his birth certificate? Or was it just people who wouldn't have voted for Obama no matter what? Anyone I knew (who wasn't just being obnoxious for partisan reasons) considered the matter laid to rest by the time Hawaii issued the statement saying he was born in Hawaii.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

I don't know about the psychological assessment, but perhaps a little anger management training is in order. He needs the union vote.

Although I will cut Biden some slack on the AR-15/14 thing - he was only off by one.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 03-10-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The time for that was back when there were still centrist alternatives in the race. Seems to me that it's too late to say, "Okay, Joe, we've eliminated all the other moderates—now there's just one more thing we need from you."
Old 03-10-2020, 01:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I don't know about the psychological assessment, but perhaps a little anger management training is in order.
That guy was very, very mean and biased. Totally biased. The worker should have recused himself. He's just a nasty, nasty man.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I don't know about the psychological assessment, but perhaps a little anger management training is in order. He needs the union vote.
That was too angry?! Huh? I did like how Biden said the guy's phrasing of his position was bullshit.

A Biden campaign manager literally said they would pay for a Trump supporter to continue to share that video. I think Biden look pretty good in it tbh.

Last edited by ISiddiqui; 03-10-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:05 PM

(state campaign manager, not national. Also #GoodForJoe was trending on Twitter earlier today as a result of that video)
Old 03-10-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
That was too angry?! Huh? I did like how Biden said the guy's phrasing of his position was bullshit.

A Biden campaign manager literally said they would pay for a Trump supporter to continue to share that video. I think Biden look pretty good in it tbh.
Biden is pointing his finger in the guy's face and he asks Biden to remove his finger and Biden says "I'll slap your face."

That's the guy you want for president?

It'll sure be fun to see what happens when Trump has a go at him.
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill
Old 03-10-2020, 02:22 PM
Charter Member

Biden's too angry, so vote for Trump!
Old 03-10-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whack-a-Mole View Post
Biden is pointing his finger in the guy's face and he asks Biden to remove his finger and Biden says "I'll slap your face."

Trump said "You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything."

Trump said "any guy who can do a body slam, he is my type!”

Trump said ""In the second grade I actually gave a teacher a black eye — I punched my music teacher because I didn't think he knew anything about music and I almost got expelled."

Trump said ""If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise."

Trump said ""He's walking out with big high-fives, smiling, laughing. I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."

Trump said ""Get him out. Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."

Trump said ""When you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just seen them thrown in, rough. I said, 'Please don’t be too nice.'"

Trump said ""When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head you know, the way you put their hand over [their head]. Like, 'Don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody, don’t hit their head.' I said, 'You can take the hand away, OK?'"

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 03-10-2020 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:

It's almost like you've never seen my posts around here.

Thing is, Biden losing it doesn't play as well to his base as Trump losing it where his base loves it.

I hope the liberal base never gets ok with that.
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill
Old 03-10-2020, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Joe Biden already took the Montreal Cognitive Assessment test. I administered it personally to him. He achieved the best results that have ever been recorded and I can attest he is the most intelligent and competent person in human history. I am a fully qualified test giver and an acknowledged expert in this field.

If you want to dispute any of the above, I require you to submit cites that I have ever lied about any of the above issues. If you cannot do so, that is proof I am telling the truth.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
It's almost like you've never seen my posts around here.
I employed the same rhetorical tactic you did.
Quote:
Thing is, Biden losing it doesn't play as well to his base as Trump losing it where his base loves it.
IMO you're wrong about that. The base of the Democratic Party is already pissed off.
Quote:
I hope the liberal base never gets ok with that.
I'm not a member of the Democratic Party and don't know if I would be considered a part of any "liberal base", but I'm also not afraid of nor put off by expressions of anger, frustration or sorrow.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I employed the same rhetorical tactic you did.
IMO you're wrong about that. The base of the Democratic Party is already pissed off.I'm not a member of the Democratic Party and don't know if I would be considered a part of any "liberal base", but I'm also not afraid of nor put off by expressions of anger, frustration or sorrow.
To each their own.

I want a candidate for president of the United States to be able to show me they are not so easily provoked much less threaten to hit a constituent who is asking them normal questions a candidate might be expected to get.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well, yeah, for the most part. People insisting that Obama wasn't a citizen was largely the providence of loonies and Republicans trolling pollsters.
Right, the loonies weren't convinced and the very few others questioned it from the start. All responding to it did was keep the topic in the news cycle longer.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
He's also currently running as a Republican for a Texas Congressional seat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronny_...gressional_bid
Old 03-10-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Hey; look at this appeal to authority instead of providing an actual cite! What a shocker that you'd do that!
Old 03-10-2020, 03:37 PM
Charter Member

I'd be thrilled to have the test questions administered, in turns, during the Presidential Debate.

Half the questions can be the standard, "Here's a prompt with varying levels of insight and intelligence whose answer would illuminate a difference between the candidates. If you were to ignore this prompt and instead blather about a talking point only remotely related, what would that talking point be?"

The other half of the questions, sprinkled in at random: "President Trump, please name as many animals as you can in the next thirty seconds." "Senator Biden, 7349120. Please repeat these digits back to me." "President Trump, name two ways that a ruler and a clock are similar." "Senator Biden, what will the date be next Thursday?"

I don't trust a doctor to interpret the results, but seeing these answers live would be comedy, tragedy, and/or a sign to invest in canned foods and shotguns.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
To each their own.

I want a candidate for president of the United States to be able to show me they are not so easily provoked much less threaten to hit a constituent who is asking them normal questions a candidate might be expected to get.
Without wading into the "but Trump is worse" issue, that very much surprised me how Biden so overreacted to that guy. I could almost see that reaction if the guy called him names, but he asked a rather straightforward question and the answer is really mundane.

We've done it here on the SDMB many times. Politician wants to ban assault weapons. People say it is taking away guns. Others say it is not because you can keep hunting rifles and shotguns and pistols. People reply that an assault weapon in a gun and you are taking it away.

It goes on for pages over semantics on whether or not that counts as taking away guns. The answer for a politician like Biden to such an easy question like that should be like returning a serve in tennis. His blood pressure shouldn't rise one point.

But here he is insulting him, using profanities, and threatening violence against him! That does not bode well for the future.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:15 PM

Joe has taken an active stand against domestic violence. If I told him that I was having an argument with my wife, pointing my finger in her face and she asked me to stop doing that, and I replied that I would slap her in the face, would Joe condone that? Would he believe that I should have my gun rights removed?

Indeed he does. The VAWA requires that. It would be an assault.

And as I said before, I could understand it if the guy was being insulting or provoking. Even if you want to argue that the guy was factually wrong (which is for another thread) and we concede for the purposes of argument that he was wrong, then you just tell him respectfully why he is wrong.

It is pretty unhinged IMHO, to use profanity, insult and threaten a voter for this. Unlike Trump's comments above which were largely campaign rhetoric, this was a personal threat against an individual, one on one.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
Without wading into the "but Trump is worse" issue,
Quote:
It is pretty unhinged IMHO, to use profanity, insult and threaten a voter for this. Unlike Trump's comments above which were largely campaign rhetoric, this was a personal threat against an individual, one on one.

It's very impressive that you waited 33 minutes to do the thing that you said weren't going to do.

I won't even get into how disingenuous the rest of your two posts are; I'll just leave that one data point there for everyone to see.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:

Trump's got priorities. First, he's going to release his tax returns like he "said he would". (That's Republican for "lied".) Then he's going to have Mexico pay for a blight, a wall. No, wait, before that he's going to need a wall. Also on his list is coming up with something cheaper and more favorable to the end user than Obamacare. Also, coal. He said some dumb shit about coal jobs that he's probably working very hard with regards to.

I believe Trump took and passed any test od any kind as much as I believe he's going to make good on any of the above lies promises.
(Hold a mirror under his nostrils- does the mirror fog up? That's the only test he could pass.)
Old 03-10-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:

It's very impressive that you waited 33 minutes to do the thing that you said weren't going to do.

I won't even get into how disingenuous the rest of your two posts are; I'll just leave that one data point there for everyone to see.
Yeah, it was too tempting.

Do you have a rebuttal? Do you support threatening voters with violence when they dare ask a candidate a question? Did the voter act in any way inappropriately? Do you disagree that Biden committed a criminal offense on camera (assault)? Should that offense disqualify him from owning a gun? And if the law adjudges him not qualified to own a gun, should he have command of the US military and all of its guns, not to mention nukes?

Joe thinks it should:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biden's Campaign Website
Biden will enact legislation to close the so-called “boyfriend loophole” and “stalking loophole” by prohibiting all individuals convicted of assault, battery, or stalking from purchasing or possessing firearms, regardless of their connection to the victim.
https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/
Old 03-10-2020, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Trump's got priorities. First, he's going to release his tax returns like he "said he would". (That's Republican for "lied".) Then he's going to have Mexico pay for a blight, a wall. No, wait, before that he's going to need a wall. Also on his list is coming up with something cheaper and more favorable to the end user than Obamacare. Also, coal. He said some dumb shit about coal jobs that he's probably working very hard with regards to.
He also said he was going to build more infrastructure. It annoys me that he lied about that because it was one of the only good things he said.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Do you have a rebuttal?
Not for you, really. I don't see much reason to try and engage in a good-faith discussion with someone who has already shown that they can't be trusted to post in good faith.
Quote:
Do you support threatening voters with violence when they dare ask a candidate a question?
Again you are disingenuous. Joe Biden did not threaten a voter with violence because they asked a question. Post the transcript and show that I'm wrong. (You won't do either of those things, tho.) And that question was asked in such a way that it too is disingenuous, proving once again to me that you cannot be trusted to have a good-faith discussion.
Quote:
Did the voter act in any way inappropriately?
Yes.
Quote:
Do you disagree that Biden committed a criminal offense on camera (assault)?
Yes.
Quote:
Should that offense disqualify him from owning a gun? And if the law adjudges him not qualified to own a gun, should he have command of the US military and all of its guns, not to mention nukes?
Moot points because there was no criminal offense.

I love how you try and use the word "voter" instead of "citizen" or "person" n another attempt to mislead and color the conversation.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 03-10-2020 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Not for you, really. I don't see much reason to try and engage in a good-faith discussion with someone who has already shown that they can't be trusted to post in good faith.
Again you are disingenuous. Joe Biden did not threaten a voter with violence because they asked a question. Post the transcript and show that I'm wrong. (You won't do either of those things, tho.) And that question was asked in such a way that it too is disingenuous, proving once again to me that you cannot be trusted to have a good-faith discussion.Yes.Yes.Moot points because there was no criminal offense.

I love how you try and use the word "voter" instead of "citizen" or "person" n another attempt to mislead and color the conversation.
How am I not engaging in good faith discussion?????

What did the citizen do wrong? (Also, I'm not sure what trick I am trying to pull by using "voter" although I would bet that he is indeed a voter; not sure of the distinction here)

A transcript? I'm not a court reporter. Watch the video yourself and see exactly what happened. Biden is making his point by repeatedly sticking his finger near the good citizen's face. Maybe you don't believe Biden was that close to his face, fine.

The citizen then places his hand in front of Biden's finger and says "That's (indicating Biden's pointing) not okay." The reply is not "I'm sorry for invading your personal space" or "Come on, dude, I'm not that close to you" but is a threat to slap the citizen in the face.

How is that not a crime?

I mean, it's all on tape! How can you defend it?
Old 03-10-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Joe Biden did not threaten a voter with violence because they asked a question. Post the transcript and show that I'm wrong.
Ok. Not a perfect transcript but the best I could find posted by a reporter who (I believe) filmed the exchange:

Quote:
As Biden was working the room, one man confronted him about his stance on gun ownership.

"You are actively trying to end our Second Amendment right and take away our guns," the worker told Biden.

Biden replied: "You're full of sh**."

"I support the Second Amendment. The Second Amendment — just like right now, if you yelled 'fire,' that's not free speech," Biden continued. "And from the very beginning — I have a shotgun, I have a 20-gauge, a 12-gauge. My sons hunt. Guess what? You're not allowed to own any weapon. I'm not taking your gun away at all."

The man repeated his accusation that Biden was "trying to take our guns," and Biden pushed back. "I did not say that. I did not say that."

<snip>

"This is not OK, alright?" the man said, to which Biden replied, "Don't tell me that, pal, or I'm going to go out and slap you in the face."

"You're working for me, man!" the worker said.

"I'm not working for you," Biden said. "Don't be such a horse's ass."

SOURCE: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-a...-full-of-shit/

Last edited by Whack-a-Mole; 03-10-2020 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:11 PM

Biden's mental acuity on display:

Quote:
Just now: @JoeBiden was asked by @mikememoli if he has any regrets about his testy exchange with the voter this morning, noting that both the Sanders and Trump campaigns are targeting him about it.

“I’m surprised that Sanders is joining Trump. It’s surprising,” Biden replied.

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/sarahmucha/statu...64688885223425 (video at link...Biden seems befuddled)