Old 03-13-2020, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Dunkirk, MD: swung through the Wal-Mart shortly after 6am when they open. The store was quiet, but just empty shelves where the TP and paper towels usually are, and no regular bread, just a few packages of hot dog and hamburger buns. (I didn't check the dairy aisle.)

The funny thing is, there's a Giant supermarket in the same shopping center; if you park your car in between, it's easy to go to both without moving your car. The Giant had plenty of TP, paper towels, and bread.

The Giant is more expensive than Wal-Mart, but only moderately more so. If you're worried that you won't be able to get TP anytime in the next month, you'd think an extra few bucks for a jumbo pack of TP at Giant would be well worth it once Wal-Mart was out. But apparently that thought process didn't go through the minds of many of the Wal-Martians.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:37 AM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
I also don't understand the bottled water frenzy (cheap wine is more antiseptic).
Maybe it's just a local thing, but I have these things in my house that dispense potable water whenever I turn a little knob.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
Maybe it's just a local thing, but I have these things in my house that dispense potable water whenever I turn a little knob.
I know, right? I understand about hoarding some things, but this one...I mean, even if you don't like the taste of tap water, it'll get you through.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:32 AM

Out of curiosity, how long is tap water typically ok to drink once it comes out of the tap? Is it legit to just fill up some clean, reusable water bottles or a ton of ice trays if you're concerned about the water supply?

Anyway, we've got plenty of panic buying in St. Louis, though we just have two positive diagnoses in the state of Missouri.

Panic buying is contagious. So far I've refused to give in, though the more places that close and the more events that are canceled, the more I look around thinking, "Oh, shit - I don't actually own hand sanitizer, and don't I need more bleach and wipes?" For the record, before the panic buying started I already got a bunch of hand soap (we were out) and I own a couple of gallons of bleach.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
Times like this make me glad I installed a bidet toilet seat.
And I'm glad I saved all those old Sears catalogs. Or are those only good for outhouses?
Old 03-13-2020, 10:38 AM
Voodoo Adult (Slight Return)
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlyverbose View Post
Out of curiosity, how long is tap water typically ok to drink once it comes out of the tap?
The CDC says to replace non-store-bought water (which I assume includes tap water you've bottled) every 6 months.

https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/eme...er-supply.html
Old 03-13-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneadToKnow View Post
The CDC says to replace non-store-bought water (which I assume includes tap water you've bottled) every 6 months.

https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/eme...er-supply.html
Good to know, thanks!

We had a water main break a few days ago, so we still had some left over (we were given advance warning about the water getting turned off). I hate to pour it down the sink, even when we're NOT panic buying!
Old 03-13-2020, 11:10 AM

Look for instructions about adding a tiny amount of bleach to water you bottle on your own.

When we rotate our stored, home-bottled water, we use it to water plants in the yard.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:19 PM

Lining up around the block before they open near me. Fuck.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:36 PM
Charter Member

I went to Trader Joe's after work and was amazed at how bare the shelves were. I asked the cashier if it was panic buying or just that the store was having stock-keeping issues. She said the panic buying was two weeks ago and blamed the current state of the store on people being home from work and children being home from school. I was a little skeptical.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan View Post
I use the weird bamboo toilet paper, which is why I buy toilet paper online
How do you like it? I've thought about giving it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
Yeah, I get wanting to stock up on toilet paper, but I'm pretty sure the town will keep the water running.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:04 PM

It's pretty good.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:40 AM
Charter Member

Here in the Seattle area, Costco had runs on bread, flour, water, rice and TP about 2 weeks ago. They have since been restocked and the whorders seem to have enough supply now to not fight over TP in the store.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:09 AM

Did our usual Friday shopping yesterday.

Yikes.

Parking lot nearly full like just before Thanksgiving. All lines open.

The produce section was where we go first. Oh, boy. No bananas. Lots of empty spots. Couldn't get some of our regular items. Mrs. FtG said we were almost out of lettuce, should we get some? My reply: If they have it, buy it.

I mean, I understand potatoes and even onions being cleared out, but who is stocking up on something so short-lived like bananas?

All the store brand milk was gone. Got some pricey stuff and only a half gallon at that. Bread was cleaned out. Ditto most paper products. Cereal was in surprisingly good order. Meat was heavily drained down.

A lot of people blocking aisles while talking on the phone and blankly staring at stuff. Esp. in canned goods. (I've noticed that here before during snow panics.)

Got much less than usual and we had been aiming to add a few extra items.

The Saturday situation is going to be far worse.

I wonder how long this "clear out" mentality will last. You can only hoard so much. Esp. bananas.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:57 AM

Waited for an hour (usually never waited more than 2 mins) just to get some beef jerky, water (they ran out anyway, but I did get 2 bottles). No toilet paper anywhere (I called before).

My friends and family all over the US are experiencing the same stuff. Luckily, I did go shopping for frozen food a week ago.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Times like this make me glad I installed a bidet toilet seat.
I thought I was the only one.

The Locals are panic-buying Milk, of all things.

Usually only done when Snow is forecast.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Anyone in Chicago? We have been out of town (in Mexico right now actually - itís pretty surreal to read about all this from afar) and scheduled to come home tomorrow evening. We are in pretty good shape as far as pantry staples, and I am now really glad we bought an extra gallon of milk before we left, and I think we still have a few rolls of TP (and a ton of paper towels if we need to use those instead). I am hoping that everyone else will have stocked up enough by the time we need anything desperately that they wonít need to shop for months?
Old 03-14-2020, 08:46 AM
Charter Member

As of Friday, our local Wal-Mart is totally out of the expected items: paper products, cleaning supplies, dry soup (?), but their produce and meat aisles look normal. Why the panic for TP and soup but not for hamburger, apples, and lettuce?
Old 03-14-2020, 09:49 AM

Lidl today had plenty of water and other stuff but it was more crowded thank usual. I did not look for TP. the main thing they were short on was milk. Lots of produce.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:31 PM
Isaiah 10:1-3
Charter Member

My school district just closed every school one week before Spring Break, so I headed out this morning to Bevmo for supplies. Weird runs - not a single Wild Turkey product to be found, or any non-flavored Beam product. Bacardi handles were non-existent. But plenty of Tito's and Buffalo Trace, so we're good!

The local boutique market was stripped of the usual, but the meat cases were full as was the beer cellar and wine cellar. Produce was really picked over, as was the frozen foods aisle. So I bought beer, meat and cat litter. The Kindles are charged and loaded, we have whiskey and a loaded pantry thanks to a restock run earlier in the week before the panic, so I'm just locking the doors and watching the crazy from afar for a few weeks.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:38 PM

Went to the grocery store around noon. I was prepared to turn around and come home if it was a zoo; all I needed were little things like dish soap.

Wasn't much busier than a usual weekend. LOTS of TP, bottled water, and paper towels staged all over the store.

Wife wanted rice, but they were out of rice. Everything else looked pretty normal.

Oh, the bananas. They were all green, and I mean green. I've never seen bananas that green in the store before.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Amazon had TP last I looked.
I checked last night and they didn’t. There were a few listings but once you went to them they said unavailable or had an April 10-April 30 delivery date. I think there was one mega box with 80 rolls of really horrid custodial supply grade TP for around $75. No hand sanitizer either.

I went to my grocery an hour or so ago. They were out of TP, almost out of paper towels and out of hand sanitizer and down to a few bottles of hand soap. They were almost out of bulk pack ramen noodles and, except for a couple of 3 packs, out of bulk packs of the cup style ramen (which is what I was after, I’m too lazy to make the other kind.) But they had plenty of individual packages in all flavors and styles.

And all else was good. Plenty of milk, plenty of canned goods -the beans / chili shelf seemed only about half full but it was far from empty.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 03-14-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:49 PM

I wonder how many people have gotten exposed to this virus due to the crowds at these shopping centers over the past few days. Glad I did my prepping over the past six weeks.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:05 PM
Charter Member

The stupid has struck here in Portland, apparently. I stopped at a local Kroger offshoot (QFC) this morning for a few items for soup. The store was full of people with overflowing food carts, and many shelves were empty. I snagged the last package of chicken breasts, but struck out for carrots and bulk celery. Found a package of organic celery and a fennel bulb. Got one of the two remaining packages of egg noodles. Found a lone quart of half & half in the chiller.

The stupidity of hoarding aside, how much sense does it make, in a (CAUTION: SCARY WORDS AHEAD!) declared pandemic, to gather at a grocery store with a hundred or more of your neighbors all breathing on each other?

And I really don't understand the thinking behind buying up huge quantities of water. Tap water here is some of the best in the country.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:10 PM
Charter Member

I went to Target a few hours ago, just to see how bad it was. The toilet paper and paper towel aisles were completely empty, facial tissue section mostly empty, bar soaps half empty, household detergents also half empty and the Tide laundry detergents half empty, with almost no bottles of liquid detergent left and only some of the laundry pods. Really amazing.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:44 PM

I have a theory about bananas, celery etc. I think people are camouflaging their panic buying. Getting mundane things to make it look like "Oh, me? Nooooo, I'm not panic buying. Just a normal shopping trip. Look! I got asparagus! Who panic buys asparagus, amirite?"
Old 03-14-2020, 05:21 PM

Or they're out of asparagus.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:40 PM

Saturday: I'm up in the mountains awaiting not-too-much snow by Tuesday when I'll hopefully motor down below (Sacramento valley) to what passes for "civilization" including CostCo, Target, a major Asian market, Trader Joe's, and whatever shopping center the Mercedes dealer parks me while they replace faulty RV airbags. I may survive.

Yesterday the local market (of a 3-store chain) had picked-over shelves of sanitizer and TP but with most left. WalMart a couple days before had TP but no cheap mouthwash. I guess there's a fear-of-vomit panic. Dog help us.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:52 PM

North Alabama here. Went out earlier today, both Kroger and Publix have no TP at all and while I did get a couple boxes of tissue paper at Publix (limit 2), they were down to the last dozen boxes. Bread is still available, as is fruit and veggies, but soup is almost gone (unless you like Cream of Mushroom; they had plenty of that left) and the frozen pizzas look to have been hit hard.

Still, most of the shelves are still pretty full, it's not like the stores have been stripped. Just 'essential' products (whatever they are in people's minds).

Probably try to get out again Monday when they restock and see what happens.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Or they're out of asparagus.
Everybody is out of asparagus? You can switch in any number of mentioned products and the idea is the same. Everybody did not need bananas/celery/asparagus coincidentally at the same time. It's cover.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:59 PM

Santa Cruz, CA. Last night the huge Capitola Safeway had no, repeat NO chicken or hamburger; 40 foot coffin fridges completely empty. The butcher's comment was, "people have lost their minds!" I didn't check for TP, but the woman in front of me at the checker was buying 48 rolls on top of the overflowing cart of other things. I was hoping to get some laundry bleach for, you know, laundry -- fat chance. Truly, the stupid is rampant at the moment.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:16 PM
Charter Member

Lucked out on the TP, I guess. Last time we bought it at Cosco was a couple of weeks ago, before everyone lost their minds. There were still some rolls under the sink, so we have a full brick of the stuff. We also happened to restock our spaghetti, tomato sauce and chicken stock on that trip, so we're in good shape. In addition, we keep an emergency stash of canned and dry food in the RV in the case of a major seismic event or other short term disaster, so we shouldn't have to mingle with the masses for some time, other than for milk and bread.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:24 PM

Bananas are easy to explain: People are going to be stuck at home with bored needy children while still being expected to telework. Bananas are a snack even the youngest can manage on their own.

I find the water confusing too. Even in Wuhan the water and electrical supply never faltered. I can only surmise that folks checked their disaster preparedness list and bought everything on it. Maybe they think this will be our SHTF event.

Personally, I don't think it will be bad for more than a couple of months. I've been stocking the larder, and thinking ahead about protein, fiber, and vitamins. With everyone working from home the groceries are liable to fly out of the pantry. We are well stocked now, and will join a CSA this year to b sure we'll have fresh food if this continues into the Summer.

I absolutely do expect logistics breakdowns to occur. The Department of Commerce has been utterly silent. This is ridiculous. As each State makes it's own rules to fill the vacuum from the Fed, the interstate trucking industry could easily falter. At a minimum, they could be forced to drive around certain jurisdictions, slowing the arrival of products. I expect stores on the edge to go under, and imported goods to be at a premium.

Enjoy your bananas while you can; they don't grow in CONUS.

Last edited by TruCelt; 03-14-2020 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:56 PM
Sluice Gate Tender, FCD #3
Charter Member

Woke up a little before 5 this morning and decided to make my weekly WinCo run a couple hours early. At 5:30 the parking lot was over half full. Grabbed a cart from the corral (my usual practice, and a good move because there were none in the cart garage at the entrance). Got in and found that more than a few people had two carts piled high; at least one had three. General impression was a Biblical plague of locusts.

As expected, no hand sanitizer or liquid hand soap. Produce was pretty much picked clear, as were any number of frozen items ó in places the stockers didn't bother unpacking the cartons, just cut them open and stuffed them in the freezer.

The store had signs all over about limits on things like TP, paper towels and water (as has been noted above: why hoard water, do people think the virus will clog pipes?) so they had a pretty fair supply. Of course, the signs don't stop idiocy: while I was waiting to check out I heard at least four people being told they had to turn something back; one tried to argue, apparently she thought she had a Constitutional right to buy as much as she wanted.

The chain's website said that for the next two weeks "some locations" will be closed from midnight to 5 so they can restock. Tells me that either there were so many people were on the floor that the stockers couldn't work, or perhaps there were some numbskulls bird-dogging the stockroom doors so they could pounce as soon as stuff came out.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Woke up a little before 5 this morning and decided to make my weekly WinCo run a couple hours early.
Went to Costco last night for "non-essentials." Found everything we needed. On the other hand, we saw empty pallets in all of the food aisles. The bread aisle was bone dry. Same for TP and paper towels.

Went to WinCo for a few things today around 11am. Looks like a war zone. Checking out a friend was running the register. He got called in for the 5am opening. (The store is normally open 24 hours.) There were 250 people waiting to get in at 5am. The register lines went to the back of the store until just before I arrived. The store will close a midnight tonight and reopen at 7am so the night shift can restock without interruption.

He told me if this panic buying does not stop by midweek, the WinCo warehouses will be empty. I pushed and he said means no food at all for several weeks in stores.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:25 PM
Charter Member

We are in Mexico right now and arriving home tomorrow night, so have had no opportunity to panic shop. The freezer and panty are in good shape (I think we have 20+ lbs. of dried beans and lentils under normal circumstances), and we should be fine even for perishables for at least a week or two. I can bake my own bread, etc., but the home garden is going to be more important than usual this year.

Have any of you tried smaller local and/or ethnic markets? How were they? We have lots in our neighborhood. Or places like beauty supply stores for disinfectants/aloe vera gel/alcohol/peroxide?
Old 03-14-2020, 07:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Lucked out on the TP, I guess. Last time we bought it at Cosco was a couple of weeks ago, before everyone lost their minds. There were still some rolls under the sink, so we have a full brick of the stuff. We also happened to restock our spaghetti, tomato sauce and chicken stock on that trip, so we're in good shape. In addition, we keep an emergency stash of canned and dry food in the RV in the case of a major seismic event or other short term disaster, so we shouldn't have to mingle with the masses for some time, other than for milk and bread.
Yeah, I was at Target last night and finally saw the evidence of hoarding, with the TP, bread, and paper towels wiped out. Luckily, my wife sent me out for napkins which, oddly, there were plenty of. Everything else seemed relatively okay -- I did note a run on feminine hygiene products and, for some reason, plain Cheerios were cleared off the shelves. All the other cereals, including Honey Nut Cheerios, seemed fine. Staples were relatively untouched. I bough an extra 5 pound bag of flour just in case.

Meanwhile, this afternoon I was at the local convenience/discount store, and there was plenty of TP there. Two rolls for a buck. It was some no-name brand I had never heard of and don't remember, but there was no shortage of toilet paper or paper towels there. I did not check the hand sanitizer/sani-wipes situation though.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:27 PM

My friend went to Costco last Monday and saw a woman shopper in full hazmat bodysuit. (This is in the Seattle area.)
Old 03-14-2020, 07:58 PM
Charter Member

Unlike so many here I did NOT go out today.

I was four days in the meat grinder this week, including 10 hours yesterday. I spent today inside recovering and resting. I did manage to get the dishes done and the laundry, but the parrot cages will have to wait another day. I had a friend stop by for dinner. The way things are going that may be the last visitor I have for some time, who knows? Salmon, rice, carrots, and a bottle of wine - hey, just because there's a global pandemic doesn't mean we can't eat well!

I had plans today, but I realized early on that not a lot was going to get done. I'm sure there's something I've overlooked (there always is) but for now my bunker is well stocked so I opted to rest and de-stress as much as possible.

Tomorrow I go back to a cash register. Wish me luck. I might need it.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:08 PM
Charter Member

Iím in Whole Foods right now. The bread is basically gone... except for hot dog buns and various brioche breads.

All the pasta is gone except for the bullshit hemp pasta etc.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:16 PM

I went to Target today and they had everything but toilet paper. There weren't even many shoppers. I then went to Kroger (Bartlett, TN) and they were a little low on bread, had no toilet paper or paper towels. I was really hoping to get paper towels, just the regular supply, but I guess I can rely on rags and sponges for cleaning. They were a bit busy but not worse than the usual. I swear though, I'm a really careful shopper when it comes to prices and I could swear they were just a bit higher than usual. Little things like 2 liter cokes being 1.99. The highest I've ever seen here is 1.79 and there's usually some deal to make up for it. My usual bread was marked up 30 cents higher than usual.

But then I ran in to Walmart grocery and it was post-apocalyptic. There were no parking places. People were getting dropped off at the door. There was no more paper of any sort, no cleaning supplies, no bread, no milk, one lone pack of brown organic five dollar a dozen eggs with one cracked egg, and the meat department was about a quarter full. Produce was iffy. What they had was brown, except the bananas... which were bright green. Plenty canned goods and junk food though. I stood in line about 20 minutes in the self-check. Usually you only go there when you have a few items right? There were people with two full baskets at those self-checks and in every line as well.

I'm hoping this whole TP thing dies down soon because I have about a week's worth left. I really don't want to get out again either. What a nightmare that was.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:55 PM

The thing about stocking up on toilet paper is just weird. People will not be shitting at an accelerated rate so why the need. Is this what you really need during a collapse of society? Toilet paper?

The manufacturing out-put of toilet paper is fairly stable. It is tuned to the market demand. Sure there is some movement back and forth between brands but the need is stable. People are not suddenly shitting more.

Increasing production would involve adding another paper machine. A huge, block long, multimillion dollar investment, that would take a year of more to even get up and running, for a short term shortage.

The local paper mill runs 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year with only minimal scheduled down time for major maintenance. There is no excess capacity.

It is an artificial shortage. The supply train will briefly run dry, only to be re-filled, as people shit on the over-supply that they have bought.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:20 PM
BANNED

I was at the supermarket today. They're out of a lot. Including toilet paper.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Jones View Post
The thing about stocking up on toilet paper is just weird. People will not be shitting at an accelerated rate so why the need. Is this what you really need during a collapse of society? Toilet paper?

The manufacturing out-put of toilet paper is fairly stable. It is tuned to the market demand. Sure there is some movement back and forth between brands but the need is stable. People are not suddenly shitting more.

Increasing production would involve adding another paper machine. A huge, block long, multimillion dollar investment, that would take a year of more to even get up and running, for a short term shortage.

The local paper mill runs 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year with only minimal scheduled down time for major maintenance. There is no excess capacity.

It is an artificial shortage. The supply train will briefly run dry, only to be re-filled, as people shit on the over-supply that they have bought.
Yes I think it's just the effect of people going from whatever average stock of TP they keep now (there's a thread on it with lots of people saying not much) to a higher stock level. We generally have a 30 roll pack in reserve plus the one we're using, the size we buy at Costco. Two person household, we probably don't use a whole roll per week so our average stock isn't far short of a year's worth. If people with a typical stock of just a few weeks stock up it to ~45 weeks that's going to soak up all production for awhile. OK maybe they won't increase their stocks that much, probably some weeks till the shortage subsides I'd guess.

It's not like masks or hand sanitizer where the actual usage rate might also go up a lot semi-permanently.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:43 PM

I went to the Costco to buy a case of the kind of fizzy water they have that I like. They were out, so I bought a handle of Jameson instead. That, they weren't out of. People's priorities are weird.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:17 AM

In Australia, where the TP shortage hit hard and early, there is excess production capacity. One of the big suppliers is running a double shift. Eventually we're going to using TP rolls for lounge furniture.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbourne View Post
In Australia, where the TP shortage hit hard and early, there is excess production capacity. One of the big suppliers is running a double shift. Eventually we're going to using TP rolls for lounge furniture.
Yeah I wonder if we'll get the bounce-back too much production effect in about a month where suddenly canned soup and toilet paper are rolling out of stores with excess inventory, or if it will be like the American ammo shortages of 2014 where ammo became impossible to find for a solid year, then production met demand and while ammo is plentiful now it still is nowhere near as cheap as it was before the panic-buying.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:21 AM
Charter Member

I live alone. I shop at Costco. I have a two year supply of TP. I also have a years worth of coffee filters, two years worth of paper towels, Six years worth of envelopes, and paper, cheap ballpoint pens and pencils. Still have both of the grease pencils I bought three years ago. My two bottles of booze have lasted me a whole year, so far, I might need one or the other before next year. My lime juice is approaching its use by date, and is still half full. I get my coffee on order, comes USPS. Got a years supply of tea leaves I stocked up on condensed milk when I found out Borden's filed for bankruptcy. (I might not live long enough to run out of that, I only use it for tea.) I am sure I will die with some of the Qtips, and bandaids I have on hand. I do run out of books, now and then, though. I have enough white cotton gloves for drill team, and a couple of boxes of nitrile gloves. I have actually reached the last few weeks worth of Rolled Oats. Got lots of wheat germ, Oat bran, cornmeal, flour, and sugar, molasses, vinegar, mustard, peppercorns, salt, and replaced most of my spices just a year or two ago. Hardly eat the canned food I have, probably ought to check the dates. There's a half dozen cans of pretty much everything I eat.

Living alone and being a cheapskate eventually makes you a survivalist.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triskadecamus View Post
Living alone and being a cheapskate eventually makes you a survivalist.
Living with another cheapskate in semi-boonies in PG&E territory tends in that direction too. Even with a generator now, PG&E's "new normal" of regular power cutoffs has us stay fairly stocked except meds that must be replenished every couple months at least. Plenty of packaged non-perishables, dried vegs, coffee, wine, batteries, guitar strings, TP, etc. Nothing like a Mormon stash but we could stay in for some weeks as long as water (not a problem) and power are available. Or we could drive our little RV to a less remote locale.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:42 AM

All the stores I've been in here in Tucson have been out of TP. At the Walgreens some poor clerk had to tell 6 people in a row that they were out of sanitizer and weren't sure when they were going to be getting any more.

The Basha's grocery store near me was almost out of kitty litter. I bought some because I need to change over her litter and I was out. The cans of Spaghetti-Os, canned ravioli & whatever else Chef Boyardee makes were really picked over.

I bought frosted cherry Pop-Tarts, just in case.