Old 09-09-2019, 05:12 AM

MMP? Here it is.

Not seeing a new one yet. Happy Moanday!
Old 09-09-2019, 05:27 AM

First!

::shakes fist at Butters:: There was none when I sat down; just typed a long one with a good topic & checked before I posted & found out I was ninjaed by a one-liner.

Last edited by Spiderman; 09-09-2019 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:29 AM
Charter Member

Good morning. Finishing my 2nd cup of coffee, and getting ready for a day of minor around-the-house chores (the bane of retirees, I think). A trip to the dump, installing a ceiling fan, ditto some shelves, and later this week hanging around a power-less house while electricians rewire everything around the circuit box.

The good stuff, currently brining a pork butt and will start smoking it around 6 am tomorrow. Looking forward to several pounds of pulled pork from that.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:46 AM

I work in IT, and the project I have been working on for the last 4 months comes up for user acceptance testing (UAT) today. Me and my team will be corralled into a large conference room at the user location, a few miles from my regular workplace. There will be a live demonstration for a 50+ audience to begin with. Then the users will descend like ravenous beasts on the tender software and take it apart, field by field. As UATs go, there will be plenty of "That's not what we wanted", "It's too slow", and "This doesn't seem right" coming my way. Though I will be well armed with the requirements documentation, it is unlikely to convince any end-user, who is always right, BTW.

The system is a month late, and I did the complex user interface stuff all by myself, which should elicit some interesting comments aimed directly at me.

I am so looking forward to the whole experience for the next 2 weeks.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:04 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

mandala - I expect you hear "That's what it says but it's not what we meant!!!" and similar silliness. Good luck to you. You may like to try my mantra: "ilovemyjobilovemyjobilovemyjob"

spidey - I always check before posting an MMP, and it is unsatisfying when someone gets there first and everything I've written goes away. Such is life, right?

Even tho it's my day off, I'm up, showered, and dressed already. FCD had to make an early delivery of a test fixture he built this weekend. My only plan for today is taking Roxy to the library to play for a while, then swinging by the Amish market to see if they have any more peaches. We might get rain today - I sure hope so! Other than that, just another day in semi-retirement paradise. Barely over 3 months till the end.

Happy Moanday!
Old 09-09-2019, 06:07 AM

There is no reason Spidey can’t post it anyway is there?
Old 09-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
There is no reason Spidey can’t post it anyway is there?
I was just thinking the same thing. It's not like the MMP stays on any given topic for more than about two or three posts anyway.

DH came home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. He's currently still asleep. I've got a pile of phone calls to make, need to shovel out the mini-cave, and he has an appointment with his primary care doctor for a followup relating to his diabetes (diagnosed long ago, but he hasn't been as diligent about dealing with it as we could have wanted). The Princess has decided she's sticking with the "mama's kitty" thing instead of playing nurse kitty.

Last edited by Seanette; 09-09-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:16 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

No, Butters, there isn't. But if he wants to pout, that's his problem, isn't it? Maybe you two can start a long-running feud over it - goodness knows, we don't have nearly enough drama in the MMP!

I crack me up!!
Old 09-09-2019, 06:55 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 79 Amurrkin out and cloudyish with a predicted high of 97 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Today is spiff da cave day, plus waitin' for meds to be delivered via FedEx. Sup shall be meatballs 'n gravy, rice, green beans, squishes and rolls. Oh and I have Vestry meetin' this evenin'. Rah.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Moanday Y'all!
Old 09-09-2019, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today.

Happy escape week,m Nava!

Sorry about not escaping mandala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
No, Butters, there isn't. But if he wants to pout, that's his problem, isn't it? Maybe you two can start a long-running feud over it - goodness knows, we don't have nearly enough drama in the MMP!
I have popcorn and a lawnchair, just in case.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
There is no reason Spidey canít post it anyway is there?
Absolutely! It contained a timely story with a related pre-hijack question; how can we go back to a pre-hijack question after it's already been hijacked???
Space time continuum breaks...& you know what else happens.

Quote:
Encouraging long-running feuds? That's not very nice, dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
I have popcorn and a lawnchair, just in case.
::Repeatedly presses button to pour excessive hot warm butter unhealthy oil on Doggio's popcorn!::

It's a Moanday, alright; besides typing out a witty story for naught I thought my pass/badge was in my bag; it's not, the train was late & I forgot my shades, too.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:57 AM

Unlike mandala, I'm escaping UAT and other piles of testing. Thursday is my last day at this particular project.

Happy thoughts for all o' ya.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:19 AM

Morning. Watering the back lawn this morning while it's still relatively cool (due to get to 94F today). Some library time is planned and may do some shopping if I can come up with a list.

FCM, no feuding, please; this is my laid-back-beach-in-Jamacia place on the Internet.

Nava, enjoy your last week with the idiots.

mandala, hope the tests go well.

All y'all take care.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:47 AM

i got up early this morning to see hubby and his friend off and wound up mopping the floor at 6 am. Also picked up and did some general tidying. At irk now, of course.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 09-09-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:22 AM

Good luck mandala!

I write software that is sold to other organizations, it sounds like you do software for your company, maybe?

My company has a dedicated group of testers that start testing the software long before it goes to production, so we have a lot more "back & forth" about how it works vs. how it should be working. I cherish my testers, they keep me from looking like an idiot.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:30 AM

I'm new to the MMP and already have questions about this User Acceptance Testing, to wit: This is real at some companies? I mean, really real? IT doesn't just throw it over the wall with a hearty, "Fuck you, users?" Then why is there a wall in the first place? I thought you realized that your forefathers erected that wall to protect you from the stupid users and their asinine questions and baseless expectations that you will answer them and "fix" the software, whatever that means.

(signed)
Yer ol' pal drop, sometime resident of both sides of the wall
Old 09-09-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
I'm new to the MMP and already have questions about this User Acceptance Testing, to wit: This is real at some companies? I mean, really real? IT doesn't just throw it over the wall with a hearty, "Fuck you, users?" Then why is there a wall in the first place? I thought you realized that your forefathers erected that wall to protect you from the stupid users and their asinine questions and baseless expectations that you will answer them and "fix" the software, whatever that means.

(signed)
Hehe, you remind me of the days of yore when we would throw in irritating bugs and let the user discover them, then congratulate them for finding it and pretend to fix it. But back then I had younger blood.

Today a group of users came to me and asked if I could suppress the "ugly" single-sign-on message. I said no, it is essential to the process. They informed me they would discuss it, and went away grumbling that "it won't get positive feedback". Dudes, I cannot suppress the authentication process because you don't like it!

Its going to be a looong week.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:54 AM

I just got a text from hubby's friend. Hubs is back in normal rhythm and they are leaving to come home in an hour. Excellent news that. He will be groggy for the rest of the day I imagine.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:43 PM

Happy Moonday!

We got the rain you are wishing for FCM
It was a rainy and chilly morning. The sun is trying to come out, so I hope the pooch plunge is still on for tonight.

I dreamed about puppies all night last night. I dreamed my son brought a golden retriever puppy home so I had to call the breeder and tell her I couldn't take Echo.
Then I dreamed I had a whole mess of puppies... very active and bratty puppies, that could talk back, in English.

I think her name will be Echo, it kind of goes with Ripple, and is much more dignified than Jiggle.

My IT story...

Once had to do a report for a VP. He told me what he wanted and sent a rough idea of what the report should look like. I told him that I thought the report wasn't going to give him the information that he wanted and that the format was wrong. He insisted that that was what he wanted. He was a real asshole, I think the only person who liked him was his secretary (who was about to become wife#3, replacing his former secretary who had become wife #2, who had replaced former secretary and wife #1).
So our entire department was in the conference room, on a conference call with departments in two other states. The VP was in charge of a project and he pulled out the report I had created for him and started berating me over it... in front of everybody. He went on and on about how worthless the report was, how it didn't tell him anything he needed, and that the design of the report was awful. Then he says to me, 'who was so stupid to design this report?'
I opened my 'book of memos' and said, 'If you look back at memos dated (a mess of dates), you will see... you did'.
OMG, you heard a few snorts and then dead silence as all the speakers went on mute. My boss was sitting there, literally shaking with tears rolling down his face choking back the laughter. All of my co-workers were laughing. It took a few minutes before we heard the speakers come back on and the meeting could continue.
I really hadn't tried to have that effect, it was simply that I was not going to allow anybody to make me look stupid and humiliate me in front of multiple departments.

So on the agenda for today is finishing laundry from yesterday, and cleaning the powder room. I should do some yard irk. The kitchen needs a good cleaning. I need to go for a blood test, but since I don't have to fast for it I think I will go tomorrow. The doctor should have the results by my next Wednesday appointment.

I'm glad your hubbie is doing well Butters.

Hope your DH is doing better soon Nettie

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 09-09-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Butters and Nettie, hope both husband-units keep getting better.

Sari, a chance like that comes along so rarely, and few of us have the guts to do it...my congratulations!

Zyada and dropzone, nice of you to join us. Pull up a lounge chair by swampy's pool, steal a beer from spidey, and stay awhile.

Temperature was supposed to get to 94F today--it is now 98F according to the weather-folks. Have lunched and shopped for bottled water and I think that's it for right now. Probably nap before soccer practice (and we'll practice lightly in this heat).

All y'all take care.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:19 PM
born to be shunned

I worked. I have little idea what I did or how well I did it but ----------- I had a kick-ass time of it!

Good to see some of the faces I saw and it feels like a good fit. I am quite pleased with myself.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:35 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

So, ruble, are you still with Da Jungle? Your recent posts about it were cryptic to me.

sari - I congratulate you also! How long did that job last?

I had other comments to make to others, but, well, never mind.

Roxy and I went to the library where, among other things, she filled her diaper mightily. After I cleaned her up, we walked to the Amish market - holy crap on a cracker, is that place overpriced!! So we lunched at DQ, and when we got home, she went down for a nap and I knitted. I'm just back from the other Amish market where the prices are much nicer ($4 for a box of peaches vice $6) and I'm thinking about what to make for supper.

It's been a good day overall.

And welcome, new Mumpers! Someone will bestow Mumper names upon you - I'm not feeling creative enough to attempt it.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:45 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
So, ruble, are you still with Da Jungle? Your recent posts about it were cryptic to me.
Same river different branch ------- and still being there is why I have to be sort of cryptic. I moved to another building that we do the actual delivery part out of. Not doing that exactly but getting the routes together for the drivers.

PS -- a friend is going to be on Penn&Teller "Fool Us" ------ don't know if he did or not. Gotta watch that tonight.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I spiffed da cave, had some quality cee-mint pond time, made and et sup, and attended Vestry meetin'. Also, we had a smallish storm come through and cool the temp down nicely. All in all not a bad day.

Nettie yay for DH bein' home!

Butters yay for hubs feelin' better!

Everyone else, yays and whatevers.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:09 PM

Dinner has been et, & the car has a full belly, too. Though idiot lady was working at the gas station tonight.

I has downloaded (but not yet gone thru) all of the pics, but not yet the video from this weekend. Why is it taking so long, you ask? Over 1200 pics taken, but sadly none of penguins in F'in'town.

The first line of the kiboshed MMP was a ♫ dun, dun, dun ♫ warning - Friday is a double-whammy; it is both the 13th & a full moon.
Therefore, iffn you happen to walk under a salty ladder, throw a black cat over your shoulder...or sumtin like dat.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:22 PM

I've never really followed the MMPs, so I'm not terribly familiar with the rules. Is it mostly for routine, everyday kind of stuff?
Old 09-09-2019, 07:55 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
I've never really followed the MMPs, so I'm not terribly familiar with the rules. Is it mostly for routine, everyday kind of stuff?

Think in terms of things to mundane to ever deserve a thread of their own, the weather in Georgia, or one of the worst puns you have ever heard being applicable to something someone else said. That and making fun of Flytrap.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
doggio, have you not been a dog servant long enough to know that they have no sense whatsoever of time?
Yeah, but he was cuddlier than usual. Maybe he did something while I was out.

Quote:
Mostly for things that are too mundane an pointless for a regular MPSIMS thread. But feel free to celebrate victories and look for some solace. We're good for that, too.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:28 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
The main thing is to not lend money to Dogbutt, Kopecbutt or Spiderbutt.

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; for loan doth oft lose both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry" Which means, those motherfu-kers won't pay you back.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
We're very random around here. Anything that crosses someone's mind is likely to emerge from their keyboard.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:00 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

The first line of the kiboshed MMP was a ♫ dun, dun, dun ♫ warning - Friday is a double-whammy; it is both the 13th & a full moon.
Therefore, iffn you happen to walk under a salty ladder, throw a black cat over your shoulder...or sumtin like dat.
I actually already said this but the internet ate my post.

I am not superstitious but ------- even though I am not working Friday and the weather could be good I am not going to be riding my motorcycle. The guy who tried to deliberately hit me with his car was a Friday the 13th and the drunk who ran me off the road was a Friday the 13th. C'mon ------ what are the odds?

PS

Our friend fooled Penn & Teller!!!!! We first saw him at the amusement park in his one before-act photo where I almost screwed up one of his tricks by handing him a Zimbabwe Ten Billion Dollar note. He was so surprised that he claimed afterwards he almost flubbed it. The dude may be one of the best up-close magicians -- heck he IS THE BEST I have ever seen.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:52 PM

Home awaiting the patient. Now just to be able to keep him home for the rest of the day. If he is feeling good it will be a chore.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:02 PM
Charter Member

Went and watched practice. It was just the minor league guys today, they were happy to have an audience. I also did laundry. I was gone 3 hours, but Gordie acted like I had just did 10 years in Sing Sing.

Hope the hubbies are healing(and listening to the docs, Nettie and Butters.

Welcome Dropzone! But Blue Sun? I'll stick with my brown coat, thakyouverymuch.

Glad you like the new posistion, Ruble. For now.

sari. if you were in Jacksonville, Fla., I'd say name the new pup "Nick Folds".
Old 09-09-2019, 06:45 PM

Lotsa luck mandala!

Yay for the hubs' progress nettie and butters!

May you enjoy the new gig even after you figure out WTH you're doing ruble.

doggio, have you not been a dog servant long enough to know that they have no sense whatsoever of time?

Today was a typical Monday, grumpy and all. tomorrow, I will work on sales orders, given that I'm the only backup for that guy in the department now and I need to refresh my memory a couple of times a month to make sure that I can still do the convoluted system for them.

I dropped the car off again this afternoon and got the stinky one back until tomorrow afternoon. That little car only has 3200 miles on it and smells like someone has smoked several cartons of Luckys in it while on stakeout. When it gets returned to the sales floor, it will be a hard sell, since they've already detailed it to death. I'm also surprised that that little Accent doesn't get as good gas mileage as my Elantra.

Wednesday, I took the day off to take a friend to the retinopathist in Nashville. He has to get some of the same treatments as I have in the past and, while he could drive himself there, will not be able to drive back. I figured that since I've roped friends into friends have done the same for me, I would pay it forward. Karma and all.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:35 PM

ruble, glad your friend did well; Peen & Teller are among the best at their business and fooling them ain't easy. And hope the new job goes well, even if we won't get as many...entertaining stories out of it.

Robot Arm, the MMP is like a bunch of old friends meeting for coffee at the local Hardee's (or McDonalds or Starbucks, et. al.), comparing aches and pains, catching up on work and/or family matters, joking and consoling, and in general doing what friends do. Pull up a chair; there's always room for one more. And I hereby bestow upon you the MMP name Waldo.

Soccer has been practiced, didn't work them to hard as it was still above 90F, but the boys did OK. Let Mick's place do dinner tonight.

All y'all have a good night now.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 09-09-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
The main thing is to not lend money to Dogbutt, Kopecbutt or Spiderbutt.
And say no to Flytra's sales ptich about ocean front property in Montana.

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; for loan doth oft lose both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry" Which means, those motherfu-kers won't pay you back.
Quote:
The tech startup I work for was just acquired for $400 million.
Congrats ,I hope?
Old 09-09-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post

(signed)
I worked for a company that handled it both ways. UAT was used for flagship product. All the little things were thrown over the wall to marketing, along with gajillion $ in sales targets, with no actual user research done. Then, if a product failed, it was marketing's fault, for failing to launch a product with no budget, no plan, and zero company backing. But, and this is soooo key, the demo rocked.

Quote:
I just got a text from hubby's friend. Hubs is back in normal rhythm and they are leaving to come home in an hour. Excellent news that. He will be groggy for the rest of the day I imagine.
Butters - good news on the hubby!

Nettie - hope your hubby continues to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Zyada and dropzone, nice of you to join us. Pull up a lounge chair by swampy's pool, steal a beer from spidey, and stay awhile.
Don't forget the offerings of chocolate and beverages.

ruble glad the secret thing is going well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Friday is a double-whammy; it is both the 13th & a full moon.
Now, now - my mom was born on September 13th AND it was a Friday. It's considered a good luck day around here.

Quote:
Oh, okay, never mind, then.
Hey now! We basically gossip, and share news, and chat. It's a little friendly chat group within the larger Dope. Pull up a chair and stay a while.

Quote:
The tech startup I work for was just acquired for $400 million.
Woo-hoo! Assuming that works out well for you, I mean. I've been on both sides of that...

Quote:
[B]Robot Arm --- And I hereby bestow upon you the MMP name Waldo.
Metal Mouse - could you explain the name?

Hubby is off in Texas all week again. They've got a product checkpoint meeting.

Life is a big ball of stress right now, but I'm sure we'll muddle through.

Beer and ice cream for dinner. (For me, not the kids. )

Hugs and happy Mondays to all.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
Congrats ,I hope?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Woo-hoo! Assuming that works out well for you, I mean. I've been on both sides of that...
Don't have all the details yet, but at first blush it does appear to be good news.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Metal Mouse - could you explain the name?
Yep. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_manipulator

Quote:
A remote manipulator, also known as a telefactor, telemanipulator, or waldo (after the 1942 short story "Waldo" by Robert A. Heinlein which features a man who invents and uses such devices), is a device which, through electronic, hydraulic, or mechanical linkages, allows a hand-like mechanism to be controlled by a human operator. The purpose of such a device is usually to move or manipulate hazardous materials for reasons of safety, similar to the operation and play of a claw crane game.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:04 AM

Mornin' all! Hi new people!

I impulse bought a cheap slow cooker yesterday, anyone got any tips for using one? I'm one o they vegematarian people if you recall, so I'm thinking beans and veggie stews and things, but I've never used one before.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:46 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 73 Amurrkin out and clear (well, dark) with a predicted high of 96 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Today I get to do laundry. Woo and Hoo. Also clear some space in the garage as I may need to temporarily store some cave furnishin's whilst floors are bein' replaced. I am hopin' the floorin' folks will begin installation on Thursday. Da cave will have all wood floors when this is done. After that, new granite kitchen counters and that will be the end of da cave remodel. Not lookin' forward to the mess, but the end product will be worth it. Tonight we celebrate Taco Tuesday. OL»!

Nuts slow cookers are great for soups, stews, and beans. I do a lot of roasts and stuff as well. You will come to love it I guarantee.

Waldo congrats on the buy out especially since it seems to be a good thing for you.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, onward into the day. Rah.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:32 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:47 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

So glad I came in on Sat, because I have a metric crap-load of stuff awaiting me today. None of it hard, just lots of little things that need to be fixed/changed/updated. I wish the electrical engineers and the mechanical engineers would speak to each other before sending work to me. A simple conversation could prevent a lot of annoying edits. But it all pays the same...

A heat wave returneth - so much for having the house open and the a/c off. Stoopit weather.

That's all I've got - must start work. Happy Tuesday!
Old 09-10-2019, 06:28 AM

Good Tooosday morning. I'm up, caffeinated, and somewhat productive.

I've put on a smallish pot of Chicken & Vegetable soup, made with my homemade stock. Keto-friendly-ish. It seems that my BG works with me, when I eat Keto. So, there we go. FML. That'll be lunch/dinner.

I ordered my new fridge, from Lowe's. It'll be here the 19th, at some point. That's what they told me, anyway. It's nothing fancy. We can't get anything fancy through the damned doors. They're small. The hovel in which we reside, is just over 100 years old. It's got high ceilings, HUGE windows, and small-ish doors. They got it backasswards, in my opinion. Anyway, I've been living out of a mini fridge for the past two weeks. NOT a good thing. But, it works. I have no right to complain, to be honest.

It's supposed to be 90*, or a bit higher, today. I'm sure the humidity will kick in, at some point, as well. Joy.

I'm waiting to hear from the garage. They're supposed to call me, with the estimate, for a new heater core, for my Jeep. NOT lookin' forward to that. Good grief.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:58 AM

Waldo, be glad your Delta name isn’t Flounder or Pinto. Why yes, I watched Animal House a few weeks ago. Today the heat is back. Close to 90 for the next few days. Blech.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:08 AM

Kids off to school, dogs "constitutionaled," puppy off to vet for basic puppy stuff. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet of two big dogs and coffee on the back porch while it's coolish. Waiting for a delivery that requires a signature. Gotta replace a rotting tread on the back steps, and put some shelves together in the storage, and take Thing 3 to a meeting tonight. Meeting's from 5:30-7:00 on a school night, so probably carry-out on the menu.

Trying to rectify overlooked puppy pictures from previous week. Cookie Monster https://imgur.com/gallery/dD9thPD Forgive the photo quality - wiggly pup - and my poor linking skills. I'm missing some detail I used to know about making that look prettier.

Time for more caffeine.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:14 AM

98F predicted for the high today. Blurf. Need to shop at Staples and Barnes and Noble, probably need to get out there about 9am (after school starts and the work rush is over) before the furnace kicks in. I'm really, really ready for Fall to start...

nonacetone (forgot you Mumper name), sounds like the start of a day you'll gladly forget. This too shall pass.

FCM, I thought engineers were barley able to speak, much less to each other...

swampy, good luck with the floors. I'm thinking of covering my wood floors with carpet come springtime, never did a good job taking care of them and keeping them clean, at least carpet I can sweep now and then.

All y'all take care.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:31 AM
Charter Member

Nuttin' like gettin' ahead of oneself by a week. It's next week I shall deal with floorin'. That's OK cause I still have enough stuff to deal with today to keep me outta trouble.

Peaches linky no worky for me.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Worked, came home. had an Old Fashioned.

Sunny, Hope your hardware didn't wreck your wetware.

{{{{Nettie}}}}

Peaches, link does not work.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:54 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
FCM, I thought engineers were barley able to speak, much less to each other...
Oh, engineers speak, tho it's not always comprehensible. When I was working in Jax, the predominant language was Monty Python with a smattering of Dr. Demento...