Headlight visors
Tail light cover
Front and rear fender guards
Rear view mirrors
Cup holder and iPod holder on handlebars
Removable wind screen with three-pocket windshield pouch
Removable sissy bar and luggage rack

$8500

Located in St. Mary's County, Maryland. PM if interested.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:11 PM

Too far away to be a cost efficient purchase for me. However a bit of advice from someone that looks at a lot of motorcycle for sale ads. Next time you take pictures of a bike,especially one where custom paint is part of the sales pitch, roll it out into the sun. Also instead of walking around the bike move the bike so the sun is always behind the photographer. The sun gleaming off nice paint and polished chrome can be a very enticing image when part of the reason of ownership of a HD is "Hay look at me".
Old 02-10-2015, 03:55 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I had it in the shade to avoid glare off the shiny surfaces, but we can surely take more photos on the next sunny day!

Last edited by FairyChatMom; 02-10-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 PM

Purty. But too far from AR I'm afraid.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:29 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

We just put some ads out for this bike. So far, we've had one email from a guy who, sight unseen, wants to buy it via paypal, as well as 2 texts from California. Yeah, you're gonna travel 3000 miles to buy a used Harley.

Sometimes I hate people.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
We just put some ads out for this bike. So far, we've had one email from a guy who, sight unseen, wants to buy it via paypal, as well as 2 texts from California. Yeah, you're gonna travel 3000 miles to buy a used Harley.

Sometimes I hate people.
I'm seeing the other side right now. I wrote back and forth with a seller about a bike and asked three different times if he had a title, each time he replied yes. When I get there, I learn that "yes" means "nope, but I figured after tricking you into driving an hour to get here you'll take the bike anyway, sucker."
Old 03-31-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

For the record, we do have the title. And a signed statement from the credit union that the bike is paid off and the lien is cleared.

... and no further responses to our ads. Maybe after Easter.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
... and no further responses to our ads. Maybe after Easter.
Maybe once the weather is locked in. I had bookmarks to a couple dozen ads on Craigslist for bikes I was interested in. When weather here hit the 60s, all the bikes sold except no-title guy's. I'm guessing Maryland is still a bit chilly?
Old 04-01-2015, 06:15 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Maryland is just warming up, and I'm just starting to hear bikes out an about. Here's hoping - I just want that thing out of the garage!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:

Sometimes I hate people.
{slight hijack}

This sounds familiar. I had the same thing happened to me as I was selling my GT380 last year. Guy was from California and everything. Thing it... it was legit. He paid me within a week and sent a truck to pick it up about 3 weeks later. I'd have thought it a scam but I'm rid of the bike and US$1700 ahead. YMMV, of course.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

My husband's response to the California texts was "Send me your contact info" and there were no replies. And just today, he got a message asking about the"item" - yeah...
Old 05-12-2015, 06:34 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Price has dropped - even with a KBB value of $10K, we have yet to have anyone ask to see it. Anyway, $6500 OBO is where we sit now. Anyone??
Old 06-11-2015, 04:58 AM

If you have access to a camera which will accept filters (or even has a protruding lens over 1.5" in diameter*), get what is known as a polarizing filter and re-shoot in the light.
Frankly, nobody wants to see what photog's call "mud", and those pics qualify.

The polarizer rotates to eliminate glare - it is how you shoot through glass and/or water. It also makes the sky bluer and clouds whiter. They probably go for $2 on ebay.

Those threads on the front of a lens are how most filters attach. That funny symbol of a circle with a line through it followed by "50mm" or such is the thread diameter.
Here's a pic which shows the effects of a polarizer:
From ebay

* - Short form - drop me a PM if you cannot use a threaded filter, and we can come up with something - holding a lens of a pair of polarizing sun glasses over a cell phone or something.
(I'm having trouble coming up with an old-fashioned universal holder)

if there is not a lens with threads, a universal filter holder (3 set screws around a circle with a tray attached can be used. Just find a filter which will slip into the slot.
if no threads: This can get pricy if you need to go to either the Lee or Cokin systems, as the number of bits increases.
Hell,, once you get the filter rotated to your liking, either tape it in place or maybe onto a holder (tripod?) and shot through it. If you go this route, get a large enough filter for ease of operation. Perhaps have someone hold it
Old 06-13-2015, 08:01 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The bike is sold, so I won't need any more pics. But my camera is a cheapie Nikon Coolpix - not designed for any accessories. It's strictly point and shoot, preferably with me keeping my fingers out of the way...