Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-05-2019, 11:18 PM
Tibby's Avatar
Tibby is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,693
Iíve had a lot of sex in my day and it always smells exactly the same. Itís a rubbery/latex type odor with hints of glue (kind of like the glue used for patching inner-tubes). Toward the end of sexual encounters thereís often the unmistakable acrid smell of burnt electronics and motor oil.

Fond memories, for sure.
__________________
ďDo you believe in such nonsense?Ē "No, but they say it works even if you don't believe in it.ĒóNiels Bohr
  #52  
Old 09-06-2019, 03:35 PM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,746
Loneliness and shame.

That could just be me, though.
  #53  
Old 09-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Atamasama's Avatar
Atamasama is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibby View Post
Iíve had a lot of sex in my day and it always smells exactly the same. Itís a rubbery/latex type odor with hints of glue (kind of like the glue used for patching inner-tubes). Toward the end of sexual encounters thereís often the unmistakable acrid smell of burnt electronics and motor oil.

Fond memories, for sure.
Did you date Cortana, Alexa, and Siri?
  #54  
Old 09-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Ambivalid is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 13,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Loneliness and shame.

That could just be me, though.
Stop using the doll and get a human. Things should improve.
  #55  
Old 09-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Shodan is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 39,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
(It doesn't smell much like napalm, however.)
You're doing it wrong.

Regards,
Shodan
  #56  
Old 09-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Sicks Ate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: KS, US
Posts: 6,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
You're doing it wrong.



Regards,

Shodan
Ok, I laughed.

They don't jelly that stuff for no reason!!
  #57  
Old 09-10-2019, 07:00 AM
ftg's Avatar
ftg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Not the PNW :-(
Posts: 20,038
(Re: napalm)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
You're doing it wrong.

Regards,
Shodan
As in "Just a hunk, a hunk of burning love"? Elvis Presley isn't supposed to be taken literally.
  #58  
Old 09-10-2019, 08:10 AM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
Stop using the doll and get a human. Things should improve.
I KNEW there was a better way!
  #59  
Old 09-10-2019, 06:17 PM
Cartooniverse is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Betwixt My Ears
Posts: 12,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thylacinewas taken View Post
But please don't say it that way next time you write a romance novel.
Or a cookbook.

__________________
If you want to kiss the sky you'd better learn how to kneel.
  #60  
Old 09-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Sicks Ate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: KS, US
Posts: 6,660
Well, we're far enough in to this thread that I think I can safely say :


Q: What Does Sex Smell Like?

A: Your Mom.
  #61  
Old 09-11-2019, 12:18 PM
TheKingOfBread is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 13
Sex doesn't really smell like anything after the first few times. If you're doing it with the same person over and over again it's something you don't notice. It can sort of smell like sweat with a hint of "body odor", but that's about it.
  #62  
Old 09-11-2019, 12:30 PM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
Well, we're far enough in to this thread that I think I can safely say :


Q: What Does Sex Smell Like?

A: Your Mom.
I covered loneliness and shame already!
  #63  
Old 09-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Sicks Ate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: KS, US
Posts: 6,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfBread View Post
Sex doesn't really smell like anything after the first few times. If you're doing it with the same person over and over again it's something you don't notice. It can sort of smell like sweat with a hint of "body odor", but that's about it.
Not IN the act, but coming home after work the next day, nobody else has walked in and thought "Yup... that happened."?
  #64  
Old 09-11-2019, 11:08 PM
Sicks Ate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: KS, US
Posts: 6,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
I covered loneliness and shame already!
And THAT, sir, I can't comment on. That's between you and...well..your..mom.

Damn. It's not funny now.
  #65  
Old 09-11-2019, 11:22 PM
Beckdawrek's Avatar
Beckdawrek is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: So.Ark ?
Posts: 16,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
And THAT, sir, I can't comment on. That's between you and...well..your..mom.

Damn. It's not funny now.
Maybe if you changed Mom to Wife.
Q. What does sex smell like?
A. Your wife (or girlfriend, woman, squeeze, side action, what ev')
Mom or Sister just sounds...ewwwww!
Just tryin' to be helpful.
  #66  
Old 09-11-2019, 11:25 PM
Sicks Ate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: KS, US
Posts: 6,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
Well, we're far enough in to this thread that I think I can safely say :


Q: What Does Sex Smell Like?

A: Your Mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
I covered loneliness and shame already!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
And THAT, sir, I can't comment on. That's between you and...well..your..mom.

Damn. It's not funny now.
Longer story arc
  #67  
Old 09-14-2019, 05:45 AM
kevlaw is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
Raise your (damp) hands if you just tried it, too.
I tried it and it made me realize that there's a huge distinction to be made between "the smell of sex" and "the smell of sexual organs". It's not just the intermingling of male and female juices. It's much more powerful than that.

I remember house sitting with a girlfriend about a hundred years ago where we had sex on the couch and then fell asleep. When we woke, the owners were due back at any moment but we realized that the room absolutely reeked of sex. It wasn't an unpleasant smell by any means (we were quite proud of ourselves actually) but we knew the owners would have recognized what we'd been up to right away. We had to open every window and door in the house to make the smell go away.
  #68  
Old 09-14-2019, 11:57 PM
Siam Sam is offline
Elephant Whisperer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 41,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlaw View Post
I remember house sitting with a girlfriend about a hundred years ago where we had sex on the couch and then fell asleep. When we woke, the owners were due back at any moment but we realized that the room absolutely reeked of sex. It wasn't an unpleasant smell by any means (we were quite proud of ourselves actually) but we knew the owners would have recognized what we'd been up to right away. We had to open every window and door in the house to make the smell go away.
Nah, that's when you sit there with a shit-eating grin.
__________________
The two most interesting things in the world: Other people's sex lives and your own money.
  #69  
Old 09-15-2019, 12:15 AM
Colibri's Avatar
Colibri is offline
SD Curator of Critters
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Panama
Posts: 43,011
I Can Tell By the Way You Smell
Ry Cooder

Quote:
Your hair is all wrecked
You're full of sweat
Your underskirt is wringing wet
You come in here walking
Just like a goose
It looks like somebody
Just tranked you to loose
You've been doing something
You've been doing something wrong
You've been doing something
You've been doing something wrong
I can tell by the way you smell
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017