Old 12-03-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Winkelried View Post
I dare you. But send in a photo already!
Fine, fine, but I'm PMing it to you. E-mailing is hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
She's probably 23, blonde, and a model.
Nope, nope and nope.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks a bunch, Nice young lady! Unfortunately it will have to wait a couple of days for the next Gallery update. (P.S. If you want the photo caption to say anything in particular, let me know via PM).

Last edited by Arnold Winkelried; 12-03-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:58 PM

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow and hopefully colored over the weekend. Then I will take 50 pics - choose one that doesn't make me want to poke my eyes out - and send it to you.

And then people will know roughly what I look like until I get bored and change it all again.

I don't think people would really support a NSFW portrait gallery, either. I'm just saying - those are the only pics I currently have that I like.

Last edited by melodyharmonius; 12-03-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: a quote appeared that i wasn't trying to quote.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjimm View Post
You type with your face?!
Well, if we must be technical, with my nose. Like one of them drinky birds! Peck, peck, peck.

Quote:
You have a gorgeous face.
D'awwww, shucks. *Blushes, kicks dirt* Thank you kindly.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanOldLady View Post
I don't know if Rex Goliath is adorable, or if I'm being distracted by that cute little dog. Nice strategy there! I'm going to have to get a photo of myself frolicking with a baby polar bear, then submit it to the gallery.
It's all just a ploy to get your gin. Resistance is futile.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:55 PM

Pic in my profile.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks elmwood.
Could you maybe do the following for the gallery picture?
a) Send me the original (larger size) - either via e-mail or PM a link to where I can find the original
b) Tell me the date of the photo
c) Give me whatever caption you want for the photo?
Thanks.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Or you can send a NSFW photo and I can crop it to only include the face and neck.
Arnold, it seems to me that the revival of the online portrait gallery you have embarked upon may soon become too much for you to handle on your own.

The project has already grown steadily in size and scope to the extent that you should now urgently consider delegating some of your responsibilities to others. At the same time, I personally have been giving some thought as to how I can help this online community of ours, how I can give something back in small recompense for the unalloyed joy it has brought to me over the years.

I am therefore willing to offer my services in the soulless and routinely mundane task of receiving photos of naked women and cropping them for acceptability to the gallery. Fitting this work into my already busy schedule will be a problem, but if sacrifices have to be made in the best interests of the board then I am prepared to make them. You may commence sending such photos to me very quickly indeed, or now, whichever is the sooner.

There is simply no need to thank me. I don't want thanks, just send the photos. You are doing your bit, and I must do mine.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:39 PM

Dayum Markxxx!

Rex Goliath, cute puppy!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:53 AM

I stand by my earlier statement, we are a handsome bunch.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez Guevara View Post
I am therefore willing to offer my services in the soulless and routinely mundane task of receiving photos of naked women and cropping them for acceptability to the gallery. Fitting this work into my already busy schedule will be a problem, but if sacrifices have to be made in the best interests of the board then I am prepared to make them. You may commence sending such photos to me very quickly indeed, or now, whichever is the sooner.

There is simply no need to thank me. I don't want thanks, just send the photos. You are doing your bit, and I must do mine.
This was my first spittake of the day. I need to get a raincoat for my monitor these days.

Do I need to send you pics - or can i just give you a link to my online photo gallery?
Old 12-04-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyharmonius View Post
Do I need to send you pics - or can i just give you a link to my online photo gallery?
I don't know about him, but I think we'd all like to see it!

OK, just me ...

Old 12-04-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyharmonius View Post
While there's just a chance you are trying to take advantage of my good nature by offering me more naked photos to look at (more photos = more work for me), I have good reasons for accepting your suggestions. Either of them. Or both.

The only qualities I can bring to the table for Arnold's project right now are a willingness to work, selflessness, and downright prurience. Important though these are to the success of the venture, it would doubtless assist Arnold (and the SD) if these attributes are backed up by a high degree of skill and professionalism. Access to your photos would give me an opportunity for some much needed cropping practice, an activity that thus far lies totally outside my sphere of experience.

To this end, I look forward to working with your photos in a joint venture directed solely at providing the SDMB gallery with pictures of the highest quality in a SFW context. I am glad that you are taking this project seriously by offering as many naked/partially naked/merely suggestive photos as possible to help ensure its success.

For the sake of our great community, let us hope that other women will follow your shining example and send me shedloads of photos, despite the unimaginable suffering I personally will experience in taking on an ever-increasing workload.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

melodyharmonious, I see that my assistant Chez Guevara has the situation well covered, and I leave you in his capable hands.

Chez, thank you for your assistance.

Eyebrows 0f Doom, dhkendall - if you post in here, you have to provide a picture. No exceptions.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhkendall View Post
I don't know about him, but I think we'd all like to see it!

OK, just me ...

Quote:
I am glad that you are taking this project seriously by offering as many naked/partially naked/merely suggestive photos as possible to help ensure its success.

For the sake of our great community, let us hope that other women will follow your shining example and send me shedloads of photos, despite the unimaginable suffering I personally will experience in taking on an ever-increasing workload.
Y'all should be careful what you ask for. Access to the gallery requires that you PM me an email address to grant you access.

fyi for those curious - these are bf-approved NSFW - he has given me free reign to show this gallery to whomever I choose.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Eyebrows 0f Doom, dhkendall - if you post in here, you have to provide a picture. No exceptions.
Dammmit. (I *do* want to submit a pic, honest!)

As long as I'm not required to contribute an NSFW one ...
Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Maybe not to them . . . but turnabout IS fair play . . .
Old 12-04-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:

For the avoidance of doubt, my job description specifically excludes the cropping of external protuberances from the male form.

In fact, I am not required to even look at them (Contract AW/CG/091204 subsection 4.1 paragraph 9(1)(b) refers).
Old 12-04-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
For the avoidance of doubt, my job description specifically excludes the cropping of external protuberances from the male form.

In fact, I am not required to even look at them (Contract AW/CG/091204 subsection 4.1 paragraph 9(1)(b) refers).
*watches male readers cross their legs at the use of the word *crop* when referring to their manhood.*

I'll be happy to review and artfully adjust any NSFW pics from my male counterparts.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Doh!
Alright, let me find one... I rarely take photos of myself so it'll probably be a couple years old.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebrows 0f Doom View Post
Doh!
Alright, let me find one... I rarely take photos of myself so it'll probably be a couple years old.
I really hope someone else hasn't gotten to this joke before me but here goes nothin':

I can't wait to see your eyebrows! They've been hyped to all Hell and I want to see such eyebrows for myself.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covered_In_Bees! View Post
I really hope someone else hasn't gotten to this joke before me but here goes nothin':

I can't wait to see your eyebrows! They've been hyped to all Hell and I want to see such eyebrows for myself.
I fear I may have overstated the real life Doominess of my Brows. This will have to do:
http://tinyurl.com/ybdfv5m
Now I just want to see a photo of someone covered in bees on there!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebrows 0f Doom View Post
I fear I may have overstated the real life Doominess of my Brows. This will have to do:
http://tinyurl.com/ybdfv5m
Now I just want to see a photo of someone covered in bees on there!
And this will have to satisfy your bee desires.

Parts or all of the following may or may not be true:

I attempted to send my picture in to AW, but he determined that my rugged good looks were too similar to Colin Farrell and was concerned people would think I was merely pretending to be him. So we came to the mutual decision that my picture would not be featured for fear of the real Mr. Farrell seeking to know why his likeness is being passed off as someone that goes by the alias "covered in bees" when in fact him and I are practically twins.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Old 12-05-2009, 06:06 AM

1. Dung Beetle may be one of the most misleading user names of all time.
2. I suddenly have a strange desire to touch TheMerchandise.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Another great batch of Dopers to gawk and marvel at!

Added new photos to the gallery: akira5822, blondebear, Claptree, dhkendall, DiosaBellissima, Elendil's Heir, Eyebrows 0f Doom, Joey P, LurkMeister, MeanOldLady, MsRobyn, robardin, Shakes, The New and Improved Superman
Changes: Enfant Terrible—Photo date and caption, interface2x—new main photo

Thank you again to all the people who have taken the trouble to send photos. And please send more!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

(private to ShibbOleth)

Psst ShibbOleth, did you see my e-mail to you about your Dopefest photos and a question about your gallery photo?
Old 12-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Covered_In_Bees!, your post reminds me, I meant to include in this thread a link to another thread in ATMB
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=542163
where some of the issues of privacy (regarding any poster's communications with me about the SDMB Portrait Gallery) were discussed. Short story, I don't give out your personal information to anybody (e.g. real name or e-mail address, if you use those to send me a photo, or website where you tell me to get the photo from.)

To all:
Regarding the photos you send me, as mentioned in the OP of this thread, obviously I can't check if the photo you send me is really a photo of you. But it's better if it is, otherwise putting up a photo in this particular gallery is kind of pointless. At least that's the way I feel about it, if people have different opinions you can start a poll in IMHO and we can see what the general feeling is.
Which is why, if you send me a photo and tell me "this is a photo of someone else but I happen to look just like this other person" I probably won't include it in the gallery. On the other hand if you send me a photo I'm not going to scour the web looking for a similar photo to rule out the possibility that you simply copied and pasted a picture of Xavier G. Higginsbottom, the famous pop singer from Papua New Guinea. On the third hand, if you send me a photo of a celebrity I recognize, I will allow myself the privilege of saying "Are you kidding me?" So no pictures of Barack Obama (unless your registered e-mail address at the SDMB is president@whitehouse.gov and your SDMB username is POTUS.)

Last edited by Arnold Winkelried; 12-05-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: on the third hand...
Old 12-05-2009, 11:13 PM

I have one picture of me that's less than a year old where my face is bigger than five pixels. But I have this problem where I'm incapable of taking a picture without making a goofy-ass face. So, now I have to decide which goofy-ass face will be my picture.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:47 AM

I've sent a picture of my mug!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:33 PM

MeanOldLady, I was right. You are gorgeous!

(Okay, so you're not blonde. But you definitely could be a model.)

Last edited by Ann Onimous; 12-06-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:33 PM

just sent one in even though I do more reading than posting around here. That's me reading your posts and silently judging you. Well, actually that was about a year ago. I look pretty much the same though.
Surprise! I'm a white middle class male in the US ages 18-40

Last edited by YourAdHere; 12-06-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: added sarcasm
Old 12-06-2009, 05:44 PM

Also, is it just me or is there a preponderance of beards around here?
Old 12-06-2009, 07:12 PM

I have, with reluctance, sent my ugly mug to the OP.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:29 PM

Ok, I'm in.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 AM

I have never seen anyone that looked as much like I expected them to as Stranger on a Train. Although he needs glasses.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 AM

Arnold, you have the worst picture of me in human history up there, and given how I normally look in photos ain't pretty, that took some work on your part.

A picture that is slightly less likely to send the public screaming in horror has been sent.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:03 AM

Picture sent -- thanks for starting and co-ordinating this, Arnold!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourAdHere View Post
Also, is it just me or is there a preponderance of beards around here?
they grow on you
Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibbOleth View Post
1. Dung Beetle may be one of the most misleading user names of all time.
Well thanks!

I’m not seeing the doom in those eyebrows, ei… Hey. Get out of here! Ouch! Why you…help! Heeeeeelp!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:32 PM

Clarence Boddicker?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOIDALIZE View Post
"See, I got this problem. Cops don't like me, so I don't like cops!"
Old 12-07-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
MeanOldLady, I was right. You are gorgeous!

(Okay, so you're not blonde. But you definitely could be a model.)
Flattery, sweet.

So there's a guy in there with his face photoshopped onto Super Man's body, and it's not The New and Improved Superman. What's up with that?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:06 PM

I also was surprised that MeanOldLady was quite hot, but didn't want to say anything because I figured she'd yell at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOIDALIZE View Post
Sure, make me cry. I only look mean. Ok, sometimes I'm a little intimidating to some people.

@ArnoldWinkelreid: I'm in Germany right now, but when I get back in about a week I'll contact you about maybe setting up an FTP connection. Most of my pictures are of older Dopers, some of whom aren't around any more. I think I may even have a pic of Eutychus kissing Ed Zotti.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Charter Member

My pics have been sent. Believe it or don't, these are the ONLY two pictures of me that I have in an e-mailable form.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibbOleth View Post
I also was surprised that MeanOldLady was quite hot, but didn't want to say anything because I figured she'd yell at me.
Ha! I'm taking that as a compliment, and the best one I've heard in months, at that!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:11 PM

Silver Tyger Girl has this cute geek thing going.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:21 PM

Holy crap. MeanOldLady is hot. Trying to reconcile that with her username is not proving easy. Ow, I think I sprained a frontal lobe. DAMN YOU MEANOLDLADY!... she strikes again.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:31 PM

I sent my picture.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Charter Member

Sending a pic! It will probably be one of my standard pics; I don't have any recent ones. And if I manage to destroy the video from yesterday's early Christmas gathering at my friends' place, there won't be.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:40 PM

I sent mine again, in a bigger size.