Old 10-05-2016, 01:58 PM

I like the Whipimps.

I have a question: when you click on Settings and the bottom panel expands, how do you get it to collapse again? The only way I can do it is by reloading.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
I like the Whipimps.

I have a question: when you click on Settings and the bottom panel expands, how do you get it to collapse again? The only way I can do it is by reloading.
Should be able to just click settings again.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruCelt View Post
Folks keep talking about maxing out "Trumps". I've never bought that one, it seems pretty useless, really. All that helium for an extra 8 or 9 Trimps per level? It seems to me that carpentry and motivation will get you a lot more for a lot less, although I haven't done the math.
No, you're correct - Trumps is a garbage perk. Carpentry is by far the most important perk for pushing higher levels, which is huge as once you break the planet you're getting 500+ He per zone (that's also with some Looting tacked on). It's definitely worth pushing for that once you are able to reach zone 50 (and if you can reach 37 and buy Wormholes, you can probably reach 50) - see my previous posts for some tips on getting there.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigamarole View Post
Broke the planet finally! Had portaled 6 times, and was running this build. Was really relying on my high block though since I was so far behind in Coordination... now that enemies on 60+ have that block-piercing ability, it's quite tough. But on the bright side, the 90% reduction in equipment costs makes it possible to actually catch up a bit in that department. I want to see if I can get a bit further, but will likely be portaling again soon.
Can someone explain (to someone who's not yet gone beyond Zone 30) why people refer to not being able to catch up in Coordination? Does its expense start to increase that much? I always buy coordination as soon as I start a new zone.

Also, where the game shows me helium per hour, does that mean I'm passively accumulating helium while just sitting there like the other resources, or is that just the amount I've earned by defeating blimps divided by the number of hours I've been playing?

Last edited by Arcite; 10-05-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcite View Post
Can someone explain (to someone who's not yet gone beyond Zone 30) why people refer to not being able to catch up in Coordination? Does its expense start to increase that much? I always buy coordination as soon as I start a new zone.
It's not the expense of the upgrade. It's because there's a certain minimum max Trimps that are required in order to be able to send your fighting group into battle. According to the Wiki the requirement is that [Max. Trimps available] >= ([Current fighting group size] * 3). And since that fighting group is expanding by 25% compounding every single zone, it quickly gets to the point that it's no longer possible to build enough housing to support the max Trimps you need in order to purchase the upgrade. Which is why Carpentry (the perk you get from completing the Size challenge) is so crucial, as it allows you to have a much higher number of max Trimps.

Quote:
Also, where the game shows me helium per hour, does that mean I'm passively accumulating helium while just sitting there like the other resources, or is that just the amount I've earned by defeating blimps divided by the number of hours I've been playing?
The latter. Basically just an indicator of how well you're doing on He for that particular run (it adjusts itself when you end up spending He on Wormholes, or gain bonus He from challenges such as Balance).
Old 10-06-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
Should be able to just click settings again.
Of course. It's always something simple.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
It's not the expense of the upgrade. It's because there's a certain minimum max Trimps that are required in order to be able to send your fighting group into battle. According to the Wiki the requirement is that [Max. Trimps available] >= ([Current fighting group size] * 3). And since that fighting group is expanding by 25% compounding every single zone, it quickly gets to the point that it's no longer possible to build enough housing to support the max Trimps you need in order to purchase the upgrade.
So, what happens when you get to that point--does the game grey out the Coordination upgrade and prevent you from purchasing it, or do you purchase it and find that you're stuck because you can't afford the massive amount of housing needed to build up a new fighting group?
Old 10-06-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
So, what happens when you get to that point--does the game grey out the Coordination upgrade and prevent you from purchasing it, or do you purchase it and find that you're stuck because you can't afford the massive amount of housing needed to build up a new fighting group?
You're playing along not paying attention to the cost of Coordination, then suddenly it's greyed out and you hover over it and find you're short 500 Trimps. No biggie. Next zone suddenly you're short 700, then 1400, and it gets crazier. So yeah, you need to start piling on massive amounts of housing.

Finished up Size this morning. Another level or two and I'll portal again. That's it for challenges until I hit zone 40.

ETA: I used the "Equip" option under the map section but I haven't noticed anything different. I still get the upgrades in the same order. First Shield, then the weapons and health stuff.

Last edited by levdrakon; 10-06-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:38 PM

If you don't stay in maps long enough to get the upgrades for the wholw tier, then go up a zone or two im the world, when you come back to maps shield will upgrade to the highest available level, tnen dagger, and so on.

Right now my shield is on 6, but my sword upgrade only goes up to three. They generally catch up when i leave a map running all night.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:23 PM

I'm trying out the Dagger/Boots strat. The wiki says they're the most cost-effective. So far, it's working. There's no metal wasted on the other upgrades, so the click-everything tactic is out. Before, I felt like I had to click every upgrade possible, but it eventually led me into a production pit that I could never climb out of because I could never keep up with the upgrades. Now I've learned patience is key in this game.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:05 AM

So, any tips for doing Void maps? I'm thinking the only thing I can do is leave Traps on overnight.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
So, any tips for doing Void maps? I'm thinking the only thing I can do is leave Traps on overnight.
Block as much as possible and just tough it out. Also do them after zone 41 if you can, rare heirlooms are quite a step up from the previous tiers.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:54 PM

At what point does the ability to power through maps kick in? I always slow way down around zone 30 and have portalled several times.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:25 PM

Void maps scale to the level you're on, so early on you definitely want to do them on one of the levels that you get gymystic on (25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55) after learning the gymystic for that level. You know how everything gets really easy just after learning gymystic? That works on Void maps too. Ideally wait until least 45 because the loot gets better there. Levels 30-59 you should be concentrating on block rather than armor IMO, at least until you have enough helium to get large boosts from the artisanistry, toughness, and resilience perks. Because block doesn't scale with perks, it's disproportionally good for lower-perked players.

Once you reach level 40, the balance challenge is simultaneously faster than an unchallenged run and more helium, at least once you adjust to it. Repeatable and highly recommended, though I've basically been doing other challenges each run, once I run out of those I plan to repeat that a few times.

As far as I can tell, the ability to power through maps sort of smoothly scales, with a bit of a blip at 37 one way or the other depending if you buy wormholes. As you double your helium spent in perks, levels for you will slow down maybe 5 levels later. At least so far- I'm not all that much ahead, for me things slow down in the 40s then briefly speed up again when Collectors become available at 50. The last couple of runs I've made it into the 60s, but things really slow down after breaking the planet.

Last edited by Some Call Me... Tim; 10-08-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I'm trying out the Dagger/Boots strat. The wiki says they're the most cost-effective. So far, it's working. There's no metal wasted on the other upgrades, so the click-everything tactic is out. Before, I felt like I had to click every upgrade possible, but it eventually led me into a production pit that I could never climb out of because I could never keep up with the upgrades. Now I've learned patience is key in this game.
Well, as the wiki says they're most cost-effective at the same prestige level.

I read this and thought it might be useful. Right now I'm considering the two upgrades Greatersword 9 or Dagadder 10. Ignoring prestige level, Greatsword is the worst and dagger is the best, right?

Greatersword 9 with my current level of artisanistry costs 7.09 Qa metal for a 70.9B weapon. Dagadder 10 is 15.3 Qa metal for a 151B weapon. The numbers here happen to be very close to a nice even factor of 10000 different, so it's easy to see that the lower tier Greatersword is a very sightly a better deal than the higher tier Dagger. For completeness I should mention that the replaced sword is 7.39B and the tier higher replaced dagger would be 15.8B and everything is level 1.

I don't know if that's true for every tier level, but I don't think that generalizing to only buy pants and dagger is a good plan, because each new tier is somewhat less cost-effective than the one before. Like Coordination, I'm nowhere near caught up to buying all available upgrades.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:14 PM

I tried the Dagger & Boots only thing, but I've started to really struggle on damage and health. I had to go ahead and start buying the other upgrades.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:11 AM

Finally got through the Voids after making zone 45.

Like Lev, I found the dagger/boots strat isn't working so well any more. It takes forever to kill imp mobs while waiting for the next weapon level, so I upgraded maces.

I kinda wish I hadn't spent Helium earlier, but I don't think it would have made much difference in the long run as far as keeping up with Coordination. Maybe it's time to Portal and take up the Meditate challenge.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Charter Member

I'll have 50 bones soon. Any recommendations which imp-ort I should buy?

I'm thinking the 0.3 percent production speed is the most useful.

What does "45 seconds of production" actually do? How much production in that time?
Old 10-12-2016, 09:05 PM

I'm working through the balance challenge. It's not too bad. Shield/Dagger is still working for me, but I may add Mace if it doesn't speed up soon. This particular challenge is block-heavy, so boots are a waste of money.

Like I said, I haven't done the math, but when you do, be sure to factor in the savings on not buying the other upgrades. A whole lot of metal is wasted on all those different pieces.

Also, my rhythm may be very different than yours, because my games grinds in a map through most of each day and night, and I just drop in for an hour on and off in the morning and again after dinner. I'm not actively "playing" the way some of you are.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Morris View Post

That's what I bought. I also bought Heirlooms. Unequipped Heirlooms become recycled into 10 Nulifium when you Portal or when you find better Heirlooms and want to get rid of the extra, but you can save up 40 Nul and buy extra Heirloom slots.

I'm trying out the Meditate challenge, which doubles the strength and health of the monster imps, and increases your imps' gathering by 25%. The buffed monster imps aren't so bad until zone 25. The dagger/boot strat kind of goes out the door then because you need all the increased attack and health you can get because blockage isn't enough, even after getting Gymtastic.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:

What does "45 seconds of production" actually do? How much production in that time?
Whipimps first, followed closely by Tauntimps. Extra population is very very nice, it in effect gives production and breeding speed directly and allows more coordination buys as you become population limited for that. Venimps are also nice but a tier down in my opinion, those three are what I've bought so far. I will probably buy Magnimps next.

45 seconds of production is pretty much what it says, as I understand it. If it randomly selects metal, for example, and your current production is 10k metal/sec, then 45 x 10k = 450k metal will appear in your inventory immediately. Then it's over until you kill another Jestimp.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
That's what I bought. I also bought Heirlooms. Unequipped Heirlooms become recycled into 10 Nulifium when you Portal or when you find better Heirlooms and want to get rid of the extra, but you can save up 40 Nul and buy extra Heirloom slots.

I'm trying out the Meditate challenge, which doubles the strength and health of the monster imps, and increases your imps' gathering by 25%. The buffed monster imps aren't so bad until zone 25. The dagger/boot strat kind of goes out the door then because you need all the increased attack and health you can get because blockage isn't enough, even after getting Gymtastic.
I'm not planning on buying anything other than Im-ports until I have all of them. Well, maybe not Goblimp. The amount of Nullifium you get from a recycled heirloom isn't a flat 10, it scales with rarity: 5 for common, 10 for uncommon, etc.

Meditate is sort of like Balance lite, with imps not quite as buffed but your production also not as buffed. As to dagger/boot, it's important to realize that each new tier is roughly half as cost-effective as the previous one. Always buy lower tier first if available regardless of type- those relative efficiency numbers are only relevant when comparing options within the same tier. Once you've bought all, say, the tier 3 weapons, then I would agree with buying tier 4 dagger next.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:30 AM

Oh, apparently the '45 seconds of production' is affected by loot multipliers like magnimps, looting, etc. So usually it's better than it sounds.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Call Me... Tim View Post

As far as I can tell, the ability to power through maps sort of smoothly scales, with a bit of a blip at 37 one way or the other depending if you buy wormholes. As you double your helium spent in perks, levels for you will slow down maybe 5 levels later. At least so far- I'm not all that much ahead, for me things slow down in the 40s then briefly speed up again when Collectors become available at 50. The last couple of runs I've made it into the 60s, but things really slow down after breaking the planet.
I'm on 37 now. Things have gotten tough, but I did just unlock Wormhole. I'd like to power through to zone 40 and unlock my next challenge. Boy, those Coordinations get demanding, though. My damage and health have gotten pretty useless.

Someone upthread said to only buy one Wormhole?
Old 10-13-2016, 12:45 PM

I don't really get what feyimps do. "Drops 15X gems" I assume means that they give out 15 times normal gem loot, but there is no gem loot on the zone map. Do they add gem loot there also?

In other news, I'm trying out a run with healthshield and it actually works out quite well on the higher zones, since 20% of monster damage passes through block anyway past level 60 and it's easier to afford upgrading to the next level of shields than the metal health boosts because of warpstations.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
I don't really get what feyimps do. "Drops 15X gems" I assume means that they give out 15 times normal gem loot, but there is no gem loot on the zone map. Do they add gem loot there also?
Once you get a dragimp and start building tributes, you get gems every second.

Still, 15 seconds of gems doesn't sound terribly useful. I've not tried it, though.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levdrakon View Post
I'm on 37 now. Things have gotten tough, but I did just unlock Wormhole. I'd like to power through to zone 40 and unlock my next challenge. Boy, those Coordinations get demanding, though. My damage and health have gotten pretty useless.

Someone upthread said to only buy one Wormhole?
Well, in addition to just being a building, the very first ever Wormhole you buy gives you an Achievement for +1% damage... which is more than a 10 helium value at that point.

The primary advice I would say about Wormholes is: however many you're going to buy on the run, buy them all on level 37 where they'll do you the most good. Don't be tempted to buy them in the 40s when it slows down more.

If you're planning to stop at or shortly after 40, then buying one for the small boost and achievement seems like a decent plan.

The first time I decided to push on to level 50 I bought 10 in a row during level 37. (due to a quirk in rounding rules, it's better to buy Wormholes individually rather than in multiples.) Once I got to level 50 I made it clear to 60- Collectors are great once you get that far, though I should point out that this run took multiple days that first time.

I don't buy Wormholes any more, but they seem reasonable to buy the first few times you plan to push to 50.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telperion View Post

In other news, I'm trying out a run with healthshield and it actually works out quite well on the higher zones, since 20% of monster damage passes through block anyway past level 60 and it's easier to afford upgrading to the next level of shields than the metal health boosts because of warpstations.
I don't have them either, as I read the code it's 15x what the normal gem loot would be on the same level's map square that had the gem icon.

The nifty thing about feyimps, as I understand it, is that they let you get gems before level 6. This is particularly helpful if you've completed the Scientist II challenge and have tier 2 equipment upgrades unlocked at the start.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:52 PM

I'm at the point where I'm getting void maps, and man are these things tough. (My last run I had only gotten 1 before portaling. This run, I have 2.) I'm following the advice I read somewhere on the reddit to do them right after you get a Gymystic. So I got my Zone 35 Gymystic and am now attempting to slog through the 2 void maps. It takes forever, and twice now I've had to abandon the one I'm on when I get stuck on an enemy which strikes first and has more minimum damage than my combined shield and block, to go farm metal for hours so I can upgrade my equipment. And this map has a difficulty level of 150%... the next one is 250%. I feel like I'm missing something. Is there an easier way?
Old 10-13-2016, 04:55 PM

Also, I'm getting frustrated at my inability to afford Gateways for lack of fragments. Is there a better way to farm fragments? It's getting hard to buy more Explorers because the food cost is so high, and each one finds so few fragments. Is there an upgrade later on that increases the fragments per explorer? Does the flutimp help that much?
Old 10-13-2016, 05:40 PM

Void maps are always a lot harder than the current zone, so pretty much whenever you do them they'll take extra time. For a level 35 map I wouldn't recommend farming metal, rather farm wood for gyms. (With a side order of food for trainers.)

Still, it might take hours. Doing it right after getting gymystic makes it easier... not easy.

Gateways are nifty right after you get them but get too expensive to be worth it fairly quickly. Explorers scale up in price quickly, too. Supposedly at high levels the amount dropped is pretty significant, for whatever that's worth, but I'm not there yet. I don't yet have flutimp.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:16 AM

I had two void maps by the time I reached 45, then I was finally able to conquer them. Cthulimp fights last forever, but by that time you'll have 20K+ trapped imps and can let loose the imps of war. Wimps?
Old 10-14-2016, 12:19 PM

Oi, I'm now on zone 38. I can't leave my laptop grinding all night, so I just fire up the game, bite off a chunk or two, then let resources build for a good while.

I've bought two Wormholes, but want to save my He for my next portal at zone 40, which will also be a new challenge. Any suggestions for how to tweak my percs?
Old 10-14-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Whipimps first, followed closely by Tauntimps. Extra population is very very nice, it in effect gives production and breeding speed directly and allows more coordination buys as you become population limited for that. Venimps are also nice but a tier down in my opinion, those three are what I've bought so far. I will probably buy Magnimps next.
Quote:
The nifty thing about feyimps, as I understand it, is that they let you get gems before level 6. This is particularly helpful if you've completed the Scientist II challenge and have tier 2 equipment upgrades unlocked at the start.
Yes, the Feyimps are great for that - having gems and T2 equipment unlocked immediately means you can absolutely fly through the early zones after portaling.

But they're also good because from 50-60 and onwards, gems become your absolute most important resource (followed by gems + metal 60+). Collectors start off expensive (500B for the first one), which is why I stress food production and maxing out your tributes as you are on the way to 50, or you won't be able to buy any right away. The Feyimps don't provide a ton of gems, but since gems are so precious at this point in the game, every bit counts.

Also, breed speed is not really important at all pre-broken planet. But it becomes much more important after breaking the planet, because your breed speed gets reduced by 90% at that point. There's also a new balancing act that comes up once you hit zone 70, which I just got to - it unlocks the Geneticist job, which synergizes with the Anticipation perk from the Trapper challenge that also unlocks at that point.

For those of you who are still struggling in the late 30s and 40s (which seems to be a lot of you), you have to decide when you are going to push for breaking the planet. If you are not pushing, you don't want to waste a lot of helium yet on Wormholes. But if you are ready to push, I agree with the strategy that's been mentioned of spending all helium earned up to zone 37 on them (buy them one at a time, as someone mentioned, as it ends up cheaper than buying in bulk), and then spending no further helium on them later. This is when you set your sights on 50 and gem production so you can buy Collectors for the final push to 60.

I did my first run to 60 after 5 portals, with a build I posted upthread, but I understand this is a little on the early side for most (and that run did take several days). If you have in that neighborhood of 5-7 portals under your belt though, you should really be thinking about making the push soon. The amount of helium you will make once you start breaking the planet increases massively, and is critical for your long-term progress. I'm now at 10 portals with 5 broken planets and 33.2K He earned total.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I did my first run to 60 after 5 portals, with a build I posted upthread, but I understand this is a little on the early side for most (and that run did take several days). If you have in that neighborhood of 5-7 portals under your belt though, you should really be thinking about making the push soon. The amount of helium you will make once you start breaking the planet increases massively, and is critical for your long-term progress. I'm now at 10 portals with 5 broken planets and 33.2K He earned total.
I agree that gems are important, but I can't speak to how significant feyimps would be because I don't have them. I wasn't expecting them to be much in comparison to how much you're pumping up the Dragimp, but like I said I don't really know. I bought Venimps after breaking the planet, which is partly why they seemed like a good idea. I did grab magnimps as my fourth Imp-ort.

I'm at about the same progress that you are, coincidentally I also have 10 and 5 portals and broken planets, though with 59k I'm a bit ahead on helium. I'm trying to push to level 100 this run, which will take a while, but the reward from Frugal seems so amazing that I just have to shoot for it.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:49 PM

Sounds like you're probably pushing to slightly higher zones than I have been, which is surely worth it He/hr-wise but I just get impatient when the zones start taking a few hours each and portal. I'm getting Venimps next, and saving the Trapper challenge until I have enough spare He to put some points into Anticipation.

I think I'm going to start running the Balance challenges on any run when I'm not doing another challenge (so far I've only completed it once, and have also completed all other available challenges except Decay and Trapper). The downside isn't too great that I can't power through fairly easily, and get some bonus He to boot.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:46 PM

It's sort of the reverse - I think the best helium/hour for me would be from chaining 2ish hour balance challenges, but that requires me to be at keys the whole time. On my current run the best helium/hour was 1189, Z:44. I'm a few hours into day two now and am down to 423/hr at zone 70.

Balance is in all ways better than no challenge, both faster to complete and better helium. You should have enough perks that balance's bonus production is a larger advantage for you than the buffed enemies is a disadvantage. Just do straight block for the 30s levels, and with +250% production those gyms won't take too long to build.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:53 AM

Phew, punched my way to zone 42 this morning. So, now I've got two more challenges, Balance and Scientist. I've portaled 4 times. Which to do first? Balance says to go for zone 40 again? Scientist seems shorter.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Phew, punched my way to zone 42 this morning. So, now I've got two more challenges, Balance and Scientist. I've portaled 4 times. Which to do first? Balance says to go for zone 40 again? Scientist seems shorter.
Scientist and Scientist II are both worth it for the starting bonus that makes your life easier when portaling. Balance is a repeatable He challenge that doesn't reward any new perks.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:39 PM
Charter Member

when creating maps, is there any advantage to increasing size and difficulty above minimum? Or setting loot anything other than maximum?
Old 10-16-2016, 12:40 AM

Quote:
when creating maps, is there any advantage to increasing size and difficulty above minimum? Or setting loot anything other than maximum?
Watch what happens as you move the sliders. As you move them up, you're adjusting the range of their attributes to "more desirable." For size and difficulty, this means lower numbers, not higher. Moving the sliders to the right decreases the maximum size and difficulty of the created map.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:02 AM
Charter Member

aH. OK. Thanks for that.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Watch what happens as you move the sliders. As you move them up, you're adjusting the range of their attributes to "more desirable." For size and difficulty, this means lower numbers, not higher. Moving the sliders to the right decreases the maximum size and difficulty of the created map.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Scientist and Scientist II are both worth it for the starting bonus that makes your life easier when portaling. Balance is a repeatable He challenge that doesn't reward any new perks.
Arg! Scientist is a terrible challenge!
Old 10-16-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Arg! Scientist is a terrible challenge!
It's not too bad (I haven't done Scientist II yet) - you need to focus on having just enough block/health to survive, and realize that loot accumulation is completely unimportant. There's a guide on the wiki, but if you don't want to do that, I'd at least look up the science costs of Coordination, and work backwards.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
It's not too bad (I haven't done Scientist II yet) - you need to focus on having just enough block/health to survive, and realize that loot accumulation is completely unimportant. There's a guide on the wiki, but if you don't want to do that, I'd at least look up the science costs of Coordination, and work backwards.
Yeah, I should have read the wiki. I'm just wasting tons of metal on upgrading my baby gear and trying to build up my food & wood for Trainers and Gyms. Sloooow going. I've already started plowing through The Block so I ain't quitting now, even if it takes all day and maybe tomorrow.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:43 PM

Read this guide when you do Scientist II, and it's fairly easy.

(When Science III and IV unlock, those seem much more limiting since they only grant 1500 and 70 science, respectively. However at that point in the game, you're basically relying on perks to carry you through)

As it is I don't think anyone here has even entered the mid-game yet. There's a nice long, looong arc to this game's storyline with plenty of new features and stuff to unlock along the way.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:18 PM

I broke the world on my last playthrough (I'm currently slogging through the last map upgrades on lvl 59 before doing it again). What a massive wall to hit that is. Managed to get to lvl 65, and had to portal since it was so slow.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
I broke the world on my last playthrough (I'm currently slogging through the last map upgrades on lvl 59 before doing it again). What a massive wall to hit that is. Managed to get to lvl 65, and had to portal since it was so slow.
How'd you do it? I'm thinking I should try on my next run, but things keep getting so slow. Challenges I've done so far are Discipline, Metal, Size, and Scientist I. I'm currently on my Scientist I run and am on Zone 39. My highest Zone reached was 40, on my last run. I was thinking this run I'd push through till 45. But with each zone progress gets exponentially slower, and to think I'd have 15 more zones to go beyond that to reach 60... Housing gets so expensive unless you spend helium on Wormholes, and it's even hard to buy many Gateways since fragments accumulate so slowly. What's the trick?
Old 10-16-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
How'd you do it?
Wormholes. I think Idle mentioned that he spent all the Helium he'd earned up to the point where Wormholes are offered. No more, no less (it works out to 17-18 wormholes). The He you earn after that is much higher, and very worth the initial expenditure. You get Collectors at 50 which cost gems (mostly), and Warpstations at 60 (mostly metal).