Old 10-27-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcite View Post
Wow, I'm pushing for 60 for the first time this run, am currently on zone 45, have already bought the recommended 17 Wormholes, and already have 1 Coordination I'm behind on, needing 15.2K more space for. Hard to imagine getting to 50 without buying several more Wormholes. Should I have waited for a subsequent run when I had more Carpentry? I currently have Carpentry level 10.
Wow, I've only got 8 Carpentry. I did make it to z48 before when I had even fewer though. You'll have to let me know how it's going for you since I'm planning on pushing to z60 too.

I'll hit z37 a little later today and I'll have to decide whether to go all in with Wormholes. Since I'm doing a Balance challenge at the same time I don't mind spending on Wormholes if it gets me to z60.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

So, I've just reached zone 50 vfor the first time, and I have a choice of 3 golden upgrades. Which to choose?

The 3% increase in attack and health sounds probably the most useful. Is it a permanent upgrade, ie does it survive when I portal?

Is there a new type of house available anytime soon?
Old 10-27-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levdrakon View Post
Wow, I've only got 8 Carpentry. I did make it to z48 before when I had even fewer though. You'll have to let me know how it's going for you since I'm planning on pushing to z60 too.

I'll hit z37 a little later today and I'll have to decide whether to go all in with Wormholes. Since I'm doing a Balance challenge at the same time I don't mind spending on Wormholes if it gets me to z60.
I'll bet you can make it. I'm up to zone 57 and it looks like I am going to hit 60. I have 17 wormholes and am now up to 37 collectors. I'm able to keep fighting on because of my massive block, but it's slow going because the bad guys at this stage have so much health compared with my damage. I just counted and it took 34 hits to beat the last bad guy. So I'm making progress, but only by letting the game run in the background for a long time.

Last edited by Arcite; 10-27-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:40 PM
Charter Member

I've got enough bones for an exotic Import. Which should I get first?
Old 10-27-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I'll bet you can make it. I'm up to zone 57 and it looks like I am going to hit 60. I have 17 wormholes and am now up to 37 collectors. I'm able to keep fighting on because of my massive block, but it's slow going because the bad guys at this stage have so much health compared with my damage. I just counted and it took 34 hits to beat the last bad guy. So I'm making progress, but only by letting the game run in the background for a long time.
Okay, I'm in. Bought my WHs, ramped up production and I'm sitting at the bottom of z40 with 250% production bonus. I'll check back in a bit, buy some more storage and let it sit overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDiver View Post
I've got enough bones for an exotic Import. Which should I get first?
The FAQ suggests Whipimps, then Tauntimps, then Venimps. That's what I did. I'm happy with them.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:23 AM

Well, my strategy to hold off on buying Wormholes went tits up. I could have used the Portal and spent the extra Helium, but I wanted to get to 60, which I really can't do without keeping up with Coordination, which requires more trimps. Maybe next leg I'll do it, but I really don't like to reset.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Well, my strategy to hold off on buying Wormholes went tits up. I could have used the Portal and spent the extra Helium, but I wanted to get to 60, which I really can't do without keeping up with Coordination, which requires more trimps. Maybe next leg I'll do it, but I really don't like to reset.
That sucks. I was just looking ahead, and Collectors cost 500B gems. I have 345B right now, but I'll have to buy lots of things with gems before I hit z50. I'll just keep piling on the Tributes I guess.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:27 PM

OK, I'm zone 60. What's the strategy here? The enemies are really tough, and it's extremely slow going. I even ran 10 maps to get the 200% attack bonus and it's still slow. Equipment costs being cut by 90% isn't as much of a bonus as I thought it was going to be. Do I just need to portal and come back with higher perks?
Old 10-29-2016, 01:35 PM

Made it to z52. I was able to buy 15 Collectors which helped quite a bit with Coordinations, though I'm at least 4 behind now I think and my other upgrades have gotten silly expensive. If I'm patient I'm confident I can slog my way to z55. For some reason my block is really good and that's what's keeping me moving.

Got my first Golden Upgrade. I chose the helium one. Who doesn't like more He?

Z60 is looking pretty hard, but I'll see if my block helps when I get more at 55. Not sure if I'll be able to buy enough more Collectors to get one more Coordination. My next one costs 71K trimps or something. Well, I said this was going to be a nice long run.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

I suggest you set all your workers to gather food, then spend the food on tributes. Gem production skyrockets. It won't be long before you can get more Collectors. I'm on zone 53 with 30 collectors, and getting a new one about every 50 minutes.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:28 AM

Oh boy howdy. It gets insane. I'm on Z58 producing 27B gems/sec and getting a Collector about every 30 minutes. I'm still way behind in Coordinations, it says 51(+5) but if i didn't get another one at least once in a great while it'd be impossible. It's so slow going though. I'm doing 7.75Qa dmg and my enemies have something like 300Qa health to chip away at. My block is still well above their damage to me though. They're doing around 200Qa dmg and my block is 700Qa.

Fun stuff.

Last edited by levdrakon; 10-30-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
OK, I'm zone 60. What's the strategy here? The enemies are really tough, and it's extremely slow going. I even ran 10 maps to get the 200% attack bonus and it's still slow. Equipment costs being cut by 90% isn't as much of a bonus as I thought it was going to be. Do I just need to portal and come back with higher perks?
Just hit Z60. Yay me. But, portaling seems the only choice now. I'm stuck on the final cell of the first map. I was hoping to at least unlock my first Warpstation but now I'm not sure it's possible. I think I'll let the game sit until I can buy one more Coordination and see if that helps but if not, it's time to portal and get on the three new challenges I have.

Reducing Trimp breeding speed was so mean.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:34 PM

I wound up putting too many Trainers into play. My block is 1.19 Qi, about 10 times what the enemy is damaging. I'm on zone 58 with about half the output that Lev lists. Should have fed more Tributes. I'll keep nickle-and-diming till 60, then Portal and respec.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:51 PM

Well, don't forget you can fire some lumberjacks and miners and put 'em to work on food. You probably won't be upgrading much before 60 anyway.

I now have 51 Collectors but I don't think buying anymore will do much good at the moment, so I fired all my lumberjacks and farmers and put it all on miners so I can get some more weapon and health upgrades and maaaybe get that damn Warpstation. Frankly it's a waste of time for one little achievement but oh well.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:36 PM

Anybody ever find that you end up in a "death metal spiral" where basically all your efforts go toward producing and storing metal? Why is that always where my game ends up?

Edited to add: I think I'm behind the rest of you on the advanced game. I've got portals, I get perks, and I trade bones for 36 hours of production. This talk of collectors,carpentry, and whatnot is foreign to me. I keep resetting around z30. Where do I need to be branching out?

Last edited by HMS Irruncible; 10-30-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Irruncible View Post
Edited to add: I think I'm behind the rest of you on the advanced game. I've got portals, I get perks, and I trade bones for 36 hours of production. This talk of collectors,carpentry, and whatnot is foreign to me. I keep resetting around z30. Where do I need to be branching out?
Sounds like you need to do more challenges. At zone 35 you unlock the Size challenge, which gives you the Carpentry perk you can then work on leveling up.

Have you been buying Imports with your bones, or just bonuses? You should buy the Imports first, as their benefits are permanent.

Collectors are a building you unlock at zone 50.

So, work on getting to higher levels and doing challenges. They're on the right side of the portal screen. You click on the one you want to do before portaling.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Just hit Z60. Yay me. But, portaling seems the only choice now. I'm stuck on the final cell of the first map. I was hoping to at least unlock my first Warpstation but now I'm not sure it's possible. I think I'll let the game sit until I can buy one more Coordination and see if that helps but if not, it's time to portal and get on the three new challenges I have.

Reducing Trimp breeding speed was so mean.
I just portaled. My first push to 60 was kind of a waste. I'd been figuring I'd portal at 65, and do my void maps at 60, right after getting a gymystic. Well, I forgot to do the void maps, and hit 61, so I thought I'd do them at 65. Pushing on to 65 was an incredible slog. When I finally got there, I didn't see a book symbol mid-map, which is where you usually get your gymystic. So I consulted the wiki and learned that you stop getting a gymystic every 5 levels at 55. My void maps had 400-450% difficulty, so, figuring it was going to take DAYS of farming metal and wood to buy many more gyms and equipment upgrade before I could even consider attempting them, I gave up and portaled.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I just portaled. My first push to 60 was kind of a waste. I'd been figuring I'd portal at 65, and do my void maps at 60, right after getting a gymystic. Well, I forgot to do the void maps, and hit 61, so I thought I'd do them at 65. Pushing on to 65 was an incredible slog. When I finally got there, I didn't see a book symbol mid-map, which is where you usually get your gymystic. So I consulted the wiki and learned that you stop getting a gymystic every 5 levels at 55. My void maps had 400-450% difficulty, so, figuring it was going to take DAYS of farming metal and wood to buy many more gyms and equipment upgrade before I could even consider attempting them, I gave up and portaled.
Yeah, I learned that lesson too. I got a Void Map sometime after Z55. Things were going so slow at that point I figured I'd wait for that nice juicy Gymystic at 60. Imagine my surprise when there was no Gymystic (so they're gone forever at that point?).

I did manage to get a Warpstation, but 60 was so hard for me I'd never have gotten through a Void. I should have tried the Void map as soon as I got it. Oh well. Maybe I'll be better prepared once I've got the next two challenges under my belt. Did Scientist II already. That was so easy this time. Much easier than the first one.

Any advice on Decay and Trimp? Which one first? With Trimp, you only have to make it to The Block, but that doesn't mean it will be easy.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Sounds like you need to do more challenges. At zone 35 you unlock the Size challenge, which gives you the Carpentry perk you can then work on leveling up.
What exactly does carpentry do?
Old 10-30-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Morris View Post
Each level allows you to hold 10% more Trimps in each building you make. I just raised mine to 10, so my buildings hold 100% more now. Makes things faster and easier, which is kinda what the game's all about.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I learned that lesson too. I got a Void Map sometime after Z55. Things were going so slow at that point I figured I'd wait for that nice juicy Gymystic at 60. Imagine my surprise when there was no Gymystic (so they're gone forever at that point?).
No, according to the wiki, you start getting them again every 25 levels starting from zone 75 ending with zone 150. So after 55, you get your next one at 75, then 100, then 125, then 150. Then you get no more.

Quote:
http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Carpentry
Old 10-30-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Each level allows you to hold 10% more Trimps in each building you make. I just raised mine to 10, so my buildings hold 100% more now. Makes things faster and easier, which is kinda what the game's all about.
Actually, the 10% is compounding. So if yours is 10, you're getting 1.1^10 times the base number of trimps, or 2.59 times more, aka 159% more.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Actually, the 10% is compounding. So if yours is 10, you're getting 1.1^10 times the base number of trimps, or 2.59 times more, aka 159% more.
Cool, thanks. At least I was right about it being a good thing.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:23 AM

Finally reached 60. Anybody else get the weird transparent panels across your screen?
Old 11-04-2016, 06:06 AM
Charter Member

I'm not sure I understand Respec. It looks like I can reassign my helium, but when I've done that I can only cancel or use the portal. Can I continue the current run with helium reassigned?
Old 11-04-2016, 07:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand Respec. It looks like I can reassign my helium, but when I've done that I can only cancel or use the portal. Can I continue the current run with helium reassigned?
If you go to "View Perks" at the bottom (instead of the portal screen) I believe you can respec there and continue your run. I haven't done it yet, but I understand that's where it happens
Old 11-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Charter Member

Ah, right. But it doesn't let me spend the helium I've earned this run. Not a particularly useful feature, then.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Finally reached 60. Anybody else get the weird transparent panels across your screen?
No, what exactly does that look like? You do get a pop-up message about breaking the planet when you reach 60. Maybe it's not displaying correctly in your browser?

Incidentally, to anyone else, that pop-up message you get when you break the planet lets you click "I'll be OK" or "I'm scared." What happens if you click "I'm scared?"

Quote:
Ah, right. But it doesn't let me spend the helium I've earned this run. Not a particularly useful feature, then.
I've never done it, but based on my reading of the wiki and the reddit, people find it useful when doing challenges. The challenges alter the game mechanic in various ways for the duration of the challenge, but those alterations go away once you reach whatever milestone completes the challenge (completing a certain unique map like "The Wall," reaching a certain zone, etc.) And you can then go on playing under regular, non-challenge conditions. So what people do is configure their perks a certain way that works well with the challenge conditions, but which is non-advantageous under non-challenge conditions, so they'll respec once they complete the challenge.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:14 AM

I'm doing the Decay challenge. It's been kinda fun and fast so far. I made it to Z40 in one day, but it's slowing down a bit now. I'll have to buy a bunch of Wormholes to get to Z55. At least this time, I know to do my Voids at 55 when I get my last Gymystic.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Yes, those appear on my game as well. I'm using Chrome, maybe it's a browser thing.

Also, curse you Idle Thoughts for linking to this game! (shakes fist!) I was finally over Cookie Clicker!
Old 11-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

This is far more interesting than Cookie Clicker.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:08 AM

Quote:
This is far more interesting than Cookie Clicker.
If you think that, you should try Realm Grinder (I made a thread about it but nobody has responded). Loads of content and choices. And it even has graphics!
Old 11-07-2016, 06:20 PM

THoughts on the better heirloom:

+6% Trainer Efficiency
+3% Trimp Health

or

+3% Breed Speed
20% Crit Damage, additive
Old 11-07-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
THoughts on the better heirloom:

+6% Trainer Efficiency
+3% Trimp Health

or

+3% Breed Speed
20% Crit Damage, additive
Block and Health, easily. Crit damage is pretty meh and once you get Anticipation you'll want to keep your breed speed at 30 seconds or slightly above for a damage bonus.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:14 PM

I hit zone 60 a few runs ago and am trying to build up enough to work through that wall. Am working on finishing up all the quests that I haven't done yet.

Looking forward to the point where I can ignore wormholes entirely and not spend helium as a toll for progressing.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
Block and Health, easily. Crit damage is pretty meh and once you get Anticipation you'll want to keep your breed speed at 30 seconds or slightly above for a damage bonus.
Good - I really didn't want the heirloom I easily got in zone 50 to beat out the one I scratched and clawed my way to on zone 75.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:51 AM

If you can get to 60 you could ignore wormholes... the question really is whether extra time you'd have to spend is worth it. I didn't buy wormholes after my first 60 run, but in retrospect that was probably not actually time efficient. Still, it's more a matter of playstyle than objective superiority, and I seem more willing than some to have levels go by slowly- speaking of which:

I'm finishing a deep dive now, to Zone 131 (previous deepest was 101), more than doubling He with +127K for the run (started with 105K.) 7 Void maps on level 125 didn't give anything above Epic and the epics weren't exciting. The down side? It took 16 days, my coordination upgrade button reads 92(+37). I think I'll do some shorter runs before doing Slow and going deep again.

I'm starting to appreciate map farming, now that I have Jestimps. One more bone to go for Chronoimps and then maps'll be even better...
Old 11-08-2016, 07:04 AM

I've been slogging my way to 70 to unlock the new challenge, and it's taking for EVER... Currently at 69. I'll have about 4K He when I portal, at least.

I didn't see much of a benefit after buying feyimps. I had to go back to increasing metal output for Warpstations and weapons & armor. I then tried to see if I could get 100 of every dwelling for the Achievement and decided I'd still rather not buy Wormholes.

Last edited by Knowed Out; 11-08-2016 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
you'll want to keep your breed speed at 30 seconds or slightly above for a damage bonus.
I've read this elsewhere but I don't really understand it. Keeping breed speed at 30 seconds just makes it slower to progress. I keep the speed at 1 second so they immediately regroup or whatever, and it takes WAY less than 30 seconds to kill each enemy. What am I missing?
Old 11-08-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
I hit zone 60 a few runs ago and am trying to build up enough to work through that wall. Am working on finishing up all the quests that I haven't done yet.

Looking forward to the point where I can ignore wormholes entirely and not spend helium as a toll for progressing.
That's where I'm at. I bought a bunch of WHs to make 60 the first time. Then I did Scientist II and Trimp, and now Decay, and only buying as many WHs as I need to unlock Collectors. Been distracted the last few days and haven't played much so I've got lots of gems built up.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
I've read this elsewhere but I don't really understand it. Keeping breed speed at 30 seconds just makes it slower to progress. I keep the speed at 1 second so they immediately regroup or whatever, and it takes WAY less than 30 seconds to kill each enemy. What am I missing?
Anticipation gives you a 2% damage bonus per second breed speed (Capped at 30 seconds) for each level. At the moment I have it at level 5, which gives a 300% damage bonus, and it maxes out at level 10. It synergizes really well with geneticists, since they reduce your breed speed for extra Health.

Last edited by Telperion; 11-08-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Anticipation gives you a 2% damage bonus per second breed speed (Capped at 30 seconds) for each level. At the moment I have it at level 5, which gives a 300% damage bonus, and it maxes out at level 10. It synergizes really well with geneticists, since they reduce your breed speed for extra Health.
I understand what it does, my question was why would I wait 30 seconds between groupings just to get an attack bonus, when I can have breed speed at 1 second and kill the bad guy in 10 seconds or even 20 seconds?
Old 11-08-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
I understand what it does, my question was why would I wait 30 seconds between groupings just to get an attack bonus, when I can have breed speed at 1 second and kill the bad guy in 10 seconds or even 20 seconds?
If you are able to do that at level 90+, more power to you, but I definitely can't with the upgrades I have right now. At +300% Attack and +1878% Health, ideally they'd survive until the next army is ready to go but it's been a few levels since that was feasible too.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
If you are able to do that at level 90+, more power to you, but I definitely can't with the upgrades I have right now. At +300% Attack and +1878% Health, ideally they'd survive until the next army is ready to go but it's been a few levels since that was feasible too.
Fair enough, I've only made it to 80, so maybe it's different when I get to 90. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:45 PM

Dang. After completing zone 70 and taking on the "No birthers" challenge, I spent 6K He and am now rifling through all the zones. I completed a Void at level 20, something I've never even hoped to do before. My enemies shatter like glass when my mighty trimps attack. It's a little annoying to release trapped imps instead of waiting for the birthers to reproduce, but I can live with it.

Last edited by Knowed Out; 11-09-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:51 AM
Charter Member

Question about the Balance challenge:

"Completing Zone 40 with this challenge active will grant an additional 100% of all helium earned up to that point. This challenge is repeatable!"

Is that helium earned in the current run, or all previous runs?
Can you keep doubling up your helium? Is there a limit to how many times you can run it?
Old 11-11-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Question about the Balance challenge:

"Completing Zone 40 with this challenge active will grant an additional 100% of all helium earned up to that point. This challenge is repeatable!"

Is that helium earned in the current run, or all previous runs?
Can you keep doubling up your helium? Is there a limit to how many times you can run it?
Just the current run, up to z40. You can repeat it as many times as want, unless you're doing a different challenge of course.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:03 AM

So I broke the planet again. Here I am at Z60. It was certainly easier getting here than the last time I made it this far, three portals and challenges ago. Things are still so slow though, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing differently now, other than more of everything. I have 60 Collectors and I figure now it's time to save gems for Warpstations.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Last edited by levdrakon; 11-12-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:12 PM

I decided to try the daily challenge yesterday, -76% from production and looting, and +300% enemy health for +346% helium. It hasn't actually been too bad so far, but I expect things will really slow down once I start to get up there in levels, since the low production will make it difficult to keep up with upgrades. Still, if I can get to around level 80 or so that should net somewhere around 100K helium, which would be really nice.

Last edited by Telperion; 11-12-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
So I broke the planet again. Here I am at Z60. It was certainly easier getting here than the last time I made it this far, three portals and challenges ago. Things are still so slow though, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing differently now, other than more of everything. I have 60 Collectors and I figure now it's time to save gems for Warpstations.

Thoughts, suggestions?
What are your perks set at? If you made it three portals ago, you really shouldn't be having that tough of a time. How much total helium do you have?