Old 06-10-2018, 09:38 PM

Fallout really needed mandatory online griefing.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:58 PM
Charter Member

They just announced Elder Scrolls VI is in production.

Gotta be 2020 at the earliest.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
Here is a trailer.
That is definitely the Greenbrier Hotel at the 3:57 mark.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:27 PM
Charter Member

Here's a trailer showing multiplayer.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:36 PM
Charter Member

Here's an enemy inspired by Mothman, I guess.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
They just announced Elder Scrolls VI is in production.

Gotta be 2020 at the earliest.
This announcement would have made me excited if not for Bethesda's paid mod fuckery. Now I'm just dreading what kind of suck they're going to put in it.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
Fallout really needed mandatory online griefing.
You never played FOnline, did you?
Old 06-11-2018, 05:51 AM

I hadn't even heard of that one, but I now see it's based on Fallout 1 & 2. I'll pass.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by And his buzzer goes ... View Post
I hadn't even heard of that one, but I now see it's based on Fallout 1 & 2. I'll pass.
Where do you get this??
Old 06-11-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uosdwis R. Dewoh View Post
This announcement would have made me excited if not for Bethesda's paid mod fuckery. Now I'm just dreading what kind of suck they're going to put in it.
I don't like mods, so I have no cause not to be excited. I have well over 1,000 hours on Skyrim and I'd be happy to put another 1,000 in the next one.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
I don't like mods, so I have no cause not to be excited. I have well over 1,000 hours on Skyrim and I'd be happy to put another 1,000 in the next one.
And some of the best big mods for /4 were terrain and texture packs. From Todd's presentation, he SAYS that terrain has been revamped for more detail and draw/view distance.

Now, that may be hype, too.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
Where do you get this??
It was wrt FOnline. The first hit goes to https://www.fonline-reloaded.net/.

Quote:
FOnline: Reloaded is a free to play post-nuclear MMORPG based on FOnline: 2238, an award-winning game set three years before the events of Fallout 2. FOnline: Reloaded provides you with a unique opportunity to revisit the ruins of California and explore the familiar locales from Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.
The screenshots look like Fallout 1 & 2 I guess, I have never played them.

Last edited by And his buzzer goes ...; 06-11-2018 at 08:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-11-2018, 08:57 AM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

They say you can play this solo. I assume it's a bit like Diablo...you can play it solo from their servers or you can play it online. I honestly am concerned by the nuclear sites scattered throughout the map.

That's what happens when you let rednecks play with anti-matter!
Old 06-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

I hope they'll include an option for players to password-protect their own little corner of the game world, similar to private groups in Elite: Dangerous.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
It was wrt FOnline. The first hit goes to https://www.fonline-reloaded.net/.

The screenshots look like Fallout 1 & 2 I guess, I have never played them.
Oh my bad. Missed that part.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:46 PM

I'm just....so angry. I was so excited for this game, I love the Fallout series. But then I watched the reveal that it's online multiplayer. I don't WANT to constantly be worrying about other players killing me or wrecking my shit. I don't want to have to build a home base to survive only to have other players demolish it just because they can. This is why I avoid PvP games like the plague. Sure they said 'solo' play was available but that's not the same as single player. You're still playing with other people. It just means you'll get killed faster.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Not even SkyUI? That alone makes the game a lot more enjoyable saving you dozens of hours of UI frustration.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSoft View Post
I don't WANT to constantly be worrying about other players killing me or wrecking my shit. I don't want to have to build a home base to survive only to have other players demolish it just because they can. This is why I avoid PvP games like the plague. Sure they said 'solo' play was available but that's not the same as single player. You're still playing with other people. It just means you'll get killed faster.
They also made a point of showing that one will be able to play with one's friends. I sure hope that means there will be a way of keeping the griefers & trolls out of one's area.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 06-11-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:03 PM

Griefing is all I see in Fallouts’ future

And giant scrap metal dicks everywhere.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Charter Member

There's a little over a year and a half until release. Imma wait & see.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
There's a little over a year and a half until release. Imma wait & see.
Nov. '18?

I'm hoping that when they say you can play with your friends, it means you can choose who jumps in to your game. They did say games with dozens rather than hundreds, at least.

I don't see how, with the base-building, you could possibly have randos coming along and wrecking your shit once you're logged off. Now it would make sense if everybody was a friendly you know and could trust to leave your building intact. Todd did say something odd along the lines of building wherever you want, then taking it with you? Wonder what that means. Maybe when you log off, your base gets "packed up" and disappears?

There was no mention of PvP, did anyone watch closely for friendly fire on the demo? I'd PvP something they'd be likely to mention if it was possible?

I'm not going to be playing this game any time soon, anyway. No time. But I'll be watching it closely for the next year like I did /4. I'm hoping that either the single player experience is worthwhile, or you can lock down your game to only allow in friendlies. Of it's open to anyone I'll not even going to bother.

Last edited by Sicks Ate; 06-11-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Nov. '18?
12/31/19, according to Amazon.
Quote:
There was no mention of PvP, did anyone watch closely for friendly fire on the demo? I'd PvP something they'd be likely to mention if it was possible?
The trailer in Post 54 features one bit of PvP at the beginning.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 06-11-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
12/31/19, according to Amazon.The trailer in Post 54 features one bit of PvP. Bounty hunting, looks like.
Damn, you're right. I forgot about that.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:33 PM

FWIW Amazon will sometimes do that when it has no idea when the release date will be. At least for games I have seen that. I doubt New Years Eve is the planned release date.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:46 PM
Charter Member

Yeah, could be. Maybe they're also wrong that the PC version requires Windows 8 or above. I'd have to play on my tablet or XBone if it doesn't like 7.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 06-11-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I don't see how, with the base-building, you could possibly have randos coming along and wrecking your shit once you're logged off.
That's actually one of the gameplay elements in Conan Exiles- most base raiding takes place when the owner is offline, and it comes down to the defenses the owner has set up.

Yeah, I'm not interested in that, either. That's why I play on a private server, where it's just me and my wife.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Charter Member

I get dibs on creating "FallArk" if they end up making it that sort of game.

The off-line raiding component is the worst thing about those games. Logging on to see if your shit is all dead or not is not compelling. There are potential solutions - one of the ones I like is to only turn on base raiding for an hour or two a day during primetime so people have a chance to get on and defend their bases.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightnin' View Post
That's actually one of the gameplay elements in Conan Exiles- most base raiding takes place when the owner is offline, and it comes down to the defenses the owner has set up.

Yeah, I'm not interested in that, either. That's why I play on a private server, where it's just me and my wife.
Well that sounds terrible. I can't fathom why anyone would want to play that in the first place.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef View Post
I get dibs on creating "FallArk" if they end up making it that sort of game.
Sounds more like Fallout: Rust Edition. I don't expect anything as interesting as tameable dinosaurs.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
To be fair, it was a much more realistic vision of post-apocalyptic America than FO1 or 2. As soon as you spawned you'd get suicide-bombed by Russian griefers...

I might try it again, since it's out of alpha.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
12/31/19, according to Amazon.The trailer in Post 54 features one bit of PvP at the beginning.
It's a typo. Todd was pretty clear it would be November of this year, and a quick Google search confirms it.

Quote:
Fallout 76 comes out this November. Back in 2015, Bethesda showed Fallout 4 for the first time at E3, promising that gamers would be playing it later that year. They were. Now, the company is doing it again -- Fallout 76 will launch on November 14th, 2018.18 hours ago
There was a full interview with Todd on Youtube yesterday I was listening too. I won't post the link here, but it seems like this will be a more PVP oriented game than I'd like. He said you can play it 'solo' or opt out of the PVP...sort of. He also said that modding would definitely be limited and not available at launch, and sounds like they will be monetized in some way (and probably only approved ones). There will be no NPCs in the game, but there will be terminals and computers that you can get quests from (I guess that means no NPC guards for your base, though I know they have automated turrets and the like). There will be a quest line, though how that will play out is still a question. And there will be those nuclear missile sites scattered throughout the map that sounds like a griefers wet dream come true. Gather the codes and you can literally nuke any site on the map (wonder if this will permanently change the environment in the nuked area, or how repeated nuking will degrade an area).

I'm a bit disappointed, especially after digesting things since the initial conference which I was following live. I would kind of like a survival Fallout world that I can play with my friends and selected others. A game world with a bunch of griefers though, no NPCs and nuclear missile sites scattered about just to add spice doesn't sound too fun to me at this time. But details are still sketchy, so I'll have to see where this goes between now and November. I'm definitely not getting into the beta, but if anyone here is please add some thoughts and comments to this thread of what you think.

Last edited by XT; 06-12-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT View Post
It's a typo. Todd was pretty clear it would be November of this year, and a quick Google search confirms it.
Yeah, Amazon has the correct date now. That was some typo!

Also, the PC version already has three reviews, all five star.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Just Some Guy
Charter Member

Well, I'll wait and see exactly what the gameplay is. I've got so many games I still haven't finished that I could go back to anyway. For that matter, I've never actually played the majority of the Fallout games, so I can play something new to me that I'd actually like. Also, Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out around the same time.

A different game type in the same universe that I don't want to play isn't a problem, as long as it isn't only that from now on. If it is, then I just won't buy any more games from that developer.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Yeah, Amazon has the correct date now. That was some typo!

Also, the PC version already has three reviews, all five star.
If you havenít played the game yet you canít really contradict those 5 star reviews, can you?
Old 06-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterion View Post
A different game type in the same universe that I don't want to play isn't a problem, as long as it isn't only that from now on. If it is, then I just won't buy any more games from that developer.
They were smart enough not to call it Fallout 5.

I'd like the main Fallout games to be single-player role playing games.

I still don't have a computer good enough to play 4, but even with the less-than-stellar reviews, it sounds like they at least attempted to make a proper Fallout game.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:59 AM

The upside of all this is that it's put a couple of F:NV world mods on my radar that I either haven't noticed before, or disregarded at the time because they were so far from completion.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
If you havenít played the game yet you canít really contradict those 5 star reviews, can you?
Nobody has.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out around the same time.
And Just Cause 4 less than a month later.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Just Some Guy
Charter Member

Quote:
And Just Cause 4 less than a month later.
Never really got into the Just Cause games, despite owning both two and three. They were more for the ex, who liked the open-world quasi-sandbox of blowing things up and collecting things without actually running the story missions.

I'm seriously considering buying New Vegas now that I have a computer setup that'll make it playable instead of trying to deal with all the PS3 problems again.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Never really got into the Just Cause games, despite owning both two and three. They were more for the ex, who liked the open-world quasi-sandbox of blowing things up and collecting things without actually running the story missions.

I'm seriously considering buying New Vegas now that I have a computer setup that'll make it playable instead of trying to deal with all the PS3 problems again.
Do it. It's a great game with great DLC and great mods.

With a newer computer you can crank everything to eleven and then some.

Last edited by Sicks Ate; 06-12-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:40 PM

Meanwhile, if you're looking for me this fall, I'm likely to be somewhere over here:

https://youtu.be/COadLxnCWQc
Old 06-12-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I realize that, I was being facetious, hence my tongue-face.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:50 AM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Some additional details have trickled out. As noted earlier there will be no human NPCs, not even raider gangs. Quests will be via found objects or robots/computers. They talked a bit more about the nuke sites scattered about the map. I guess finding them will be part of the main quest line and they will be tough to get into and find all the codes (you would have to either do the quest repeatedly or team up with others who have done it to get the full codes to launch). Launching the nuke actually creates a high level zone for players to go into, so it's not just something used to grief other players.

Player bases will be portable or at least will disappear from the world when the player logs out. The base can be degraded but not destroyed, presumably not even by a nuke. There will be multiple game worlds and you'll be 'matched' to one, though they didn't say how your friends would find you or get on the same server. VATs will still be in the game, but it will be in real time, so it will really be an aiming system. You will be able to put points into the perks for it though to make it more powerful, but it won't pause or even slow time. They haven't really talked about any of the other perks or skills yet but I assume they will be a lot like what's in the various games already.

Last edited by XT; 06-13-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:57 AM

It also looks like PVP won't be too terribly disruptive. You won't lose anything if you get killed and you'll apparently be able to avoid if it you want.

Warning: autoplaying video at the link.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:24 AM

Typically games designed around a strong PVP component are fairly shallow when played solo or PvE. Ark got away from this a little since you had dinosaurs to tame but games like Rust aren't very interesting without other people. With no AI NPCs, I'm skeptical about how engaging the solo/PvE world is going to be.

Maybe I'm wrong but, if I am, then more games for me. But I don't feel much enthusiasm for this title.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
I realize that, I was being facetious, hence my tongue-face.
I know, hence the wink.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:20 AM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoitall View Post
Yeah. This is the kind of thing I'm afraid of.(ē_ē)
( ē_ē)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
YEEEEAAAHHH!

(quote split for comic effect, because SUNGLASSES)
Jim Carrey does David Caruso: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJSqkwyL1Zo
Old 06-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I just dusted off a level 1 alt a couple days ago and started playing again.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I just dusted off a level 1 alt a couple days ago and started playing again.
Ha! I did much the same. While I'm not interested in multiplayer anything all this Fallout talk inspired me to start up a new Fallout: NV character. Savannah the Courier just hit level 13 and is poking around in the Divide (I like to grab some of the stuff there at low levels).
Old 06-13-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
Ha! I did much the same. While I'm not interested in multiplayer anything all this Fallout talk inspired me to start up a new Fallout: NV character. Savannah the Courier just hit level 13 and is poking around in the Divide (I like to grab some of the stuff there at low levels).
I believe if you do the Divide before the main quest, you can nuke the NCR and Legion installations that make them hate you, but get forgiven through the main quest. I'll try that next time. That and activate Archimedes II instead of being a hippie.