Old 08-28-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
But the fans are justifiably pissed. Luck doesn't have to have acted badly for that to be acceptable. It's not zero sum thing.
You said "Luck is totally fucking over this franchise ..." Your words.

Now you're saying he didnt need to have done anything differently, and that he didnt act badly.

Pick a fucking lane.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:10 PM
Charter Member

What's with the constant attitude?

I didn't say he intentionally fucked them over....but there was fucking nonetheless.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
But the fans are justifiably pissed. Luck doesn't have to have acted badly for that to be acceptable. It's not zero sum thing.
I understand them being angry at the situation. Doug Baldwin, one of the best WRs in Seattle franchise history (#2 in TDs, only second to Steve Largent) retired after only 7 years. It sucks and Hawks fans are upset (including me) but nobody is angry at him for it. He put himself through hell trying to play through injuries for a long time and it’s understandable.

So why do Indy fans have to be babies about it and boo him? Doug even composed a farewell letter with notable snubs in it, and he’s still forgiven. Is it because Doug was part of a more successful team, and helped give Seattle one championship and almost a second one?
Old 08-28-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I didn't say he intentionally fucked them over....but there was fucking nonetheless.
Sure. It must have been one of those accidental fuckings. "She fell on my erection" kind of thing.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:55 AM

I have no problem with Luck retiring.

I also have no problem with fans booing him.

I agree that he doesn't owe fans anything, but neither do the fans owe him anything. But there's plenty of commentary that the fans that boo-d him are "disgusting".
Old 08-30-2019, 07:58 AM

Redskins heading into the season with Case Keenum and a whole lot of questions. Haskins has looked okay in what snaps he's gotten. He was not great in the Browns game, his first NFL action and it looked like it, but he got better each game. Last night he was decent. He didn't do anything spectacular, but he looked the part and he made some good plays with no major mistakes. Was a victim of a lot of drops. He's still clearly quite raw, but the talent is apparent.

Washington is going to stink to high heaven this season, might even be in the running for a top pick, but they've actually got a lot of young players with potential and could be legit in a couple of seasons.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:33 AM

Wow. Texans are so desperate for OL help they offered Jadeveon Clowney AND a 1st round pick to Miami for LT Laremy Tunsil. The Dolphins rejected it. They wanted more.

The Redskins need to jump on this deal immediately.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:52 AM

Cut down day for the NFL. The teams have to go from 90 to their regular season 53 man roster. That's a lot of disappointed players. And some opportunities for bargain shopping for teams.

So far, some important news:

1) LeSean McCoy was cut by the Bills. Take note Zeke and Melvin: teams are becoming more reluctant to give big contracts to RBs.

2) The Texans traded Jadaveon Clowney to the Seahawks for a third round pick and a couple players (including Browns' washout Barkaveious Mingo). Boy the Texans fucked that up really good.

3) The Bucs cut Vinnie Testaverde. I had no idea that the real Vinnie Testaverde had a son, yet alone one on an NFL roster for a ilttle.

Should be interesting to see what happens. Cuts are due by 3:00 today.

Last edited by Hamlet; 08-31-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:08 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
3) The Bucs cut Vinnie Testaverde. I had no idea that the real Vinnie Testaverde had a son, yet alone one on an NFL roster for a ilttle.
Looks like they had him under contract as a UFA for a bit during mini-camp, cut him, re-signed him early in training camp, cut him again soon after, and re-signed him again last week when Blaine Gabbert got hurt. So, cut three times by the same team in 3 months or so.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
1) LeSean McCoy was cut by the Bills. Take note Zeke and Melvin: teams are becoming more reluctant to give big contracts to RBs.
I hate the fact you are making me defend the judgement of an ex-Ohio A&M player('s agent)'s judgement intentionally, but the note to take reinforces Zeke's point. Once an RB crosses the age threshold and has a bad season they are dumped like boiling shit. They gotta get what they can while they can, because it is a short window, and one season, even one play, can end it all.

Last edited by wolfman; 08-31-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
The Texans traded Jadaveon Clowney to the Seahawks for a third round pick and a couple players (including Browns' washout Barkaveious Mingo). Boy the Texans fucked that up really good....
Absolutely enraging. They could not have fucked that up anymore if they'd tried. And they still don't have a good enough line to protect Watson.

The Clowney debacle was predictable by everyone with a more than room temperature IQ. I would be a horrible, abysmal football GM, and I would've done better than this.

Utter shitshow. I've checked out till they've canned O'Brien and the rest of their executive team.

Last edited by Gray Ghost; 08-31-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
Absolutely enraging. They could not have fucked that up anymore if they'd tried. And they still don't have a good enough line to protect Watson.

The Clowney debacle was predictable by everyone with a more than room temperature IQ. I would be a horrible, abysmal football GM, and I would've done better than this.

Utter shitshow. I've checked out till they've canned O'Brien and the rest of their executive team.
Plus the fact I had Texans D on my fantasy team. Once Watt get hurt on schedule they will be uttery useless
Old 08-31-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
Plus the fact I had Texans D on my fantasy team. Once Watt get hurt on schedule they will be uttery useless
Well, yeah. The next big injury Watt gets will be his last one.

They aren't good---the secondary in particular was much poorer than it should've been---and they are playing a much tougher schedule this year. With a Murderer's Row of QBs, even minus Luck. Losing Clowney will not help. Barky Mingo?? Shaking head, sadly...

Texans UNDER 8.5 was one of the easiest prop bets I've ever seen.

Last edited by Gray Ghost; 08-31-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I hate the fact you are making me defend the judgement of an ex-Ohio A&M player('s agent)'s judgement intentionally, but the note to take reinforces Zeke's point.
My point is that I think Zeke is over-estimating his worth. He is absolutely free to hold out, just as the Cowboys are free to fine him for him not living up to the contract he signed. I just think that NFL teams are looking at the McCoy contract (and the Gurley contract), and having second thoughts about paying huge money to a running back. Personally, I hope the Cowboys pay him a ton, then make Dak Prescott one of the highest paid players ever, and then sign Amari Cooper longterm for a lot of money. Then, as that wonderful O line ages out and the money isnt available to continue building that defense, I may be able to avoid the "this really is their year" talk.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
At least it was a mess all the way through. From the dead owner, to his heirs, to the GM, to the lack of a GM, to their coach, everyone has a little piece of the turd-pie that was this fiasco.

Personally, I don't think Clowney is worth what he was demanding, and I'd have been more than happy to prey on a team willing to part with a couple first round picks to get him and let them make him one of the highest paid defensive players ever. But that should have been done earlier this year, not after, when it was completely evident that the Texans were fucked.

Last edited by Hamlet; 08-31-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Well, yeah. The next big injury Watt gets will be his last one.

They aren't good---the secondary in particular was much poorer than it should've been---and they are playing a much tougher schedule this year. With a Murderer's Row of QBs, even minus Luck. Losing Clowney will not help. Barky Mingo?? Shaking head, sadly...

Texans UNDER 8.5 was one of the easiest prop bets I've ever seen.
I'm not saying I took them first round for fuck sake, but any secondary can cover for 2.4 seconds, which was the hope. Fantasy ain't about keeping the score down, it's about sacks , fumbles, and returns. That is why in today's NFL that D-rush are so prized. Lose the rush, and lose the season. With that secondary,
Old 08-31-2019, 04:45 PM

Plus, now what the fuck are they trading for Tunsil as Schefter keeps insisting is almost done?
Old 08-31-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Plus, now what the fuck are they trading for Tunsil as Schefter keeps insisting is almost done?
"NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Mike Garafolo and Tom Pelissero report the Texans are trading two first-round picks plus a second-rounder to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for left tackle Laremy Tunsil and wide receiver Kenny Stills, per sources informed of the deal.

The Dolphins also receive special teamer Johnson Bademosi and offensive lineman Julien Davenport in the deal, while the Texans recoup a fourth-round pick, per RapSheet + Friends."

Ah, the Dolphins. Tanking for Tua already.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:

Did you also see that baked into the deal, was that the Texans would pay $7 million of Clowney’s $15 million contract this year? John Schneider (Seattle GM) made out like a bandit. Apparently the $8 million that Seattle is paying Clowney is offset by the $8 million they’re saving from giving two backup players to Houston in the trade (and they were planning to cut Mingo anyway).
Old 09-03-2019, 08:34 AM

I don't understand what the Texans are doing. They had to get out of the Clowney deal, got it. They needed OL help, badly. They solved both problems in the worst possible way, getting fleeced by both the Seahawks and Dolphins.

The Texans just gave up more for Tunsil than the Bears gave up for Khalil Mack. And they still have to work out an extension. That's fucking insane. Tunsil has got a ridiculous amount of leverage right now; he could ask the Texans for anything and they pretty much have to pay it.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:47 AM

I'm trying to understand and interpret my Giants finishing out the preseason 4-0. Dare I hope they can be better than .500 and try for a wildcard this year?

Daniel Jones, (QB rookie and controversial pick) looked pretty good. Actually he looked very good, but preseason. NFL power rankings still have the Giants at 27th.

CBS has the Giants picked for 6-10. 3rd in the NFC East.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Exit? View Post
I'm trying to understand and interpret my Giants finishing out the preseason 4-0. Dare I hope they can be better than .500 and try for a wildcard this year?

Daniel Jones, (QB rookie and controversial pick) looked pretty good. Actually he looked very good, but preseason. NFL power rankings still have the Giants at 27th.

I think if everything goes well 9-7 is possible. Realistically I'm expecting 6-10 to 8-8.

Unrealistically I'm expecting 3li to be holding the Lombardi Trophy in February.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:36 PM

I'm expecting Jones to take over the starting QB role from Eli after the bye week, so week 12.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Exit? View Post
They also pick the Redskins to go 5-11. I'd like to know who the hell they're gonna win five games against.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycat View Post
They also pick the Redskins to go 5-11. I'd like to know who the hell they're gonna win five games against.
They play the Dolphins 5 times?