Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #701  
Old 05-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Trion is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 3,428
I'm done!

Thank you to everybody who has dumped eggs in my town and most especially thank you to my egg buddy minionkat. I will continue to put eggs in minionkat's town, but I urge him/her to give his/her eggs to somebody else. I need no more eggs!

I never thought I'd make it all the way to the motel, especially considering I was an Android user who wasn't even able to have friends before this.

Now all characters will be pulled from snake whacking tasks and returned to their regularly scheduled quest lines.

Phew.
  #702  
Old 05-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Antigen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: was Montreal, now MD
Posts: 7,116
I'll be home and whacking by 6pm tonight in hopes of getting to Willie before the end.

I'm at 7250ish and will take any eggs you can spare. I'll watch this thread to see who needs more eggs, and I'll share the wealth!
  #703  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Intergalactic Gladiator's Avatar
Intergalactic Gladiator is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,437
Jsteck13 -- no eggs needed.
  #704  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Trion is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 3,428
Opps, sorry, forgot.

Atrion66 -- no eggs needed.
  #705  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trion View Post
I'm done!

Thank you to everybody who has dumped eggs in my town and most especially thank you to my egg buddy minionkat. I will continue to put eggs in minionkat's town, but I urge him/her to give his/her eggs to somebody else. I need no more eggs!

I never thought I'd make it all the way to the motel, especially considering I was an Android user who wasn't even able to have friends before this.

Now all characters will be pulled from snake whacking tasks and returned to their regularly scheduled quest lines.

Phew.

Minionkat, I'll take whatever I can get - need appx 600-700 or so for the Coliseum - not sure exactly how many (at work now).

Lab "egg whore" trash

Hmmmmm. Maybe I can hit the Motel if everyone throws extras my way - but that just sounds pathetic and greedy, doesn't it?

Last edited by Labtrash; 05-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.
  #706  
Old 05-07-2013, 04:12 PM
HairyCactus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
Left eggs for JohnnyQuad, Ladyroxi, and 1701. I'm now at 12468 and I'm so close to that Sleezy Motel that I can taste it. What was the ammount of snakes that needed to be whacked for the final box of donuts at the end? I can't find it in the thread.
Thanks intergalactic gladiator. Enjoy your retirement home eggs

On another note, I occasionally do one if those scratch-R tickets for 69p. Did one tonight and got 100 donuts !! Yay me!! I might get the sleep Eazy after all now
  #707  
Old 05-07-2013, 04:57 PM
slackerboss is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Manhattan, KS
Posts: 29
I have a bunch of eggs I'll be handing out tonight. I know Labtrash is one of my friends, but if someone else needs help, feel free to add me, slackerboss, and everyone can make omelets in the morning. Just let me know how many you need to reach the next prize. The event ends in a couple days and it would be a waste for me to finish with all these eggs.
  #708  
Old 05-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Fenris's Avatar
Fenris is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 13,287
Whoever left all those eggs, thanks!!!

I'm RIGHT at the stadium and I really want to get the Willy one (to the point where I might buy donuts to do it--the moment when Willy rips off his shirt in the ep where Santa's Helper gets loose and he says to Lunchlady Doris "Grrrrease me oop, wumman!" and she says "Okie doke" is possibly the funniest Simpsons moment ever.)]

So any eggs will help.
  #709  
Old 05-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Ok, official count is

Labtrash = 9750, needs at least 10k

Shooting for the Coliseum, but if I get a significant boost tonight and tomorrow I'll shoot for the Motel
  #710  
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Antigen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: was Montreal, now MD
Posts: 7,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
So any eggs will help.
I'm on it.

My stats:

antijenic - 7398 snakes
Trying for Willie, need 7500.
  #711  
Old 05-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Whoever left all those eggs, thanks!!!

I'm RIGHT at the stadium and I really want to get the Willy one (to the point where I might buy donuts to do it--the moment when Willy rips off his shirt in the ep where Santa's Helper gets loose and he says to Lunchlady Doris "Grrrrease me oop, wumman!" and she says "Okie doke" is possibly the funniest Simpsons moment ever.)]

So any eggs will help.

I'd love to help, but Origin is a bitch and won't let me add you, or antijen or anyone who just came into this thread. Sorry...

If anyone knows of a fix for this, please let me know.
  #712  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Fenris's Avatar
Fenris is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 13,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigen View Post
I'm on it.

My stats:

antijenic - 7398 snakes
Trying for Willie, need 7500.
I'll do what I can--I can get you about 50-75 easy, maybe more. What's your name there again?
  #713  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Antigen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: was Montreal, now MD
Posts: 7,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
I'll do what I can--I can get you about 50-75 easy, maybe more. What's your name there again?
Um, it's right in my post! antijenic.

Are you just "fenris"? I didn't have you added, so I just sent a request.
  #714  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Fenris's Avatar
Fenris is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 13,287
D'oh!

And I'm fenris9999
  #715  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Just signed ChrisT1701's lower left open space

Also just found that I AM friends with antigenic, so left about fifty by Luigi's

Dropped all reminding with Wombat99
  #716  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Antigen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: was Montreal, now MD
Posts: 7,116
I have a Willie!

Wait, that sounds wrong...

Thanks to all who helped out!
  #717  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:30 PM
minionkat is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtrash View Post
Minionkat, I'll take whatever I can get - need appx 600-700 or so for the Coliseum - not sure exactly how many (at work now).

Lab "egg whore" trash

Hmmmmm. Maybe I can hit the Motel if everyone throws extras my way - but that just sounds pathetic and greedy, doesn't it?
On it. I have almost 200 to dump, they are all yours.
  #718  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:31 PM
minionkat is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Posts: 571
I am hoping to make it to 10,000. The motel is way out of reach. I keep whacking.
  #719  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by minionkat View Post
On it. I have almost 200 to dump, they are all yours.

Woohoo!

Whatever I eggs i get I can send right back to you.

Last edited by Labtrash; 05-07-2013 at 07:34 PM.
  #720  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:42 PM
minionkat is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtrash View Post
Woohoo!

Whatever I eggs i get I can send right back to you.

I just dropped everything I had down the bottom street and onto the open field. I am going to finish my run through the other Springfields and will drop whatever I pick up when I am done. Should be about an hour or so.
  #721  
Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 PM
LateComer is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Homer City, PA
Posts: 1,381
I have 11,300 so about 1200 to the motel. This is probably unreadable but I'd still like to try so I'll take any [donspadeoa]. I have about 200 to give out if anyone has some to give back. It looks like Labtrash, minionkat and antigenic gave yours all away. I'll give you 30 each, so share if you can scrounge some up. Thanks.
  #722  
Old 05-07-2013, 08:25 PM
LateComer is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Homer City, PA
Posts: 1,381
Left 36 for Fenris9999.
  #723  
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 PM
minionkat is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateComer View Post
I have 11,300 so about 1200 to the motel. This is probably unreadable but I'd still like to try so I'll take any [donspadeoa]. I have about 200 to give out if anyone has some to give back. It looks like Labtrash, minionkat and antigenic gave yours all away. I'll give you 30 each, so share if you can scrounge some up. Thanks.
My battery died just as I dropped the eggs from my run on Labtrash. I am going to plug in my phone and whack what appeared in my town over the last 90 minutes. Those eggs are all yours.


Psst...don't tell my RL friends that I am giving you guys all my eggs.
  #724  
Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by minionkat View Post
I just dropped everything I had down the bottom street and onto the open field. I am going to finish my run through the other Springfields and will drop whatever I pick up when I am done. Should be about an hour or so.
Got fifty or so eggs with that bonanza. All dropped by the prison.

Thanks again!
  #725  
Old 05-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateComer View Post
I have 11,300 so about 1200 to the motel. This is probably unreadable but I'd still like to try so I'll take any [donspadeoa]. I have about 200 to give out if anyone has some to give back. It looks like Labtrash, minionkat and antigenic gave yours all away. I'll give you 30 each, so share if you can scrounge some up. Thanks.

Just hit the 10k mark for the Coliseum. Thanks everyone!

Motel looks too far away, so I'll stop here.

I'll drop some by you now.
  #726  
Old 05-07-2013, 10:08 PM
LateComer is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Homer City, PA
Posts: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by minionkat View Post
My battery died just as I dropped the eggs from my run on Labtrash. I am going to plug in my phone and whack what appeared in my town over the last 90 minutes. Those eggs are all yours.


Psst...don't tell my RL friends that I am giving you guys all my eggs.
your secret's safe with me.

And, holy crap! I was watching Grimm and whacking some snakes in other Springfields and there were 356 eggs waiting for me and I just kept whacking and they just kept coming! As of now I have almost 12,000 already up from 11,300 just 2 hours ago. So thanks to all who left those.

Minionkat I'll leave you a large batch, you too fenris. If you change your mind Labtrash I can leave you some later.
  #727  
Old 05-07-2013, 10:28 PM
LateComer is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Homer City, PA
Posts: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateComer View Post
your secret's safe with me.

And, holy crap! I was watching Grimm and whacking some snakes in other Springfields and there were 356 eggs waiting for me and I just kept whacking and they just kept coming! As of now I have almost 12,000 already up from 11,300 just 2 hours ago. So thanks to all who left those.

Minionkat I'll leave you a large batch, you too fenris. If you change your mind Labtrash I can leave you some later.
left 50 each for minionkat and mahalath. Fenris's Springfield is full.

I have eggs for whomever needs them. The list of those who don't need them seems to be growing.
  #728  
Old 05-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Fenris's Avatar
Fenris is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 13,287
Thanks to LateComer and anyone else who left ever square inch filled with eggs! I'm at 4500 and want to get as close as I can to 7500 (I'll spend $$$ on donuts to get the rest--I doubt I can get all 7500 by Thurs) so I really appreciate it!!
  #729  
Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 PM
LateComer is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Homer City, PA
Posts: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Thanks to LateComer and anyone else who left ever square inch filled with eggs! I'm at 4500 and want to get as close as I can to 7500 (I'll spend $$$ on donuts to get the rest--I doubt I can get all 7500 by Thurs) so I really appreciate it!!
You're welcome. I left you another 48 since you cleaned out some space. I left antigenic 40 which drained my stash pretty low but I'll have more tomorrow. Does punkyb1980 still need eggs?
  #730  
Old 05-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Ready_for_my_closeup is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Up north
Posts: 117
I've been superbusy in my regular life so I haven't been posting, but I'm closing in on the hotel so all eggs are appreciated. I've left a bunch for the usual suspects Labtrash, donspadeoa, fenris, antigen and ChrisT.

I'll be in and out all day, but I'll keep leaving whenever I have some.
  #731  
Old 05-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Ready_for_my_closeup is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Up north
Posts: 117
Before my morning rounds I'm about 500 eggs shy of the hotel. Thank you so much to all the egg-leavers and to everyone else for making this a shared experience and a lot more fun.

I forgot ladyroxi in my previous post, but I'm still leaving eggs for you as well.
  #732  
Old 05-08-2013, 01:33 AM
HairyCactus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtrash View Post
Just signed ChrisT1701's lower left open space

Also just found that I AM friends with antigenic, so left about fifty by Luigi's

Dropped all reminding with Wombat99
Thanks labtrash. Your town is looking like a scene from Alien now
  #733  
Old 05-08-2013, 02:03 AM
HairyCactus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
I have around 500 for anyone who wants them. I'm on about 10500 but I'm seriously going for the motel.

Username: ChrisT1701
  #734  
Old 05-08-2013, 05:38 AM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyCactus View Post
Thanks labtrash. Your town is looking like a scene from Alien now
Wow.

From that, I've decided to go for the motel.

I'll get a count in a bit and will bring my iPad to work today.

I'd like to say good luck, and I'm counting on you all. Let's do this!
  #735  
Old 05-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Labtrash

Egg count appx 10900

Trying for motel
  #736  
Old 05-08-2013, 07:29 AM
HairyCactus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
Labtrash, I've just dumped about 170-180 eggs for you. You should be able to tell here from me!!
  #737  
Old 05-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyCactus View Post
Labtrash, I've just dumped about 170-180 eggs for you. You should be able to tell here from me!!

Sure can !

You need more? I'm whacking at work (snerk), but won't be able to drop eggs until I get home.

Last edited by Labtrash; 05-08-2013 at 07:42 AM.
  #738  
Old 05-08-2013, 07:48 AM
HairyCactus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
No worries!! All donations gratefully received!!
  #739  
Old 05-08-2013, 08:43 AM
LateComer is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Homer City, PA
Posts: 1,381
No more eggs for me, some kind friend left me another 500 last night and I'll have the motel shortly. So now I can just be a philanthropist with what I can scrounge together. I'll leave Labtrash, chrisT1701, and fenris some.
  #740  
Old 05-08-2013, 08:45 AM
The Lurker Above is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary, AB Canada
Posts: 781
OriginID: LurkerAbove01

My motel is building; so no more eggs needed here.
  #741  
Old 05-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Ready_for_my_closeup is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Up north
Posts: 117
300 to go. Have been travelling and in meetings all day. Sucks how work cuts into my game time. Really wonder when exactly whacking day ends, this will be close.
  #742  
Old 05-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready_for_my_closeup View Post
300 to go. Have been travelling and in meetings all day. Sucks how work cuts into my game time. Really wonder when exactly whacking day ends, this will be close.

I'm praying it ends midnight PST on the 9th !!



I'm at 11075 now, and plan on leaving work later today, going home, and whacking / dropping till this is done!

Thanks again everyone !
  #743  
Old 05-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyCactus View Post
I have around 500 for anyone who wants them. I'm on about 10500 but I'm seriously going for the motel.

Username: ChrisT1701

You're gonna get a pile when I get home today, along with punkyb1980 (Ready..closeup)


That reminds me - if your Dopername isnt the same as your Origin name, and you need eggs, put your Origin / Tapped name in your post!

Last edited by Labtrash; 05-08-2013 at 09:32 AM.
  #744  
Old 05-08-2013, 10:45 AM
sideshowkar is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 161
I left about 300 for PunkyB and 200+ for ChrisT. Hopefully the 300 I left should get PunkyB reasonably close. I should have 500 more available in a couple of hours. I'll harvest those, and then I'll will be off for my weekly Disney World golf and park fun. I'll be able to harvest another 500 when I get home and will parcel those out while watching the Kings beat the Blues (hopefully).

Labtrash, I just sent you a friend requests from my 4 accounts (kaargh, sideshowkar, karmutt, and thistleor). I don't need eggs, I just want to try to help you out if I can.

ChrisT, I also sent requests to you from the last 3 accounts I listed above.
  #745  
Old 05-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Intergalactic Gladiator's Avatar
Intergalactic Gladiator is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,437
I'm anxious to see what happens when this ends. It will also be interesting to see what I'll do with that extra time I've been spending whacking snakes. Maybe I'll take a shower, interact with my kids, pay some bills, pet my dog. Oh poor Shammy Sham, nobody's paying attention to you!
  #746  
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 AM
HairyCactus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
Thanks sideshowkar. Requests have been accepted.
  #747  
Old 05-08-2013, 11:28 AM
HairyCactus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
Labtrash, just put another 160 or so your way.
  #748  
Old 05-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyCactus View Post
Labtrash, just put another 160 or so your way.
Got 'em

Did you see any disappearing?

I think I was whacking while you were dropping (that just doesn't sound right)
  #749  
Old 05-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Labtrash's Avatar
Labtrash is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyCactus View Post
Thanks sideshowkar. Requests have been accepted.

I am beginning to develop a seething hatred of Origin right now

Keep getting that "uh oh, Something went wrong" message when I try to add anyone.

Urge to kill...rising...rising...
  #750  
Old 05-08-2013, 11:52 AM
HairyCactus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
Didn't see any disappearing. When I left it you had a perfectly crafted version of my name on your field and big block of eggs too!!

It took me a couple of attempts to accept sideshowkar requests but I got there in the end.

Kill snakes not people!!!

Last edited by HairyCactus; 05-08-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017