Old 02-26-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
New motivation is coming to visit friends. You can earn friendship points to earn prizes.
Here are some detailed spoilers. I haven't looked deep, but it seems fun enough.

Last edited by Yorikke; 02-26-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:11 PM

Does that mean you Choo choo choose me? Are they cool prizes?
Old 02-26-2014, 01:17 PM

Wait, is there a Leprechaun running around my town?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:21 PM
Charter Member

Friend Points are now active. Permanent part of the game, too.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Friend Points are now active. Permanent part of the game, too.
I got up to about 600 points or so, but when it moved to 1 point per action I was done for the day. When I was getting 30 points per city at the beginning it hardly seems worth it when it got down to 3 points per city.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
I got up to about 600 points or so, but when it moved to 1 point per action I was done for the day. When I was getting 30 points per city at the beginning it hardly seems worth it when it got down to 3 points per city.

I did too. 600 per day is fine by me.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Charter Member

I'll admit, they needed some reason to 'need' friends when there wasn't something going on. I think most people realized that it was too much work to go from town to town for a few hundred dollars and some XP, but I don't like the way the amount of points you get goes down each time. I'd rather it stayed the same and they just made the prizes worth more. When the amount of points you get diminishes I think I'm going to be in the majority of people that just goes from town to town until you're at 1 or 2 points per action and then be done for the day (about 15-20ish towns) unless the next prize is just within reach). OTOH, if every single action was worth 10 points I'd be more likely to go through all my towns every single day AND get more friends (and try to recruit more to play the game).

I'm not going to say this backfired, but I think it was sort of a sideways more. Lots of work on their part to program it but probably won't get the results they want. Luckily they can just adjust how the points work, if they want to.
I'd rather they worked on the crashing problem. My game (still) crashes almost constantly sometimes. Even after the update, I've had times where it'll crash 15+ times just trying to reset all my guys.

Last edited by Joey P; 02-26-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 PM

The logic behind diminishing returns is to not punish people who don't have 100 friends. I would rather we get 3-4 points (or whatever the average is) for everyone.

The stackables glitch appears to be gone, but it's not totally confirmed. Some people are claiming they can still do it on their feeder towns, but most people are saying they can't. I know that when you tap a tile now, you only get 2xp. If both groups are people aren't lying, there might be something about if you started a tile/Ch6/etc AFTER the update. We'll know for sure in the next day or two, but it's not looking good. Sure, if I can stack Ch6 in my town, that'd be great, but I liked getting all the xp for clicking on friends' tiles.

One thing I really like (and I like the new changes for the most part) is that if someone graffitis your town, you get FP for cleaning it up. It's a great way to get a few extra points, so I tried to graffiti as much as I could when I visited my friends.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post

The stackables glitch appears to be gone, but it's not totally confirmed.
I'm waiting on another handshake on my Channel 6...
Old 02-27-2014, 07:20 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
It goes back up.

Quote:
Collecting Friend Points appears to be identical to collecting hearts.
Between 0-30 actions you get 10 Friend Points
Between 30-60 actions you get 5 Friend Points
Between 60-90 actions you get 4 Friend Points
Between 60-120 actions you get 2 Friend Points
Between 120-300 actions you get 1 Friend Points
When you are done with the 1 FP clicks it goes back to 10 and starts over. Just like during V-day.

Last edited by Loach; 02-27-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:09 AM

So far, I do like this idea. This give you an incentive to go to other towns. Unfortunately, it also appears that it won't work at other Springfields for friends who aren't playing anymore. I did get a lot of FPs yesterday and I'm close to the first prize.

My playing time for this game has gone down in the past couple weeks since I got Shadowrun Returns on my tablet -- now it's going to go back up again...
Old 02-27-2014, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

Sure, but in order to get 300 actions you need 100 friends, at which point you have to wait another 24 hours anyway.

I actually don't mind the diminishing returns; it reduces the importance of having 100 friends but makes it still valuable to have a couple dozen. I think I stopped after around 640 points which was enough.

Really hoping the stackable handshakes come back though. I started a new Ch. 6 program, crop and Squidport tile after the update so I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:29 AM

There's rumors of an upcoming questline involving some new crops, so I'm starting some corn just in case.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:48 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skammer View Post
Really hoping the stackable handshakes come back though. I started a new Ch. 6 program, crop and Squidport tile after the update so I guess I'll find out soon enough.
I'm maxed out on tiles and I have more money than I know what to do with. Having the corn stacked was a nice payday but I don't miss it too much. It does suck that I managed to start harvesting a couple weeks before the V-day event took it all away.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
The stackables glitch appears to be gone, but it's not totally confirmed. Some people are claiming they can still do it on their feeder towns, but most people are saying they can't. I know that when you tap a tile now, you only get 2xp. If both groups are people aren't lying, there might be something about if you started a tile/Ch6/etc AFTER the update. We'll know for sure in the next day or two, but it's not looking good. Sure, if I can stack Ch6 in my town, that'd be great, but I liked getting all the xp for clicking on friends' tiles.
I still have tile handshakes to click from before Valentine's Day, so feel free to try and see what you get. (donspadeoa).
Old 02-27-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorikke View Post
I'm waiting on another handshake on my Channel 6...

Ditto
Old 02-27-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtrash View Post
Ditto
I gave up and cashed it in. In the 24 hours (or however long) I waited, I had visits from other Dopers, ones who I know would tap Channel 6, especially since I have it so that it's centered-ish when you visit my town.

I'm assuming it's gone.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:27 PM

I'm a little late to the discussion, but I'm glad there's diminishing returns. I got super burned out trying to get through all my friends for Halloween, but didn't mind bailing on valentines when it got to 1-2 per click.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 PM

Is there a way to stop fat tony from doing a 24 job? I tried putting the social club into inventory but no luck. Please help!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:07 PM

Is he in the Prison? Inventorying that might work.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:14 PM

Yep, thanks!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:55 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the El Barto graffiti on the dome of whatever building has the dome on it looks like the silhouette of two women as times? It usually shows up when my town is having trouble rendering all the buildings, but I've noticed it for a while and have never seen anyone else mention it. So maybe it's just me.

If you know what i'm talking about, please let me know I'm not seeing things.

And i am on an IPad, so if anyone can tell me how to take a screenshot, I will do so and post it for all to see.

I am so glad V-day is over. And i'm also glad they have put the wheel in mothballs for a while.

I would also like to get the feel for everyone's frustration level for getting bumped off the server continuously. I would have to try between 5-10 times a night to get on the server to visit my neighbors, and it was very annoying. Fortunately. i had some time and was able to get on almost every night, but i don't see either having the time or the energy to do it again with this friend thing. Ot took me three tries to get on tonight and i was able to visit most of my neighbors, although i did miss a few because of being bumped off twice while i was visiting.

I am hoping that whatever changes they put in have addressed the server problem/issue. If not, I can see me winding down a bit. The "game" has become less and less enjoyable each time a new event has begun.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
And i am on an IPad, so if anyone can tell me how to take a screenshot, I will do so and post it for all to see.
Press the top (power) button and the front (home) button simultaneously (and briefly -- holding them down will reset the iPad after a few seconds). You'll hear a "shutter" sound if the sound is on. The image will end up in your camera roll.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the El Barto graffiti on the dome of whatever building has the dome on it looks like the silhouette of two women as times? It usually shows up when my town is having trouble rendering all the buildings, but I've noticed it for a while and have never seen anyone else mention it. So maybe it's just me.
I've seen this a couple times as well. I asked about it here and didn't get a reply either, which I find unusual seeing as how I've showered and brushed my teeth.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
I've seen this a couple times as well. I asked about it here and didn't get a reply either, which I find unusual seeing as how I've showered and brushed my teeth.
I just noticed the same thing yesterday. I thought it was new.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Charter Member

Are the Friendship Points doodads the same for everyone? It looks like I'm in line for a big ugly head.

Did we get anything for the hearts we had built up at the end of the Valentine's arc? Or did those just disappear?

Query: I'm perpetually a bit short of cash, partly because I've made an aesthetic decision to avoid house farming. I've reached a point in the game, though, where my quests are pushing me to spend money not only on my Springfield proper, but on the Squidport and on Krustyland as well. Were you guys able to advance all three areas together, or would you recommend that I put off, say, Krustyland until the town is more fully built up? It just bugs me a bit to have a quest hanging in my queue unaddressed.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

I'm the same, Tom, and I build up Krustyland only until I needed the next improvement which cost 10,000 tickets. Now I'm just collecting tickets from what's already built but I haven't been doing any Krustyland jobs while I focus on the main town and Squidport. I seem to be doing well enough to start a new building every two days or so, so it's not bad. Working on Ranier Wolfcastle's mansion right now.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:50 PM

Krustyland is all tickets isn't it?
Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Stickler View Post
Krustyland is all tickets isn't it?
Is it? I'm still at the stage of needing to save up $50K for the Shuttle, so I actually don't know about the construction thereafter. Maybe they can go forward in parallel, then. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Charter Member

You'll basically be perpetually short of cash/tickets (assuming not farming) until you "catch up" with the maximum level and start running out of quests, at which point you can build a fairly substantial nest egg for each level as they come out. I'm did the same thing (no house farms) and am sitting on a couple million dollars now from just casually tapping once a day (I visit a few friends each day, but I don't even bother giving all of my characters tasks any more).

I don't think there's a significant disadvantage to picking any given order of work; do whatever makes you happiest. Both squidport and Krustyland eventually effectively "end," and Springfield doesn't, but it sounds like you're a long way from that.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:51 PM

Moron the graffiti dome:

http://www.tstofriends.com/troublesh...lly-ambiguous/
Old 02-28-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tildrum View Post
Is it? I'm still at the stage of needing to save up $50K for the Shuttle, so I actually don't know about the construction thereafter. Maybe they can go forward in parallel, then. Thanks!
Oh, yeah, that takes money but Krustyland gives you tickets instead of money and the various rides and stores require tickets to buy rather than money. Squidport, of course does dip into the money. I usually just swap from Squidport and Springfield. If the stacking is gone, I may just only work on Springfield for a while because those boardwalk pieces will be a lot more expensive than in the past.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

It's true that Krustyland runs only on tickets, but each characters can only earn either money or tickets at the same time. So you either have to split your characters between the two areas, slowing development down on both sides of the shuttle, or just focus on one or the other. I've decided to just send them on money jobs while collecting just the tickets that come from the K-land structures I've already built (and the park visitors).
Old 02-28-2014, 08:35 PM

There is a game you can play in Krustyland that can earn you donuts from time to time. That is the only good reason to start KL early. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have started either until I finished everything else up, or at least gotten much higher in levels. Well, I'm glad I did SP at the time because I got a ton of tiles during the glitch, but having it doesn't give much more money and it was a huge drain getting it started. It was so distracting, trying to do regular quests, special event quests, and build both at the same time.

We might be having another event in a couple weeks for St Patrick's Day, then I wouldn't be surprised if Whacking Day came back around Easter. So there might be lots to do in the next few months, making starting KL and SP overwhelming.

There is a new glitch out there. You put Kang and Kodos on the 10-hour "exchange protein strings" task and when you get the thumbs up, you immediate go to your character locator and put Kang on his 8-hour task and click on friends or KL shuttle. That traps Kodos in the UFO and every time you leave your main town and return, the money and XP show up like the first time you got the thumbs up. I don't know if I explained it well and it didn't work the first time I tried it, but today I had a day off so I grinded them out while I watched tv. I got a ton of money and xp, but it was tedious. Not quite sure if it was worth it, but it wasn't like I was doing anything else.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enalzi View Post
I just noticed the same thing yesterday. I thought it was new.

It's been around for over 2 months. I remember seeing this arond Christmas, but didn't really know if I was seeing things or if it was my screen not updating correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
That is what I've seen on the dome!

I've seen it often, maybe twice a week.

The problem of me getting on the server to visit the other Springfields continues.

It seems as if this is an isolated problem, as I haven't noticed anyone else complaining avout it.

Any idea what could be happening here? I'm on an iPad, 64GB, latest updates and version.

I tried 10 straight times tonight about 10:30 eastern US time, and never made it. The load can't be THAT high this late, can it? Jesus, this is frustrating.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:17 AM

I won my weekly prize the other day and it was the mystery box, containing a Homer Buhddha, with a mystery box in it, with a mystery box in that, finally ending with a newspaper box inside one more mystery box. I've done this before, but I don't think I've done it this many times in one shot.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:28 AM

I won the Big Ugly Head. Has anyone gotten the 2nd friendship doodad yet?

Whoever is playing as imagenie, I love your shout-out to the Dopers! I waved at my tablet the first time I saw it, like the dork I am.

My characters appear to be boycotting my boardwalk. Can anyone tell me if that's because it's too small/crowded with buildings? Do I have to buy the juggler etc to entice them? I've watched characters wander up to the Squidport entrance, stare forlornly for a while ... and then just turn right around and go back the way they came.

Ok, maybe I was projecting the "forlorn" part, but still ... What the heck, Mayor Quimby?

Last edited by purplehorseshoe; 03-02-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

I get the 2nd friendship reward tonight.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:44 AM

I'll get it tonight as well, I'm less than 30 FB points away.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I get the 2nd friendship reward tonight.

Just got it.

The Singing Sirloin restaurant.

24hr build.

Is anyone else having difficulty with neighbors not having ANY available buildings for tapping?

I'm having to go to Krustyland in a few, and it's getting tedious.

Anyone having problems finding something to tap in mine?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
There is a game you can play in Krustyland that can earn you donuts from time to time....

There is a new glitch out there. You put Kang and Kodos on the 10-hour "exchange protein strings" task and when you get the thumbs up, you immediate go to your character locator and put Kang on his 8-hour task and click on friends or KL shuttle. That traps Kodos in the UFO and every time you leave your main town and return, the money and XP show up like the first time you got the thumbs up. I don't know if I explained it well and it didn't work the first time I tried it, but today I had a day off so I grinded them out while I watched tv. I got a ton of money and xp, but it was tedious. Not quite sure if it was worth it, but it wasn't like I was doing anything else.
KL game: are you talking about popping balloons?

Just set K & K on the protein exchange thingy. Has anyone else here tried the rest of that glitch yet?

ETA: Dear Mr(s) Labtrash, please let our team know under which username you are playing, and we will do the needful tapping if possible.

Last edited by purplehorseshoe; 03-02-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: By WE I meant I just like at work
Old 03-02-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Is anyone else having difficulty with neighbors not having ANY available buildings for tapping?
Yeah, it's weird. Before the Valentine event, I would occasionally have a neighbor with no available taps. Then during the event, I was CONSTANTLY having neighbors with no characters tappable. Now, with that over, I was hoping it would revert to previous levels, but no. I'm having like 10-15% of neighbors have no buildings available.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:

I've also noticed this.

I have had so much trouble getting into my neighbors towns, and when I do, it seems that about 1 out of 3 or 4 towns has nothing to tap at all. I thought this was very strange, but I chalked it up to bad luck. But now that I see a couple of other people have seen the same thing, so maybe there is something else going on.

I came in to mention that my Springfield dome grafitti has shown me something else, aside from the two women and the el Barto script.

Today, my dome had a portal into the building itself. At first, I thought the square did not update when I came over the capitol building, but that wasn't the case. It looked like a sky-light was in the dome. You could see inside the dome itself, and that was a bit odd.

Anyone else seen this?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:41 PM

I got the Sirloin and it finished building in the last hour. It actually as a task, but I'm not sure if it's got a whole questline or if the task is permanent. It has a nice animation that we'll probably never see again.

I have a bunch of friends that have nothing to tap on. Sometimes going to KL helps (and even if you haven't started KL, you can visit other people's and it'll collect tix for you for when you do start it). I'm not quite at the deleting people stage, but I will be soon. I mean, if you have a 40-town house farm and nothing to tap for two days, it's probably that aren't logging in.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Just got it.

The Singing Sirloin restaurant.

24hr build.

I'm having to go to Krustyland in a few, and it's getting tedious.

Anyone having problems finding something to tap in mine?
I just visited and found plenty to tap. I still not very clear on how visiting friends works. Can you only tap things that the owner hasn't harvested yet? What if someone else has already tapped it?
Old 03-03-2014, 02:16 PM

In trying to figure out the problem of neighbors with nothing to tap, I've found that it's always people who haven't played in multiple days. I've eliminated a few inactive friends.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:49 PM

** Mr. Burns steepled fingers ** "Innnnnnteresting."

So can we please have a re-do of the current active usernames?

Last edited by purplehorseshoe; 03-03-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Charter Member

What about buildings like Simpson's House that have very short turn around times? If someone taps it, is it available for someone else to take 45 seconds later? I've put 5 Brown Houses near by spawn location, so hopefully multiple people can tap them.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDiver View Post
What about buildings like Simpson's House that have very short turn around times? If someone taps it, is it available for someone else to take 45 seconds later? I've put 5 Brown Houses near by spawn location, so hopefully multiple people can tap them.
It is not available until the town owner clears the handshake. During Halloween, they would regenerate, but not any more. Doing 5 brown houses is a great idea. I wish the Landing Zone marker stayed so we could pop people right into our brown houses or ones that get graffiti.

I unlocked Snowball II tonight. It's cute, but I already had the zombie cat, so I'm not jumping up and down excited. They're so tiny that they're hard to find. SII does cough up hairballs when you tap on him (her?). I'm really looking forward to Stampy.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:06 PM

So if my goal was to maximize the amount of clickable buildings for visitors, I would clear the handshakes and only the handshakes and maybe clean up the graffiti?