Old 02-09-2019, 02:14 PM

Don't forget that Derek is helping out Janet by creating people himself. Derek is still imperfect, so there's no telling what kinds of people he's made. Maybe they're all carrying around giant martini glasses full of olives.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Reviving this thread (which is, I think, the latest one about the show) to link to an article in which show runner Michael Schur announced that the upcoming fourth season will be the last one.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:21 AM

I'm glad to see that there's a plan for a definitive ending, as sad as I'll be to see the show go.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:21 AM

That's very good news.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2019, 11:30 AM

Is one season enough for Jason to deal with the fact that Bortles no longer plays for the Jaguars?
Old 06-10-2019, 11:44 AM

Luckily the new Jags QB (Nick Foles) is also "kind of okay, maybe, I don’t know, it’s being debated among experts, it’s confusing." Although, he does have a Super Bowl ring.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

It was a smart move to end the series. It was a complicated concept and could only go on for so long. You could see it starting to flag this season (still with some high points like "Janet(s)"), and it was smart to bring it to an end.
"If a person saying he was something was all there was to it, this country'd be full of rich men and good-looking women. Too bad it isn't that easy.... In short, when someone else says you're a writer, that's when you're a writer... not before."
Purveyor of fine science fiction since 1982.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

Quote:
Originally Posted by enalzi View Post
Is one season enough for Jason to deal with the fact that Bortles no longer plays for the Jaguars?
Worse, they've been doing this for a few hundred years, I believe. Bortles not only doesn't play for the Jags...he's dead.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Perhaps, but in the episodes that took place on Earth, it appeared to be more or less the present day. It didn't look like it was intended to be hundreds of years in the future.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Chance View Post
Worse, they've been doing this for a few hundred years, I believe. Bortles not only doesn't play for the Jags...he's dead.
Jeremy Bearimy dude.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:21 PM

Season 3 is available on Netflix now.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityChuck View Post
It was a smart move to end the series. It was a complicated concept and could only go on for so long. You could see it starting to flag this season (still with some high points like "Janet(s)"), and it was smart to bring it to an end.
I just got caught up and fiinished season 3. I thought there was a huge dropoff in laughs and overall quality this season. I hope it bounces back for the final season.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell View Post

I just got caught up and fiinished season 3. I thought there was a huge dropoff in laughs and overall quality this season. I hope it bounces back for the final season.
Interesting. I just rewatched the whole series and was pretty convinced that season three was far and away the best season. Season 2 feels like the one that lags to me. Either way looking forward to how they wrap things up.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:26 PM

Oh lawdy, whatever flaws the show might have were 100% overwhelmed by the sublimity of the Trolley Experiment. I don't think I've laughed that hard at anything that wasn't the dinner scene in Blazing Saddles in my life.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:30 PM

I think season 1 was by a good margin the best. Seasons 2 and 3 are generally similar in quality, but I think season 3 made a few key missteps:
(1) Adam Scott showing up on earth just didn't play right for me at all
(2) The whole "oh, the good place people are SO good that they become ineffective and take 1000 years to decide anything" is such a dumb and obvious and uninteresting cliche. I really _really_ hope it ends up subverted, because, even though "comedies in which we meet the ruling committee heaven" isn't a genre that we've seen dozens of times, if it was, I totally feel like "oh they're so indecisive" would be what we were all heartily sick of
(3) The setup at the end wasn't very well explained. So Chidi had to get his mind wiped so he could interact with Simone (is that her name)? Why was he there at all? Wasn't the point of the experiment to see if four other humans would bond? Can't Chidi just sit in the control room the whole time?
Old 09-03-2019, 06:04 AM

Season 4 starts September 26.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:07 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

Rewatching with my kids last night I think I noticed something. When Sean, the fake judge, sits down for a hearing he claims that this is case number '00003'.

Now, I know he's lying all through. But what if he was using real-world numbers? Mindy St. Clare would be a case. Eleanor would be a case. Is there a missing case that we don't know about?
Old 09-03-2019, 12:46 PM

That's what I'm thinking, he may been lying or just to lazy to come up with a lie so he used the real next-in-,line docket number.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2019, 07:22 AM

Holy crap! I went to college with someone on this show!

This individual plays one of the demons. I kept thinking, "Damn that face is familiar!" but assumed I just couldn't place from which movie/TV show or something. Went to IMDB and as soon as I saw the name ... holy shit!

We knew each other by name & were in a small performance group together. I think this counts as my closest brush with fame!

(Also, writing all that while concealing gender was .. awkward. I just didn't wanna doxx or "out" anyone.)
Old 09-04-2019, 07:33 AM

Are you talking about Adam Scott who was also on Parks and Rec?

We're watching the 3rd season now and just got to the episode where Chidi rips his shirt and sweater off and.... both my husband (who is very definitely not bisexual) and I blew a gasket at how fantastically built that man is! OMG!

Now I just want him to finish the series shirtless.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcWoman View Post
We're watching the 3rd season now and just got to the episode where Chidi rips his shirt and sweater off and.... both my husband (who is very definitely not bisexual) and I blew a gasket at how fantastically built that man is! OMG!
And it was a callback to season one, in which Eleanor mentioned that Chidi was "suprisingly jacked".