Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-26-2018, 07:46 AM
RTFirefly RTFirefly is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Maryland
Posts: 36,991
Kavanaugh redux: Grassley wants DOJ to investigate Kavanaugh accuser Julie Swetnick

That's right: Sen. Chuck Grassley, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, didn't think it was worth more than a half-assed examination into Kavanaugh's record (and he'd have rather skipped even that), but he wants DOJ to investigate Julie Swetnick and her lawyer Michael Avenatti, to see if they have committed any crimes.

I say Grassley is attempting to use the machinery of the U.S. government as a means of harassing people he regards as his political enemies.

This is banana-republic shit.

It's quite possible that Swetnick and Avenatti are full of shit. But the time to find that out was back when it would have made a difference, had it turned out that they weren't. But the Judiciary Committee, while Kavanaugh's nomination was before the Senate, chose to ignore Swetnick and the charges she made.

They could have put her under oath and had her testify under penalty of perjury - and would have had every right to throw the book at her if she had perjured herself with a Supreme Court nomination on the line.

But going after her now, after they ensured that her accusations wouldn't matter even if they were 100% true, is just political revenge, pure and simple. It's heads we win, tails you lose.

So fuck you, Chuck Grassley, you ancient, dried-up piece of shit.
  #2  
Old 10-26-2018, 08:06 AM
Stranger On A Train Stranger On A Train is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Manor Farm
Posts: 18,769
If the FBI investigates Swetnick and finds that her allegation is credible, are they going to consider impeaching Kavanaugh? No? I didnít think so.

Fuck that guy.

Stranger
  #3  
Old 10-26-2018, 08:13 AM
iiandyiiii's Avatar
iiandyiiii iiandyiiii is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 31,251
This could backfire hugely against Grassley (and Kavanaugh) if Swetnick is telling anything even close to the truth. If it went to trial, they could call all the witnesses they like, including many that Kavanaugh (and Grassley) may prefer stayed silent.
  #4  
Old 10-26-2018, 08:56 AM
SteveG1 SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 13,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
This could backfire hugely against Grassley (and Kavanaugh) if Swetnick is telling anything even close to the truth. If it went to trial, they could call all the witnesses they like, including many that Kavanaugh (and Grassley) may prefer stayed silent.
I hope it does backfire, bigly. I hope it destroys Kavanaugh and also blows up in Grassley's face. I hope the FBI finds serious shit on both of them and packs them both off to prison. Fuck them both.

By the way, about all that perjury Kavanaugh already has on his plate.....
  #5  
Old 10-26-2018, 09:04 AM
LAZombie LAZombie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 142
What are you upset about?

Don't you want all that evidence to impeach Kavanaugh?

Swetnick is batshit crazy. She has restraining orders against her and has been sued for making false claims of sexual harassment in the past. It was irresponsible for Avenatti to represent her.

The FBI should be investing Cory Booker for sodomizing that Gay guy.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/senator...lt-by-gay-man/
  #6  
Old 10-26-2018, 09:11 AM
Covfefe Covfefe is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
I say Grassley is attempting to use the machinery of the U.S. government as a means of harassing people he regards as his political enemies.
Probably more of a nuisance and a fabulist than a perceived political enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
It's quite possible that Swetnick and Avenatti are full of shit. But the time to find that out was back when it would have made a difference, had it turned out that they weren't. But the Judiciary Committee, while Kavanaugh's nomination was before the Senate, chose to ignore Swetnick and the charges she made.
...Because they knew she was full of shit?
  #7  
Old 10-26-2018, 09:30 AM
Jophiel's Avatar
Jophiel Jophiel is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Chicago suburbia
Posts: 18,455
Republicans saw a polling boost when everyone was all jazzed up about the Kavanaugh fight. Now that fight is in the past, Democrats are still leading on the generic ballots and Grassley wants to remind his base that Kavanaugh was a thing. It's like going on and on about Clinton's emails months after she lost the election. If you don't have policies people like, you'd better have a boogeyman they fear. Like scary liberal women attacking our sainted judges with their malicious #MeToo nonsense.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was quietly dropped after the election since it's likely unwinnable and its main purpose is to re-litigate the Kavanaugh fight in the final days before the election.
  #8  
Old 10-26-2018, 09:35 AM
Railer13 Railer13 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kansas
Posts: 716
Bring it on, says Avenatti.

Quote:
"It's Christmas in October," Avenatti said, noting that any such probe would also look into whether Kavanaugh lied to the Judiciary Committee about Swetnick's allegations.
  #9  
Old 10-26-2018, 09:38 AM
Richard Parker Richard Parker is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 12,009
There are some good reasons to be suspicious of Swetnick's account. I have no problem with an investigation in the abstract. It is a bit galling that they would launch this investigation but apparently have made no perjury referrals for people we suspect with much higher probability lied to them--including people like Donald Jr. and Kavanaugh himself.

If this gives more attention to Avenatti, that is bad for Democrats. He needs to go away yesterday.
  #10  
Old 10-26-2018, 09:42 AM
RTFirefly RTFirefly is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Maryland
Posts: 36,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
Probably more of a nuisance and a fabulist than a perceived political enemy.
It's the way I'd bet, but like you say, "more of a nuisance." No reason to sic the Department of Justice on a nuisance, unless they're doing it to intimidate other people who might come forward with more legitimate and inconvenient accusations the next time they pick a tainted nominee.
  #11  
Old 10-26-2018, 09:42 AM
AK84 AK84 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 15,526
Chief amongst them being so, whats he supposed to have done exactly?
ETA: In reply to Richard Parker.

Last edited by AK84; 10-26-2018 at 09:43 AM.
  #12  
Old 10-26-2018, 09:43 AM
filmore filmore is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
What are you upset about?

Don't you want all that evidence to impeach Kavanaugh?

Swetnick is batshit crazy. She has restraining orders against her and has been sued for making false claims of sexual harassment in the past. It was irresponsible for Avenatti to represent her.
Do you think it's at all possible that Swetnick's current "craziness" is due to previous sexual assaults? It's not unusual for victims of sexual assault to engage in similar kinds of behavior in future relationships. So if she was gang raped as a teen, it's possible that she continues to engage in that behavior because of that initial event. So rather than her "craziness" leading to her being into group sex as a teen, it was the gang rape as a teen which lead to her behavior we see today.

Victims of childhood sexual assault often exhibit many destructive behaviors later in life. For example, just because today someone is a mentally disturbed drug addict doesn't mean that they were always that way. They may have been a totally normal 8 year old up until the point an adult assaulted them. You can't just discount their story of past abuse because today they seem messed up. The abuse may have been what caused them to be messed up.
  #13  
Old 10-26-2018, 10:17 AM
LAZombie LAZombie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmore View Post
Do you think it's at all possible that Swetnick's current "craziness" is due to previous sexual assaults? It's not unusual for victims of sexual assault to engage in similar kinds of behavior in future relationships.
I agree with you which makes Avenatti, Feinstein, her lawyers, the Democrats , and the MSM all the more despicable.

I believe Ford and Swetnick are tragic figures that have been exploited. These two women have psychological problems and became fixated on a public figure that they have some sort of tenuous connection to. This is extremely common. I have two family members who are minor celebrities and people desperately want to connect them just because they saw them on television. Avenatti, Feinstein, her lawyers, the Democrats , and the MSM know this first hand as I'm sure they have people wanting connect with them.
  #14  
Old 10-26-2018, 10:31 AM
iiandyiiii's Avatar
iiandyiiii iiandyiiii is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 31,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
I agree with you which makes Avenatti, Feinstein, her lawyers, the Democrats , and the MSM all the more despicable.

I believe Ford and Swetnick are tragic figures that have been exploited. These two women have psychological problems and became fixated on a public figure that they have some sort of tenuous connection to. This is extremely common. I have two family members who are minor celebrities and people desperately want to connect them just because they saw them on television. Avenatti, Feinstein, her lawyers, the Democrats , and the MSM know this first hand as I'm sure they have people wanting connect with them.
...or maybe one or both of them are telling the truth about their experiences.
  #15  
Old 10-26-2018, 10:36 AM
Vinyl Turnip Vinyl Turnip is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 19,701
Did you not hear the man? He's related to two minor celebrities!
  #16  
Old 10-26-2018, 11:07 AM
Sinaptics Sinaptics is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
The FBI should be investing Cory Booker for sodomizing that Gay guy.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/senator...lt-by-gay-man/
As a Democrat, I have no problems with credible allegations being investigated regardless of the political party of the offender. The lawyer claims to have (at least some) evidence. The whole claim seems a bit outlandish to me in the abstract. Who goes up to what amounts to a stranger in a bathroom and thinks that they'll be okay with you assaulting them? Especially a homosexual encounter. There are all kinds of ways that could go badly.

ETA: The article doesn't specify a location, but if in NJ, there is no statute of limitations on sexual assault. He can go to the police at any time to force an investigation.

Last edited by Sinaptics; 10-26-2018 at 11:08 AM.
  #17  
Old 10-26-2018, 12:04 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 23,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
I believe Ford and Swetnick are tragic figures that have been exploited.
Ah, "belief": where evidence and logic aren't required.

Fuck your "beliefs".
  #18  
Old 10-26-2018, 12:29 PM
Stranger On A Train Stranger On A Train is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Manor Farm
Posts: 18,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Did you not hear the man? He's related to two minor celebrities!
He is not a man. He is not even the re-animated corpse of a man. LAZombie is clearly a subhuman bridge dweller who is trying to pass as fact an anonymous allegation published on an alt-right site of what is unambiguously felony sexual assault and false imprisonment from only four years ago complete with purported "precise date, location, some corroborating photographic evidence and two possible hearsay witnesses that I had told my story to subsequent to the incident," and yet has not made a criminal complaint despite the fact that the act is still likely within the the statute of limitations in any state in the nation (certainly the false imprisonment or unlawful restraint aspect, anyway) while labeling the allegations of two of Kavanaugh's accusers--neither of whose stories has received a thorough investigation thanks to Chuck Grassley and Mitch McConnell pushing Kavanaugh's confirmation through the Senate as fast as possible while condemning any effort to actually vet his qualifications and temperament--as "two women [who] have psychological problems and [have] became fixated on a public figure that they have some sort of tenuous connection to."

Stranger
  #19  
Old 10-26-2018, 03:57 PM
LAZombie LAZombie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 142
Swetnick's Democrat former boyfriend Dennis Ketterer wrote:

"During a conversation about our sexual preferences, things got derailed when Julie told me that she liked to have sex with more than one guy at a time. In fact sometimes with several at one time. She wanted to know if that would be ok in our relationship.

I asked her if this was just a fantasy of hers. She responded that she first tried sex with multiple guys while in high school and still liked it from time-to-time. She brought it up because she wanted to know if I would be interested in that."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...r-allegations/
  #20  
Old 10-26-2018, 04:18 PM
Lemur866's Avatar
Lemur866 Lemur866 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The Middle of Puget Sound
Posts: 22,194
So you're really going with "Democratic operatives hypnotized these women into accusing Kavanaugh"?

Really?

Really?
  #21  
Old 10-26-2018, 04:43 PM
Stranger On A Train Stranger On A Train is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Manor Farm
Posts: 18,769
If Breitbart reported it...it must be troll-food.

Stranger
  #22  
Old 10-26-2018, 05:21 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 23,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
Swetnick's Democrat former boyfriend Dennis Ketterer wrote:
Why do you think his political affiliation is relevant information?

And really: slut shaming?

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 10-26-2018 at 05:23 PM.
  #23  
Old 10-26-2018, 06:09 PM
Guinastasia's Avatar
Guinastasia Guinastasia is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 51,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
Ah Breitbart. Now THERE'S a reliable source!
  #24  
Old 10-26-2018, 07:59 PM
Wesley Clark Wesley Clark is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 20,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
I agree with you which makes Avenatti, Feinstein, her lawyers, the Democrats , and the MSM all the more despicable.

I believe Ford and Swetnick are tragic figures that have been exploited. These two women have psychological problems and became fixated on a public figure that they have some sort of tenuous connection to. This is extremely common. I have two family members who are minor celebrities and people desperately want to connect them just because they saw them on television. Avenatti, Feinstein, her lawyers, the Democrats , and the MSM know this first hand as I'm sure they have people wanting connect with them.
I'm sure you would feel the exact same way if a democrat were accused of a sex crime. Were anthony weiner's accusers all just trying to gain attention?

Also why did this only happen with Kavanaugh? There are lots and lots of celebrities. How come nobody accused mitt Romney of rape? Why wasn't Neil Gorsuch accused of rape?

Please answer all these questions.
  #25  
Old 10-26-2018, 11:13 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 15,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
Swetnick's Democrat former boyfriend Dennis Ketterer wrote:

"During a conversation about our sexual preferences, things got derailed when Julie told me that she liked to have sex with more than one guy at a time. In fact sometimes with several at one time. She wanted to know if that would be ok in our relationship.

I asked her if this was just a fantasy of hers. She responded that she first tried sex with multiple guys while in high school and still liked it from time-to-time. She brought it up because she wanted to know if I would be interested in that."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...r-allegations/
Does that mean she's fair game for nonconsensual sexual assault?
  #26  
Old 10-27-2018, 12:47 AM
Der Trihs's Avatar
Der Trihs Der Trihs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
What are you upset about?
Because the goal of this is to intimidate women into silence so they can be raped with impunity. Just as part of the point of putting Kavanaugh on the court was to rub it in the collective faces of American women that the nation is run by rapists.

The Republican party is the pro-rape party, their supporters rapists and rape supporters.
  #27  
Old 10-27-2018, 10:24 AM
LAZombie LAZombie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Does that mean she's fair game for nonconsensual sexual assault?
Absolutely not.

However, some sexual behavior is indicative of mental illness. Group sex and rape fantasies are likely manifestations of an unhealthy mind. Swetnick has a restraining order against her for stalking a former boyfriend and has been engaged in other sexual misconduct.

"Allegations laid out against her in the lawsuit include engaging in unwelcome sexually offensive conduct and making false and retaliatory allegations that other co-workers had engaged in inappropriate conduct toward her." My bold.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kav...h-firm-reports
  #28  
Old 10-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Ionizer Ionizer is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
Absolutely not.

However, some sexual behavior is indicative of mental illness. Group sex and rape fantasies are likely manifestations of an unhealthy mind. Swetnick has a restraining order against her for stalking a former boyfriend and has been engaged in other sexual misconduct.
Do you feel that having an attitude of "Just grab 'em by their pussy", and most likely doing such physically indicates a mental illness? How about insisting on viewing underage girls and youngish beauty pageant contestants in a state of undress? And if so, how much would that cloud a person's judgment and ability to recall past actions?
  #29  
Old 10-27-2018, 10:48 AM
filmore filmore is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
However, some sexual behavior is indicative of mental illness. Group sex and rape fantasies are likely manifestations of an unhealthy mind. Swetnick has a restraining order against her for stalking a former boyfriend and has been engaged in other sexual misconduct.

"Allegations laid out against her in the lawsuit include engaging in unwelcome sexually offensive conduct and making false and retaliatory allegations that other co-workers had engaged in inappropriate conduct toward her." My bold.
From what I can tell, you're 100% in support of investigating if Swetnick made false claims, but 0% in support of investigating if Kavanaugh made false claims. Why the difference? Why do you 100% believe Kavanaugh and 0% believe Swetnick? Many other people said Kavanaugh drank heavily when he was younger, which can impair his ability to form memories of events at that time.

Last edited by filmore; 10-27-2018 at 10:49 AM.
  #30  
Old 10-27-2018, 11:53 AM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 23,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
However, some sexual behavior is indicative of mental illness. Group sex and rape fantasies are likely manifestations of an unhealthy mind.
Cite?

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 10-27-2018 at 11:54 AM.
  #31  
Old 10-27-2018, 12:10 PM
Tom Tildrum Tom Tildrum is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Falls Church, Va.
Posts: 13,940
There's been a supplemental referral, because now one of Avenatti's own witnesses is accusing him of defrauding Congress. NBC interviewed one of the women who executed one of the sworn declarations submitted to the Judiciary Committee by Avenatti in support of Swetnick's account, and she disavowed the statement. Contradicting what was in the declaration, she told NBC that she never saw Kavanagh spike punch or behave abusively toward girls. Confronted by NBC with her disavowal, NBC recounts that Avenatti blustered and then arguably faked a text from the witness.

Interestingly, NBC did these interviews between Sep. 30 and Oct. 3, well before the confirmation vote, but it didn't report on them until this week. In other words, it looks like they were willing to withhold this information as long as stopping Kavanagh remained a possibility, but now that that's over, they're cutting Avenstti loose and giving Grassley another sick to hit him with.
  #32  
Old 10-27-2018, 12:14 PM
LAZombie LAZombie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 142
"Such indiscriminating or sometimes even random sexual behaviors can be commonly seen in various mental disorders such as psychosis, manic episodes, substance abuse and dependence, dissociative identity disorder, as well as borderline, narcissistic and antisocial personalities, and can, in fact, often be partially diagnostic of such pathological conditions."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...al-promiscuity
  #33  
Old 10-27-2018, 12:30 PM
LAZombie LAZombie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tildrum View Post
Because a lot of liberals refuse to look at evidence, I thought I should quote from your cite.

"Referring to Kavanaugh spiking the punch, "I didn't ever think it was Brett," the woman said to reporters in a phone interview arranged by Avenatti on Sept. 30 after repeated requests to speak with other witnesses who might corroborate Swetnick's claims. As soon as the call began, the woman said she never met Swetnick in high school and never saw her at parties and had only become friends with her when they were both in their 30s.

When asked in the phone interview if she ever witnessed Kavanaugh act inappropriately towards girls, the woman replied, "no." She did describe a culture of heavy drinking in high school that she took part in, and said Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge were part of that group." My bold.
  #34  
Old 10-27-2018, 12:40 PM
iiandyiiii's Avatar
iiandyiiii iiandyiiii is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 31,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
Because a lot of liberals refuse to look at evidence, I thought I should quote from your cite.

"Referring to Kavanaugh spiking the punch, "I didn't ever think it was Brett," the woman said to reporters in a phone interview arranged by Avenatti on Sept. 30 after repeated requests to speak with other witnesses who might corroborate Swetnick's claims. As soon as the call began, the woman said she never met Swetnick in high school and never saw her at parties and had only become friends with her when they were both in their 30s.

When asked in the phone interview if she ever witnessed Kavanaugh act inappropriately towards girls, the woman replied, "no." She did describe a culture of heavy drinking in high school that she took part in, and said Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge were part of that group." My bold.
So you're saying that her words conflict with Kavanaugh's about drinking, and Kavanaugh should be investigated for potentially lying under oath? Good for you! Way to hold your own side responsible. That's the way to make a better country!

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 10-27-2018 at 12:40 PM.
  #35  
Old 10-27-2018, 02:38 PM
Wesley Clark Wesley Clark is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 20,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
Because the goal of this is to intimidate women into silence so they can be raped with impunity. Just as part of the point of putting Kavanaugh on the court was to rub it in the collective faces of American women that the nation is run by rapists.

The Republican party is the pro-rape party, their supporters rapists and rape supporters.
Yes exactly. The goal is to terrorize anyone who would speak out against right wingers, that includes people who are victims of crimes they commit.

There is no moral middle ground anymore. There is no 'both sides are equally bad' bullshit either.
  #36  
Old 10-27-2018, 02:42 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 23,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
"Such indiscriminating or sometimes even random sexual behaviors can be commonly seen in various mental disorders such as psychosis, manic episodes, substance abuse and dependence, dissociative identity disorder, as well as borderline, narcissistic and antisocial personalities, and can, in fact, often be partially diagnostic of such pathological conditions."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...al-promiscuity
Sorry, one opinion piece that offers up a "guess" at other's motivations without ever knowing or speaking to them, without any cites of studies or research, isn't enough for me and so I proclaim your assertion "full of shit" and utterly without merit.

I mean, would you accept one un-cited op/ed piece from me that shows you're wrong? If so, I'm sure I can find one.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 10-27-2018 at 02:44 PM.
  #37  
Old 11-03-2018, 03:51 PM
LAZombie LAZombie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 142
Someone should start a gofundme for Judy Munro-Leighton. Ha! Ha! Another leftist loon who should go to jail.

'I was angry and I sent it': Another Kavanaugh accuser referred to FBI after recanting"

"Grassley, in a letter to the Department of Justice and FBI, said a woman by the name of Judy Munro-Leighton took responsibility for authoring an anonymous letter that made allegations that Kavanaugh and a friend raped her. After she was tracked down and interviewed by Senate investigators, the woman recanted and said she was not, in fact. the author and had never met Kavanaugh. "


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/1863210002/
  #38  
Old 11-03-2018, 09:00 PM
HelenTroy's Avatar
HelenTroy HelenTroy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post

However, some sexual behavior is indicative of mental illness. Group sex and rape fantasies are likely manifestations of an unhealthy mind.
*Blinks and then blinks again.*

I'm going to have to tell the pulp romance novel community (dating back to at least 1970) that they all have unhealthy minds. Harlequin and Silhouette will be quite upset by this.
  #39  
Old 11-03-2018, 09:02 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 23,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
Someone should start a gofundme for Judy Munro-Leighton. Ha! Ha! Another leftist loon who should go to jail.

'I was angry and I sent it': Another Kavanaugh accuser referred to FBI after recanting"

"Grassley, in a letter to the Department of Justice and FBI, said a woman by the name of Judy Munro-Leighton took responsibility for authoring an anonymous letter that made allegations that Kavanaugh and a friend raped her. After she was tracked down and interviewed by Senate investigators, the woman recanted and said she was not, in fact. the author and had never met Kavanaugh. "


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/1863210002/
This story doesn't even make sense, does it?
  #40  
Old 11-03-2018, 09:03 PM
HelenTroy's Avatar
HelenTroy HelenTroy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Sorry, one opinion piece that offers up a "guess" at other's motivations without ever knowing or speaking to them, without any cites of studies or research, isn't enough for me and so I proclaim your assertion "full of shit" and utterly without merit.

I mean, would you accept one un-cited op/ed piece from me that shows you're wrong? If so, I'm sure I can find one.
Also, he conflates fantasy in his actual comment and behavior, which is what the article is about. Please look at his original comment. The cite does NOT back it up and Psychology Today? Really?
  #41  
Old 11-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Measure for Measure's Avatar
Measure for Measure Measure for Measure is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Twitter: @MeasureMeasure
Posts: 13,883
Trump tweeted about that letter.

To review, Jane Doe wrote an anonymous handwritten letter from Oceanside California. Judy Munro-Leighton of Kentucky took credit for it an email. Big mistake. Investigators investigated and the story fell apart. Quickly.

Erm, so what? I had never heard of Munro-Leighton. When early accusations of Kavanaugh came out liberals called for... investigation. Kavanaugh opposed them, while Grassley settled for a white wash, with the investigators restricted in umpteen different ways, and I'm not just referring to time limits. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...gh-trump-tweet

I thank LAZombie for vindicating the liberal position: criminal accusations should be investigated, especially when they are made about a prospective judge of the highest court in the land.
  #42  
Old 11-03-2018, 11:49 PM
LAZombie LAZombie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Measure for Measure View Post

I thank LAZombie for vindicating the liberal position: criminal accusations should be investigated, especially when they are made about a prospective judge of the highest court in the land.
There's nothing stopping Christine Ford from continuing to build her case against Kavanaugh is there? Don't you need more evidence to impeach him? Or are baseless accusations enough for Democrats?

How about figuring out who that 4th male was at the party? Why hasn't he come forward?
How about figuring out where and when the party took place?
How about figuring how she got home? What was her regular mode of transportation to the country club?
What song was playing when she was assaulted?
How about providing her medical records?
Leland Keyser should be considered a hostile witness or perhaps she can't back up Ford's story because she was on family vacation for most of the summer of 82?
Why haven't Ford's parents and brother spoken up?
Why were her yearbooks scrubbed from the Internet?
Why do we know so little about Chris "Squi" Garrett and his connection to this accusation?

Last edited by LAZombie; 11-03-2018 at 11:50 PM.
  #43  
Old 11-04-2018, 10:50 AM
Lance Turbo Lance Turbo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 3,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
Why were her yearbooks scrubbed from the Internet?
This sounds like the kind of thing a crazy person would say. Are you a crazy person?
  #44  
Old 11-04-2018, 12:00 PM
Miller's Avatar
Miller Miller is online now
Sith Mod
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bear Flag Republic
Posts: 43,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
There's nothing stopping Christine Ford from continuing to build her case against Kavanaugh is there?
Other than the constant barrage of death threats from conservatives that have driven her from her home?

No, nothing at all.
  #45  
Old 11-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Rushgeekgirl Rushgeekgirl is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Memphis
Posts: 5,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
"Such indiscriminating or sometimes even random sexual behaviors can be commonly seen in various mental disorders such as psychosis, manic episodes, substance abuse and dependence, dissociative identity disorder, as well as borderline, narcissistic and antisocial personalities, and can, in fact, often be partially diagnostic of such pathological conditions."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...al-promiscuity
Did you even read this? Because it doesn't support your opinion at all. You copied a brief blurb but you missed the entire point, or you're deliberately deceptive if you did read it. Another blurb, further down:

"Having said that, it is easy for men to be accused of imposing a double standard when it comes to female sexuality: It's fine for men to be sexually promiscuous. Even indiscriminate. Such sexual activity is often culturally encouraged and admired. But when women openly and aggressively express their sexuality like men, we tend to view them as mentally ill, promiscuous, sinful or evil vixens."
  #46  
Old 11-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Rushgeekgirl Rushgeekgirl is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Memphis
Posts: 5,963
Seriously? What song was playing when she was sexually assaulted? What in the hell is wrong with you?
  #47  
Old 11-04-2018, 01:10 PM
k9bfriender k9bfriender is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushgeekgirl View Post
Seriously? What song was playing when she was sexually assaulted? What in the hell is wrong with you?
Some rape fantasies you just want to make sure you get all the details right.
  #48  
Old 11-04-2018, 01:38 PM
LAZombie LAZombie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushgeekgirl View Post
Seriously? What song was playing when she was sexually assaulted? What in the hell is wrong with you?
Wouldn't recalling the song help Ford remember other details? Do I have do the thinking for both side of the issue?
  #49  
Old 11-04-2018, 01:44 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 35,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
Wouldn't recalling the song help Ford remember other details? Do I have do the thinking for both side of the issue?
So far, you haven't done any thinking, period.
  #50  
Old 11-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 23,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Measure for Measure View Post
I thank LAZombie for vindicating the liberal position: criminal accusations should be investigated, especially when they are made about a prospective judge of the highest court in the land.
Except he didn't mean that.

I like how he tries to characterize this lady as a "rape accuser" when at best she's a "rape accuser identity thief", a position so rare and precarious in our society that clearly that is the story.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017