Old 01-26-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
Word Problem

Johnny likes to walk around his neighbourhood and a small natural park, a distance of two-thirds of a mile. Today Johnny walked six laps around his route in one hour and twenty minutes. How far did Johnny walk? What was his average speed?
By my calculations, Johnny would have walked 2 miles at 1.5mph.

Took Nelson to the dog park. There was no one on the little dog side, so we hung out with the big puppers. There were two Australian shepherds and a young lab mix. The lab mix scared him a bit, as she resembled the one that jumped him a while back. It was chilly enough that nobody stayed long.

Swung through the cheap Chinese on the way home for some house special soup and crab Rangoon. I think I'll go to the other cheap Chinese for the soup next time, as this was mostly broth.

Last edited by missred; 01-26-2020 at 07:29 PM. Reason: ETA: top of the page! neener, neener, neener!
Old 01-26-2020, 07:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
By my calculations, Johnny would have walked 2 miles at 1.5mph.
Calculate again.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:25 PM

flyboy, 4 miles at 3mph.

Cookie, I know what you mean about certain foods you're just unable to resist. I've been trying for 50 years to find someone who could make a meatloaf like my mom did (old German family recipe that I tragically lost 20 years ago after she had passed on) and haven't succeeded yet, because I could eat that until I was sick...so good.

Fettuchini has been deposited in the proper receptacle, and am currently taking a break from reading on-line (1634: The Baltic War, part of an alternative history series I'm fond of) is taking place. Repairs to the drywall from old termite damage and the start of the re-flooring should begin tomorrow, hopefully there will be no other surprises like there was last week and Saturday. But the one law I do believe in is Murphy's, so we'll see.

Catch y'all on the next MMP.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
flyboy, 4 miles at 3mph.

Cookie, I know what you mean about certain foods you're just unable to resist. I've been trying for 50 years to find someone who could make a meatloaf like my mom did (old German family recipe that I tragically lost 20 years ago after she had passed on) and haven't succeeded yet, because I could eat that until I was sick...so good.

Fettuchini has been deposited in the proper receptacle, and am currently taking a break from reading on-line (1634: The Baltic War, part of an alternative history series I'm fond of) is taking place. Repairs to the drywall from old termite damage and the start of the re-flooring should begin tomorrow, hopefully there will be no other surprises like there was last week and Saturday. But the one law I do believe in is Murphy's, so we'll see.

Catch y'all on the next MMP.
Did your mother's recipe have oatmeal and tomato sauce in it? I have my mother's recipe, but I'm not sure if she brought it from her hillbilly family or if it was given to her by my father's mother (German/Polish cooking).
Old 01-26-2020, 09:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
flyboy, 4 miles at 3mph.
*ding! ding! ding! ding! ding!*
Old 01-26-2020, 11:50 PM

Well, I got the 4 miles right, anyhow.

Found another part of the form I'd missed: list all the eye docs I've seen. I only listed the 16 I can recall. I didn't remember first names so had to look most of those up. I now have a headache.

I would pay someone to pack for me. Actually, I'd pay someone to go to the full day of eye tests for me.

On a happier note, it's Sunday, so both my kids called. Always a day-brightener!
Old 01-27-2020, 04:18 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
flyboy, 4 miles at 3mph.
Seconded before I head to the new one.