Old 10-17-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
OK, how's this: this story sounds exactly like one would expect the story to sound. Were you expecting: "Mueller to send details of entire investigation to the New York Times just before mid-terms"? That would not be By-The-Book, which is exactly how Mueller does everything.
I know. Sigh.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Mueller to present key findings related to Russia probe after midterms: report
Okay, folks. I need someone to talk me down from the ledge. I'm starting to think the Mueller investigation is going to end with a great big whimper instead of a bang. Please tell me this whole year's worth of work won't turn out to be a nothingburger.
Also keep in mind that I believe almost all of the other "Mueller investigation insider info" actually was leaked by Trump, Gulliani and their cadre of crazies, so there's a very high probability this is too.

How many times has a lawyer of Trump's predicted the investigation was going to end soon?

Until the leak is sourced to someone on Mueller's team (or Rosenstein) I'm gonna go with "disinformation campaign".
Old 10-17-2018, 12:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Please tell me this whole year's worth of work won't turn out to be a nothingburger.
We were warned about this kind of stuff centuries ago.

"An impeccably logical argument can lead to a false conclusion." Zeno of Eleo, 490-430 BC
Old 10-17-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenJammin View Post
We were warned about this kind of stuff centuries ago.

"An impeccably logical argument can lead to a false conclusion." Zeno of Eleo, 490-430 BC
We were warned that it would be a nothingburger entirely by people who were extremely vested in the outcome being a nothingburger.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
We were warned that it would be a nothingburger entirely by people who were extremely vested in the outcome being a nothingburger.
Yet people ignore. At least this one will fall of the SD subs list soon...
Old 10-17-2018, 12:13 PM
BANNED

I'd just like to thank all the participants in thread for their enthusiastic demonstration of willful ignorance.

You know who you are.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I'd just like to thank all the participants in thread for their enthusiastic demonstration of willful ignorance.

You know who you are.
It seems a bit premature to be declaring victory.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:

You know who you are.
Fuck off, you delusional twit.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Mueller to present key findings related to Russia probe after midterms: report
Okay, folks. I need someone to talk me down from the ledge. I'm starting to think the Mueller investigation is going to end with a great big whimper instead of a bang. Please tell me this whole year's worth of work won't turn out to be a nothingburger.

Or, as my first husband used to say, a "nickelburger"-- no meat, no bun, just mustard.
Boy, I wish you hadn't said that, Thelma Lou. ISTR that the last time you wanted someone to talk you down from a ledge, it was just before the 2016 election. And of course your (and mine) big fear came true.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

You know who you are.
How's the jammin' going? Fully impacted yet?
Old 10-17-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny Middon View Post
Boy, I wish you hadn't said that, Thelma Lou. ISTR that the last time you wanted someone to talk you down from a ledge, it was just before the 2016 election. And of course your (and mine) big fear came true.
I know. I'm sorry.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celidin View Post
Also keep in mind that I believe almost all of the other "Mueller investigation insider info" actually was leaked by Trump, Gulliani and their cadre of crazies, so there's a very high probability this is too.
How many times has a lawyer of Trump's predicted the investigation was going to end soon?

Until the leak is sourced to someone on Mueller's team (or Rosenstein) I'm gonna go with "disinformation campaign".
Yes. This 'revelation of Mueller's plan' is almost certainly invented by the right. It's a tactic intended to cause reactions such as that ThelmaLou has described.

In reality, we're going to see a lot more indictments and guilty pleas by those involved, before any 'final presentation' of Mueller's findings to Mr. Rosenstein (or more likely, to whoever replaces Jeff Sessions--a new A.G. who won't be recused). Rosenstein-or-Sessions'Successor might be minded to deep-six Mueller's report. But that would come after a lot more actions (which might include Roger Stone or even Trump relations being indicted). Keeping the report secret will be a lot harder under those circumstances.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Yes. This 'revelation of Mueller's plan' is almost certainly invented by the right. It's a tactic intended to cause reactions such as that ThelmaLou has described.

In reality, we're going to see a lot more indictments and guilty pleas by those involved, before any 'final presentation' of Mueller's findings to Mr. Rosenstein (or more likely, to whoever replaces Jeff Sessions--a new A.G. who won't be recused). Rosenstein-or-Sessions'Successor might be minded to deep-six Mueller's report. But that would come after a lot more actions (which might include Roger Stone or even Trump relations being indicted). Keeping the report secret will be a lot harder under those circumstances.
Thank you for that. I feel better.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celidin View Post

I'd guess this.

They might be figuring that the threat of Mueller will help to mobilize the base to get out and protect them? Not sure.

Granted, I don't think most of the previous similar claims came from Bloomberg, so there's the chance that they have better sources.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Thank you for that. I feel better.
Just look at the massive reaction to the killing of the Saudi journalist--when clearly the Saudi government assumed it would be no big deal, or at least that reaction would die down in a few days. And Trump's attempts to make it no big deal are, so far, failing.

Look, also, at the lines for early-voting stations in Georgia. We're going to be seeing more of that in coming days and weeks. (And though some of those voters may be Trump supporters, many are not.) People are riled up. And the more indictments that come down from the Mueller investigation, the more riled up people get.

If the Mueller report were to be presented and then immediately suppressed by the Trump Administration, there would be an even more massive reaction, and it would go on and on. And someone would leak the report.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:26 AM

Quote:

You know who you are.
Meanwhile, several senior members of Trump's campaign team and personal circle are now convicted felons, and investigation continues. Are you wilfully ignoring that?
Old 10-18-2018, 12:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
How's the jammin' going? Fully impacted yet?
Gawd, I LOVE this guy!
Old 10-19-2018, 01:32 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
Manafort was wheeled into court in Alexandria today in a wheel chair, wearing only 1 shoe. Lawyers say his health is a concern and needs to be moved.

Sentencing set for Feb. 9
https://twitter.com/JuliaEAinsley/st...063219712?s=19
Old 10-19-2018, 01:38 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Was his other foot jammed securely in his mouth?
Old 10-19-2018, 01:47 PM

I wonder if he has bone spurs.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Was you trying to pull a Vincent (Vinny the Chin) Gigante manouver?
Old 10-19-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Wasn't he just two days ago whining about not being allowed to wear a suit in court?
Old 10-19-2018, 02:36 PM

New indictment against Russians:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-re...ce=govdelivery
Old 10-22-2018, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Rat View Post
A new Russian, or a new charge against an already-indicted Russian? There are so many...
Old 10-22-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Rat View Post
Glad to see it, but I just want to point out this one doesn't originate with Mueller's team. Rather, it was filed by the FBI field office in the Eastern District of Virginia. Still, it ties back to "Putin's Chef," one of Mueller's Russians. So pleased if Mueller is spreading the love around.

Also interesting it was filed under seal on September 28th. I wonder why it was unsealed now. Glad it was, as it serves as a warning for people to be mindful of their sources of information as we approach the mid-term election. Maybe that was the point.

The detail is gratifying in that the FBI is able to determine what is happening in such a granular fashion, yet simultaneously depressing to see how deep the Russian penetration into our social media goes. What a fascinating and horrifying read. I wish everyone would take the time to read it.

Thanks for the link, Sage Rat.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Manafort was wheeled into court in Alexandria today in a wheel chair, wearing only 1 shoe. Lawyers say his health is a concern and needs to be moved.

Sentencing set for Feb. 9

https://twitter.com/JuliaEAinsley/st...063219712?s=19
I think it's a phony ploy, but even if it isn't - then tough shit. To hell with him.

Last edited by SteveG1; 10-23-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:12 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
I think it's a phony ploy, but even if it isn't - then tough shit. To hell with him.
I think it was too, but what lawyer thinks a judge is going to fall for that?
Old 10-23-2018, 07:42 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
UltraVires?
Old 10-23-2018, 07:47 PM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Quote:
Manafort, Cohen, pretty much every lawyer that allows themselves to be associated with the worst client in the world. You know the guy.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
UltraVires?
Ok, I howled.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:16 PM

I hope I never hear these words from a lawyer: "Here's the strategy, you're goin in there in a wheelchair, and you're missin a shoe!"
Old 10-23-2018, 08:50 PM
Charter Member

"OK, the Judge gave you the electric chair. That's a kick in the pants, sure!....."
Old 10-24-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
I hope I never hear these words from a lawyer: "Here's the strategy, you're goin in there in a wheelchair, and you're missin a shoe!"
The missing shoe is supposedly because of gout--once known as the Rich Man's Disease.

So, faking gout might not be a great strategy. Manafort already has that "$15,000 jacket" reputation working against him.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:26 PM

Some asshole named Jack Burkmann is apparently going around offering to pay women to make false accusations of workplace sexual harassment against Robert Mueller.

Via The Atlantic:
Quote:
An alleged scheme to pay off women to fabricate sexual assault allegations against Special Counsel Robert Mueller has been referred to the FBI for further investigation, according to a spokesman for the special counsel’s office, Peter Carr. “When we learned last week of allegations that women were offered money to make false claims about the Special Counsel, we immediately referred the matter to the FBI for investigation,” Carr said in a statement on Tuesday.

The special counsel’s attention to this scheme—which was brought to the office by a woman claiming she herself had been offered money to make up sexual harassment claims against Mueller—and its decision to release a rare statement about it to reporters indicates the seriousness with which the office is taking the purported scheme to discredit Mueller in the middle of an ongoing investigation.

The special counsel’s office confirmed that the scheme was brought to its attention by several journalists who were told about it by a woman alleging that she herself had been offered roughly $20,000 by a GOP activist named Jack Burkman “to make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Mueller.”
Old 10-30-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
Some asshole named Jack Burkmann is apparently going around offering to pay women to make false accusations of workplace sexual harassment against Robert Mueller.

Via The Atlantic:
Totally something you would do if you thought that Mueller would come up empty.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Via The Atlantic:
This is something Democrats do.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
Cite?
Old 10-30-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:

Via The Atlantic:
I wonder if this is a loony right wing plan considering they were talking about breaking news yesterday.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
That's just projection! I came here for an argument!
Old 10-30-2018, 01:02 PM

This is a bizarre story. Several reporters received an email from a woman claiming to have been offered money, but apparently no one has actually contacted her directly. Here's a Twitter thread from a reporter who got the email, had a Signal chat with the alleged money handler, and deemed it all a load of crap.

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/st...22850187538434

This is starting to look to me like some odd scheme to discredit the media more than Mueller.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I thought zombies were supposed to EAT other people's brains, not just try to make them rot with a barrage of corrosive bullshit.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Rather, this is something that Republicans say Democrats do.

Once again, falling into the habit of projection.

Most of the time when Republicans accuse Democrats of dirty tricks, it is because that is what they would do under those circumstances, and they assume that the Democrats have the same lack of scruples that they do.

It is likely that whoever was trying to fabricate evidence against Mueller did so because he believed that the same tactics worked against Kavanaugh. Not realizing that 9 out 10 times trying to bribe someone to do your dirty work will blow up in your face, and the only reason this worked for Democrats is that the accusers were actually legit and required no bribing.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
This is a bizarre story. Several reporters received an email from a woman claiming to have been offered money, but apparently no one has actually contacted her directly. Here's a Twitter thread from a reporter who got the email, had a Signal chat with the alleged money handler, and deemed it all a load of crap.

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/st...22850187538434

This is starting to look to me like some odd scheme to discredit the media more than Mueller.
But he also says that it seems that Jack Burkman, the guy the woman claimed was behind the scheme, has gone forward with his claims, and the Special Counsel had to refer the incident to the FBI.

So he's saying he found the woman not to be credible, and had originally intended not to say anything, but then now it seems that Burkman is actually doing what she claimed.

In other words, he is saying there is something going on here with Burkman.

Last edited by BigT; 10-30-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:23 PM

A company called “Surefire Intelligence” has ties to this Mueller smear.

Jacob Wohl denied having ties to Surefire.

Surefire’s official phone number redirects to a voicemail box registered to Jacob's mom.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...gation-n926301
Old 10-30-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandWino View Post

Surefire’s official phone number redirects to a voicemail box registered to Jacob's mom.

Holy shit, that's funny. This is the conspiracy that took precisely 17 minutes to unravel.

Last edited by Fiveyearlurker; 10-30-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandWino View Post

And Jacob left his name in the website registration details

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/s...40080107470848
Old 10-30-2018, 02:40 PM
BANNED

Me Too? How are all these pervs getting so high up in the power structure?
Old 10-30-2018, 02:41 PM

The republicans warned that they would be doing this. I'm not surprised.

I wonder how many times it will blow up in their faces before they realize that bribing women to put their lives and reputations on the line in order to perjure themselves isn't as easy as it looks.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
Holy shit, that's funny. This is the conspiracy that took precisely 17 minutes to unravel.
No kidding.

Right Wing Bat Shit Cult of Perpetual Grievance: "Oh, my god!! We've got the goods on Mueller that will finally bring him down!!!"

Mueller: <swat> "Let me get back to work."
Old 10-30-2018, 02:43 PM

Who are Jacob and David Wohl?