Old 10-19-2019, 05:24 PM

We both napped For three hours. Man I do love a good daytime nap.

We are getting take in food tonight from the good place cause no one could be bothered to cook. Still tahred.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:36 PM
born to be shunned

Back from the church basement to miss by one. Darn this immortal soul thingy!

On the good side I just called that we won several door prizes so we'll go claim our doors tomorrow morning before church.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:39 PM

Finally getting something done, sorting papers.
And irking.

I got Echo's AKC papers, now I need an official name. Even though she will be spayed and the papers don't mean anything, the AKC Reunite Plan is worth it.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Beast stew, baby cornbread muffins, and chawklit cake have been consumed. YUM! Looks like the rain is at least slowin' down. Been a pretty steady rain all day which is a good and much needed thing. Now for more chillage and maybe even an early bedtime.

Nitey Nite Y'all!
Old 10-19-2019, 08:12 PM

butters, colomorbus is simply sliced cucumbers and onions in vinegar water. You can throw a chunked tomato and/or bell pepper if you like, but the salad is still the same. My guess is that the name is either German or Polish, since I do it like that side of the family.

I re-scanned my OtA channels on TV because of the change and wound up with the local NBC and PBS affiliates that I've never been able to get over the air since living in the midstate. It totally dropped the Fox stations.

Pizza from Aldi for supper.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:00 PM

Evening all. Out at the soccer fields from 8am-3:30pm (lost all three games, I'm a bad coach I guess...) in 50F weather with rain. So now inside and toasty and not really looking to move much. Tomorrow is supposed to be N.O.S. and mid 70's...go figure.

Sari, Echo's official (fancy) name should be "Miss Special Appearance By"...

...and I entered this before I finished.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 10-19-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:07 PM

...and so to continue...

Sunny, steampunk murder mystery...sounds intriguing!

Butters, Swampy, be nice about Nestor. Old guy was a pretty righteous dude... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestor_(mythology)

All y'all take care. Going to a college soccer game tomorrow along with some of my youth players.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
I got Echo's AKC papers, now I need an official name. Even though she will be spayed and the papers don't mean anything, the AKC Reunite Plan is worth it.
Sari - I had not heard of the AKC Reunite Plan. I must investigate this. Akiko is UKC registered, but AKC will accept her registration too.

Ruble - Congrats on the doors
Old 10-19-2019, 10:20 PM

It's $35 to register Echo with the AKC, but for an extra $15 she can get the reunite plan. Basically when you get a pet micro-chipped you have to pay $10 or $15 a year to keep them in the system. With the reunite plan, I pay $15 and she is in the system for life. If she gets lost or stolen, as soon as she gets scanned, I will be notified.

MetalMouse - I am limited to 23 letters for the name The akc allows 36 letters, but it's in the contract that her name has to be prefixed with the kennel name. I could pay extra to get a longer name, but that isn't going to happen. If she was going to be a show dog it might be worth it.

I get off irk at 11, then it's straight to bed. I am sleepy.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Addams Family, followed by Japanese food (and beer).
Old 10-19-2019, 11:46 PM
Charter Member

Worked a double, came home. Today is my Firday. Gordie's leash came off his collar this morning. He looked worried ,till I re attached it. Guess he was worried that The Invisible Mole People would drag me under if we weren't attached.

sunny, hope the murder mystery was fun. "Colonel Mustard, in the nuclear Zeppelin, with a steam powered torque wrench"

sari, the only papers I get with my dogs are "All sales final, not responsible for metal aberrations."

Flyboy, just don't have too much Japanese beer, or you'll be Lurching to the MG.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:47 AM
Charter Member

Second 6# of apples converted into sauce.

Bent the cheap apple corer.

Jungle contacted for two different, beefer looking ones.

Still have a tonne of apples...
Old 10-20-2019, 05:34 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 60 Amurrkin out and cloudy (well, dark) with a predicted high of 80 and maybe N.O.S. this afternoon. TWPTB say, A.M. clouds and P.M. sun, so we shall see. The big plan of the day is deheathenization (I am Lay Eucharistic Minister and reader of The Prayers of The People), followed by N.O.L., probably grab some MickeyD's or Booger King, then back to da cave for sloth. Sup shall be leftover beast stew and cornbread. Plus, chawklit cake!

MetalMouse maybe Nestor was an alright name, here anyway, since for the most part it acted kinda old and decrepit whilst around here. Did get some good rain though.

Alien you could make apple pies, apple fritters, apple cider, caramel apples, throw apples at the neighborhood kids while yellin' "get off'n mah lawn ya whippersnappers!", the possibilities are endless!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, at some point, purtification for deheathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Old 10-20-2019, 06:51 AM

Happy Sunday!
It's raining, and 52 degrees outside. I thought TWPTB said today was going to be N.O.S. and in the high 60s. I wanted to hang clothes outside today, that isn't going to happen unless I want them wetter when I bring them in.

I have the first load in the washer anyway.
I'll probably still go to the park. The nice thing about rainy days is that it isn't crowded.
I have time to make up my mind on that.

The only other thing on the agenda, besides laundry, is irk, and the trash needs to go out. Making stuffed peppers is on there too, but I don't know if it will be today or tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:37 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

It's been raining steadily here for some hours, and it's supposed to continue pretty much all day and into the night. I'm still going to Mom's to get the pavers - just gotta take a change of clothes so I don't have to drive home in wet grubbies. Hoping to leave within an hour.

I'm not looking forward to the drive - I don't like driving the truck and adding the rain on top of that - ugh! But I want the pavers and I need to get all the knitted and crocheted stuff up there before their next AARP meeting. So off I'll go.

Happy Sunday!!
Old 10-20-2019, 07:49 AM

Park is on the agenda. Others are going so we aren't the only ones crazy enough to go in the rain.
If people treated their spouses the way we treat our dogs, nobody would ever get divorced.

Have a safe trip FCM, I hate driving in the rain, the beltway will surely be a mess.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:01 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

sari - I can avoid the beltway, taking 301 to Bowie, then over to 97. It takes a little longer, but it'll probably be safer. I'll check traffic on line before I head out. And I need to remember to put the EZPass in the truck. Note to self...

Old 10-20-2019, 09:31 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today. It is raining here, too. "Princess Pretty Paws" has so far refused to go outside.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
sari - I can avoid the beltway, taking 301 to Bowie, then over to 97. It takes a little longer, but it'll probably be safer. I'll check traffic on line before I head out. And I need to remember to put the EZPass in the truck. Note to self...

I meant the Baltimore Beltway.

Home from the park, more people showed up than I thought.
You'd think their little butts would be tired from running around in the rain, but nope, not tired at all. Ripple is agitating the cat.
Going to eat some breakfast, second load is washing, then on to irk.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:49 AM

alien, I made applesauce a couple of weeks ago. I had cored and cut up 8# of apples for the heathen children. There were a couple of pounds leftover when they were through, so I washed them again (germy kid hands in the bag and all), tossed them in the little crockpot and left them on low overnight. The next morning, they were ready for cinnamon and a little stevia before being packaged for the freezer. The next time I make poke roast, I'll get them out.

Have a safe trip Moooooooom!

It spit rain here all day yesterday too. It is doing the same as we speak and should continue to do so for the rest of the day. Everything is beginning to green up that went brown during the drought here, leaves excepted. We didn't get pretty ones this year. I'll be going to Cool Springs early this afternoon for a Marketplace buy. I may take Nelson with me. I need to stop at Tar-jay too for toiletries.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
Flyboy, just don't have too much Japanese beer, or you'll be Lurching to the MG.
We took the Prius. It's 25 miles to town, and Mrs. L.A. doesn't trust the MG that far.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:31 PM

Present. Burgers and fixings later. Tahred. All the time. Been playing with Buddy Boy. Have no motivation. Did unload the dish washer and started a load of laundry. I shall take Buddy to the doggie park later when it cools off a smidge. I feel a nap coming on.

Safe travels Mooommmm,.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:34 PM
Charter Member

Scrambled eggs with medium cheddar, with a side of 2 rashers, and Community Coffee Dark Roast coffee.

I need to go to Cash & Carry today to get another five pounds of bacon.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:40 PM
Charter Member

Made Mexican loaded baked potato for brunch(chorizo, jalapeno, onion, bell pepper, topped with Mexican Crema, cotija cheese, and cilantro). Alex Catt was on the entertainment center, yowling because the TV wasn't on. Somebody is getting a little spoiled.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
Happy Sunday!
It's raining, and 52 degrees outside.

Your getting Nestorsized.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:05 PM
Charter Member

missred, I core (bent the dang corer...) and quarter 6# a whack, add a cup of water and a heaping teaspoon of cinnamon, and stew until the house smells nice. Da Jungle has been contacted for two different, hopefully sturdier apple corers. I don't bother to peal, that is what the food mill is for!
Old 10-20-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vorlon View Post
Your getting Nestorsized.

Yes, we are!

It was supposed to be N.O.S. today.

Got Echo registered.
Now on to the next things on the list.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:58 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post

Ruble - Congrats on the doors
People are strange.

Actually it was a couple gift certificates we will probably use and a bunch of snowman things we probably won't. But we know a person or three to hand them off to.

So far the football game is good; too good. I would rather the Vikes had a bigger lead. But it is keeping my attention.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
People are strange.

Actually it was a couple gift certificates we will probably use and a bunch of snowman things we probably won't. But we know a person or three to hand them off to.

So far the football game is good; too good. I would rather the Vikes had a bigger lead. But it is keeping my attention.
The football game was great!
Old 10-20-2019, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We deheathenated (didn't drop the Chalice, so GO ME!), grabbed MickeyD's to go, came back to da cave and ingested said MickeyD's, and then accomplished nappage. I've been up post nap and futzin' around. I need to drag my neighbor's and my biiiiiiiiiiiiiig trash cans all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow. Perhaps I shall talk OYKW into takin' ours while I go get the neighbors, by enticin' him with a biiiiiiig piece of chawklit cake with ice cream. Should beast stew and cornbread be desired, the nukulator awaits. Oh and I took two steaks outta da freezer to thaw for men's night over to the church house tomorrow night.

Hope everyone has had or is still havin' a good day.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:21 PM

I tried to nap but fell short. Too late now. I must be able to sleep tonight. I made a sammich which is why I couldn’t nap cause I was hungry. Now not hungry enough to cook but shall if the Mr. requests it. Lots of times he will just settle on foraging if I don’t plan to eat.

I already don’t want to go to irk tomorrow. I really should plan a week off while it’s slow. I have the leave to burn anyway. I need to figure out why I am so tahred all the time. Mayhaps I need some vitamins. Or I am just slowing down from old age.

Y’all enjoy the rest of Sunday and we shall meet again in the new MMP.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:36 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Back home - it was a terrible drive in the rain - saw a couple of nasty accidents most likely due to folks driving too fast for conditions. Mom and I loaded the pavers, and I've informed SIL that he'll get to unload them. I also got Mom to trim my hair a bit to give it a bit more layering. The woman who cut it last week did a lousy job.

sari - I cross the Baltimore beltway twice, but don't need to drive it. 301 to 97 to 895 to 95 to 152 and thence to Mom's. When conditions are decent, I'll take 5 to the DC beltway, then the BW parkway to 895, etc, but I wasn't about to do that route today.

So, now what...? I'm beat and FCD is out in the shop. Daughter and SIL left to fetch Roxy. Maybe the knit position.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:08 PM
born to be shunned

The Vikings won and I got to see the entire game.

There is a God and today He loves me!
Old 10-20-2019, 08:00 PM

Swampy I checked out Rectify and I have already watched it. I loved it. One of the best short series ever.

Unbelievable is also a great short series.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 10-20-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:06 PM

Did Buddy like the dog park butters?

alien, I just core and chunk the apples too. Because they're a natural product, I wait to sweeten them once they're cooked. I don't like it too sweet. I put the cinnamon and anything else I want to use with them in then too.

Supper was yum! I decided to fix the colomorbus later this week. I made spare guts wrapped in bacon when I put the green beans and mushrooms to roast. With the meatloaf and a small baked Yukon Gold, I's full!

See y'all tomorrow!
Old 10-20-2019, 09:17 PM
Charter Member

Alex Catt snoozed me after the game, so it's gonna be a late dinner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
alien, I made applesauce a couple of weeks ago. I had cored and cut up 8# of apples for the heathen children. There were a couple of pounds leftover when they were through, so I washed them again (germy kid hands in the bag and all), tossed them in the little crockpot and left them on low overnight. The next morning, they were ready for cinnamon and a little stevia before being packaged for the freezer. The next time I make poke roast, I'll get them out.
I'll have to try that. But I add Jack Daniels instead of stevia.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:59 PM

Evening all. Did a small bit of shopping, went to Logan's Roadhouse for their meatloaf dinner (it's no longer written on the menu but they'll make it for you if you ask-it's still in their computer system) and then went to a College Soccer game (I had invited my players to attend, the total number was...0 (guess 8-11 year olds have better things to do on Sundays...). No nap so I should sleep well tonight.

All y'all take care and I'll see you on the next MMP.

Glad you got back safe FCM. we're supposed to have rain the next two days (today was N.O.S. and in the mid 70's)