Old 10-21-2019, 07:23 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Icing down the MMP

Last week, we were smokin' - this week, let's be cool!

Ice in beverages - yea or nay? How much? What beverages?

I prefer my glass about 1/3 full of ice, and the rest with soda or lemonade or whatever. If I'm just having water, I may go half full of ice, since there's nothing to dilute.

Spousal unit will absolutely fill the glass with ice, then add the soda or tea or whatever, and he'll drink even the diluted stuff that's more water than anything. ick.

What say ye?

And Happy Moanday!!
Old 10-21-2019, 07:33 AM
Charter Member

First! It's good to be juvenile!

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 60 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 84 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Today I shall accomplish cave spiffin'. Tonight is men's night over to the church house, thus steaks are marinatin' and beer is chillin'. I prefer ice in my drinks, except coffee, unless it's iced coffee which I do occasionally enjoy. I fill the glass about half full with ice. OYKW fills his glass up with ice but we don't let that difference get in the way of our love for each other.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Moanday Y'all!

Last edited by swampbear; 10-21-2019 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:52 AM

Second only to da Bear! Yesterday was a perfect fall day. Sunny and 64. Today? Rain and thunder. And the dentist at 2pm for cleaning and check up.

Ice. I don’t like ice in water, but the water has to be cold. The only other cold beverage I drink is low sugar Gatorade and I like about 3 cubes. I also drink a glass of skim milk every day. Cold and no ice. Water and Gatorade must be drunk from a Tervis tumbler. Milk must be in a glass glass.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:19 AM

Minimal amount of ice in my drinks, with the evident exception of slushies.

The spellchecker doesn't like slushies. More for me!
Old 10-21-2019, 08:28 AM

Morning all. Since I was up and about on my usual day of rest after soccer (Sunday), I expect today to be one of sloth. Helps that the forecast is almost certain rain this afternoon so I've already called off soccer practice.

I must be part British, I like my drinks without ice at home and when I'm given the chance when eating out to 'pour my own' I usually don't put ice in the cup. I do on occasion put ice in a glass and pour in the Pepsi, but then after a bit I scoop it out and drink the colder, slightly diluted product.

Temperature is due to be in the 70's this week with 40's-50's at night. Need to drop off some laundry and the Dry Cleaners but that is the major activity for the day.

All y'all have a good week now.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
First!
I coulda contended for that...'cept I left my phone at home. I guess that means I'm nobody.

India was quite a rough trip because we were warned not to drink the water, & you know what is a key ingredient in ice, right? (Mebbe I shoulda taken some of the dehydrated kind with me.)

Saturday was a good, but long day. The only thing i didn't do was get pics of the B-17 flying but it wasn't as they were doing maintenance on it. Sat night was an open bar, she was filling the glasses with ice & then giving healthy pours. I was good as I was both tired & wanted to get up for sunrise on (how appropriate) Sunday so I only had two. The water was flat & there were some fishermen out; little fish beget bigger fish who beget mammals. yup, there was a dolphin getting breakfast, couldn't see him eating but did watch him breach the surface a number of times. I've never seen a town close off the beach in the winter time. At the boardwalk, there are paths over the dunes every block, there are also little toll booths there to ensure you buy a beach badge. There was a metal French barricade screwed in in front of the booth & snow fence behind it. Snow fence is really not climbable as it isn't sturdy enough to support weight. Was able to get on the beach before the boardwalk began at one of the places that municipal vehicles can access it.

In general, I like ice in my drinks, 'cept if I'm sippin' alkeyhaul as the melting ice dilutes it. (That's why the vodka, & Jaegermeister, stay in the freezer - cold with no need for diluting ice.)
Old 10-21-2019, 09:18 AM

I wash water bottles, fill them 3/4 with my choice of bottled water (Primo), and freeze them for 2 days. I take them to work so I have good-tasting water that stays cold all day.
If I eat at a restaurant, unsweetened iced tea with much ice, or water with lemon, mostly ice.
Neither wine nor Strongbow require ice.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:22 AM

No ice for me, except in a pina colada. I like my water cool, but room temp is okay. I like my milk cold, but keep it in the fridge. I like coffee and tea warm -- I typically have to let them cool for a while before I can drink them, although if I add enough cold cream to the coffee I can drink it right away.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

missred[from last week] The bag of #2 apples I got were honeycrisp--they don't NEED any sweetener!

Other batches will be Gala and I'll toss in some Fuji to make them sweeter.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:06 AM

Happy Moonday!

It's cloudy and a cool 54 degrees outside. The park was nice although a bit muddy.
It's supposed to be N.O.S. later today, so I'm going to try to hang the sheets outside. If not, they can go in the dryer.

I don't use ice, I don't even have any. Anybody who comes to see me knows to bring their own drinks, because all I have in the house is water. I try to remember to find the ice cube tray and at least make some ice for them. I seldom drink cold drinks, I like them room temperature, unless I'm drinking hot tea.

Agenda for today includes irk, and finish laundry, and making stuffed peppers. I have to remember to give the pups their heart worm and flea pills.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:10 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticKnot View Post
Neither wine nor Strongbow require ice.
I know this will make people cringe or worse, but I put ice in my wine on the rare occasions I drink it.

Back from a quick grocery run. RoxStar has had her 'nana (that kid loves blueberries and bananas) and in another hour hour or so, she'll have some lunch, then a nap. When she's sleeping, I plan to build a meatloaf for a future meal.

Tonight's supper will be chickie - not sure yet if I'll rotiss it or roast it, but for now it's thawing in a big bowl of water. Sides will be chosen later.

Meanwhile, it's dreary and overcast and cool outside - so we probably won't be going to the playground.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:41 AM
Charter Member

My boss is retiring next year. I need to learn the Data Management Supervisor position. I'm going over a contract that one company is having an issue with. After some back-and-forth with the Big Credit Reporting Agency, my boss told the company that they'd have to talk to BCRA's legal department directly. This morning I wrote a novel to my boss, asking if I understand the situation correctly.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:46 AM

Have not read but will. Happy Moanday! My irk computer is now hard wired into the NMCI system and the IT guru came down and connected a network printer. This is huge!

I fill my glass full of ice, just always have and never thought about it. Now I will pay attention.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:52 AM

Staying dreary here too.

Adam caught a mouse, which was stolen by Ripple, and then stolen by Echo.
We got her to go outside with it, where she finally killed it. As much as I hate mice, I do feel sorry for them when one of the animals get them. Usually Ripple kills them pretty quickly, but not today.

It looks like the sun is trying to come out. Maybe I will get to hang out the sheets today.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:08 PM

Ok read now. Mooommmm I put ice in wine too, even red wine which is supposed to be room temp. I have just about quit drinking. Not for any reason except I just haven't had the urge. Mostly my drink is beer but I have only had one, at the hairdresser the other day., in the last month or so. Just don't want it anymore.

I drink tea at irk and home with an occasional soda. I still make smoothies most every day so that is just fruit and juice. I usually have a cup of coffee or two each morning Moanday -Firday. I don't make coffee at home.

This past weekend was the annual celebration of the Bahamain heritage and culture with a festival called Goombay. I had my girl bring me some conch ceviche. I am having it for lunch. Goombay kicks off ten days of drunken debauchery and nudity known as Fantasy Fest. I do not participate anymore. Out grew all that foolishness.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:37 PM

Answering lst weeks MMP as an expiry-mint:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
If people treated their spouses the way we treat our dogs, nobody would ever get divorced.
Except for that whole spay and neuter thing.

Now on to the current MMP: I put the minimal amount of ice in to cool my drink. I used to put one ice cube in my glass of whiskey, but Wifey bought these little metal cubes that live in the freezer that one can drop into a drink and cool it without diluting it. When I get a fast food fountain drink I'll hit the ice thing once and then dump half of that out before filling.
Ice in your drink gives you callouses on your lips, and nobody wants that.

I do have one soda a day, which I get from the small fridge out back which I keep stocked with pop, beer, and cider. No need for ice.

Oh, I just remembered, we do put ice in sangria. I don't know why.

In a little bit Ima have to call Frontier Communications again. Yesterday I spent an hour on the phone trying to explain to the woman that I didn't want to change my primary e-mail address, I wasn't getting any e-mail at all. Period. At either of my e-mail addresses.
Since I'm not able to download my e-mail on any of my devices, I assume the problem is at their server. Probably it has forgotten my password again. *le sigh*

It's not like it matter that much. 99.9% of the stuff I get is from people trying to sell me stuff. If I want to actually hear from someone, I give them my Gmail address, which just works. Alla time.

Mmmmm Butters, I do loves me some conch. That's one thing I miss about florida.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:43 PM

Yes to cold. If I'm making a water bottle to carry, I'll add lots of ice. If I'm just drinking a glass of water I won't add any ice, since it's gone before it warms up. Other beverages are iced if warranted: coffee, never; G&Ts yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vorlon View Post
missred[from last week] The bag of #2 apples I got were honeycrisp--they don't NEED any sweetener!

Other batches will be Gala and I'll toss in some Fuji to make them sweeter.
You have inspired me. I'll make some too. My great-grand's recipe calls for McIntosh, but those are hard to find. I'll do my best.

'Beamer off at school, Akiko on top of the hill in the back where she can survey her domain, Pixel burrowed under blankets next to me. The world has assumed it's weekday alignment.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Yes to cold. If I'm making a water bottle to carry, I'll add lots of ice. If I'm just drinking a glass of water I won't add any ice, since it's gone before it warms up. Other beverages are iced if warranted: coffee, never; G&Ts yes.

You have inspired me. I'll make some too. My great-grand's recipe calls for McIntosh, but those are hard to find. I'll do my best.

'Beamer off at school, Akiko on top of the hill in the back where she can survey her domain, Pixel burrowed under blankets next to me. The world has assumed it's weekday alignment.
Honeycrisp, Fuji and Pink Lady are very sweet. Taste before adding any sweetener.

I have been having good luck with 6lbs of apples, a cup of water and a very generous teaspoon of cinnamon.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:06 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

During Roxy's nap, I boiled and peeled a dozen eggs, built a meatloaf for the freezer, emptied the dishwasher, and crocheted while watching Poldark.

Tonight's chicken is still frozen, but I unwrapped it and I'll occasionally go in and try to work some water into the cavity. One way or another, we're having chicken for supper!!
Old 10-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I declare da cave defilthyfied. So mote it be! Now I shall chill until time to head over to the church house.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:10 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Last week, we were smokin' - this week, let's be cool!

Ice in beverages - yea or nay? How much? What beverages?
Tea is the one thing I insist be over ice; usually fill the glass to the rim and then add the tea. If its still hot/freshly brewed I'll add half the glass full of tea, let it melt the ice down a little, top off the ice and then top off the tea.

And since no-one in my family reads this ------ I do put my rye over ice now and then. Just three or four cubes but that could get me burned at the stake among the Socha branch of the clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
Answering lst weeks MMP as an expiry-mint:

A friend of ours, on getting married to a fellow who owned a cat, was quoted as saying both the cat and owner had been fixed.

Didn't help them; they still divorced about ten years later.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:40 PM

You have a point Bumba

For the first time in my life I have a dog that will pull the clothes off the line.
The Little Shit!
She also tries to steal things off the table. She can't quite reach the table, and the chair spins, so she can't jump on it.... yet.

Taking a break, then I need to load the dishwasher and put laundry away.
The peppers are stuffed and in the oven.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:48 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Chickie is roasting. Peas-n-carrots on the side, plus I made cheddar biscuits. It's smelling yum in here.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:55 PM

Sari Love me some stuffed peppers. Hubby claims he is allergic to peppers so I don't get them often. My pup Buddy is a handful. Wide open and into every thing much like a toddler would be. I hope Echo isn't as wild as he.

Almost time to go home. Yep less than 10 minutes. I have some ground beef so I think I shall make meatballs is onion gravy with some rice and vegetation TBD.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:09 PM

Evening all. Rain started about 11am and really hasn't stopped since then, so everything is getting a good soaking. Got the stuff to the Dry Cleaners early and dined on my Mike's Jersey Sub for lunch, and solved the last two Sudoku's from the weekend (one took four tries).

Need to get some food out for the evening, but not really motivated to do much.

I do have one drink I like a lot of ice in; Sweet Tea at a restaurant. But down here the accent is on 'sweet tea' and not 'iced tea', so I usually end up adding ice cubes from my water glass.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:12 PM

The peppers came out YUM. I used cauliflower rice to cut the carbs and I couldn't tell the difference.
I'll be eating the leftovers for a few days.

I think Echo would be a lot more of a handful if I didn't have Ripple to keep her entertained. I think taking her to the park helps too. She's a lot easier than he was.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:29 PM

From last week:

doggio, the JD would likely render the applesauce for immediate eating or canning only since I doubt if it would freeze. It might make an interesting slushie though.

metal mouse, we're getting pretty much the same weather as you. After a shower yesterday morning, it became a beautiful day. Today, it's been rainy all day. I was proud of Nelson. He didn't play Princess Pretty Paws or try to go in when I walked him in the rain this afternoon. He even made me pick up poo!

Today:

alien, I was using a mix of Granny Smith and Gala apples, so they took a little sweetening.

sunny, McIntosh are a nice tart cooking apple. I generally use them for apple pie, dumplings, crisp, cobbler, sauce, etc. For some of these things, I'll combine them with a sweeter apple and reduce the sugar/ stevia.

To answer the OP:

At home, unless I've been working in the yard or something, I don't often use ice, except for iced coffee (yeah, my late sweetie used to tell me that I was easy to spot as a Yankee because I drank iced coffee and hot tea ). Tea and selzer is usually pretty cold coming straight from the fridge. Most drinks, I'm OK with room temp, otherwise, I'd never finish a cuppa coffee before having to nuke it. I tend to drink coffee until around 2:30 in the afternoon (two sixteen oz mugs), except for some iced tea to wash down morning meds and switch to selzer with some kind of citrus once I get home.

Looks like my cow-orkers are going to have to shake a laig to get EoM out. I have my hands full and can't step in to do all of the crap they need help with. C'est la damn vie!
Old 10-21-2019, 07:54 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Home from men's night over to the church house. We had a good crowd and 'twas fun as usual. I did have to give the don't let beer pile up in the fridge speech tonight as it was reachin' critical mass. Most of it got taken home so there's that. I'm sure not all of it is due to the group but a pretty fair portion is. We do have AA and AlAnon groups that meet there, plus, we have teenagers, and it'd be pretty easy to sneak a beer or six out of the kitchen. My teenage self would have certainly done so, and in fact, did a few times back in ye olde hometowne.

The rain is due to come in here tonight and hang around tomorrow. I have no where I need to go, so I say, come on rain!
Old 10-21-2019, 08:18 PM

My firm opinion on ice is: it depends.

I'm mostly fine with room temperature drinks. Except at my mom's - her ice maker and well water make the perfect ice for iced tea, and I don't know why. It's not perfect for soda or lemonade or whatever, but it's perfect in sweetened iced tea, which I basically only drink at my mom's. And there's a local convenience store chain that has what they call "chewy ice," which is small pellets of extruded cylindrical ice that must be aerated during the freezing process. If I ever win the lottery, my first luxury purchase will be one of their machines.

Meanwhile, I need to ice all of my creaky joints this evening, because I just spent the day moving the second to last and LAST SOFA MY MOTHER IS EVER ALLOWED TO BUY! The boy was supposed to help, but forgot. No worries - Ma and I have moved plenty of furniture together, albeit when both of us were younger. So I bring my truck, hitch up the flatbed trailer* **, and it's no big deal to move the (1972, gold velvet sofa from the living room to the trailer. Ma doesn't like ratchet straps, so she ties it down with cotton rope. Not ideal, but it's not a huge issue. We take it to town and deliver it to The Boy's frat house, where the 1972 sofa will probably live out its days.

Get to the sto' with the new sofa. The feller there was slow, and not very adept at spatial relationships, so we basically told him how to load. (For liability reasons, he couldn't just borrow me his hand truck.) He still managed to get sort of backwards, but it was all manageable. "No, thanks, we'll do the tie-down. 'preshiate it." Followed quickly by "No Mama, we aren't driving 20 miles of bad roads*** with that behemoth tied down with cotton thread. I have good ratchet straps, and enough logging chain to put you in the back until we get to your house. Hold that S hook and shut up."

Made it safely to the homestead. At which point my mom grabbed a yardstick and said "hang on, let me measure this." That's seriously a bad sign, you know? The narrowest bit of the furniture was 34.5 inches horizontally, and 37" vertically. No big deal for the door onto the porch. Big annoying deal for the 32" door into the house.

We made it work after I explained - forcefully - to my dad that he needed to GTF out of the way and shut up. Bless him, I think he means well, but he's BLIND blind (as in zero vision in one eye = no depth perception, and 20% in the other,) plus has heart muscle damage that means his lower legs have terrible circulation, plus he's always been constitutionally incapable of thinking his way through a barrier versus just getting a bigger hammer. And he feels helpless, because he really is, and belligerent, because he is****.

So I yelled at the man. I'm not proud of it, but my exact words were "get your ass back to your recliner and get out of my way." And Ma and I managed. But I told her to enjoy her last sofa, because that sumbitch will come out with a chain saw if I have to do it. I don't mind doing, but don't make it harder on everyone, you know? Measure the sofa first! I'm fifty and Ma is 70, and she has watched me disassemble a bleeping sofa 25 years ago when we had a Long Dark Teatime of the Soul moment with her sofa. I did it with a screwdriver then, but I'll use a chainsaw the next time.

I've decided to have a therapeutic drink tonight, while I ice my poor shoulders******.

* Bless him, my dad didn't think I could look at a weather forecast, so he was certain that the open trailer wouldn't work for moving upholstered furniture on an 80 F day with a zero% chance of rain, as though tarps don't exist. Knowing that Number One Grandson has my furniture trailer for his band, Dad wanted the kid to empty that equipment and use my/his trailer. I had to sort of lie and tell Dad that the closed hauler belongs to someone else now. Technically it does. It belongs to the band - an incorporated entity. Never mind that I hold the lien. I wasn't going to ask the kid to spend his day off emptying the trailer, moving furniture, refilling the trailer, and skipping homework.

** Hitched to my dad's trailer. The hitch lock wouldn't engage. Jacked it back up, crawled under the tongue. There's at least two broken welds, allowing two parts of the lock to spin. I asked. "Oh, I couldn't make it lock, so I just used the smaller ball."

***Nestor came through this weekend. Lots of welcome rain. But the dirt roads are awful, and Ma and I live on dirt roads. Dumping several inches of water on very dry red clay topped with a sand layer is just plain ugly.

**** Not denigrating my stepdad. He has his areas of expertise that I can't approach. But furniture moving isn't one of those areas.

***** If my shoulders feel like this, I hope Mama has two wine coolers tonight. We have some hereditary bullshit will shoulders and collarbones, and if mine feel like this at fifty, I don't want to think about 70. I'll just be a crazy perpetual drunk. Seriously.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Sides will be chosen later.
What game are you playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
This past weekend was the annual celebration of the Bahamain heritage and culture with a festival called Goombay.
Not to be confused with the Eye-tal-ian festival, Goomba.

Quote:
Speaking of which, where is flytrap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
doggio, the JD would likely render the applesauce for immediate eating or canning only since I doubt if it would freeze. It might make an interesting slushie though.
Why ruin perfectly good JD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
I did have to give the don't let beer pile up in the fridge speech tonight as it was reachin' critical mass. Most of it got taken home so there's that. I'm sure not all of it is due to the group but a pretty fair portion is. We do have AA and AlAnon groups that meet there, plus, we have teenagers, and it'd be pretty easy to sneak a beer or six out of the kitchen. My teenage self would have certainly done so, and in fact, did a few times back in ye olde hometowne.
BearMake sure a serveral new lightning rods are installed & that the insurance is paid up, just in case Doggio suddenly finds "religion".

I almost got a caramel apple cake on Saturday but after (two scoops of) ice cream & cider donuts in short order we wuz kinda 'Meh' to the idea.

I made (baked) Mac & cheese last night. This involves taking crunchy noodles, boiling them until they're soft & then putting them into the oven until the crunch again.
Good but not nearly as good as leftovers as microwaves just don't do crunchy.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

Why ruin perfectly good JD?

JD needs something to adulterate it. Spring for some of the good stuff if yer drinking it (maybe what is made down the road from Lynchburg https://www.georgedickel.com/distill...oLAg&gclsrc=ds ).
Old 10-21-2019, 10:40 PM

Peaches My family has a hereditary shoulder weakness. At least myself and my sister do. Weird.

I have had one rotator cuff repaired and am now having trouble with the other. My sister has actually had a shoulder replacement and her other is giving her fits.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 10-21-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:26 PM
Charter Member

Worked, came home. Went to Canes Corner. We had a fill in host ,as our regular host is in the hospital.

I like ice in tea and water. Especially if it's the "good ice" aka the tiny cubes.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Peaches My family has a hereditary shoulder weakness. At least myself and my sister do. Weird.

I have had one rotator cuff repaired and am now having trouble with the other. My sister has actually had a shoulder replacement and her other is giving her fits.
My mom, her sister, my brother, and I all have shoulder weirdness. Thus far, three of us have avoided major medical tuneups. (I avoid any and all weight-bearing if my arm has to be raised above parallel with my shoulder. I can shift surprising masses using core/lower body strength, in relation to my weight and fitness level and age. But my shoulders and collarbones make ugly painful crunchy noises if I have to lift high.)

Several years ago, my aunt had to have a series of surgeries to replace bones. The doctor told her it was a birth defect, probably hereditary. And that your clavicle really isn't supposed to hurt. I mentioned that to my doctor, who agreed. News to me!

Apparently it's something about the way that the clavicle joints the shoulder and interacts with the soft tissues. But I seem to have minimized damage by accidentally using my shoulders the right way for me, so I'll stick with the factory original parts as long as I can.

But I'm going to discuss the door issue with my brother. If either parent needs a wheelchair or Walker, that 32" door may create problems. We're converting the big porch into a dining/sunroom over the next few weekends, and I'm going to advocate for putting in a larger door while we're working. Easier while the walls are pulled apart anyway. And if I have to redo insulation, I'd rather get all the itching over in one whack.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Oh, I just remembered, we do put ice in sangria. I don't know why.
Why wouldn't you? It's almost as essential an ingredient as cheap wine.

I got my three-month bus ticket. Since I'm going to be travelling a lot it's possible that the cost of individual tickets would actually end up being lower, but with this one I don't have to worry about whether I'm pronouncing the names of stops correctly

Last edited by Nava; 10-22-2019 at 03:02 AM.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:02 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. 'Tis 74 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 77 and maybe N.O.S. this afternoon. Yestiddy TWPTB said rain last night and all day today. Today is laundry day. Rah. Sup shall be beastloaf, green beans, squishes, mac 'n cheese, and rolls. Beastloaf is thawin' in da fridge as I post. I made it a couple of weeks ago and froze it then.

Peaches you're a good daughter. Just felt like I needed to say that. Hope the shoulder is not too ouchy today.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!
Old 10-22-2019, 07:01 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

It's a drizzly morning, and real rain is promised later today. Getting up was a real chore - my last 23 work days are going to be a challenge, but I'm not going to quit early. The date I picked makes sense on several levels and I'm sticking with it. I'll whine about it occasionally, but I'll stay on the job till Dec 12. Because I'm nice, dammit!

Peaches - I'm 65 and my mom is 85, and on Sunday, the two of us were in the rain loading 52 12X12 pavers into my truck. Not nearly as bad as your furniture moving, but not the sort of chore one expects of little old ladies! I'm going to make my SIL unload the pavers, because I can!! He's 30 and strong, and I don't want to deal with unloading.

Speaking of ice, I may have mentioned that I bought a counter top ice maker, and I'm loving it! The only issue with it, tho, is our well water leaves mineral deposits that are a pain to clean out. And those deposits cause teensy bubbles in the cubes, so they don't come out crystal clear. Not a huge deal, but an annoyance nonetheless. But that sucker makes ice FAST - I can fill the freezer bin to overflowing in the course of an evening.

We go thru a lot of ice, what with 4 adults who drink iced beverages. The now-dead built-in ice maker couldn't keep up in the summer - yet another reason to lurve the portable one!

Anyway, work beckons. Happy Tuesday!
Old 10-22-2019, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today

Last edited by dogbutler; 10-22-2019 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Eye lerned too spele inn Publik schoolz
Old 10-22-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today
Gee, I'm off everyday, doggio...

Half a loaf of Raisin Bread has been toasted, buttered, and consumed. Supposed to N.O.S. today, all the rain has moved on. Some shopping to do, but nothing critical, so I'll probably have a Do-Little day.

All y'all take care.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Gee, I'm off everyday, doggio...
But we still like you anyways.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
But we still like you anyways.
We do?
Old 10-22-2019, 11:21 AM

Happy Toosday!

It's a cloudy, not so bad 55 degrees outside.
We went on the small dog side of the park today.
I went over there because there were two BIG dogs that are not part of the morning group on the big dog side. I know Iris, and she should be okay with Echo, but the other I don't know.
I was going to go over to the big dog side after those dogs left, but by then everybody in the morning group was on the small dog side.
Half the big dog side is fenced off too, as the park people planted grass seed yesterday. Not a lot of room for the dogs to run.

Supposed to rain all day today, so I'll be doing indoor stuff.
Laundry is all caught up though!
There is certainly enough for me to do.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:17 PM
Charter Member

Three hours and thirty-one minutes to get to the office today.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:04 PM

Doing stuff that needs to be done, all the little piddly stuff that gets put off.

It is a very rainy grey day, I may take a nap, it's the kind of day that makes me sleepy.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:37 PM

Naps are good, Sari; I just finished one. Glad the pups got their exercise.

flyboy, they ought to compensate you for the gas. That's a lot of traffic.

Why spidey, I'm the most likeable guy there is (*reaches for the Raid can..*)

Still haven't gone shopping, no soccer tonight so I have the evening to do it. Will get there eventually.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 10-22-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:51 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The sky has opened a couple of times. We've got Roxy tonight and I'm about to warm up some leftovers for supper. I need a lazy night.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
flyboy, they ought to compensate you for the gas. That's a lot of traffic.
115 miles each way.

I wish I had my own helicopter, or a plane. (Of course, it would cost more to commute that way than I'd make in a day.)
Old 10-22-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Why spidey, I'm the most likeable guy there is (*reaches for the Raid can..*)
::thwip:: <grabs Raid can>
::thwap:: <replaces it with dictionary>

You misspelled DELUSIONAL
Old 10-22-2019, 07:00 PM
born to be shunned

I've been waiting for a couple of you but ------------ its cold and damp and I'm bored. So I'll settle for #49.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:06 PM

Post went poof which is just as well. It was all about heartburn and puking.