Old 10-27-2019, 09:21 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

ruble - have you tried CTRL+ to increase the size? It works for me.

I'm showered, dressed, and about to assume the knit position. It's supposed to rain all day, and Roxy is going to her other grandmother's. Daughter and FCD will be in the shop much of the day. No clue what SIL will be up to - supposedly he's been dealing with a migraine, but honestly, I think he's a hypochondriac. When things get tough, he gets "sick" - I hope I'm wrong, but it's pretty suspicious.

And on that note, I'm off to my recliner!
Old 10-27-2019, 09:32 AM

Morning all. Rain has gone away and hopefully we'll start drying out. Cleaning house is high on the list for today's activities.

Got a problem; my assistant coach for 10U soccer is going in the hospital this week for surgery and will be out for 6 weeks. Unfortunately I've got conflicting games this weekend, and I can't be in two places at once. Will have to hope something can be done.

All y'all take care now.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:46 AM

Good morning. Nothing much is on the agenda for the day.

A friend just dropped off two dozen duck eggs, and I got them put away. I do need to fold/distribute/put away a load of laundry. I already got the vacuuming taken care of, and I haven't decided what dinner will be. So, I'll need to figure that out, at some point. Probably a pizza. A Keto pizza (The 'crust' will be a low carb tortilla. NOT a vile cauliflower crust!). Not a real pizza. Humbug. That's how it goes, though.

I got the Halloween decorations put back out on the porch. The wind was absolutely wicked, last night. I had to unhook everything, and bring it inside. Hopefully, the wind won't be acting up like that, until after Halloween, again. Stupid wind. There are branches/limbs down all over the area. The rain is done, for a few days, anyway, and it's nice, and sunny out there.

I think this afternoon will consist of reading. I bought a book at Dollar General, of all places. It's called 'The Diviners', by Libba Bray. It's 578 pages, and I'm 271 pages into it. Believe it, or not, it's pretty good! I love it when I find cheap books that are good reading!

Wishing all a glorious day.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

Yesterday we went out to breakfast at a diner in Blaine. It was OK, but we won't be going back. From there, we went to Bellingham International to go to the aviation museum. We'd been once before, years ago. It's no longer there.

We didn't do anything the rest of the day. I drove the MG to the self-wash and sprayed it off, then went to the supermarket. I made some escargots, then about an hour later I made filet mignon, creamed spinach with feta, and baked potatoes.

Today we're supposed to see a play called The Witches, which is being presented by the local community theatre group. I only know about it because one of the actors works for a company that sends us data, and she mentioned it in an email.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:01 AM

Mooooom, not knowing what happens for a rain day during the WS is a sign that it's your team's first run at it.

doggio, Nelson can be a bit put off by rain, but he surprised me Friday afternoon. We went out and he peed (he knows we don't go in until that happens). Once inside, I got him out of his harness/leash and began to put away my lunch kit when he started his circle dance. I harnessed him back up right away and took his little butt back out. He actually pooped in the rain! He managed to get a treat both times when we came beck in.

metal mouse, are there any parents who can step up to the plate?

ace, I'm good with the low carb tortillas for a pizza base. I've always liked the very thin crust pizzas anyway.

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted, towels folded, a load of clothes in the wash and fixing to do KP. Other than the usual Sunday chores, there's nothing on the plate today, just rest.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:12 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Red - actually, it's a sign that this is the first time I paid attention to the WS this much. I lived in Baltimore when the Orioles won the series in '66 and '70 - I just didn't care as much.

Roxy is about to head to her grandma's so I can FINALLY turn off Sesame Street... Whew!!
Old 10-27-2019, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
doggio, Nelson can be a bit put off by rain, but he surprised me Friday afternoon. We went out and he peed (he knows we don't go in until that happens). Once inside, I got him out of his harness/leash and began to put away my lunch kit when he started his circle dance. I harnessed him back up right away and took his little butt back out. He actually pooped in the rain! He managed to get a treat both times when we came beck in.
He finally ended his 13 hour hold in. Although I suspect he uses Alex Catt's litterbox on occasion(he's spent his entire life with cats, so he might have learned by osmosis.)
Old 10-27-2019, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

The Witches performed by the local community theatre, plays next weekend too. We're going to go next Sunday instead of today.

I need to remember to buy tickets for the Museum of Flight in Seattle for Wednesday, and take out the trash and recycling for the bi-weekly pickup tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:09 PM

The promised wind storm arrived at 3:30 am. Sustained wind of 30-40+, with gusts over 70. There is a lot of "stuff" flying around. We still have power, but that could always change. The last news I saw about the Kincaide fire wasn't good. 80,000+ or more evacuated. A town near here (Oakley) got evacuated suddenly last night, but it looks like they've got that under control. There's a weapons depot fairly close to it, so things could get really interesting if fire took hold in that area.

Hugs and good thoughts to everyone.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:27 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The rain appears to have left the area. Sun has popped in and out, and it's quite breezy... and muggy. And now, back to Poldark!
Old 10-27-2019, 02:12 PM

I caught Buddy on the camera last night dipping his paws in his water bowl and licking them dry. I wondered how sometimes his water wound up outside the bowl.

Lazy Sunday. I need to do some laundry but hubby’s friend is sleeping in the recliner so I shall wait a bit. I don’t want to wake him.

Sunny I have friends in Santa Rosa who are expecting to be evacuated soon. Scary.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
Going to breed tiny tubers?
Uhh, yep. That's pretty much exactly what this year's tiny big project is.

We had actual sun here today! It's got all chilly, and I was stuck in most of the day working on an essay but still, nice to see it. Hope those with nasty weather get an improvement soon.

The clocks changed here last night, so I'm a bit temporally skewed today. At least I get an extra hour in bed before irk tomorrow, so I don't have to get up when it's pitch black for a bit. I can't shake the feeling that it's nearly bedtime though- it's only 8.30. Tempting, but a bit early, even for me.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:06 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I think we change our clocks next weekend. That should screw up the dogs' feeding time till their tummies adjust.

FCD and I had burgers for supper. Daughter and SIL are out picking up Roxy. I watched several episodes of Poldark, then Crazy Rich Asians, which was a pretty good movie. The rest of the evening will be spent in my recliner till I head to bed. It's been a good, lazy day.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:16 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:

Is that a Highland or Islay whisky?
Actually a tribute to a former bishop I worked with a lot when I joined the ELCA. I'm sure I have mentioned Pastor Bob before but he was one of those little Keebler-elf old men who could get away with saying or doing ANYTHING. Anything he did something that almost qualified for an apology he would say "Sorry -- Leviticus made me say/do that". His claim was the Devil got way more credit than he deserved. He also would come out with quotes that sounded Biblical but weren't and would attribute them to "Dalmations: Chapter 7 verse 23". And this was long before the book "LAMB" came out.

I do a really good Jackie Mason type Jewish accent and I know a fair amount of Yiddish. He asked me to go to this one congregation a few Sundays in a row, ham it a little, and just never really talk religion or past much at all -- just like I was shopping around. And do the accent and through in every word of Yiddish or Hebrew I knew. I did it two or three times and then called and let him know mission accomplished. He then sat down with their council and said something like "I want to talk about a friend who may be interested in coming here. He isn't Christian -- in fact he's Jewish. And his background -- tough relationship with his stepdad and mostly dotes around his mother. He's a really nice guy but he has a lot of issues and sometimes he has some problems with authority". Well, one of the council people chimed in as how they had met me and all and really didn't think I was a good fit. Pastor Bob piped in "Mike? No -- not him. He's Rostered Laity and in fact has served at Assembly with me the last few years. I was talking about Jesus." Council all sort of hung their heads ---- OK, we get it. We'll be more open and welcoming to visitors in the future. And the really odd part -- they were!

God bless you Pastor Bob -------- you really were a great teacher. <tips hat to the sky>
Old 10-27-2019, 06:25 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
ruble - have you tried CTRL+ to increase the size? It works for me.

Tried that and a couple Mac tricks with the scroll mouse. But for some reason it self-corrected between the AM and now. I think it was the Commies.

Night of the Singing Dead was terrific. The general theme was a return to 1969 although most of the stars just died in the last two years since the last show. Burt Reynolds, Jerry Reed and Jackie Gleason were terrific and the young lady doing Aretha was great; great pipes. For basically amateurs it really does go well. And Godzilla did On the Street Where You Live while destroying a cardboard Pittsburgh. Classic!
Old 10-27-2019, 06:46 PM

some of the sects have really odd perspective on human blood .. as its supposed to be the deities blood that runs through us all ... like the witnesses say no giving blood or transfusions .... some other ones say giving blood is on in an emergency but you can't take any in your self .... or it has to be your own blood used .....

here except for some drama going on with aunts mom its an SOS day here except were watching the other side of the mountain burn down .. and some relatives might get a day off tomorrow cause thell close the freeways and roads ....
Old 10-27-2019, 06:55 PM

I can’t wait to get that hour back next week.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:09 PM

ruble, when Sis and I throw out Dadisms, we tend to attribute it to Fred 3:42.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:18 PM
Charter Member

Not that anyone cares, but...

Three hot wings, three fish (grilled) tacos, two 20 oz. margaritas. Having an 'Irish coffee' now.

Got the jack o'lantern carved, and Mrs. L.A. lit a candle in it.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:20 PM
Charter Member

dup post.

Last edited by Johnny L.A.; 10-27-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
dup post.
Obigatory dunken prost?
Old 10-27-2019, 09:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Obigatory dunken prost?
It's a fair cop, but society's to blame.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
It's a fair cop, but society's to blame.
[Repo Man]
Duke: The lights are growing dim Otto. I know a life of crime has led me to this sorry fate, and yet, I blame society. Society made me what I am.
Otto: That's bullshit. You're a white suburban punk just like me.
Duke: Yeah, but it still hurts. (dies) [/Repo Man]