Old 05-09-2018, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaboi867 View Post
I'm American and I'd pick Rajworld over Westworld. I've never been much of a fan of westerns. Also Delos isn't just going to market to North Americans.
Or Shogunworld, whatever they are calling it? Perhaps a medieval world?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Agree with all this. It's just plain lazy writing. If they wanted the battle's outcome to be so uncertain, they needed to explain why the hosts had nitro, why the Delos people were so inadequately equipped, and why the strategy for taking down the fort was so ridiculously inefficient. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus Est View Post
The assault on the fort was so laughably bad that it had to have been intentional. Consider first that the actual frontal assault was just a diversion so that Charlotte could sneak in the back with a small team to retrieve Peter Abernathy. Consider further that whoever Charlotte is reporting to refused to send further aid until said Peter Abernathy could be retrieved. So the assault was conducted with whatever Delos Security was already on site. These were patrolling was hitherto an amusement park, with the hosts that are supposed to be deactivated by voice command, armed with paintball guns. They weren't even aware of Dolores until Bernard identified her from the brain recording. They were mall cops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeid View Post
Because the attack on the fort was Charlotte's "let's go, I need those men and that jacket" and she did not care about taking the fort ... she got what she wanted.
On preview, yeah what Terminus Est said.
I'm going to stick with "ridiculously inefficient" given the expenditure of human lives in the name of retrieving one robot. Again: why not helicopter in, shoot the hostile robots like fish in a barrel, and grab the target?

It's just dumb, whether the Delos security are 'mall cops' or not. They knew before approaching the fort that the robots were killing humans. They could easily have prepared for it.

Self-correction is the secret strength of freedom. ---George W. Bush, 19 October 2017
Old 05-09-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
But it brings up what the heck is going on with the bullets that work differently in humans than on androids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakester View Post
The bullets work the same way; the androids are (or were) programmed to react as if the bullets were real-world bullets.
Quote:
So what about those guests that were killed by bullets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakester View Post
Maybe they were bombarded by enough lite-bullets to do serious damage.
The longer the show goes on, the more irritating I find this bullet thing. An actual projectile fast enough to sting and bruise is fast enough to seriously injure if it hits a human in the eye or a number of other vulnerable spots. Now maybe the hosts (when operating normally) are unable by design to aim at a human above shoulder height but since freeing themselves of this restriction, can inflict lethal injury on a human with a well-placed eye-shot.

So why don't the human security forces have full-cover helmets? Heck, even sturdy safety glasses would help.

I preferred the movie version where the guns wouldn't fire at all if aimed at a human.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:02 AM

Quote:
I'm going to stick with "ridiculously inefficient" given the expenditure of human lives in the name of retrieving one robot. Again: why not helicopter in, shoot the hostile robots like fish in a barrel, and grab the target?

It's just dumb, whether the Delos security are 'mall cops' or not. They knew before approaching the fort that the robots were killing humans. They could easily have prepared for it.
What kind of scary-ass mall do you go to, that the security there has an attack helicopter?
Old 05-10-2018, 01:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
What kind of scary-ass mall do you go to, that the security there has an attack helicopter?
Mall cops dont usually have fully auto weapons and body armor. These arent just "security".
Old 05-10-2018, 09:23 AM

What kind of security, as opposed to "security", would assault a fort with nothing but a couple of buggies and personal defense weapons? Assuming Delos has a private army, that wasn't it.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:

The Mall of America! It has a security budget higher than the next eight malls combined!
Old 05-11-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
The Mall of America! It has a security budget higher than the next eight malls combined!
Yes, but Minneapolis-St Paul is one of those well-known "no-go" areas Trump is always talking about.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
Mall cops dont usually have fully auto weapons and body armor. These arent just "security".
Yeah. The idea that the forces attacking the fort were "mall cops" was a theory advanced in the thread--not a concept established in the show.

If you're running a multi-gazillion-dollar 'theme park,' you're going to have helicopters. A guest might need to be evacuated for any number of reasons: heart attacks, a fight with another guest, jumping off a cliff to see what happens...you name it. They'd have helicopters.

And they knew the robots had rebelled. If they didn't have the body armor and serious firearms sitting in their own storerooms, then they'd have acquired them fast, before going in.

Self-correction is the secret strength of freedom. ---George W. Bush, 19 October 2017
Old 05-11-2018, 06:12 PM

When dealing with rebellious robots, one wonders why they didn't employ a remote kill switch? OK, it was established in the show that someone hacked all the hosts, so they can't do that. Plan B should be to send in an army of loyal robots from off-site!
Old 05-11-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPRK View Post
When dealing with rebellious robots, one wonders why they didn't employ a remote kill switch? OK, it was established in the show that someone hacked all the hosts, so they can't do that. Plan B should be to send in an army of loyal robots from off-site!
It's not out of the question that they have in fact done that. Maybe their extremely dumb frontal assault was because their assault troops were literally disposable.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheVool View Post
It's not out of the question that they have in fact done that. Maybe their extremely dumb frontal assault was because their assault troops were literally disposable.
Well, that could fit if the end result of the series is the "shocking" twist that every human on earth is in fact a robot.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Somehow I doubt the solution to a robot revolt is even more robots who we're sure can't be hacked like the first robots.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I think this is all assuming a lot more external control and planning than I think we can take for granted. Ford called the shots, carefully controlling the technology and thwarting "management" for decades. And we now know Ford, for whatever combination of misanthropy and regret/guilt, carefully orchestrated this little revolution. Dolores in a way is still dancing to his tune, only this time she is being manipulated indirectly rather through programming( well, maybe ).

Kill switches, off site android armies - I suspect Ford tried hard to keep such measures as non-viable as possible.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:20 PM

We know there are six parks, but so far we've only seen 3: Westworld, Raj, Shogun. I heard a hilarious "theory" (I can't imagine it's real).

The original Westworld was a park created by Michael Creighton. He also created another park, a JURASSIC PARK.

JP world confirmed.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
We know there are six parks, but so far we've only seen 3: Westworld, Raj, Shogun. I heard a hilarious "theory" (I can't imagine it's real).

The original Westworld was a park created by Michael Creighton. He also created another park, a JURASSIC PARK.

JP world confirmed.
YASSSSS!!! Chris Pratt shows up, takes his pants off and nothing is pixelatted!
Old 05-11-2018, 11:59 PM
SDSAB

Some apt criticisms above (including the poorly-handled attack on the fort), but I enjoyed the episode. Nice to see Dolores and her dad reunited. Clementine is certainly scary-looking. And that poor lady in Raj World - talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire! From the (Second) Great Mutiny, to a tiger attack, to exhaustedly swimming across a lake, to washing up ashore at the very feet of some mean-looking Indians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
Yeah, even in S1 we saw Hemsworth and his mooks going about in tactical formation with rifles. They seemed at least theoretically prepared for a Host uprising all along.

Quote:
...If you're running a multi-gazillion-dollar 'theme park,' you're going to have helicopters. A guest might need to be evacuated for any number of reasons: heart attacks, a fight with another guest, jumping off a cliff to see what happens...you name it. They'd have helicopters....
William and his Irish future father-in-law arrived in a helicopter to look over Sweetwater just an episode or two (but many years) ago.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:04 AM

I've enjoyed the show so far, but at this point, I'm fearing that it might be heading towards LOST territory. With any given scene, it's impossible to tell whether the people are real or fake, whether "people" are going to die or survive, whether it's part of timeline x or timeline y, it feels like nothing's really at stake anymore, and I'm starting to get the impression that the show's writers don't know what they're doing anymore. The introduction of other park settings is cool, but now it feels like the show has too many balls in the air at once. I'm starting to lose interest, it's starting to feel tedious.

After Black Mirror, my bar for dystopian science fiction is very, very high indeed. Westworld was living up to that bar at one point, but it's no longer there.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
his Irish future father-in-law
Scottish.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
Scottish.
Yes, the amazing Peter Mullan. Definitely Scottish. No way you can mistake him for Irish.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:37 PM
SDSAB

Ooops. I did.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquernagy View Post
I've enjoyed the show so far, but at this point, I'm fearing that it might be heading towards LOST territory. With any given scene, it's impossible to tell whether the people are real or fake, whether "people" are going to die or survive, whether it's part of timeline x or timeline y, it feels like nothing's really at stake anymore, and I'm starting to get the impression that the show's writers don't know what they're doing anymore. The introduction of other park settings is cool, but now it feels like the show has too many balls in the air at once. I'm starting to lose interest, it's starting to feel tedious.

After Black Mirror, my bar for dystopian science fiction is very, very high indeed. Westworld was living up to that bar at one point, but it's no longer there.
They're relying too much on teasers. In Season 1, we didn't know what we didn't know so the handful of reveals were impactful. In season 2 they've tipped their hand too much. We know something is going on in Glory, something with the guests DNA, and what ultimate point of the park is. Now we are waiting to find out how all those pieces fit.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:

Yes. Somehow they've managed to take an interesting show, with interesting characters, and turn it into a mess, with 2, possibly 3 characters that have any worth at all. I'm even starting to care more about the MiB that Dolores, Og help me.

Maybe they need to stop jumping around with the timelines, since they've done that, and spend some time actually establishing a story that we're interested in, before they go all mind-fuckery.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:27 PM

Well the speculation that Grace is William's daughter turned out to be true.

Really cool episode with Bernard dealing with his memories and a reveal at what Delos was attempting to do. Though, who knows, Ford may have figured out what William could not. That last consciousness that Bernard takes from the lab. That has to be Ford, right? So Ford can resurrect himself in a new body?

And it really did seem the view of the new code in Abernathy (the globe one) was very similar to the view of the code in Jim Delos. And Abernathy reacts a similar way when confronted with reality - wonder if that's the "other way" William describes when he meets 149th Delos.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:37 PM

I'm glad Elsie is still alive. That of course leads to more questions. Why did Bernard choose to save her? Is some unseen hand still controlling the park? Is that same hand controlling zombie Clementine? Or maybe it's Bernard himself who programmed zombie Clementine, in anticipation of these events.

It looks like the Ghost Nation are saving guests. So who programmed them, maybe Elsie & Bernard?
Old 05-14-2018, 12:36 AM

In Season 1, Elsie (was it Elsie?) discovers that someone has been re-programming the hosts using the "Arnold" login. Was that all Ford's handiwork, or is it more complicated than that (e.g., the hosts re-programming themselves according to Arnold's "bicameral mind" schema)?

Also, when Bernard retrieves the list of hosts originally created by Arnold, which includes Dolores and Ford's family, what other hosts were on the list?
Old 05-14-2018, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Elsie sure didn't act like someone who was just assaulted by her boss, tied up in a cave for a few days, released by her boss, discovers her boss is a host, not a human, and taken to a secret lab littered with slaughtered people and strange 'drone' hosts now, does she?

I just couldn't see her actions in last night's episode as anything a rational person would do. Or even an irrational one. Weird.

I was more engaged in ep 3 than the previous ones, though.

Nice family reunion at the end, to be sure.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

I think the revelation that James Delos's consciousness was transpanted into a host body explains all of the trouble and expense the company went through to build the park. I think the "brains" in the hosts need to develop enough complexity to support a real human consciousness, so perhaps the park was meant to give them enough experience to do so. And of course if they can actually transplant a human consciousness to an artificial body, that would be worth any amount of money. (Although in reality, if you were James Delos and were going to be put in a new body, wouldn't you want a youthful one, rather that one that looked exactly like the old version of you?)
Old 05-14-2018, 08:55 AM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef View Post
The set piece battle was distractingly badly set up. Apparently the best tactics that these trained, well armed private military forces meant to respond to emergencies in the park is to casually stroll in a big clump 50 yards from a bunch of armed hosts in cover.
infantry combat in TV shows is always like this. It's always people standing up and blasting away at one another and it never makes any sense on any level; for one thing, not nearly enough people were being killed on either side in the first phase of the combat.

Screen combat is almost always people shooting at each other from short range. Real combat is generally nothing like that; it is dominated by indirect fire and even when infantry is engaged, in a relatively wide open situation like we say in Episode 3, engagement would be at great distance, 300-400 meters. The Confederados are in plain sight in a very small area; the logical thing to do is simply to lob in artillery or rocket fire. If you can't risk blowing up Peter Abernathy, long range rifle and heavy weapons fire at the front of the fort will do nicely. We could tear apart 100 other TV combat scenes if we wanted.

The thing is, though, that presenting combat realistically would present the viewer with a very confusing thing to try to follow. The screenplay wants to convey clear story points. In the fort battle you need to know

1. The Delos goons are attacking and they outun the Confederados,
2. and they're sneaking in to grab Mr. Abernathy,
3. They defeat the troops outside the gate, which can't get back in and are (rather inexplicably) murdered,
4. Then they get blown up.

A realistic depiction of combat would mean you're switching back and forth between people who can barely see each other. From the fort's perspective, if the Delos goons attacked logically, suddenly hosts would start dropping like flies as bullets zipped around. You wouldn't really understand what the hell was happening and it would be difficult to come up with a way for he hosts could win that battle. So yeah - it was a dumb scene, but it didn't have to be much smarter.

Realistic combat scenes certainly have been done; everyone will cite Saving Private Ryan of course, but a really surprisingly good example was in "Forrest Gump" where Forrest's platoon stumbles into a meeting engagement. One minute everything is fine and the next there's bullets and explosions and everything goes to shit and they run away. The two sides never see each other all that well and heavy weapons do more damage than small arms. In that case however, there is no detailed battle narrative required; the purpose of the scene is to convey that the battle IS terrifying, confusing, and has dreadful cost. The confusion is the point.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Finn View Post
I think the revelation that James Delos's consciousness was transpanted into a host body explains all of the trouble and expense the company went through to build the park. I think the "brains" in the hosts need to develop enough complexity to support a real human consciousness, so perhaps the park was meant to give them enough experience to do so. And of course if they can actually transplant a human consciousness to an artificial body, that would be worth any amount of money. (Although in reality, if you were James Delos and were going to be put in a new body, wouldn't you want a youthful one, rather that one that looked exactly like the old version of you?)
I bet the idea was that he'd go through the transfer and continue his life without anyone noticing. That's why he seems disappointed each time he says "I didn't survive the procedure?"
Old 05-14-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDiver View Post
I bet the idea was that he'd go through the transfer and continue his life without anyone noticing. That's why he seems disappointed each time he says "I didn't survive the procedure?"
I was expecting something like "yeah, your brain is stable now. Of course, James Delos has been legally dead for years. You are a machine, and I own you. So I'll visit every once in a while to ask you for strategic advice, and, if you're VERY helpful, bring you photos and updates about your family members" or something along those lines. But I thought that whole story-line was fascinating and well done.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:21 AM

From the moment she spoke Lakota it was pretty obvious that she had to be his daughter.

I'm thinking that Maeve is the only host that actually has free will at this point. If her.

And the Lakotas are going to be increasingly shown as much more than savages.

If there is a twist this time it may be that there is another level going on that dead Arnold is behind more than dead Ford.

Beware the obvious.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I mean...if you can't tell, does it matter?
Old 05-14-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
...Though, who knows, Ford may have figured out what William could not. That last consciousness that Bernard takes from the lab. That has to be Ford, right? So Ford can resurrect himself in a new body? ...
Or the 'marble' could be Arnold.

I've been assuming that Ford put himself in Dolores' body; maybe because Anthony Hopkins gave such a 'ruthless SOB' performance. But I guess we shall see.

The writers seem to be playing fast and loose with the 'transfer a human mind into an artificial mechanism' concept. It reminds me of the way most 'outer space'-set science fiction just hand-waves away both "artificial gravity" and "faster than light travel": they are such major accomplishments that if they really happened, almost everything would be changed. But instead what we get is a 'future' that's not organized particularly differently than is the present--just with the addition of magical technology.

So with "Westworld," apparently: we have the magical tech of indistinguishable-from-humans robots and transfer of minds---and yet everything is pretty much the same as in our no-magic current reality. Bored rich people going to theme parks and fighting corporate power struggles. Oooooooooooo-kay.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:36 PM

I think people are getting wrong who sent Bernard to kill those techs and get the marble.

I believe Charlotte and her cabal will discover the truth about Bernard and send him in there to kill the techs and get the sphere. Hence everyone looking at him so funny and trying to figure out what he did with the sphere.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:40 PM

Is this ep the first proof we are actually on Earth? I know that sounds dumb but i leave open all possibilities for twists.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Sams View Post
Is this ep the first proof we are actually on Earth? I know that sounds dumb but i leave open all possibilities for twists.
In the first episode of the season, the Chinese military offered their assistance, which was rejected by Floki*. Make of that what you will.

* The tall and skinny security dude, who is played by the same actor who played Floki in Vikings. I don't know his name, so "Floki" it is.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:52 PM

Do we know that Elsie is really Elsie and not an Elsie-bot? For what purpose, I have no idea, but as it seems the most convoluted and least believable thing, it might be true.

I hope she sticks around, even if I want to call her Sabriner.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDiver View Post
Yeah, it was pretty obvious he expected to go fight back to living his old life, right down to fucking his old wife. I wonder William waited until he finally told everyone the old man was dead. I'm guessing not very long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Sams View Post
The park was started in the 2020s and the ruins of the experimental facilities are still there. It's on an (very large) island in the Pacific controlled by the Chinese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qadgop the Mercotan View Post
Elsie sure didn't act like someone who was just assaulted by her boss, tied up in a cave for a few days, released by her boss, discovers her boss is a host, not a human, and taken to a secret lab littered with slaughtered people and strange 'drone' hosts now, does she?...
Her behavior is very, very strange. Either Elise is a Host, has mental problems, or it's bad writing.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I've enjoyed the show so far, but at this point, I'm fearing that it might be heading towards LOST territory.
Actually, one recap about this episode said the bit with James Delos playing the Rolling Stones record in that odd room was reminiscent of the first episode of the second season of Lost.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:12 PM

I'm beginning to think that the central arc for this season is actually around the Man in Black. Last season the arc was the hosts discovering their humanity. This season it's the Man in Black's turn to re-discover his.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:28 PM
SDSAB

A much better episode than last week - seeing Delos's repeating days for what turned out to be decades, and learning that everyone he loved was dead, was powerful stuff. Having William hand him the script of what he just said was a nice callback to when Maeve was shown her just-uttered "dialogue" on a computer tablet. Some good bits with the Confederadoes and the nitroglycerine; loved seeing the older William take down the bad(der) guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qadgop the Mercotan View Post
Elsie sure didn't act like someone who was just assaulted by her boss, tied up in a cave for a few days, released by her boss, discovers her boss is a host, not a human, and taken to a secret lab littered with slaughtered people and strange 'drone' hosts now, does she?....
No. She looked much cleaner and better-coiffed than I'd expect someone to be in that situation, too.

Quote:
In the first episode of the season, the Chinese military offered their assistance....
I'm not sure if they were offering their assistance, or just demanding to know what the hell was going on, what with the android uprising and all.

Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 05-14-2018 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Some good bits with the Confederadoes and the nitroglycerine; loved seeing the older William take down the bad(der) guys.
Why is there so much REAL nitroglycerine in the park?!!

Old William was fantastic though. "You didn't even recognize Death sitting in front of you".
Old 05-15-2018, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaboi867 View Post
The park was started in the 2020s and the ruins of the experimental facilities are still there. It's on an (very large) island in the Pacific controlled by the Chinese.
Aaah. Australia!
Old 05-15-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Actually, one recap about this episode said the bit with James Delos playing the Rolling Stones record in that odd room was reminiscent of the first episode of the second season of Lost.
I noted that the room was full of circles (the record, the goldfish bowl, trays, tables, the pedals on the exercise bike, etc) which made the reveal that the whole room was round rather neat. And presumably there were intended imagery parallels between the milky tea and the bloody white liquid in the lab later.

Also, the "Playing With Fire" song turned out to be rather appropriate. Not sure why they had to torch the whole room each time though - it seems rather wasteful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I'm beginning to think that the central arc for this season is actually around the Man in Black. Last season the arc was the hosts discovering their humanity. This season it's the Man in Black's turn to re-discover his.
Another point: I mentioned earlier the link between the mother-and-child in the new opening credits and Maeve's search for her daughter, but families are a larger running theme here, especially parents and children: not just Maeve but also Dolores and Peter, whatshisname (the outlaw travelling with old William) and his wife and daughter, and William and his father-in-law and his daughter (and I suppose his dead wife and Logan too). Part of being human is being a part of a family unit.

Bernard is turning out to be quite the complex character - one minute he's quivering pathetically and fumbling with his glasses; the next he's gone all Terminator. I've given up trying to figure out what he's up to; clearly he doesn't know himself so there's no chance I'm going to get it.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
And of course if they can actually transplant a human consciousness to an artificial body, that would be worth any amount of money. (Although in reality, if you were James Delos and were going to be put in a new body, wouldn't you want a youthful one, rather that one that looked exactly like the old version of you?)
They made it clear a big part of the problem is that the new artificial brain rejects the reality of the situation and starts to malfunction, that's the main hurdle they're trying to get over. So if they're trying to trick the brain into thinking it's a real entity, it has to feel as though it is part of an unbroken line of conciousness with the original biological entity, which means making him as familiar to the brain as possible as to not break the illusion. Perhaps once they get better at it, and the conciousness accepts their situation, version 2 could be the beach body model.

Quote:
The writers seem to be playing fast and loose with the 'transfer a human mind into an artificial mechanism' concept. It reminds me of the way most 'outer space'-set science fiction just hand-waves away both "artificial gravity" and "faster than light travel": they are such major accomplishments that if they really happened, almost everything would be changed. But instead what we get is a 'future' that's not organized particularly differently than is the present--just with the addition of magical technology.

So with "Westworld," apparently: we have the magical tech of indistinguishable-from-humans robots and transfer of minds---and yet everything is pretty much the same as in our no-magic current reality. Bored rich people going to theme parks and fighting corporate power struggles. Oooooooooooo-kay.
But it's clear that mind conciousness transfer is new and secret, not an established technology. They've been secretly working on it and can't get it to work. I'm not sure how you think they're playing fast and loose with it when it's clear they're investing a lot of money and resources into it and can't even get it right because it's incredibly complex.

We also don't really know what society outside of the park is like.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
whatshisname (the outlaw travelling with old William)
Lawrence.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:12 AM
Charter Jays Fan

did anyone notice in Ep 3 that the Indian musicians were playing "Seven Nation Army? "on sitars?

I love the music choices.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:40 AM
SDSAB

Yup. See post 147.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:41 AM
2012 SDMB NFL Salary Cap Champ
Charter Member

I feel like the director was taking notes from Sergio Leone with the scene right before William attacks the Confederados. I'm hoping this next episode will have some Kurosawa in the directing.