Old 03-22-2020, 06:48 PM

What do you watch on Disney+?

When it came out, I decided I wasn't interested, but I could use some warm and familiar cartoony nostalgia right now, so I'm considering it.

I'm very much on the fence, though- $6.99/month isn't much and I do have a kid living in the house who may get more out of it than I do. But my budget for extras is quite small and the kid is both not my kid and has plenty of TV to watch.

So... do you have it? What do you watch? Is it fun for a month and then you're done or is there enough to make it worth it?
Old 03-22-2020, 06:53 PM
Charter Member

I got it for Mandalorian but plan on watching some Pixar movies I have not seen.

Brian
Old 03-22-2020, 08:52 PM
Charter Member

I'm in it for the Mandalorian as well.

I'll watch new movies as they come out, but other than that, I don't watch it much.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:54 PM
Doltish Snackhound
Charter Member

Mandalorian, Phineas and Ferb, Milo Murphy's Law, Kim Possible, Boy Meets World, Girl Meets World, The Emperor's New School, and movies. It's worth it for me.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:16 PM

The Mandalorian, any Marvel movies I missed, plus my 1 year old grand daughter apparently loves the "Frozen" movies judging by how many times I have been forced to sit through them. Thank you whiskey that I still don't really know anything about them besides my g-baby loves to half-assed dance and shimmy to all the songs.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:21 PM

I watched all of the Marvel movies (with the exception of the few that aren't available), and then all the Star Wars movies.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:24 PM

Mandalorian, Clone Wars, on-demand Star Wars movies such as Revenge of the Sith. I also watch old Mickey/Donald cartoons, and we watched the live-action Aladdin.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:46 PM

The Mandalorian, the new season of the animated Clone Wars series, and re-watching some old favorites (Marvel movies, the Rocketeer, the Gargoyles animated series, and others).
Old 03-23-2020, 01:55 PM

I've been doing more of a deep dive of movies I haven't seen since I was a kid, like The Black Hole or older classics, like Treasure Island. I'm sure there will be a Kurt Russell or Dean Jones marathon in my future.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:13 PM

Frozen 2 yesterday, Toy Story 4 today.

Had some catching up to do.

mmm
Old 03-23-2020, 04:28 PM

All episodes of the Simpsons.

Check if your phone provider is offering Disney+ or anything else. I got a free year from Verizon, and it didn't cut me off when I quit them. I know US Mobile and others offer it with certain plans as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Plankton View Post
I watched all of the Marvel movies (with the exception of the few that aren't available), and then all the Star Wars movies.
Yeah, what's up with missing some Marvel movies? Are the rights that much different?
Old 03-23-2020, 04:36 PM

I've watched Frozen 2...I' m gearing up to jump into all the animated Star Wars shows. Since they pretty much extended the measures here until June first, I'm sure I'll het through them (although work is very busy now).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g(6) met Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2020, 04:42 PM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
All episodes of the Simpsons.

Check if your phone provider is offering Disney+ or anything else. I got a free year from Verizon, and it didn't cut me off when I quit them. I know US Mobile and others offer it with certain plans as well.

Yeah, what's up with missing some Marvel movies? Are the rights that much different?
Some of the MCU properties are still under streaming contracts with other companies. They’ll eventually all be consolidated on Disney+.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
Some of the MCU properties are still under streaming contracts with other companies. They’ll eventually all be consolidated on Disney+.
I tried to watch Hulk, I'm not saying it's the best Marvel property, but it's one I haven't seen in awhile, and definitely MCU. It's impossible to watch without paying.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
Sony still has the Spider-man rights, and neither MCU movie was on Disney+ last time I checked. Universal has rights to any solo Hulk film. Paramount still has the rights to the pre-Avengers (2012) movies, as those started production before Disney bought Marvel. But I'd guess eventually all except the Sony ones will end up at Disney+
Old 03-23-2020, 05:32 PM

We watched the Mandalorian, which we thought was pretty good, and now I'm slowly working my daughters through the Marvel movies. To be honest, I have not enough time and too many other things to watch to get much more use out of it.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:37 PM

Star Wars and Marvel and I live with my almost 3 year old grandson-- so, yeah.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
I believe this to be the case with the live action Jungle Book as well.

mmm

Last edited by Mean Mr. Mustard; 03-24-2020 at 06:09 AM.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChockFullOfHeadyGoodness View Post
Sony still has the Spider-man rights, and neither MCU movie was on Disney+ last time I checked. Universal has rights to any solo Hulk film. Paramount still has the rights to the pre-Avengers (2012) movies, as those started production before Disney bought Marvel. But I'd guess eventually all except the Sony ones will end up at Disney+
All the pre-Avengers MCU movies (besides Incredible Hulk) are currently on Disney+. Infinity War and Ant Man and the Wasp aren't on Disney+ at the moment because the contract with Netflix hasn't run out on those 2 yet. They'll move to Disney+ as soon as the Netflix contract expires.

Last edited by muldoonthief; 03-24-2020 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:47 AM

Got it for the Mandalorian, the new Clone Wars, and the upcoming Marvel shows (now delayed, but hopefully eventually they'll happen.) Also, to rewatch Gargoyles.

Used it to watch Captain Marvel, the only MCU movie I had missed. Kids have been catching up on some of the older movies they hadn't seen (Princess and the Frog, Coco, Up...). I made them watch Honey I shrunk the Kids, which they kind of enjoyed, while mocking how old-fashioned it was.

Sadly, I think the most watched thing around here in pure number of hours is Jessie <shudder>. Kids have seen the whole awful series through 5 or 6 times at least and they keep putting it on. I guess it's their "comfort food" show.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:34 PM

I'll jump in and recommend Bluey (on the Disney Junior Lineup) to anyone with little kids, who once had little kids, or who enjoys little kids. It's a kid show, sure - but it was DEFINITELY made for parents. I don't know when I've laughed so hard at another show made for wee ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb2V-aGQu8I

I figure with a three year old in the house, we couldn't really go wrong buying a year's subscription, especially as MCU and Star Wars nerds ourselves. Plus, you can have up to seven profiles and watch on 4 screens at the same time, so literally everyone gets to watch what they want.

Last edited by Time Like Tears; 03-26-2020 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:03 AM
Just Lovely and Delicious
Charter Member

The Mandalorian, of course.

The recent-ish show "The Muppets" was excellent, IMHO, and I've been watching it again.

I watched the entire run of the MCU over my winter vacation. I had to go off Disney+ for a couple movies. I used a guide I found online for "what order to watch MCU movies".

I grew up on DuckTales and there's a new DuckTales show which is on D+ and even though I'm 40 I love it.

I caught up on some Disney movies that I've missed over the years.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:09 PM

I watched The Mandalorian, of course, and here's a +1 for Kim Possible. One of the greatest cartoons of all-time.

I've watched a few episodes of the new DuckTales, Tangled: The Series, and the old Darkwing Duck.

I tore through the series Legends of the Three Caballeros; that was a lot of fun, and every episode is a cliffhanger.

I've watched some of the MCU films I missed, including both of the Guardians of the Galaxy films, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I've watched my favorite film, Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I'm now going through the Disney Animated Canon.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:52 AM

The very first Muppet Movie, one of my all time faves, was the first thing I watched. Slowly getting through the MCU movies. Saw Iron Man trilogy and Guardians of the Galaxy. The Mandalorian of course. There are also some very entertaining documentaries from NatGeo.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

Onward, the newest Pixar movie, is available. Not as good as I have heard, but worth watching IMHO.

Brian
Old 04-04-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9IWP View Post
Onward, the newest Pixar movie, is available. Not as good as I have heard, but worth watching IMHO.

Brian
Oh man, I disagree.

I came into the movie with relatively low expectations. Not that I thought it would be bad, it just didn't look super good. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The "big confrontation!" was a little forced, but I loved the resolution

SPOILER:
The fact that the kid was so hell-bent on meeting his dad that he felt he never had that he didn't realize how much his brother did for him was a really sweet twist

Not my absolute favorite Pixar movie (Wall-E for the win) but it's definitely in the upper echelon, maybe even the top 5.