Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451  
Old 10-01-2019, 12:42 AM
Atamasama's Avatar
Atamasama is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
Yeah, you might want to have a little talk with your kid. This claptrap comes from politigram.circlejerk, a politigram satire site run by two American anarchists. It's not left-wing or even uber-left-wing; it'a anarchist crap, the particular kind of crap some uber-right-wingers believe in. Maybe if you want to run something left-wing by liberals here, you should find something that's truly representative of the left-wing.
I’ve long believed in a “political donut”, where the farther left you go, the more you resemble those going the farthest right, and vice versa. They all start believing in anarchy, conspiracy theories, misanthropy, and so on.
  #452  
Old 10-01-2019, 07:22 AM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 13,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
That's awesome. Good for that guy.

Wonder why he didn't just turn a blind eye and say "Not my problem"?
  #453  
Old 10-01-2019, 07:56 AM
SlackerInc's Avatar
SlackerInc is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 13,250
Could it beee...that a pregnant woman was sobbing and telling him she was being held against her will? Nah, that couldn’t be it.

  #454  
Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 63,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
I’ve long believed in a “political donut”, where the farther left you go, the more you resemble those going the farthest right, and vice versa. They all start believing in anarchy, conspiracy theories, misanthropy, and so on.
If you are trying to make a case that being in the middle is the right way to go, let us not forget what is in the middle of a donut.
Nothing.
  #455  
Old 10-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Chingon is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the hypersphere
Posts: 970
Yes, I certainly believe his "kid" is the reason he reposted pro-Trump forward glurge.
  #456  
Old 10-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Atamasama's Avatar
Atamasama is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
If you are trying to make a case that being in the middle is the right way to go, let us not forget what is in the middle of a donut.
Nothing.
No way man, glazed donut holes are delicious.
  #457  
Old 10-01-2019, 10:23 AM
manson1972's Avatar
manson1972 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 13,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerInc View Post
Could it beee...that a pregnant woman was sobbing and telling him she was being held against her will? Nah, that couldn’t be it.

Well, as long as human trafficking victims aren't pregnant and crying, I guess everything is kosher!

I wouldn't let a little thing like "transporting eastern european women from a strip club to a hotel is a clear marker for human trafficking" get in the way of "Not pregnant and crying - not my problem!"

  #458  
Old 10-01-2019, 05:37 PM
SlackerInc's Avatar
SlackerInc is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 13,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Well, as long as human trafficking victims aren't pregnant and crying, I guess everything is kosher!

I wouldn't let a little thing like "transporting eastern european women from a strip club to a hotel is a clear marker for human trafficking" get in the way of "Not pregnant and crying - not my problem!"


Then why don’t you go down to the nearest strip club in your area and do something about it? I’m not in any special position. If I am wrong not to intervene, then so are you, and so is everyone here who lives in or near a city that has a strip club.

In fact, you are in a much better position. If I refuse to take someone to a destination they have paid to go to, I could lose my job. What’s your excuse?

ETA: Chingon is just trolling now. I took them seriously that they might actually think I was pro Trump and posted extensive evidence to the contrary; but after doing so they continue to spew nonsense so it is not sincere.

Last edited by SlackerInc; 10-01-2019 at 05:41 PM.
  #459  
Old 03-24-2020, 09:04 PM
TroutMan's Avatar
TroutMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
Why am I not shocked that SlackerInc doesn't believe what a woman says, and assumes her change of heart must be for some other reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
[Moderating]
This, however, is over the line. If you have a problem with a poster personally, take it to the Pit. This is a Warning for personal insults.
If I had to finally get a warning here, I'm at least glad it was for insulting that sniveling misogynist.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017