View Poll Results: How's your self-quarantine dining going?
Our eating habits have not changed 33 31.43%
We're cooking at home more 52 49.52%
We're getting takeout/delivery more 13 12.38%
We're not self-quarantining 0 0%
Something else 7 6.67%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2020, 07:26 AM

Brussel sprouts, tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper, then air-fried were delicious. Served with grilled salmon and baked yams. Not bad.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:19 PM

I smoked a chicken and had we it with carrots and mashed potatoes. Tonight is that meal again as leftovers, but with barbecue sauce on the chicken. Tomorrow, I’ll make a shepherd’s pie with some of the ground lamb we have in the freezer. We haven’t had any bread in about a week, we’ll probably try to make a grocery run sometime tomorrow or Friday.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:19 PM
Charter Member

I normally prepare meals at home. Before the pandemic, we'd eat at a restaurant up to once a week. Now I'm cooking all of the meals at home.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:25 PM

I didn't vote, because I only started teleworking yesterday. I last went to the grocery store a week ago, and I kind of stocked up -- mind you, I live alone and I don't cook, so "stocking up" was some pasta and a lot of frozen food. Since then I've eaten at home more than I normally would, but I did hit the Burger King drive-through for lunch on Monday (and learned that the Crispy Chicken Sandwich is inferior to the Original Chicken Sandwich, as I'd always suspected).

Sometime yesterday, it occurred to me that it might not be a bad idea to start getting some delivery/takeout while the restaurants around here are still open. I meant to order Jimmy John's for lunch today, but ultimately didn't feel like getting dressed (heh). Tonight, though, I will be DoorDash-ing for dinner.