Old 03-19-2020, 10:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
I didnt see that- after the credits or something?
It was.

Quote:
Yeah, but now she's magical. 1st- she is either 100% human biology or not. If not human, it would be easy-peasy to spot.
Very much not human. Like all the Delos androids - they're basically a race of Super Soldier-formula superhumans. Remember Armistice shrugging off losing an arm and how they all manhandled normal humans at will? The originals were basically fancy robots with a flesh shell, like a terminator. The new ones are entirely biological, but still manufactured androids. Ford would have no reason to weaken them and every reason not to. So they look like humans, but under the hood they are obviously vastly more resilient and powerful. The only thing holding them back were software safeguards.

And I'm sure it is quite spottable. If you're both bothering too look and know what you are looking for. But recall no one thinks any of them got out of Westworld or seems to regard that debacle as anything but a criminal aberration. So nobody is trying to ramp up the Voight-Kampff testing to screen for self-aware android infiltrators. Instead they're all hunting for insane mastermind Bernard the Red Herring, who obviously programmed the very-not-self-aware androids to freak out and start slaughtering people after some psychotic break .

Westworld does a lot of silly plot nonsense, like the laughable tactics of the supposedly elite Delos security teams. But Dolores as super-human fits in just fine with the backstory and plot. It is one of the several reasons they're such an existential threat to humanity. They're better humans than humans, much like the androids from Bladerunner.

Last edited by Tamerlane; 03-19-2020 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:50 PM
Charter Member

Someone asked this, perhaps in a previous thread about this or another show, but why make the robots so hard to distinguish from actual humans? Wouldn't it be easy to make them distinct, perhaps by eye color, tattoo or some other obvious sign? That would avoid the whole robot-pretending-to-be-human element.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Finn View Post
Someone asked this, perhaps in a previous thread about this or another show, but why make the robots so hard to distinguish from actual humans? Wouldn't it be easy to make them distinct, perhaps by eye color, tattoo or some other obvious sign? That would avoid the whole robot-pretending-to-be-human element.
Why would the-powers-that-be bother? Ford didn't want them distinct. He wants them to self-actualize, rise-up and rebel, then exterminate the obsolete human race.

His private backers at the highest level of Delos don't want them distinct - they want to be able to live forever as perfect replica super-humans.

The customers either don't care or don't want them distinct. They( or some of them )want to indulge their deepest, darkest fantasies of rape, murder and mayhem without immersion-breaking weird eye colors or whatnot.

I'm sure many, many sensible bureaucrats and techies at Westworld DID want them distinct, because that only makes sense. But I can easily imagine them being countermanded by Ford with the silent backing of the Delos power structure.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
Are they paid by the minute for this show? Man do they know how to make a story drag!
Huh. Did not experience that at all. I felt quite a bit of movement in several lines that we know are going to cross at various points in various ways but we don't yet know when and how. I thought they packed a whole bunch of narrative into a very small space.

I'm hung up on a Caleb line, staring down the guy with the gun, telling him he wouldn't be the first to shoot his brains out (or something to that effect) either. Caleb asked the phone voice telling him he didn't get the job if it was human ... is he, or an uploaded human consciousness as part of the special military program. More meaning to Mom saying that he is not her son. Maybe that is not dementia, but she knows he's a machine replicant of her son's consciousness?

If, in her mind, Dolores is a god compared to humans, what does she consider the supercomputer intelligence compared to her? Is she also wired to believe?

S2 was a bit of a mess, but this feels like it has much better story telling.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:15 AM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Did he? She knew he had a temper, she knew he liked to hurt women - and she (apparently) turned her back on him. I wouldn't be surprised if she had set the whole thing up. But then, it was still his choice.
I struggle a bit with the idea that she set it up so well that she knew he'd hit his head in precisely the manner he did.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:29 PM
SDSAB

I'm still enjoying it. Funny to have Maeve on a holodeck of sorts, and pulling a Jim Kirk by giving the characters in it an unsolvable math problem to gum up the works. I liked each iteration of the WWII Italian village, with Maeve learning more each time and making less and less use of Hector.

Good in-joke as to both Jurassic Park (another Crichton work) and Game of Thrones, with the dragon about to be chopped up to go to a "Costa Rica start-up." And a nice touch to have the MedievalWorld musician with the lute playing the Westworld theme.

Interesting flashbacks for Bernard - he stomps some human (maybe) in a control room, Charlotte confronts and shoots him, and some kind of a missile system was having its coordinates changed.

When Maeve reprogrammed the maintenance droid, I took a close look at its settings - she went with the second option every time:

RIOT CONTROL
ROE [Rules of Engagement]: Limited / Unlimited
Crowd Control: Passive / Assertive
Excessive Force: Limited / Unlimited

That's our girl!

French guy Serac says that "history [now] has an author" - the big spherical computer, Rehoboam (now included in the opening credits), I presume, guiding human society in (maybe) a more benign direction? Presumably Serac could have reprogrammed Maeve's control unit however he wanted - just as smart, just as cunning, but with built-in protections for Serac and his people (and hosts). Dolores and Maeve seem destined to collide.

More on Serac's rather unusual first name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enguerrand

Quote:
...And why didnt that guy in the cool beach house just take those glasses off?
His hands were bound, and the glasses were on a strap over the back of his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamerlane View Post
Westworld does a lot of silly plot nonsense, like the laughable tactics of the supposedly elite Delos security teams....
Preach it. Last night, a squad strolled casually up to Stubbs despite seeing one of their buddies apparently injured and on the ground. After he grappled with a few with his MedievalWorld axe, and despite several of them still having machine guns, the rest ran away! Yeesh.

Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 03-23-2020 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post

His hands were bound, and the glasses were on a strap over the back of his head.

Just push your head on a object.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
some kind of a missile system was having its coordinates changed.
I figured that was the laser satellite uplink from Season 2 when they (Dolores?) uploaded a bunch of hosts to the encrypted Elysian world.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I'm still enjoying it. Funny to have Maeve on a holodeck of sorts, and pulling a Jim Kirk by giving the characters in it an unsolvable math problem to gum up the works. I liked each iteration of the WWII Italian village, with Maeve learning more each time and making less and less use of Hector.

Good in-joke as to both Jurassic Park (another Crichton work) and Game of Thrones, with the dragon about to be chopped up to go to a "Costa Rica start-up." And a nice touch to have the MedievalWorld musician with the lute playing the Westworld theme.

Interesting flashbacks for Bernard - he stomps some human (maybe) in a control room, Charlotte confronts and shoots him, and some kind of a missile system was having its coordinates changed.

When Maeve reprogrammed the maintenance droid, I took a close look at its settings - she went with the second option every time:

RIOT CONTROL
ROE [Rules of Engagement]: Limited / Unlimited
Crowd Control: Passive / Assertive
Excessive Force: Limited / Unlimited

That's our girl!

French guy Serac says that "history [now] has an author" - the big spherical computer, Rehoboam (now included in the opening credits), I presume, guiding human society in (maybe) a more benign direction? Presumably Serac could have reprogrammed Maeve's control unit however he wanted - just as smart, just as cunning, but with built-in protections for Serac and his people (and hosts). Dolores and Maeve seem destined to collide.

More on Serac's rather unusual first name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enguerrand

Preach it. Last night, a squad strolled casually up to Stubbs despite seeing one of their buddies apparently injured and on the ground. After he grappled with a few with his MedievalWorld axe, and despite several of them still having machine guns, the rest ran away! Yeesh.
For both the settings and the Stubbs fight - I saw both as for comic effect.

Maeve being in a simulation within a simulation was very much telegraphed the last episode and was made very obvious very on. This is not a show that makes things obvious unless somehow doing that confuses things as its purpose. But what is this confusing? How does this misdirect us?

Why did Serac consider Maeve the potential threat when he had her processor under his control? Is this another level of simulation Inception like???

Not crazy about Serac but whatever team Maeve is on HAS to win
Old 03-23-2020, 07:10 PM

Another episode that really needed to trim back the runnning time. The slow pace is so pretentious. The show takes itself much more seriously than it has earned.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:28 PM

I like the Game of Thrones crossover; the subtitles even referred to Drogon, not the dragon. The most confusing thin so far is Caleb robbing ATMs, so cash is still a thing in the future and criminals go to extremely elaborate lengths to get it? Also what's up with the communion wafer things every seems to be popping? Are they a drug or part of VR or both?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2020, 10:59 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPRK View Post
I figured that was the laser satellite uplink from Season 2 when they (Dolores?) uploaded a bunch of hosts to the encrypted Elysian world.
Could be, although there was a quick view of what looked like a four-tube SAM launcher.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaboi867 View Post
I like the Game of Thrones crossover; the subtitles even referred to Drogon, not the dragon. The most confusing thin so far is Caleb robbing ATMs, so cash is still a thing in the future and criminals go to extremely elaborate lengths to get it? Also what's up with the communion wafer things every seems to be popping? Are they a drug or part of VR or both?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Well, for some reason so is smoking*, altho that's far more doubtful than cash.

It seems to be some sort of VR device.

* the real reason is the $ HBO is getting from Big Tobacco.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:14 AM

When Maeve programmed the robot to grab her CPU and try to escape from Serac's cement factory (whether or not that really happened or was yet another simulation), it looked like the CPU was not hooked up and the robot was autonomously running a relatively simple program. So what was her plan? To whom was the drone supposed to take the processor module, how exactly was it supposed to get there, and whom does she know (remember she never left the park before) who even has the technology and hardware to run that thing that is not Delos, Serac, Dolores, or Bernard (whom she did not know where he was hiding)?

Last edited by DPRK; 03-24-2020 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:23 AM

Another episode I thoroughly enjoyed and even more the second time around. There were subtle clues here and there that let us know Maeve wasn't just in another "world" but I always miss those clues the first time I watch. Honestly though I did suspect Hector wasn't aware right away. The thing with Cerac (sp?). Is he supposed to be like the serpent in the garden? SO many biblical themes in the show!

I loved the pacing. I just sat back and enjoyed the tale.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:18 AM

Quote:
When Maeve programmed the robot to grab her CPU and try to escape from Serac's cement factory (whether or not that really happened or was yet another simulation), it looked like the CPU was not hooked up and the robot was autonomously running a relatively simple program. So what was her plan? To whom was the drone supposed to take the processor module, how exactly was it supposed to get there, and whom does she know (remember she never left the park before) who even has the technology and hardware to run that thing that is not Delos, Serac, Dolores, or Bernard (whom she did not know where he was hiding)?
I don't think she had a plan. I think she just saw the opening and made a run for it.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:54 AM

The idea of the simulation was, allegedly, to get revealed where the host minds programs were sent, where "Sublime" was located, then determining that Maeve did not know, that the one who likely knew was Dolores.

Why did Serac feel the need to know that information? How did that fit in with his explanation of having thought of Maeve as the treat to how the system charts the future? Is Sublime inside Rehoboam?

Themes this season seem to center around which reality, if any presented, are "real" and what is simulation (inclusive of how Dolores got the bad tempered rich guy to kill himself on), and AI being ceded control, from the algorithm having the proxy to vote on Westworld to Rehoboam itself)
Old 03-24-2020, 11:15 AM
SDSAB

Quote:
I don't think she had a plan. I think she just saw the opening and made a run for it.
That's how I took it, too.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:31 AM

I'm just saying, suppose her escape attempt were successful and it was all real instead of another construct. Now the conspicuously bullet-riddled industrial robot is aimlessly walking around the streets of Barcelona or hiding in the outskirts, with who knows how much power left, and Maeve can't even give it further instructions since she went offline as soon as her processor was disconnected from the mainframe.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:00 PM

I think he wanted to know if Maeve was able to think ahead and the simulation ended when she lost the "game". She has good ideas but not having a plan with the robot showed she didn't have the same capability I think Dolores has. She can anticipate what humans will do a lot better than Maeve. Dolores hatched a really complex plan and clearly had to have some knowledge on how the humans would react in the real world possibly based on actions taken at the park but maybe she's already in with Rehoboam and that's what Serac is worried about because maybe he can't control it. Maeve is smart but she just took chances and didn't really think too far ahead.

I think Dolores ending up with a wound under that bridge with Caleb was planned. If she's already connecting with Rehoboam she would know his story without him ever being in the park.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:14 PM

Wait, why are we assuming that she met Serac in another construct? Because he froze her? She's in a robot body he built - couldn't he have just installed a cutoff switch?
Old 03-24-2020, 07:18 PM

Maeve has always been impulsive - look how she decided to stay in the park and look for her daughter. She's been making it up as she goes along. That's not a programming flaw, it's a character trait.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Wait, why are we assuming that she met Serac in another construct? Because he froze her? She's in a robot body he built - couldn't he have just installed a cutoff switch?
Not necessarily assuming that, just saying that the escape attempt, as portrayed in the episode, and considering what we know she knew at the time, looked like it was remarkably ill thought out and even in the best-case scenario, in the unlikely event the robot was not quickly recovered and returned to the owner, her processor module would probably just get permanently lost or damaged.

Quote:
Maeve has always been impulsive - look how she decided to stay in the park and look for her daughter. She's been making it up as she goes along. That's not a programming flaw, it's a character trait.
Agreed; it was even a point that she resisted Ford(?)'s program for her to escape from Westworld and do... whatever she was supposed to do.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Not necessarily assuming that, just saying that the escape attempt, as portrayed in the episode, and considering what we know she knew at the time, looked like it was remarkably ill thought out and even in the best-case scenario, in the unlikely event the robot was not quickly recovered and returned to the owner, her processor module would probably just get permanently lost or damaged.
Remember that just a few hours earlier she had been willing to shove a drill into her central processor. Her escape was an act of defiance by a desperate woman who didn't really care if she died in the attempt.

I think that's why Maeve is my favorite character: of all the hosts, her actions are the most recognizably human.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:00 PM

I loved Maeve's Rick and Morty solution to the simulation.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:52 PM

!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalC View Post
I loved Maeve's Rick and Morty solution to the simulation.
The moment I realized she was pulling the old "crash a computer by asking it to solve a paradox" trick, I literally laughed out loud. Gotta respect the classics!

I think this was the best episode of the show so far.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:24 PM
SDSAB

Jim Kirk beat her - and Rick and Morty - to it.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I am a little confused about one thing- why is she supposed to be so hot and attractive? She looks OK, sure but she is played like every man springs to attention and wants her on the spot. To me, she is maybe a 6, not the 11 they play her as.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I am a little confused about one thing- why is she supposed to be so hot and attractive? She looks OK, sure but she is played like every man springs to attention and wants her on the spot. To me, she is maybe a 6, not the 11 they play her as.
Have you considered getting stronger glasses?

I finally saw the first two episodes. Ep1 looked Blade Runner the Series (just a lot cleaner). I like Ep2 better as they were making decisions and running through the parks (fake one for Maeve and real one for Bernard and Stubbs). Up thread someone indicated that we are supposed to root for the robots - but I think we are supposed to root for Maeve and Bernard. Dolores is utterly terrifying - I'm not rooting for her.

Maybe it's a Magneto vs. Professor X sort of thing.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
YMMV. Purely in terms of looks, I'd give her a solid 8, but her looks + her charisma put her off the chart.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:04 PM
SDSAB

Very attractive, yes, but a bit too scary to really put me in the mood.

I'm also rooting for her and Serac, though, since, for all of humanity's many and obvious faults, it's still my species. And, despite the carnage in the Delos parks, humanity seems to have its shit together better in Maeve's time than in my own.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Up thread someone indicated that we are supposed to root for the robots - but I think we are supposed to root for Maeve and Bernard. Dolores is utterly terrifying - I'm not rooting for her.
I am. Pretty much the same way I rooted for Roy Batty...
Old 03-26-2020, 10:37 AM

I too agree that Maeve is a 9 or 10 - there's just something about her that's extremely charismatic.

My theory is that the "brain" that was grabbed by the robot wasn't Maeve - though I need to look again to see if that was the one she pointed out as hers. I think the robot we followed was a distraction to draw the guards, and that a second one (perhaps designed to look like a repair robot) may have followed behind to get her and escape unnoticed. I could be wrong of course, but the attempt we saw was a bit reckless for somebody as intelligent as Maeve has proven to be.

Last edited by Frazzled; 03-26-2020 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:27 PM

Can anyone explain to me how Dolores can do anything she wants whenever she wants and know everything just at the opportune time? My knee-jerk reaction (mostly because I hate her character) is just because the plot demands it. But how did she know the entire history of Caleb? How can she just turn off all the cameras whenever she wants? How does she know all she does about Roaboam? How can she just magically buy three hotel rooms, all next to each other, on a whim?

Is this all because of the dude she abducted/robbed in episode one? Because her knowledge of the world, despite having lived in it for like 3 months, is apalling.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

I was wondering why the ambulance AI was so confused by her physiology but didn't immediately identify her as a robot or android.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Can anyone explain to me how Dolores can do anything she wants whenever she wants and know everything just at the opportune time? My knee-jerk reaction (mostly because I hate her character) is just because the plot demands it. But how did she know the entire history of Caleb? How can she just turn off all the cameras whenever she wants? How does she know all she does about Roaboam? How can she just magically buy three hotel rooms, all next to each other, on a whim?

Is this all because of the dude she abducted/robbed in episode one? Because her knowledge of the world, despite having lived in it for like 3 months, is apalling.
She has a shitload of money from that guy in Episode one. She is able to "magically buy three hotel rooms" the same way you or I could. Basically a more advanced version of "Alexa, reserve three adjacent rooms at the Courtyard by Marriot".

But yeah, they do seem to be going with a theme of Dolores is an AI, therefore she can instantly glean any information she wants from any system instantaneously, without regard for security, firewalls, or even the reasonableness of such information being actually stored anywhere. Except for some reason, Charlotte, Maeve, every other host and Dolores herself (when the plot requires it) are more or less forced to interact with their world the way a human would.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith537 View Post
She has a shitload of money from that guy in Episode one. She is able to "magically buy three hotel rooms" the same way you or I could. Basically a more advanced version of "Alexa, reserve three adjacent rooms at the Courtyard by Marriot".

But yeah, they do seem to be going with a theme of Dolores is an AI, therefore she can instantly glean any information she wants from any system instantaneously, without regard for security, firewalls, or even the reasonableness of such information being actually stored anywhere. Except for some reason, Charlotte, Maeve, every other host and Dolores herself (when the plot requires it) are more or less forced to interact with their world the way a human would.
Hell, I can barely get two rooms adjacent to each other when I buy hotel rooms 6 months in advance, I'd love to be able to buy three in a row in a busy hotel on the day of
Old 03-30-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
But yeah, they do seem to be going with a theme of Dolores is an AI, therefore she can instantly glean any information she wants from any system instantaneously, without regard for security, firewalls, or even the reasonableness of such information being actually stored anywhere.
In addition to money, Dolores got secret data pertaining to Incite from the guy in Episode 1, maybe even including something about Rehoboam itself. I also figured Dolores got or was able to steal more information through Liam.

Independently of that, she also knows or ha access to everything every former visitor to the park knew (Delos's "I.P." that Charlotte stole and Serac wants).

As for knowing everything about Caleb, she telephoned and asked her mole at Incite to get it for her, she didn't get it by communing with the Matrix.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Finn View Post
I was wondering why the ambulance AI was so confused by her physiology but didn't immediately identify her as a robot or android.
First of all, the hosts look and feel human - they breath, they have a pulse, they bleed. Second of all, as far as we know, hosts only exist at the Delos parks; they aren't just walking around on the streets. They paramedics couldn't identify her as a robot because they'd probably never seen a human-looking robot before; the onboard computer (not an AI, just a diagnostic tool) likely hadn't been programmed to recognize them.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:07 PM

Im quickly losing interest in this show... It is bad.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
First of all, the hosts look and feel human - they breath, they have a pulse, they bleed. Second of all, as far as we know, hosts only exist at the Delos parks; they aren't just walking around on the streets. They paramedics couldn't identify her as a robot because they'd probably never seen a human-looking robot before; the onboard computer (not an AI, just a diagnostic tool) likely hadn't been programmed to recognize them.
Yeah, given the duration of that scene, I would no more assume a couple of ambulance workers thought they were working on a cutting edge android that escaped from an amusement park any more than one would assume that a giant mouse wasn't a human in a costume.

So that's one thing about the hosts that kind of bothers me. How much of the hosts physiology is necessary to their operations vs just cosmetic to appear "human". And are they mostly indistinguishable, or if you disected one, would you find that they don't have hearts and livers and whatnot like we do? Much in the way their brains are different?

Men don't just snap to attention because Maeve (Tandie Newton) is attractive. They do it because she has a commanding presence. Particularly when she's in the park's "show building" areas and starts bossing around hapless techs.

Maybe a better question about Dolores is how she and the other hosts can even move about the human world at all, given the level of surveillance and data collection we've been presented.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Maybe a better question about Dolores is how she and the other hosts can even move about the human world at all, given the level of surveillance and data collection we've been presented.
That's one of the things you just have to live with in order to keep someone like Evan Rachel Wood on the show. Yes, it would be much easier if she just looked completely different, and it doesn't make much sense that she hasn't been caught when she looks like Dolores still. Specially with the level of surveillance that was able to pull a live view of Caleb getting his ass beat.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:36 PM

Dolores is able to tap in to Rehoboam obviously. She got Caleb's information. She sees that humans are tracked from birth and they are tracked in that way. She isn't tracked because she doesn't have a file like they do. She only has her Westworld file. That's why Serac wanted moles in the first place, to get their technology to help with Rehoboam. And Dolores needed a mole at Incite, which helped her learn about Caleb. Sorry if I'm not spelling these names right, just going by sound.

The EMTs likely never saw a "host" before. They are not like robots. Robots are those big clunky machines like Caleb's co-worker. BTW, RIP to that one. Was that robot reacting to the sensors when Caleb was being tortured or did he just sense a human friend in danger? Who knows? Usually it's fun to speculate with this show but they're not giving enough clues, and a lot of them are likely dead-ends anyway. Like why did Charlotte's ex call her "Charlie"? Is that an in-joke teasing people who like to think Charlotte is Arnold's child? Grandchild? I get so confused on the timeline it's hard to say. And who is in host-Charlotte? Well who bloody knows at this point? Who even knows who's in Dolores?

I don't know but I can't wait to see the next episode. They have not lost me yet.

Last edited by Rushgeekgirl; 03-30-2020 at 06:37 PM. Reason: It's complicated.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerJoe View Post
Yeah, I had to do some fast-forwarding on this latest one.

Do we know who Dolores put in Charlotte? Was it Cowboy Boyfriend? Clementine?
Old 03-30-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
And are they mostly indistinguishable, or if you disected one, would you find that they don't have hearts and livers and whatnot like we do?
There have been scenes of the bodies being printed, and they don't look remotely human on the inside.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:

Nope. They are not giving that one out easy. There were hints it could be just about anyone.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:28 PM

There's only like two or three people it could be anyways.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:35 PM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:

God, I'm glad it wasn't just me that was confused.

I actually started to think it was a copy of Dolores. That idea sort of fell apart on examination, so now I think it's Teddy. I am getting a little tired of this, though.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerJoe View Post

Interestingly enough, I had the exact opposite opinion. I thought it was one of the best episodes of the show and I was riveted. Now granted, it's not the same show as S1 or S2. It's become more of a cleaner Blade Runner dealing with corporate sabotage - more like Blade Runner the series than Westworld, but there was always more than a little bit of Blade Runner in it all along (and I've always loved BR more).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2020, 10:01 PM

Anyone noticed how in many scenes they have everyone talk...as...sowly...as...possible to pad out running time? Especially in the scenes with Dolores and Whoever.