Old 01-04-2020, 11:09 AM

West Virginia's dumbest lawyer, defender of women: Biden, Wife-Beating and "Rule of Thumb"

Joe Biden repeats a debunked myth about domestic violence, which is dumb, to underline a larger point about domestic violence. Dumbass finds it outrageous and dangerous to suggest that women of the past had it worse with respect to domestic violence. Dangerous.

This is the same dumbass who defended, "Grab 'em by the pussy," because, "and they let you do it," tacked on at the end despite several women coming forward and saying that they did not let him do it.

This is the same moron who said that even if Dr. Ford's claims about Kavanaugh were true, that kind of thing was called, "Trying to get laid," back in the '80s.

What an absolutely disgusting trash bag.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:15 PM

He probably got it from Warren Farrell, disgusting father of the MRA movement, who claimed, "Before we called it date rape, it was "having a good time."
Old 01-04-2020, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

Hes so dumb, he probably thinks the slogan You cant beat a West Virginia woman is about sports.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:36 PM

There's a ton of underlying MRA bullshit in his posts.

Absolutely disgusting.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:05 PM

He knows what he's doing. He'll keep baiting posters to rack up warnings until he finally flies too close to the sun and gets banned/martyred.

Last edited by Chingon; 01-04-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingon View Post
He knows what he's doing. He'll keep baiting posters to rack up warnings until he finally flies too close to the sun and gets banned/martyred.
Oh, so hes playing four dimensional chess.

Or, hes an idiot.

Im going with the simplest explanation being the most likely.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margin View Post
He probably got it from Warren Farrell, disgusting father of the MRA movement, who claimed, "Before we called it date rape, it was "having a good time."
Sexual violence, or maybe sexual"violence," is perfectly fine, but domestic violence? Heavens no! No one does that! Not in 300 years!
Old 01-04-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Oh, so he’s playing four dimensional chess.

Or, he’s an idiot.

I’m going with the simplest explanation being the most likely.
I mean you don't have to Super Dave Osborne to figure out how this place works.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:45 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

"To be Super Dave"? No can do anyway, since he dead.

Wish I had seen that this thread had been revived. It might've saved me a warn..nah, I'd have still insulted him anyway. He begs for it.

Last edited by dropzone; 01-04-2020 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:03 PM

Whenever we poke fun of West Virginia, as we are gently doing in the "Stupid Republican idea...." thread today, it always reminds me anew what a moron UV is.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:59 AM

I still can't believe this guy is a lawyer. His arguments are always so terrible. Here he is in the latest abortion thread (yay! Another abortion thread! This time, the other side will be convinced.):

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...&postcount=124

He seems to argue that, if abortion is legal but fetuses are considered persons then the conclusion must be that all humans were originally unwanted, or something ridiculous like that.

thorny locust immediately blows holes in UV's argument, of course. Can you imagine being a judge or juror when he comes in with these ridiculous arguments and strawmen? I wonder how many eye injuries there have been from all the eye rolling.

And, as an aside, Velocity is no brainiac either. Not just from that thread, but from many of his threads. I'd pit him, but I'm bad at starting pit threads.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Charter Member

Dumb WV lawyer doesn't understand how new FL law works.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 02-05-2020 at 02:47 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old 02-07-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
That thread is excellent! I'd guess that more than half of it is childhood anti-school songs. Why wouldn't he post that in GD? I guess he can't figure out the law and he can't figure out how this message board works.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
I think part of it is that he is the President of the United States. Other politicians can go into self-quarantine, but that isn't a realistic option for this or any president. If there is panic now, what will happen if the President is shown to be hiding in a bunker?

I understand that a reasonable response would be how bad would the panic be if the President got the virus and died, but I think that is where the line in the sand is drawn. Someone has to show leadership (and it doesn't matter whether anyone thinks it is poor leadership) and the President must be that person, even at the risk to his own health.
Hey, check out this fucking dumb ass.

Self-quarantine is not about the risk to your own health, it's about the risk you pose to other people, you fucking nit wit.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Turbo View Post
Hey, check out this fucking dumb ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires (https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...6#post22186906)
I think part of it is that he is the President of the United States. Other politicians can go into self-quarantine, but that isn't a realistic option for this or any president. If there is panic now, what will happen if the President is shown to be hiding in a bunker?

I understand that a reasonable response would be how bad would the panic be if the President got the virus and died, but I think that is where the line in the sand is drawn. Someone has to show leadership (and it doesn't matter whether anyone thinks it is poor leadership) and the President must be that person, even at the risk to his own health.
Self-quarantine is not about the risk to your own health, it's about the risk you pose to other people, you fucking nit wit.
And, hey, Justin Trudeau is in quarantine right now, and he's prime minister of Canada. Unlike Trump, he's leading by example.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

Look who completely missed the point about social distancing among certain public figures.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I mean, should I stay six feet away from my wife and daughter at all times?
I wonder if we'd get a different answer if we asked them?
Old 03-17-2020, 05:19 PM

It's not so much the things he doesn't understand, it's the effort he puts into not understand those things that guarantees that he will remain, until his last breath, West Virginia's dumbest lawyer.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrustus View Post
I wonder if we'd get a different answer if we asked them?
Them? You're assuming a lot. It's West Virginia: wife and daughter may be the same person.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:34 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

And he proves it once again.

Quote:
I think the idea is that we don't care if you "deserve" it or not, we want that money out in the economy so that people aren't hunkering down and saving thereby not creating economic activity.

So, if you are in a pinch now, this money will help you. If you still have a job and are not hurting, maybe you are fearful and watching your pennies. If you have some extra, then maybe you will order takeout from restaurants or buy a flat screen TV on Amazon or otherwise stimulate the economy.

I think that is the idea anyways. Haven't thought about it enough to have an opinion on it.
And yet he gives an opinion.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:52 PM

I had no idea this thread was for UltraVires. I figured he's too idiotic to waste opening a new thread on, so I'll just add this here:

UltraVires isn't just an idiotic parrot of stupid ideas, he also is either too cowardly or too dense to defend the shit he spews.

Scratch that, let me try again.

... he is BOTH too cowardly AND too stupid to defend the stupidity he spews.

In this thread, this thread, and now in this thread, he simply stops posting when he's asked questions or his points get refuted. I'm sure once could have been accident, twice maybe he's forgetful, but now it certainly seems like anytime his feet are held to the fire, he simply runs away.

TLDR: He's not just an idiot, he's a coward and an idiot.

Last edited by Hamlet; 03-26-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
I had no idea this thread was for UltraVires. I figured he's too idiotic to waste opening a new thread on, so I'll just add this here:

UltraVires isn't just an idiotic parrot of stupid ideas, he also is either too cowardly or too dense to defend the shit he spews.

Scratch that, let me try again.

... he is BOTH too cowardly AND too stupid to defend the stupidity he spews.

In this thread, this thread, and now in this thread, he simply stops posting when he's asked questions or his points get refuted. I'm sure once could have been accident, twice maybe he's forgetful, but now it certainly seems like anytime his feet are held to the fire, he simply runs away.

TLDR: He's not just an idiot, he's a coward and an idiot.
Oh yeah. That's a recurring pattern.

He posts some dumb ass shit. A bunch of people take the time to show that he is unquestionably factually wrong. He slinks away without a word. And then...

He posts that same dumb ass shit in a different thread three months later.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Yeah. I couldn't even respond. How do you respond to somebody who clearly does not want to understand the situation?
Old 03-28-2020, 03:05 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Witt View Post
Yeah. I couldn't even respond. How do you respond to somebody who clearly does not want to understand the situation?

Are you asksing about UltraVires or Trump and his supporters?
Old 03-29-2020, 06:32 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

In a thread about a company that plans on taking it's employees' stimulus checks, WVDL proves he has an evil side.

Quote:
It sounds to me like this company is seeing the economy tank and is taking steps to save these employees' jobs instead of laying them off. But for some reason people want their heads on pikes for doing it.
Also completely ignores that the company is planning to take half of the dependents' checks as well.

Last edited by running coach; 03-29-2020 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:09 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
WVDL

I swear I looked at this and automatically read it as "UltraVires".