Old 10-13-2017, 07:45 PM
BANNED

She took his money.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by up_the_junction View Post
She took his money.
...and you are posting on a message board.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
She took his money.
If she believed there was no chance of success in reporting it to the cops, then she behaved reasonably.

Put it this way - if a rich white businessman raped a black woman in 1920 Birmingham, Alabama, would you blame her or criticize her if she took money to keep quiet rather than report it to the police?
Old 10-14-2017, 09:35 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
If she believed there was no chance of success in reporting it to the cops, then she behaved reasonably.
Ridiculous. She has a lawyer. She protects all women in the future.

Instead, what did she buy herself - a new car, a big shopping spree? You go girl!
Old 10-14-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:

Put it this way - if a rich white businessman raped a black woman in 1920 Birmingham, Alabama, would you blame her or criticize her if she took money to keep quiet rather than report it to the police?
How about any time in human history prior to ca. 19th century when slavery was pretty universally accepted and the women was a slave? How about if now but the woman was before and after the attack literally imprisoned illegally in the attacker's basement? IOW at some extreme the question answers itself (why she didn't go to the police?? because she was held legally as a slave or illegally in his basement). But these actresses etc sexually attacked or harassed by Weinstein were not slaves, illegal captives, or even Southern black women in 1920.

I think the problem is the common one of false logic, zero sum accounting of blame. If we know for a fact Weinstein committed particular acts of sexual assault or harassment, then he's guilty of those, period. If the accusers undermined their moral position by taking hush money or having subsequent consensual relations with Weinstein (as at least one admits to, not McGowan AFAIK) that doesn't make him less guilty. But it's still reasonable to take that into account in our view of them, and perhaps by extension the (sub)culture they belong too, one which makes a big point of lecturing others from an assumed position of moral superiority based on post-modern secular morality it tends to make up as it goes along.

The only way the two things interact directly is if we don't actually know the exact circumstances of the accused assaulter/harasser's alleged offenses. Then the subsequent behavior of the alleged victims might be used to infer nuances in the actual circumstances. That's often true, although here I'm satisfied Weinstein is a complete pig. The fact that accusers took hush money or had sex with him voluntarily later or in general tried to remain in his good graces doesn't serve as any mitigating factor in his favor IMO.

But it's not entirely irrelevant to my view of the various accusers. The world is full of harsh realities and this is one of them. It's tough to risk a lucrative career standing up for what one views as right, but it can't be put in the same category as literally sacrificing one's life, and it's not fair to victims who did disassociate themselves with this guy (as some apparently did) at possible cost to career (that's hard to nail down but not incredible) to view them exactly the same way as ones who played along.

Last edited by Corry El; 10-14-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Ridiculous. She has a lawyer. She protects all women in the future.

Instead, what did she buy herself - a new car, a big shopping spree? You go girl!
No.

Instead, she pays her bills, keeps a roof over her head and food in the fridge because you can be damn sure she didn’t have people beating down her door to hire her once she told people what happened. A young actress starting it doesn’t take on someone like Weinstein and come out ahead.

At some point, the realization that outing yourself as a victim is not the sexy, money-loaded cachet people seem to think it is. It’s ugly, and changes the way people look at you and treat you, whether they are aware of it or not.

I refer to it as similar to clearing a mine field by walking across it. It will hurt, a lot, and it will suck, a lot, but hopefully if you clear a few, the person that follows you and reports won’t have to clear those same mines.

Last edited by Poysyn; 10-14-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiboronti View Post
Story here.

What a creep. But no surprises, this is what Hollywood producers have done since the dawn of the movies. High time it stopped.

Had to add that I love the movies he's backed but he doesn't get a pass because of that.
I wonder who he gave political money to?
Old 10-14-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver lining View Post
I wonder who he gave political money to?
You do? Luckily, there's a readily available source of information for this kind of thing. You might have heard of the Internet - it can be a great way to answer such questions.

If you need more help, please let us know.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poysyn View Post
No.

Instead, she pays her bills, keeps a roof over her head and food in the fridge because you can be damn sure she didn’t have people beating down her door to hire her once she told people what happened. A young actress starting it doesn’t take on someone like Weinstein and come out ahead.

At some point, the realization that outing yourself as a victim is not the sexy, money-loaded cachet people seem to think it is. It’s ugly, and changes the way people look at you and treat you, whether they are aware of it or not.

I refer to it as similar to clearing a mine field by walking across it. It will hurt, a lot, and it will suck, a lot, but hopefully if you clear a few, the person that follows you and reports won’t have to clear those same mines.
I'm sorry but this is fucking pathetic.

You don't 'out yourself as a victim' you go to the police and report a crime. Even the terminology of 'out yourself as a victim' is utter lunacy.

WTF is going on in the USA?
Old 10-14-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
You don't 'out yourself as a victim' you go to the police and report a crime. Even the terminology of 'out yourself as a victim' is utter lunacy.
Why don't women living where "honor killing" is practiced simply go to the authorities, or even to their family members, and report that they've been assaulted?

Oh, yeah: because they will be blamed, (and, not incidentally, killed).

Isn't it nice that you live in a world in which women aren't shamed, or worse, when they report being sexually harassed or assaulted? Very, very nice. So nice.

Too bad it's not the real world.

Thread on my books (inexpensive gifts!) https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=866609
Old 10-14-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:

Maybe some women, quite reasonably, feel that reporting crimes like this from powerful men will make their lives considerably worse?
Old 10-14-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:

...this is not fucking pathetic.

Ambra Battilana Gutierrez went to the police. In 2016. They conducted a sting operation. And they caught him on tape. And the DA killed the investigation. The crime was reported and nothing happened. NBC killed this story, as did others. The Weinstein Company and Miramax kept this quiet for decades using threats, lawsuits and payouts to shut people down.

This is a huge fucking story. Weinstein is most certainly guilty of sexual harassment, is probably guilty of sexual assault, and may well be guilty of rape. It is impressive that you have been able to direct your ire in this thread at the victim of this despicable person and not the despicable person himself. Well done you.

Quote:
Sexual assault victims being scared to go to the authorities is most certainly not a uniquely USA problem. It happens in the United Kingdom. It happens in Australia. It happens all over the world. Clean up your own backyard before you complain about somebody elses.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:

I am not in the USA.

Also, I think it’s awesome you have never had to deal with this reality, don’t speak about it casually like you have any clue, because clearly you do not.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquet Bear View Post
Ambra Battilana Gutierrez went to the police. In 2016. They conducted a sting operation. And they caught him on tape. And the DA killed the investigation. The crime was reported and nothing happened. NBC killed this story, as did others. The Weinstein Company and Miramax kept this quiet for decades using threats, lawsuits and payouts to shut people down.

This is a huge fucking story. Weinstein is most certainly guilty of sexual harassment, is probably guilty of sexual assault, and may well be guilty of rape.
If what you brought up about the NYC investigation being quashed by the DA, Cyrus Vance, Jr., is true, we've gone beyond Weinstein's alleged acts of sexual assault/rape and into bribery and obstruction of justice.

Last FM Library Thing
Old 10-14-2017, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

Just ducking in to post this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...nstein-1048914

Quote:
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has expelled disgraced mogul Harvey Weinstein from its ranks.
Geez, whatever will the Awards Season pundits do without Harvey to use as a go-to "It's all HIS fault!" punching bag?
Old 10-14-2017, 08:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Now that the AMPAS has thrown Harvey out, can we FINALLY take Clarence Thomas off the Supreme Court?
Old 10-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDP View Post
If what you brought up about the NYC investigation being quashed by the DA, Cyrus Vance, Jr., is true, we've gone beyond Weinstein's alleged acts of sexual assault/rape and into bribery and obstruction of justice.
Prosecutors have broad prosecutorial discretion. Unless you can make a direct link between Weinstein pressuring Vance and him dropping the case, then what he did might be unsavory but it's legally above board.

It's worthwhile noting though that this is the same Cyrus Vance Jr who dropped the case against Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump around Trump SoHo after receiving a campaign donation from Trump's family lawyer.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:02 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
...says the guy from the country that gave us Jimmy Saville.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:38 AM
BANNED

I'm hoping you know the difference between children and responsible adults.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poysyn View Post
I am not in the USA.

Also, I think it’s awesome you have never had to deal with this reality, don’t speak about it casually like you have any clue, because clearly you do not.
Which isn't to say you're not American. As an observation, I've never met a Canadian who would say 'out yourself as a victim' with a straight face.

Look, by taking his money, she chose to be complicit in her abuse, and the subsequent abuse of numerous women. Contrast that with the Italian woman who went to the police and wore a wire <<< that is a normal, socially-responsible, self-respecting respone.

Last edited by up_the_junction; 10-15-2017 at 05:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Look, by taking his money, she chose to be complicit in her abuse, and the subsequent abuse of numerous women. Contrast that with the Italian woman who went to the police and wore a wire.
...the "Italian woman" has a name you know. This is what happened to Ambra Battilana Gutierrez after she went to the police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Telegraph
She said she was crucified by the US tabloid press as a publicity seeker after she accused Weinstein of groping her breasts and putting his hand up her skirt during a meeting at his office in 2015.

She said that after making a complaint to the NYPD, she was portrayed as a blackmailer in the press – and paid the consequences.

“For months I didn’t work. Even restaurants in Soho (in New York) where the fashion world hang out closed their doors to me. I was unwelcome. It is right that women are denouncing him, even after all this time. I’m nauseated by how many there are. What happened to me really put my view of the world to the test.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ng-harassment/

She did everything you demand. She went to the police. She reported. She was not believed. The police did jack shit. She was shamed by the press, she was called a publicity seeker, a blackmailer. She lost work. And Harvey just kept on going. This is the fate of the whistleblower. Those that spoke out had their lives destroyed even more than the ones who kept quiet.

Quote:
I'm hoping you know the difference between children and responsible adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegraph
But most of those who had been raped or sexually assaulted (83 per cent) failed to report it to police, and 29 per cent did not even tell friends or family what had happened.

Overall about half said they would be too embarrassed or ashamed of the incident to admit it but two-thirds said they would hesitate because of low conviction rates.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ey-claims.html

It happens in your backyard, whether or not you accept that or not.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Which isn't to say you're not American. As an observation, I've never met a Canadian who would say 'out yourself as a victim' with a straight face.

Look, by taking his money, she chose to be complicit in her abuse, and the subsequent abuse of numerous women. Contrast that with the Italian woman who went to the police and wore a wire <<< that is a normal, socially-responsible, self-respecting respone.
Thank you for continuing to demonstrate a crucial aspect of rape culture - if victims don't act in a specific certain way, they're not really victims.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:57 AM

Sometimes people take the carrot because they're afraid of the stick.

Last edited by Alessan; 10-15-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:38 AM

The problem is rampant consequence free raping and assaulting for many years, not that some victims don't go to the police.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:44 AM

Good article in the New Yorker. Not that I expect the victim-blamers to read it

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/ji...-in-their-acts

And the truth is, in a large city like New York or LA, the police aren't going to expend much time and effort on a single incident of misdemeanor harassment or forcible touching - especially if there are no witnesses, no injuries and it's a "he said she said" situation. You're dealing with police precincts that handle dozens of serious and even life-threatening assaults every day. And police officers that are jaded and sometimes assholes. It's just not going to be a priority.

I remember an incident that made the news where some guy exposed himself to a woman on the subway. And she managed to photograph it. And she went to the police, just like all the public service announcements tell you to do. And she was literally laughed at for coming to a police station to show "dick pics" to the cops. They told her to go away and stop bothering them, it wasn't a police matter. Then she called the local news station, only after that was she taken seriously.

And even if by some miracle you get it prosecuted, the penalty will probably be some kind of insignificant fine and maybe a little community service.

And you will be accused of making it up, of extortion, of being vindictive. And you'll risk destroying your career and the investment you made in your career.

And your sexual and personal history will be put on display and ridiculed. Going to the police is not the way to get any sort of justice.

And these women did not keep quiet at the time . Now YOU and I only heard about this last week but they told their agents, their producers, their friends and fellow actors. They told Miramax. They told lots of people.

And the truth is that a single incident of casting couch malfeasance isn't going to provoke a lot of outrage or get a lot of attention, except among the close friends and family of the victim. The outrage is in the pervasiveness and the pattern which the individual victims may not even be aware of. Until it reaches the sort of critical mass that it did and explodes.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 10-15-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Thank you for continuing to demonstrate a crucial aspect of rape culture - if victims don't act in a specific certain way, they're not really victims.
Absolutely agree.

I am not going to apologize for not acting the way you expect victims to act. You don’t get to dictate how I (or anyone else) decide how to manage my trauma in order to survive.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
People blame rape victims because they don't respond in the approved manner. It's fucking horrible and we should all be ashamed that people like that still exist. Thank you for calling attention to this terrible issue, hopefully we can keep working at it so some day hateful rape apologists like that cease to exist and we can be a much better country.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:

Am I missing something here? Your statement "by taking his money" was the a result of a lawsuit and not capitulation. weinstein was legally held to account for his actions.

This was about abuse of power and not sexual assault. The sexual aspect of it was secondary. weinstein could have saved himself a fortune in lawsuits by buying prostitutes. If you set aside those who were sexually assaulted by him there are certainly many more people who had their careers ruined because they didn't worship at his alter.

Last edited by Magiver; 10-15-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:21 AM

Courtney Love warning women about Harvey back in 2005.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:55 PM
Charter Member

Not sure if this has been linked to already, but here's a good contribution by actress and director Sarah Polley.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Charter Member

I was wondering if our British dopers can chime in with any leading figures in British entertainment that could give old Harvey (and Bob) Weinstein a lesson in bad behavior? I know about Jimmy Saville, so are there any other British directors, producers, etc., with sexual harassment/assault claims against them?
Old 10-18-2017, 07:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by medstar View Post
I was wondering if our British dopers can chime in with any leading figures in British entertainment that could give old Harvey (and Bob) Weinstein a lesson in bad behavior? I know about Jimmy Saville, so are there any other British directors, producers, etc., with sexual harassment/assault claims against them?
Sure: Alfred fucking Hitchcock. I love his movies that asshole.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:

She "took his money..." any further details you may have on the circumstances thereof? A young actress in 1997 (24, with a few named and credited scenes under her belt) did not take it to the hilt against Harvey Fucking Weinstein? Who by 1997 already had Pulp Fiction under his belt and a whole, slew of other credits, Im guessing he was a pretty major power by then.

So you mentioned she "had a lawyer" - what do you suppose the lawyer of a young actress in the 90s against the egal department of Miramax?

Jesus christ, you are not the one who gets to decide if what she did was in the interest of women or Just or McGowan or the world. She made a choice to accept a settlement, that may or may not have had a NDA, and she eventually did speak out. And you don't get to judge that.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:41 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Operation Yewtree.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:37 PM

OK I'll be the first to mention one little thing that I've wondered about.
We have the women who were approached and turned Weinstein down (often with adverse effects to their careers).
We have the women who were apparently unable to fight him off and were sexually assaulted and in some cases paid off.
We have the people who "heard rumors" but didn't feel comfortable speaking up at the time but now say they wish they did.
We have the people who state they never were approached and never saw anything and now say they would have said something if they knew.
Am I the only one wondering about one last group, the women who slept with him to further their careers? I can't be the only one who thinks that there are probably more than a few of them out there. Granted, the fact that they gave in under coersion or even physical threat does NOT mean that they are to blame, but just wondering who his approach actually worked on that made him think he could keep doing it. Might want to see if there are any actresses who kept getting starring roles in Miramax productions. I suspect some in the groups above are in this category and I don't blame them for not coming forward although it would help to underscore the fact that this behavior is wrong, even if a woman can be coerced for the sake of her career.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:56 PM
Charter Member

Anybody know if Tarantino has had anything to say about this? If there is a director today who owes more to Weinstein than Tarantino (and, in many ways, vice versa), I don't know the name. From everything I know, QT loved his professional relationship with HW, saying HW gives him the freedom and the bank to make whatever movie he wants.

Surely that's going to change. Will QT now become, god forbid, a director for hire?
Old 10-18-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobunny View Post
OK I'll be the first to mention one little thing that I've wondered about.
We have the women who were approached and turned Weinstein down (often with adverse effects to their careers).
We have the women who were apparently unable to fight him off and were sexually assaulted and in some cases paid off.
We have the people who "heard rumors" but didn't feel comfortable speaking up at the time but now say they wish they did.
We have the people who state they never were approached and never saw anything and now say they would have said something if they knew.
Am I the only one wondering about one last group, the women who slept with him to further their careers? I can't be the only one who thinks that there are probably more than a few of them out there. Granted, the fact that they gave in under coersion or even physical threat does NOT mean that they are to blame, but just wondering who his approach actually worked on that made him think he could keep doing it. Might want to see if there are any actresses who kept getting starring roles in Miramax productions. I suspect some in the groups above are in this category and I don't blame them for not coming forward although it would help to underscore the fact that this behavior is wrong, even if a woman can be coerced for the sake of her career.
Ill admit I have wondered something similar. BUT I can't imagine a lot of women will be willing that yes, they gave in, and thats why they are where they are now.

"Yes, I totally slept my way to the top" couldn't be an an easy admission to voice, even if it isn't exactly true.Some may have given in to not be ruined.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:45 AM
BANNED

I saw a comment the other day where someone got blackballed from Weinstein's movies because he warned an actress about Weinstein, not knowing that she was already sleeping with him. The actress mentioned it to Weinstein and a furious Weinstein called the next day to inform this person that they'd never work in another Weinstein (or maybe Miramax) film. Apart from the fact that this struck me as the height of ingratitude and betrayal of someone trying to look out for this actress's best interests, it also made me wonder just how many there've been who have slept with him to get ahead. And given that some of his behavior as described is so bizarre (watch him showering, masturbating while watching them, etc.) that I've wondered if perhaps some of the victims speaking out now slept with him but don't want to admit it so they've come up with these other stories instead in an effort to bring him down. It just doesn't make sense that a guy in his position wouldn't even try to get some of these women into bed, but instead just wants them to watch him do pervy things with no mention of actual sex.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Will QT now become, god forbid, a director for hire?
Maybe not, if women start coming forward about him too...
Old 10-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobunny View Post
Granted, the fact that they gave in under coersion or even physical threat does NOT mean that they are to blame, but just wondering who his approach actually worked on that made him think he could keep doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhief View Post
"Yes, I totally slept my way to the top" couldn't be an an easy admission to voice, even if it isn't exactly true.Some may have given in to not be ruined.
To hear Asia Argento's story, that was a fair bit of it. She was raped and that appears to have more or less broken her, in some ways to this day. She admits to having had consensual sex with Weinstein subsequent to her rape for several years in her early twenties, but seems to regard that whole episode in her life with residual loathing( including self-loathing ).

But from Weinstein's POV, no doubt she was the very picture of a "success." He got laid repeatedly over a period of years with his hot young "friend." Hard to blame Argento too much IMHO, she sounds pretty scarred. But it surely did work towards encouraging his actions.

Last edited by Tamerlane; 10-19-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
It's a long list, going back decades, and not just in the entertainment world. I expect a few famous names are feeling a bit anxious right now.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Greenback View Post
I expect a few famous names are feeling a bit anxious right now.
I don't see why, nobody seems to want to name any other names besides Weinstein. As deserved as the pile on is I was hoping women would start coming forward about other people already, he sure as hell isn't the only abuser in Hollywood.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:16 PM

Why is it more aren't being put on blast? Rape culture would be my guess.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:49 PM

Kevin Smith has pledged to donate all future residuals from his Weinstein financed films to a woman's charity.

Story here

Quote:
Smith is one of many celebrities who issued a statement about Weinstein following a bombshell New York Times report chronicling decades of sexual harassment allegations against the producer. “He financed the first 14 years of my career – and now I know while I was profiting, others were in terrible pain. It makes me feel ashamed,” Smith wrote on Twitter.

While announcing why he picked the Los Angeles-based Women in Film, Smith said, “It’s historically much harder, of course, for a woman to get a film made than a man.” He added that he is worried his Weinstein-associated projects will be devalued by the scandal, so he pledged to give $2,000 a month to the organization “from now until the fucking day I die.”
Old 10-19-2017, 01:51 PM

When this all began I was happy that people like Weinstein were at last getting their just deserts. It has now mushroomed into something I find a little worrying, and I'm not alone in this. Several commentators have warned that this is taking on shades of a McCarthyist witch hunt. Men are being 'exposed' for behavior that is no more than flirtational. Yes, take down true predators like Weinstein but don't start asserting that every guy who ever winked at a woman is a sexist monster. Weinstein's brother is now being accused of predation because he asked his secretary or whatever out. It's common knowledge that the guy is nothing like his brother. But in this climate to be once accused is to stand convicted. And that is not right.

Last edited by aldiboronti; 10-19-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:04 PM

It's probably a good idea for people to never ask subordinates out. There's always the power imbalance that makes the underling worry about the consequences if they say no. So while his brother may not be a sexual harasser, that is a behavior commonly found in harassers. It's too bad he's getting caught up in this, but the world would be a better place if bosses stopped trying to date their secretaries.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-s...shire-28934963

WTF is going on in the UK?

Eventually a few people got arrested and convicted. But only after years of abuse and the police and others in power covering it up.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

No true Brit would do such a thing.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Anybody know if Tarantino has had anything to say about this? If there is a director today who owes more to Weinstein than Tarantino (and, in many ways, vice versa), I don't know the name. From everything I know, QT loved his professional relationship with HW, saying HW gives him the freedom and the bank to make whatever movie he wants.

Surely that's going to change. Will QT now become, god forbid, a director for hire?
Quote:
“I knew enough to do more than I did,” he said, citing several episodes involving prominent actresses. “There was more to it than just the normal rumors, the normal gossip. It wasn’t secondhand. I knew he did a couple of these things.”
Quote:
“What I did was marginalize the incidents,” he recalled, saying he wrote them off as mild misbehavior. “Anything I say now will sound like a crappy excuse.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/m...weinstein.html
Old 10-19-2017, 09:38 PM

Lupita Nyong'o tells her story in an in-depth essay. Just SMH nothing to say that hasn't already been said.