Old 07-10-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillFarnaby View Post
How does the article support the claim that the caller was “white”?
The third link shows a picture of the woman who called the police, dipshit.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
What would you expect the campus police to do? Tell her to go to her room? Arrest her for sleeping while being black?
On my campus, I would expect the campus police to check her I.D. and confirm she was a student. Then they would say, "Thank you for your cooperation, mam. Unfortunately, because of the problems we have had with people living illegally in the dorms we have to check out situations like this." The next day an RA (resident advisor) would probably go around reminding everybody on that floor or pod that security rules are there for everyone's benefit and that if you don't want to woken up by campus police after midnight and asked to show your I.D., sleep in your bedroom, not the common area.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbeck View Post
Have you never nodded off unintentionally?
Not in a common area like that or anywhere at a university unless it was bedroom or study cubicle with a lock on the door. Anything else is would be unsafe. On a lot of campuses illegal use of the dorms and other buildings (people camping our or living in buildings) is a serious problem that only exacerbates crimes of theft and sexual assault. Creating a safe campus is everybody's responsibility.

Last edited by ZPG Zealot; 07-10-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:49 PM
And Full Contact Origami
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
"Woman wears a Puerto Rico shirt.

A man confronts her for wearing it, repeatedly approaches her within a couple feet, and questions her citizenship.

When the woman pleads for a nearby police officer to keep the man back from her, he ignores her."

https://t.co/0YwG1rIuSl
This is absolutely outrageous.

Drunk racist assholes are going to be drunk racist assholes. The officer's inaction, though, is heartbreaking.

I see that he's been assigned to desk duty pending an investigation.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:52 PM

Well good for you. It doesn't sound like much of a shared space or common area though if one person can dictate to everyone else to never nod off or I guess even rest your eyes for a minute while studying. I'm glad I didn't go to your university, sounds like a pretty uncomfortable place to exist with all the entitlement attitude towards what is supposed to be shared space. When I was in school I'd see people relaxing all over the place in shared and common areas of the campus, and some were *gasp* laying down, or had their heads down on study cubicles. Not sure how I survived.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricker View Post
This is absolutely outrageous.

Drunk racist assholes are going to be drunk racist assholes. The officer's inaction, though, is heartbreaking.

I see that he's been assigned to desk duty pending an investigation.
Yeah we see stories like this drunk asshole accosting people all the time these days sadly, but the officer doing nothing makes me sick. He's complicit in my mind. We don't need that kind of person protecting and serving us.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Not in a common room, it doesn't.
I dunno. It's been a thousand years since I was at university, but in my experience, the common areas were largely used for socializing.

At the state university, the boys lived in one wing, the girls in the other. The lounge was in between. It had a tv, as well. We used to watch tv before lunch Big Valley, in the late afternoon Jeopardy, and before dinner M*A*S*H. There were mixers on Saturday nights. People occasionally brought a textbook to the lounge with them, but studying wasn't exactly the priority.

Sleeping would have been odd, if not impossible.

YMMV.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Anconia View Post
I dunno. It's been a thousand years since I was at university, but in my experience, the common areas were largely used for socializing.

At the state university, the boys lived in one wing, the girls in the other. The lounge was in between. It had a tv, as well. We used to watch tv before lunch Big Valley, in the late afternoon Jeopardy, and before dinner M*A*S*H. There were mixers on Saturday nights. People occasionally brought a textbook to the lounge with them, but studying wasn't exactly the priority.

Sleeping would have been odd, if not impossible.

YMMV.
I mean sleeping in the common room doesn't imply they are directing others not to make a lot of noise around them.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:06 PM

Why can't people just stop calling the cops for petty stuff like this. Not every human needs to conform to what you feel is correct behavior. Where did people learn this idea that just because someone isn't doing what I want them to do that I need to call the police? This seems like a pretty new phenomenon and the only word that keeps coming to mind is entitlement.

Last edited by Airbeck; 07-10-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Well good for you. It doesn't sound like much of a shared space or common area though if one person can dictate to everyone else to never nod off or I guess even rest your eyes for a minute while studying. I'm glad I didn't go to your university, sounds like a pretty uncomfortable place to exist with all the entitlement attitude towards what is supposed to be shared space. When I was in school I'd see people relaxing all over the place in shared and common areas of the campus, and some were *gasp* laying down, or had their heads down on study cubicles. Not sure how I survived.
This incident happened at 1:30 a.m. at night not a time when most people are just nodding off accidentally as they go about their regular day. Someone sleeping in a dorms common area at 1:30 a.m. is the kind of them that merits a cursory check.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPG Zealot View Post
This incident happened at 1:30 a.m. at night not a time when most people are just nodding off accidentally as they go about their regular day. Someone sleeping in a dorms common area at 1:30 a.m. is the kind of them that merits a cursory check.
Why? Are they vandalizing stuff in their sleep? Sleep-arsoning? Snoring too loud? Black?
Old 07-10-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah we see stories like this drunk asshole accosting people all the time these days sadly, but the officer doing nothing makes me sick. He's complicit in my mind. We don't need that kind of person protecting and serving us.
The Cook County Forest Preserve officer is under investigation now, which is nice.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...487776211.html

I didn't realize that this was in Chicago at first and Caldwell Woods is just a short hop from my house. It distresses me to see this where I live, and I know this area isn't immune to racism, of course. I have a cop that's very close to my family who's racist.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Like waking them up and asking if they are OK?
Old 07-10-2018, 03:11 PM

In my dorm days, falling asleep on the couch in the common rooms was incredibly common and barely remarked on. No one felt any need to be quiet around them.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:14 PM

You've never pulled an all-nighter studying before a big test? Maybe she thought she'd have better luck staying up to study in the common area than in her bed, and ultimately succumbed to exhaustion. Maybe if people didn't make so many assumptions this sort of thing wouldn't happen so often. I also think there probably wouldn't be a cursory check called in if it had been a blonde girl sleeping on the couch.

Last edited by Airbeck; 07-10-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
The third link shows a picture of the woman who called the police, dipshit.
Are we basing the claim of “white” on her skin appearance or assumptions about her heritage? Not sure, it’s confusing to me. What is the verdict from the race realist community?
Old 07-10-2018, 03:18 PM

Old 07-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
A student who should have gone to her dorm room to take a nap rather than, monopolizing what is supposed to be a shared space by camping out in the dorm common area.
You better sit down while I tell you this.

A lot of college students are having sex with other people. And if the person they're having sex with isn't their roommate, then they're probably going to ask their roommate to go hang out somewhere else for a couple of hours. So people end up camping out in the dorm common area.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:24 PM

Just what the board needed, a place where those obsessed with racism and racists themselves can work themselves up to a fine frenzy without annoying everyone else. Thank you, Huey Freeman, an inspired idea!
Old 07-10-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Why can't people just stop calling the cops for petty stuff like this. Not every human needs to conform to what you feel is correct behavior. Where did people learn this idea that just because someone isn't doing what I want them to do that I need to call the police? This seems like a pretty new phenomenon and the only word that keeps coming to mind is entitlement.
Because sometimes it isn't petty stuff. Sometimes it is the symptom of serious problems. The Circulation Desk at my library keeps a number of photographs behind the desk counter so the staff can keep an eye out for people who are banned from the library. Some of these are people (some of them are sex offenders and other ex-cons) who have been caught "living" in the library. By that I mean they are homeless people who have been caught in the library after closing hours. It's sad that they have no place to go, but we can't let them use our building for a shelter either. In our dorms there are similar problems with students letting friends stay with them. I'm not talking about a friend staying the night or the weekend with another friend, but someone staying for weeks or even months. Someone the university doesn't know is there and knows nothing about. With even the most basic dorm rental agreement there is usually a contact number or two and some basic information that can be of use to RAs and dorm management if there are problems. When so many people live together you kind of have to police each other in case what someone's idea of good friend and trustworthy person is turns out to be laughably or tragically wrong.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Like waking them up and asking if they are OK?
If you don't know the person, you don't know if the person is dangerous or not. Letting the professionals ask those kind of questions is usually safer.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Why? Are they vandalizing stuff in their sleep? Sleep-arsoning? Snoring too loud? Black?
Maybe they are not a resident of that dorm. Maybe they plan on clipping a few wallets or backpacks after they finish their nap which is a very common strategy with the homeless who use our library facilities.

Last edited by ZPG Zealot; 07-10-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:19 PM

I think we've established how you would handle this situation based on your experience at the library. This was not your library.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
The Cook County Forest Preserve officer is under investigation now, which is nice.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...487776211.html

I didn't realize that this was in Chicago at first and Caldwell Woods is just a short hop from my house. It distresses me to see this where I live, and I know this area isn't immune to racism, of course. I have a cop that's very close to my family who's racist.
What a fucking disgrace. And that cop just standing there. A fucking disgrace. In Florida she coulda stood her fucking ground, not that she should have, or should have needed to. Fucking sick.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I think we've established how you would handle this situation based on your experience at the library. This was not your library.
It's a university campus. Campus security issues at mainstream universities (i.e., not military institutions or monastic houses) are not the different anywhere you go in United States. Quite frankly, the negative attitudes about taking basic security precautions that many people on this thread have expressed are the reasons campus crime is so high. Most dorms have good secure locks, but idiots let strangers into the buildings. Or they don't bother to lock their doors. Or they leave expensive electronics in common areas, Or they don't pay any attention to what people around them are doing until it's too late. Everyone likes to talk about politeness, allowing your neighbors to get raped, robbed, or murdered when a few basic precautions cautions could have prevented it is highly impolite. If you see something, you should say something.

Last edited by ZPG Zealot; 07-10-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Are we basing the claim of “white” on her skin appearance or assumptions about her heritage? Not sure, it’s confusing to me. What is the verdict from the race realist community?
We got it. Apparently you don't like black folks. You made your point, now go away. You fucking make me sick, and I have a strong stomach.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
Point of order: that's true of every nation. And don't forget that the native American tribes warred against each other.
What about Iceland?
Old 07-10-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfreida View Post
What about Iceland?
Point, Ulfreida. 15-0
Old 07-10-2018, 05:05 PM

That cop who did nothing is a worthless bastard who needs to be fired, the cop that did this, is a monster who deserves some prison time:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rnd/index.html
Old 07-10-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Usually when someone is sleeping, it implies they are directing others not to make a lot of noise around them. The common rooms in dorms are basically designed for socializing, working on group projects, team planning sessions, etc. They are designated places where people can get rather loud. This is ideally to facilitate the dorm bedrooms being quieter places where people can sleep or study in a calmer atmosphere.
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, as usual.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Please be quiet, Large Knucklehead.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Oh, it was 1:30am, so prime time for someone to be monopolizing a shared space by dozing off while studying.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
We got it. Apparently you don't like black folks. You made your point, now go away. You fucking make me sick, and I have a strong stomach.
He's just one of our resident floundering Dunning-Kruger idjits who's convinced he'll land the mother of all GOTCHAs one day, meanwhile exhibiting all the dexterity and elegance of Sideshow Bob in a field of rakes.

D'Anconia is another subprime example of this phenomenon. I assume octopus is still whiffing on a regular basis too, although I couldn't say for sure.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellMyWort View Post
Oh, it was 1:30am, so prime time for someone to be monopolizing a shared space by dozing off while studying.
Hey, they could be taking a nap to rest up for their robbery and murder spree.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I don’t intend on receiving an answer in any shape or form.
I notice you don't have a sig file, and recommend you use this quote.

Last edited by Left Hand of Dorkness; 07-10-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
I notice you don't have a sig file, and recommend you use this quote.
Technically, he will receive a number of answers. He just won't pay attention to them.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:46 PM

One positive thing to take away from these stories is that racists these days seem to mostly call the cops rather than acting on their own, it suggests they're either wusses or wary about outing their opinions to the general public.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:49 PM

Or it could be that, due to numerous stories about cops' interactions with black people, white people call the cops hoping they show up and give a beat down to the black people.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Or it could be that, due to numerous stories about cops' interactions with black people, white people call the cops hoping they show up and give a beat down to the black people.
Well that's not positive at all.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
Well that's not positive at all.
Well, I said "OR"

Old 07-10-2018, 06:06 PM

How about farming while black?
Old 07-10-2018, 07:28 PM
BANNED

Neighbors call cops on 12 year old black kid delivering newspapers.

White man deliberately ran over Jason Numley during the Antwon Rose protests. Other white folks carefully considered the evidence will charge him with a misdemeanor.

This one gets an honorable mention:

Virginia lawmaker, Rep. Scott Taylor, insists he can't be racist because his son is named after a black man. The name? Sterling. Not exactly the blackest name there is. But alright.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
That is seriously fucked up.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Usually when someone is sleeping, it implies they are directing others not to make a lot of noise around them.
I fell asleep in the middle of a concert by The Police once. Trust me, nobody nearby got the impression that I was directing them to not make a lot of noise around me.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman View Post
This is an omnibus thread to cover the injustices that black people and other minorities experience in this country. Here are a sampling of this month's grab-bag. I will add more as time permits.

On May 31st, a Sherell L. Lewis Jr. was struck by Martin Matthew. He knew that Sherell had died on the way to the hospital and had openly bragged about it on Snapchat. Matthew wrote on Snapchat “y’all i just hit a whole guy on the highway,” followed by three sob emojis. He referred to the person who died as "some nigger".

On July 3rd, State Rep Janelle Bynum had to police called on her while canvassing in a predominately white neighborhood for her re-election campaign.

On July 4th,
Rodolfo Rodriguez, a 92 year old Hispanic-American was beaten with a brick. During the attack, the assailant said "Go back to your own country."

Late June, a white couple - the Krakoras - in Ohio called the police on an 11 year old boy because he mowed a part of their lawn. 11 days later, on July 4th, the white couple called the police again because the children allegedly wetted their house while playing outside. The couple said “We have always been told by the police that if we feel threatened, ‘Don’t confront these people, just call us[.]" and "We’re a slightly older couple. We have a white couple in their eighties next to us. If we feel it’s going to be more of an issue to go over trying to talk to somebody, for our safety, we just call the police.”

In California, District Attorney Michael Selyem wrote of Maxine Waters, “Being a loud-mouthed cunt in the ghetto you would think someone would have shot this bitch by now …”

On July 4th, Devonte Ortiz was killed by a 41 year old white man. The white man claimed self-defense but the video that the police have indicate a different story. The video allegedly shows Ortiz, the white man, and the white man's father arguing over firecrackers. The white man is seen unholstering and holstering his gun multiple times. The white man's father attempts to intervene leading to shoving between Ortiz and the white man's father. The white man's father falls to the ground, and the white man responded by shooting Devonte Ortiz to death.

On July 4th, Larry Lappin was recorded flipping out because he heard Mexican-Americans celebrating the holiday with Spanish music. “Sometimes I wish they would assimilate more. I hear them playing [Spanish language] music in the backyard all the time and it doesn’t bother me. Because of the day and what July 4th means to me, I felt disrespected,” Lappin said.

On July 4th, Adam Bloom demanded the identification of a black woman and reported her to the authorities when she refused.

On July 7th an African-American millionaire, Frank Davis, found a note with a racial slur in his hotel room.
Rodriguez was beaten by a black woman. It must be hard and tiring smashing a brick on a 92 year old. Poor blawommin. Probably chipped a nail.

Last edited by octopus; 07-10-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
Rodriguez was beaten by a black woman. It must be hard and tiring smashing a brick on a 92 year old. Poor blawommin. Probably chipped a nail.
That's your takeaway from that post? You really are a despicable piece of shit. Basket of Deplorables was way too kind to describe scum like you.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
That's your takeaway from that post? You really are a despicable piece of shit. Basket of Deplorables was way too kind to describe scum like you.
Is the stupid and hypocritical potty mouth triggered? Awwww

Last edited by octopus; 07-10-2018 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I'm going by her last name, racist dipshit.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:03 PM

"Living"? Dyin' ain't much of a living.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
Is the stupid and hypocritical potty mouth triggered? Awwww
Truth hurts, you whiny little white trash punk.