Old 11-06-2018, 07:38 PM

Nm duplicate

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 11-06-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post
I can't stand the subject of this thread. I find him to be an idiot, a terrible debater, and disingenuous in the extreme. However, I thought he was treated pretty unfairly in that thread. I thought there was an actual interesting question in there (which I posted over there -- feel free to call me on it), but the SDMB couldn't get past his history.

I guess he's being treated unfairly there because he's such an asshole elsewhere, but that thread was still a shitshow for no real reason other than that.
...it is a potentially interesting question handled with the sensitivity of a boorish oaf. The thread title gave no indication that the thread was going to be a fairly explicit discussion of sexual assault. In fact, the thread title in fact gives the impression that the subject of the thread is something that is regularly discussed. And when he asks " a finger (or two or three fingers or even a fist) count as an object?" one has to wonder exactly how much pleasure he got when he wrote that sentence.

It has nothing to do with his history. Even if I didn't know who it was who wrote that OP I still would have thought "what sort of arsehole would write this without giving a warning?"
Old 11-07-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquet Bear View Post
...it is a potentially interesting question handled with the sensitivity of a boorish oaf. The thread title gave no indication that the thread was going to be a fairly explicit discussion of sexual assault. In fact, the thread title in fact gives the impression that the subject of the thread is something that is regularly discussed. And when he asks " a finger (or two or three fingers or even a fist) count as an object?" one has to wonder exactly how much pleasure he got when he wrote that sentence.

It has nothing to do with his history. Even if I didn't know who it was who wrote that OP I still would have thought "what sort of arsehole would write this without giving a warning?"
I agree that a <graphic content> warning was warranted. I won't even respond to that thread while I'm not at home.

Believe me, I have no love for that guy. It would have been interesting to discuss those nuances, though, in a more objective fashion, even though the actual subject is pretty gross.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
Nobody, before this comment, has equated the term "public hanging" with extrajudicial lynchings. The term public hanging has always and forever heretofore meant the legal method of execution conducted in most states in the 19th century.
Just doing his thing. Making shit up and not backing down an inch.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:16 AM

Keep an eye out for the, "Sure my facts were wrong, but my opinion is still right," argument in the Cindy Hyde-Smith thread.

It's an UltraVires classic.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Y'all, I think the door just hit him on the butt.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
Wait, what? Can you elaborate? He's not banned. Did he flounce?
Old 11-26-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Turbo View Post
Wait, what? Can you elaborate? He's not banned. Did he flounce?
Sounds like it here.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Charter Member

Excellent! I thought I heard fewer fart noises bouncing off the walls of the echo chamber today.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:18 PM
Charter Member

Why is it that the stupidest people think that their lack of participation will hurt discussion?
Old 11-26-2018, 04:31 PM

"Hey, if we're not allowed to say dumb racist shit, then I'm going to get THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! Enjoy your non racist- or is that racial- echo chamber!"

Last edited by bobot; 11-26-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
Rake handle hit him in the face.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Rake handle hit him in the face.
Only UltraVires can prevent forest fires.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:53 PM
Charter Member

LOL - his position basically boils down to "You guys just don't like me saying racist and homophobic stuff just because YOU aren't racist and homophobic!"
Old 11-26-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Only UltraVires can prevent forest fires.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:41 PM
Charter Member

Smokey the Bear is in the Witness Protection Program. Drinks a lot.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:12 AM

How will he practice law? He'll be back.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
Why is it that the stupidest people think that their lack of participation will hurt discussion?
David Dunning and Justin Kruger addressed this quite elegantly.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

He's never heard of the National Guard, either.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:12 PM

Can we add "unbelievably sexist" to "fucking dumb" on his resume? His comments in the Selective Service thread ("Well, I don't have a son, but if I did, he would probably be of better use to the army as a GI than my daughter, who would cripple the country with debt if they had to buy her clothing.", "But if they wanted to come and draft my little girl and make her go out and kill? That would probably break one of her nails.") are so bad I'm surprised they haven't drawn a warning.

Hopefully, his daughter never sees his embarrassing and demeaning posts. I wonder if he lets her get an education or use the internet -- maybe he just pats her little head and tells her she'll just have to find a husband to keep her. School is for the boys and she shouldn't worry her pretty little head about it.

At this point, he's practically performance art.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post
At this point, he's practically performance art.
This.

When I saw this thread bumped I was sure it was going to be about his posts in the now locked misogyny policy thread in ATMB. Every post of his in that thread is thick as fuck.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:32 PM
BANNED

He's currently shitting up the Brexit thread. I mean... wow. This guy is dumb.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:08 PM

I imagine his daughter, assuming she exists, will only be allowed to go for her MRS degree.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:22 AM

In the "mistrusting government" thread, he is now positing that there is no white resentment of minority rights because West Virginia is a mostly white state and white boys are pulled over by police.

I guess you had to be there. But he is indeed a fucking idiot.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:16 PM

He has found his way into the PC thread in IMHO, so god help us there. He's using all his best lawyering arguing skills! Which is why being too PC leads to white people becoming radicalized and transphobic, or something -- it's a little hard to follow.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:21 PM

His ex-wife
Old 12-30-2018, 10:11 AM
Charter Member

Hillbilly Lawyer is bewildered to learn that the UK governmental system isn't quite the same as the US one but it somehow works just as well anyway.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:15 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Hillbilly Lawyer is bewildered to learn that the UK governmental system isn't quite the same as the US one but it somehow works just as well anyway.
He seems to find The Law bewildering in general.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Dammitall, I could feel brain cells gibbering and dying just reading that thing, and it's not like I have a lot of spare capacity left at my age.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Reported.

You made all of us dumber for having linked to that. Posts should never be weaponized... I had no choice!

Last edited by JohnT; 12-30-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:53 PM

I enjoyed it! "I cannot understand it, but here's my understanding of it." Comedy gold.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:20 PM

In the Supreme Court allowing Trump's anti-trans executive order to proceed, UV contradicts himself right in the OP. Then, he doesn't understand that he's done that, so Little Nemo takes him to school:

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...8&postcount=16

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark!
Old 01-23-2019, 11:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyTeddyFreddy View Post
Dammitall, I could feel brain cells gibbering and dying just reading that thing, and it's not like I have a lot of spare capacity left at my age.
If only we could target the effect. Read something wearying and tiresome, and scorch the brain cells that have the memory of when I tried to blame the fart on the dog, and the dog was outside.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
If only we could target the effect. Read something wearying and tiresome, and scorch the brain cells that have the memory of when I tried to blame the fart on the dog, and the dog was outside.
"Uh... lucky for us! Imagine how bad if he were in here..."
Old 01-24-2019, 08:02 AM

In the Prostitution thread, UV argues that experiencing good sex is a threat to the stability of marriages. Because wifey might be perceived as not as exciting as previous sex partners.

He's a dumb fuck even by West Virginia standards.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:06 AM

The challenge is to find a standard by which he isn't a dumbfuck.

I suspect it's impossible.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:54 PM

He's likely slightly less of a dumbfuck than doorhinge and Urbanredneck. So yanno, he's got that goin' for him.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:45 PM

I disagree about doorhinge. I don't think he's as stupid as he appears -- he's just a disingenuous jerk who always argues in bad faith. Now, Urbanredneck, wow. I agree with you there.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:49 AM
Charter Member

I almost forgot this one. The hillbilly admits he carries a shootin' iron because of his fear of brown people.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:52 AM

While I would not doubt his general fear of Other, including POC, your link does not seem to match your assertion.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:06 PM

Here he gives what seems like reasonable advice, for what it's worth.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:42 PM

West Virginia's dumbest lawyer has little to no understanding about Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Quote:
Serious question. What legal or moral wrong is there is knowing that a foreign country is on your side in a presidential election and being happy that they are on your side?
Russia was rooting for Trump and that made Trump smile. What's wrong with that?

His ignorance, however, is not going to prevent him from sharing his hot takes.

Quote:
I keep seeing "attack" "destabilize" "cause distrust" "interfered" etc. My understanding was that the Russians just put out garbage on Facebook and other social media, things that if done by Americans would have been okay.

Those words seem to be hyperbole unless I am mistaken about what the Russians actually did. Are foreigners not allowed to advocate in U.S. elections or just the governments themselves? Can a Russian on vacation make a speech in a public park about an upcoming election? Can he take out a Facebook ad?
Pro tip UltraVires, whenever you find yourself saying, "Unless I'm mistaken..." you should stop immediately and figure out the what the facts are.

Of course you're mistaken you fucking nit wit. You are mistaken almost all the time so it should not come as a shock to you.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Let me ask it another way. Let's say that I work for Pepsi and I want more people to buy Pepsi instead of Coke. If I, as an American working for Pepsi, did absolutely everything the Russians did in 2016, except that my message was "Coke sucks, drink Pepsi" instead of "Clinton sucks, vote Trump" would I have violated any laws?
When Pepsi tries to breach the computers of every county government in Florida let me know you fucking dumb ass.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Turbo View Post
West Virginia's dumbest lawyer has little to no understanding about Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Just what I came here to post. I was actually going to put it in the Trolls R Us thread but I suppose this keeps all the stupidity from our resident dumbass in one place.

Apparently the fact that illegal Russian election meddling ramped up to unprecedented levels in 2016 -- and that they have been found to be doing the same thing in the UK and elsewhere in western democracies with the specific goal of destabilizing them -- is to this driveling imbecile the exact equivalent of just being "on Trump's side". There's actually no "apparently" about it -- that's literally what the feeble-brained twit actually said.

Hey, West Virginia's dumbest lawyer, back in 2008 I wanted to buy a $20 "Obama '08" baseball cap online. I could not. It would be considered a campaign contribution, and it was illegal for me, as a non-American, to engage in such electioneering. But you think it's just fine for a veritable army of Russian agents to be working to skew the national presidential election results in every possible way they could. Your stupidity is astounding. Maybe the fact that the Russians were doing it because they want to see the US going down the toilet as a world power is what makes it OK for you? Are you willfully a traitor or are you just that unfathomably dumb?
Old 04-18-2019, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

And don't forget that not only were the Russians committing a multitude of crimes, they were doing so at Trump's request. If it were just the Russians, you could say "well, what do you want us to do about it, start a war?". But the conspirators inside the US, them we can do something about.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:46 PM
Charter Member

And, of course, in a court filing, the Russians argued that the venue was incorrect because they consider what they did to be an act of war.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:54 PM

Reading that thread, he doesn't just come across as an idiot, which he is of course. He practically comes across as a traitor to me. I mean, whose side are you on, Russia's or the US?

Also, UV, lots of things are illegal if foreigners to then that aren't illegal if Americans do them, especially related to campaigns.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:58 PM

More from that thread
Quote:
Further, it was well known during the 2016 election that the Russians and more particularly Putin supported Trump. If anything, that hurt him.

How does a foreign government expressing its views in our elections constitute any of those words? The voters can take that support into account when they make their choices and vote accordingly. Oh, Russian is for Trump, but France and the UK are really pushing for Hillary? Well, I don't like the Russians, but I do like the Brits, so my vote is for Hillary.

What's wrong with that?
This whole investigation is all because Putin, in passing, just happened to mentioned he liked Trump.

Last edited by Buck Godot; 04-18-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:04 PM

I think he might meet the literal definition of retarded.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:39 AM
Charter Member

So, attacking America at our judo chop spots is rubbing up on our biases, suspicions, and mistrust, the grim spectrum from disdain to hatred. Told the Bernie Bros how Hillary cheated them out of supreme power, told white working class guys that black/brown people were coming for their jobs and their daughters.

Didn't say much of anything to rich folks. I mean, sure, preach to the choir but why bother? Oldest trick in the book, really, happened to the Grand Vizier of Akkad (2019 BCE), who was summarily dismissed.