Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 04-19-2019, 06:35 AM
Chisquirrel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post
Reading that thread, he doesn't just come across as an idiot, which he is of course. He practically comes across as a traitor to me. I mean, whose side are you on, Russia's or the US?

Also, UV, lots of things are illegal if foreigners to then that aren't illegal if Americans do them, especially related to campaigns.
"Better Russian than a Democrat."
  #152  
Old 04-19-2019, 07:02 AM
Ludovic is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: America's Wing
Posts: 31,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
And don't forget that not only were the Russians committing a multitude of crimes, they were doing so at Trump's request.
I'm going to need a cite for the fact that it was at Trump's request. It's not like there is video of him publicly asking the Russians to hack the Democrats. If there were, then certainly the GOP would turn against him.

Last edited by Ludovic; 04-19-2019 at 07:03 AM.
  #153  
Old 04-19-2019, 07:16 AM
madmonk28 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 12,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
I'm going to need a cite for the fact that it was at Trump's request. It's not like there is video of him publicly asking the Russians to hack the Democrats. If there were, then certainly the GOP would turn against him.
What? You think Trump is going to get up in front of a bunch of reporters and say to the Russians to please hack the email of a former senator and secretary of state? That's not how these things work.

Last edited by madmonk28; 04-19-2019 at 07:16 AM.
  #154  
Old 04-19-2019, 09:44 AM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 63,658
"I'm not a Russian plant...I'm just auditioning for the job".
  #155  
Old 04-19-2019, 02:20 PM
Buck Godot's Avatar
Buck Godot is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MD outside DC
Posts: 6,395
I hope for his sake that the North Carolina Bar doesn't read the dope


Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
But to expand on the hypo, let's say that the cop from the neighboring town thought the cop from my town was a bad guy and wanted secretly for me to win my case so I discussed strategy with him. Let's further say that objectively the neighboring cop is even more corrupt than the cop in my town.

Is it unethical to simply talk to the neighboring cop? I'm not saying that I will support his corrupt practices, but I will take his help.

Maybe that does skirt some lines somewhere, but as I keep saying, it is not something where I am calling for heads on pikes.
  #156  
Old 04-19-2019, 03:11 PM
Ravenman is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 27,903
Quote:
What is wrong with allying with someone who you would otherwise hate for the limited purpose of accomplishing a specific goal? Again, is it because they are foreigners? It must be because if an American group had done exactly what the Russians did, and Trump allied with them, there would not be an issue.
This terrible lawyer is literally saying that it is smart to get the Russians working for your campaign.

Keep in mind Russians are under indictment for what they did in 2016, and this idiot thinks it is smart to work with those criminals.
  #157  
Old 04-19-2019, 03:23 PM
RitterSport's Avatar
RitterSport is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,881
Mentally retarded WV lawyer: But, are you saying it's wrong and illegal because it was done by foreigners?

kenobi 65, with saint-like patience: Yes, that's definitely part of it. Foreign entities and nationals can't do that.

Mentally retarded WV lawyer: But, what if it was done by the NRA or an American citizen? Would that make any difference.

kenobi 65, with saint-like patience: Yes, because they aren't foreign entities. It makes a difference.

Mentally retarded WV lawyer: I understand that rules can be different for citizens vs. non-citizens. Anyway, is was it wrong just because it's a foreign government?

kenobi 65, losing some saintl-like patience: Yes, godammit! Foreigners can't do that! I'm out of here, talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

Mentally retarded WV lawyer: But, is it wrong because it was a foreign government? Why can't they interfere with our elections, just because they are foreign?

RitterSport, likes talking to brick walls: Yes! As has been explained over and over, they can't do that because election laws say that foreign entities can't do that.

Now I'm waiting with bated breath for him to ask, "would it be OK if it was a citizen? Does it matter that it was a foreign actor?"
  #158  
Old 04-19-2019, 05:53 PM
don't mind me is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: somewhere over there
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post
Now I'm waiting with bated breath for him to ask, "would it be OK if it was a citizen? Does it matter that it was a foreign actor?"
As long as it's not Gerard Depardieu. I hate that guy.
  #159  
Old 04-19-2019, 06:04 PM
Ann Hedonia's Avatar
Ann Hedonia is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,948
I posted this in another thread, but

Here’s a hypothetical for you UV. Suppose Justin Trudeau or Angela Merkel made a public speech detailing Trump’s horribleness and urging all good Americans to vote against him.

Would that be OK with you? Would it be the same situation if Barack Obama or Elizabeth Warren made the exact same speech?
  #160  
Old 04-19-2019, 07:04 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 11,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I posted this in another thread, but

Hereís a hypothetical for you UV. Suppose Justin Trudeau or Angela Merkel made a public speech detailing Trumpís horribleness and urging all good Americans to vote against him.

Would that be OK with you? Would it be the same situation if Barack Obama or Elizabeth Warren made the exact same speech?
I see that UV has not responded, nor posted over there recently, presumably because his fevered brain needs a rest after trying so hard -- and failing -- to understand this extremely difficult question of why a swarm of Russian trolls deluging social media with disinformation campaigns in support of Trump, hacking the DNC, injecting malware into DNC computers, hacking state and county agencies, and offering every possible assistance to the Trump campaign, is in any way different from the Russians liking Trump and hoping that he wins.

What you've asked is just another example of the kind of incredibly nuanced question that UV has been struggling with in that thread, the kind that would challenge even a brain of Einstein's caliber, so it's no wonder that UV is probably lying down with an ice pack over his throbbing forehead until he recovers from the mental exertion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
This terrible lawyer is literally saying that it is smart to get the Russians working for your campaign.

Keep in mind Russians are under indictment for what they did in 2016, and this idiot thinks it is smart to work with those criminals.
The ideal situation I'm picturing is that more Russians are indicted for meddling in the 2020 election, and through some quirk of fate, UltraVires becomes their defense lawyer. I believe this to be a highly appropriate situation considering how much deep thought UV has put into the matter, and one that will no doubt lead to a just outcome in which the Russians, nominally facing five years' imprisonment, will instead get the death penalty. Though I suspect by the time it's over UV will need that ice pack again to cool the mighty overheated brain.
  #161  
Old 04-19-2019, 07:53 PM
Monty's Avatar
Monty is offline
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 24,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by don't mind me View Post
As long as it's not Gerard Depardieu. I hate that guy.

Isn't he a citizen of Russia now?
  #162  
Old 04-19-2019, 09:28 PM
Lance Turbo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 4,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I posted this in another thread, but

Hereís a hypothetical for you UV. Suppose Justin Trudeau or Angela Merkel made a public speech detailing Trumpís horribleness and urging all good Americans to vote against him.

Would that be OK with you? Would it be the same situation if Barack Obama or Elizabeth Warren made the exact same speech?
UltraVires doesn't post in this thread or possibly anywhere in the Pit. In addition to being West Virginia's dumbest lawyer he is a coward with a tiny tiny baby-like penis (presumably).
  #163  
Old 04-19-2019, 10:16 PM
elucidator is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 60,577
He's Canadian?
  #164  
Old 04-19-2019, 11:40 PM
The Tooth is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
He's Canadian?
Wow, you're a total asshole. Even for an American, you stand out.
__________________
"It would never occur to me to wear pink, just as it would never occur to Michael Douglas to play a poor person." - Sarah Vowell
  #165  
Old 04-19-2019, 11:57 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 11,541
I was assuming he meant something much less asshole-ish -- though I can't imagine exactly what -- but I'm willing to let him explain himself.

ETA: Wait a minute ... there's also this, from yesterday:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
So, attacking America at our judo chop spots is rubbing up on our biases, suspicions, and mistrust, the grim spectrum from disdain to hatred. Told the Bernie Bros how Hillary cheated them out of supreme power, told white working class guys that black/brown people were coming for their jobs and their daughters.

Didn't say much of anything to rich folks. I mean, sure, preach to the choir but why bother? Oldest trick in the book, really, happened to the Grand Vizier of Akkad (2019 BCE), who was summarily dismissed.
OK, he's on drugs. Just let it go.

Last edited by wolfpup; 04-20-2019 at 12:01 AM.
  #166  
Old 04-20-2019, 12:19 AM
elucidator is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 60,577
Don't have to read any, names right up top there, fair warning. Few will know, and fewer will care.
  #167  
Old 04-21-2019, 10:04 PM
Northern Piper is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: The snow is back, dammit!
Posts: 30,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Turbo View Post
UltraVires doesn't post in this thread or possibly anywhere in the Pit. In addition to being West Virginia's dumbest lawyer he is a coward with a tiny tiny baby-like penis (presumably).
This is an aspect of SDMB culture Iíve never understood:

Poster A: ďCome to the Pit so I can call you all sorts of rude and vile names!Ē

Poster B: ďIíll pass, thanks. I come here for my own personal enjoyment, not to be the target of abuse.Ē

Poster A: ďCoward! That just proves everything I was planning on saying!Ē

Poster B: ďHave a nice day!Ē
  #168  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:26 PM
Lance Turbo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 4,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Piper View Post
This is an aspect of SDMB culture Iíve never understood:
Seems like you understand it.
  #169  
Old 04-22-2019, 03:26 AM
Sunny Daze's Avatar
Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay Area Urban Sprawl
Posts: 13,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
I hope for his sake that the North Carolina Bar doesn't read the dope
I hope they do.
  #170  
Old 04-23-2019, 06:07 PM
Budget Player Cadet is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,722
Does UltraVires fuck his dog?

Probably not. But he sure keeps fuckin' that chicken.
  #171  
Old 04-23-2019, 07:06 PM
kaylasdad99 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 32,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
I hope for his sake that the North Carolina Bar doesn't read the dope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I hope they do.
Unless there's some reason to believe that the NC Bar has expanded its jurisdiction to include WV, I gotta wonder: why?
  #172  
Old 04-23-2019, 07:17 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 37,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Unless there's some reason to believe that the NC Bar has expanded its jurisdiction to include WV, I gotta wonder: why?
Prevent him from moving there someday.
  #173  
Old 04-23-2019, 07:20 PM
Buck Godot's Avatar
Buck Godot is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MD outside DC
Posts: 6,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Unless there's some reason to believe that the NC Bar has expanded its jurisdiction to include WV, I gotta wonder: why?
mixed up which Red state he was from
  #174  
Old 04-24-2019, 03:27 AM
Budget Player Cadet is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
mixed up which Red state he was from
We should really start calling them brown states. Firstly because they're primarily occupied by a bunch of brownshirted authoritarian dickbags, and secondly because they're just kinda shit.
  #175  
Old 04-24-2019, 03:37 AM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 37,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
We should really start calling them brown states. Firstly because they're primarily occupied by a bunch of brownshirted authoritarian dickbags, and secondly because they're just kinda shit.
Real shithole counties.
  #176  
Old 04-26-2019, 08:52 PM
TokyoBayer's Avatar
TokyoBayer is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 10,889
Even his clients think he's an idiot.






OK, I'm sure that one isn't not really his fault, but it made me laugh.
  #177  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:53 AM
Budget Player Cadet is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,722
Check out his contributions to this thread.

This fucker needs to stop lying. He's not a lawyer - or if he is, he's obviously full of shit. I really wish we could have some moderator intervention here - "Hey, listen, we know you claim to be a lawyer, so that means either many of your posts here (and definitely the post in that thread) are in blatant bad faith and you know you're lying about them, or you're lying about being a lawyer. One or the other has to fucking stop."

Can anyone here take these claims with good faith? Or are we all just pretending, lest the moderators (who refuse to take even the most blatantly bad-faith bullshit as evidence of trolling, see Bone's contribution to that thread) smack us down for calling this shit what it is?
  #178  
Old 06-16-2019, 12:30 PM
Red Wiggler is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,177
West Virginia's dumbest lawyer is a consistent proponent of following the law unless it's a law that hurts the current administration.
  #179  
Old 06-16-2019, 02:09 PM
Skywatcher's Avatar
Skywatcher is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Somewhere in the Potomac
Posts: 36,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
Check out his contributions to this thread.
Nice to see D'Asshole being kicked out of there.
  #180  
Old 06-18-2019, 01:28 AM
Harrington is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 195
How does someone scream that long and vigorously (or at all) over a dead iguana? A dead human, sure, maybe. A dead iguana?

Last edited by Harrington; 06-18-2019 at 01:31 AM.
  #181  
Old 06-18-2019, 03:53 AM
Monty's Avatar
Monty is offline
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 24,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrington View Post
How does someone scream that long and vigorously (or at all) over a dead iguana? A dead human, sure, maybe. A dead iguana?

Well, you know, one reptile may have a certain concern for another reptile's demise.

Last edited by Monty; 06-18-2019 at 03:53 AM.
  #182  
Old 06-19-2019, 08:49 PM
Helena330's Avatar
Helena330 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Near Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 3,977
Such a charming fellow.

Quote:
So we need more rules that are just made up on the spot? Where did this "no rape jokes" rule come from? I see no sticky about it.
https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...6&postcount=58
  #183  
Old 06-19-2019, 08:58 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,792
Courts in this numbskull's area advise defendants to just go ahead and represent themselves.
  #184  
Old 06-20-2019, 04:58 AM
TokyoBayer's Avatar
TokyoBayer is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 10,889
And in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
You know, this gets confusing. In some threads we are not supposed to treat women any differently at all because that is just stereotyping and archaic. Yet in some cases we are to treat women as if they are in 1588 Elizabethan England because they are delicate flowers that cannot conform to the scary people that they see in society and likely need protection from their husbands. Which is it?
Such a clever argument! Is this guy an actual attorney? Don't the opposing lawyers laugh whenever he shows up?
  #185  
Old 06-20-2019, 07:24 AM
Vinyl Turnip is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 20,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoBayer View Post
And in this thread. Such a clever argument! Is this guy an actual attorney?
Not only is he an actual attorney, he's one of very few who can boast an impressive 100% conviction rate!
  #186  
Old 06-20-2019, 08:37 AM
kayaker's Avatar
kayaker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rural Western PA
Posts: 34,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Not only is he an actual attorney, he's one of very few who can boast an impressive 100% conviction rate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Virginia DA
I recommend him highly!
...
  #187  
Old 06-20-2019, 08:42 AM
ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 50,549
You know what they call the guy who finishes last in his law school class? A lawyer.
  #188  
Old 06-20-2019, 10:17 AM
TokyoBayer's Avatar
TokyoBayer is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 10,889
I’m on my phone so I can’t link it, but damn, he’s got a creepy post in the thread I linked about giving candy to little girls and patting their heads.
  #189  
Old 06-20-2019, 10:56 AM
raventhief's Avatar
raventhief is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,192
"but why can't we post rape jokes, there's no explicit rule against it!"
  #190  
Old 06-20-2019, 11:59 AM
Lance Turbo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 4,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
This fucker needs to stop lying. He's not a lawyer - or if he is, he's obviously full of shit. I really wish we could have some moderator intervention here - "Hey, listen, we know you claim to be a lawyer, so that means either many of your posts here (and definitely the post in that thread) are in blatant bad faith and you know you're lying about them, or you're lying about being a lawyer. One or the other has to fucking stop."
As I have stated previously, he is really a lawyer. I know this because he has doxxed himself on this site. Interestingly his practice's website is down right now. I wonder if his complete inability to construct a logical argument has impacted business negatively.
  #191  
Old 06-20-2019, 12:34 PM
Emiliana is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: A less misogynistic place
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoBayer View Post
Iím on my phone so I canít link it, but damn, heís got a creepy post in the thread I linked about giving candy to little girls and patting their heads.
Back in the day. When no one worried about men giving lollipops to little girls.
  #192  
Old 07-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Lance Turbo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 4,682
West Virginia's dumbest lawyer wants to know, "Where do we draw the line?" Literally the same question he asks in every fucking thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
If one wants to say that being against gay marriage and trans "rights" is bigoted, then one needs to define "bigoted." When does opposition to someone turn into bigotry? I am against littering. When does that turn into bigotry against a class of people known as Litterers?
Or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
The problem with "don't be a jerk" is that one's jerkishness has gone far beyond a universal recognition of being a jerk and into a wholly subjective and subconsciously politically based determination of what being a jerk consists of. It really has come to mean nothing more than "upsets a moderator at this time."
  #193  
Old 07-22-2019, 10:35 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 29,005
He was totally dominating the Berkeley thread with his "this serves no purpose except for this purpose" argument.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 07-22-2019 at 10:35 PM.
  #194  
Old 07-22-2019, 10:37 PM
snfaulkner's Avatar
snfaulkner is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 8,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
He was totally dominating the Berkeley thread with his "this serves no purpose except for this purpose" argument.
Notice he completely ignored my question in that. I'm too lazy to start a new thread just to get an answer, however.
__________________
It may be because I'm a drooling simpleton with the attention span of a demented gnat, but would you mind explaining everything in words of one syllable. 140 chars max.
  #195  
Old 07-24-2019, 07:51 AM
Red Wiggler is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,177
West Virginia's Dumbest Lawyer has now decided to pose the question (paraphrasing): how is Russian influence on our elections any worse than someone from Illinois working on a campaign in Wisconsin?

He's got us there. They're exactly the same thing.
  #196  
Old 07-24-2019, 11:51 AM
Sunny Daze's Avatar
Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay Area Urban Sprawl
Posts: 13,510
Yep. If they "won", everyone in Wisconsin would have to stop supporting the Packers.
  #197  
Old 07-24-2019, 03:29 PM
kaylasdad99 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 32,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Turbo View Post
West Virginia's dumbest lawyer wants to know, "Where do we draw the line?" Literally the same question he asks in every fucking thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
If one wants to say that being against gay marriage and trans "rights" is bigoted, then one needs to define "bigoted." When does opposition to someone turn into bigotry? I am against littering. When does that turn into bigotry against a class of people known as Litterers?
Iíve not been too interested in participating in that thread, but Iím glad that you linked that question.

Iíd say it turns into bigotry when itís OPPOSITION to SOMEONE instead of opposition to SOMETHING.

Itís like Mr. Pratchett articulated, it starts with treating people as things.
  #198  
Old 07-24-2019, 03:35 PM
kaylasdad99 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 32,939
The USA has laws prohibiting participation in American elections by foreign countries. If Wisconsin has laws prohibiting participation in Wisconsin by out-of-state actors, the analogy might be supportable.
  #199  
Old 12-30-2019, 09:49 PM
Lance Turbo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 4,682
This dumb motherfucker is at it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
A scary sounding term like "interfering in the election" implies far more than a few stupid memes.
What is his deal with minimizing 2016 election interference as memes?

In a different thread he's also pushing the Russian propaganda that Hunter Biden was rewarded by Burisma as thanks for Joe Biden getting the prosecutor fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraVires View Post
You have Hunter Biden with no experience, no ties to Ukraine, no education, or any knowledge at all about oil and gas getting a lucrative position. This just so happened after Joe Biden demanded that a prosecutor be fired or else he would withhold $1 Billion in aid.
The problem here is that dumbass got the sequence of events backwards.

Last edited by Lance Turbo; 12-30-2019 at 09:50 PM.
  #200  
Old 12-31-2019, 07:08 AM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,792
Attempting to diminish the significance of Trump's actions by falsely claiming that both sides withhold aid is a slight step up the maturity scale from the "he made me do it" defense currently the rage with Republicans.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017